SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

858 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

858 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

Paige · Married on 09/29/2018

I honestly wish I could give them even more stars! Sugar Bakers not only made a delicious cake that everyone loved but they took my vision and made it better than I could have ever imagined! Working with them is a breeze from the cake tasting on they truly listened to everything we wanted and delivered in a major way! Thank you to the entire team for making our day with this cake!! It was perfect.

Sent on 10/01/2018

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Hi Paige, We are overjoyed to hear you not only loved your cake but your entire experience with us! We are so happy we were able to make this a relaxing and enjoyable time with us. We wish you all the best! We hope to see you soon but we look forward to seeing you in one year for your complimentary anniversary cake! Best wishes.

Shelby · Married on 09/15/2018

I absolutely can’t say enough good things about the wedding cake Sugar Bakers made for us! Due to the hurricane at the last minute we had to change venues. Before changing venues they guaranteed they’d be there rain or shine and if you ask me that’s commitment to your client. After making the decision to change venues they was extremely flexible about switching the delivery. They were so responsive throughout the entire process, and so reassuring during a stressful time of having to change venues, vendors, etc. plus our guests LOVED the cake. Always my favorite! Thanks for another delicious cake.

Danielle · Married on 08/18/2018

Their cake was amazing! They delivered the cake to the venue and made everything worry free the day of! The design blew me away!

Sent on 08/22/2018
    SugarBakers Cakes 1

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

We are so pleased to hear you loved your cake, Danielle! Our decorators pay extra attention to detail and they loved making this beauty! We look forward to seeing you for your complimentary one year anniversary cake. Best wishes.

Diane · Married on 08/05/2018

Cake looked and tasted great. Worked with me to make sure we had enough cake for all of our guests but not so much cake that we were eating for weeks on end after the wedding.

Sent on 09/10/2018

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Hi Diane! We are so pleased to hear you loved your cake! We pride ourselves on making sure every couple gets exactly what they are looking for, including the amount of cake. Hopefully you had a little leftover to bring home ;) We look forward to seeing you in one year for your complimentary anniversary cake! Best wishes.

Rudy · Married on 08/03/2018

We had so many compliments on our cake - the look and especially the taste! It was delivered on time, exactly as we ordered it. We loved that we were able to have a cake tasting and that we didn’t have to freeze any cake for our anniversary!!

Sent on 08/16/2018
    SugarBakers Cakes 2

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Hi Rudy, That is wonderful to hear that you and and all of your guests enjoyed your wedding cake! We are overjoyed that we could exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you in one year for your complimentary anniversary cake! Best wishes.

Meredith · Married on 07/21/2018

The cake went so fast, my husband I barely got any. We weren't sorry for that. Guests loved it very very much which counts the most. The cake tasting allowed us to choose flavors that complimented where we both grew up (NC ala lemon and NY ala cannoli). They even provided a mock up drawing of what the cake would look like (travel theme...we LOVE to travel). We won't be waiting a year to eat the top. We and the rest of the family will be eating right now. Thanks Sugarbaker's!!

Sent on 07/22/2018
    SugarBakers Cakes 3

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

It is wonderful to hear that your guests loved your wedding cake, Meredith! We are so pleased to hear the design was exactly what you envisioned. You can absolutely eat the rest of your cake; we offer a free six inch cake on your one year anniversary! We hope to see you soon and we will definitely see you for your one year :) Best wishes.

Catherine · Married on 05/26/2018

Our cake was absolutely delicious! Sugar bakers were wonderful to work with!

Sent on 06/28/2018
    SugarBakers Cakes 4

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

That is wonderful to hear, Catherine! We are so happy we could make your experience with us so positive! Thank you for sending a picture of the cake! We always love to see our creations set up in our couples beautiful venues. We look forward to seeing you in one year for you complimentary anniversary cake! Best wishes.

Jasmine · Married on 05/20/2018

Love Love Love the cakes here. My hubby and I have ordered about 3 cakes from here since our tasting. The cake was beautiful and delivered fresh and on time. The guests ate most of the cake but our caterer managed to save the top layer for us which we ate in two days. Raspberry Amaretto is their signature flavor and it’s the best!

Sent on 07/17/2018

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Jasmine! We always love to hear our couples are repeat customers after their wedding. We look forward to seeing you in one year for your complimentary 6" anniversary cake to celebrate!
  • Wulf4Life

Tina · Married on 05/12/2018

The consultation was so beneficial. I learned the pros and cons for the image in my head to help me make a better decision (things like dark icing makes for pics of people with stained teeth - no thanks!) and in the end we used my original inspiration pic to get exactly what I wanted. The cake was gorgeous! And delicious - for the one bite I got before my new BiLs took me back to the dance floor! I can't wait until next year to actually be able to enjoy it again!

SugarBakers Cakes 5
    SugarBakers Cakes 11
    SugarBakers Cakes 12
    SugarBakers Cakes 13

Melody · Married on 05/05/2018

SugarBakers was not only well within our budget, but the quality was EXCELLENT. Khrissy was so helpful and professional through the whole process. The tasting went really well and our wedding cake turned out phenomenal - exactly what we asked for. Leading up to the wedding, we actually ordered a few cakes from SugarBakers for different occasions and not once did they disappoint. This just reaffirmed our decision to go with them for our wedding cake which, like I said, turned out perfectly. They also offer a complimentary one-year anniversary tier so we didn't have to freeze any of our wedding cake.. Thank goodness because there was none left anyway! It was too good not to eat it all. THANK YOU SugarBakers for making our special day so SWEET! We will definitely be back for some more cakes.

Sent on 06/21/2018

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Hi Melody, That is absolutely wonderful to hear that you and all of your guests loved your cake down to the very last piece! We love finding new customers but also love to find out that we have repeat customers as well. We are so glad we have been able to provide you not only a comfortable and pleasant experience, but a delicious product that you and your loved ones will talk about for years to come. We look forward to celebrating your one year anniversary with another delicious cake! Best wishes.

Genevieve · Married on 04/28/2018

SugarBakers is the best and you shouldn't look anywhere else for your wedding cake! First off, the cake is AMAZING. The tasting was so hard because you can't go wrong with any of the options. My husband normally doesn't love sweet things but even he couldn't get enough of Sugarbakers cake. The design of our wedding cake turned our perfect and even better than we imagined. I didn't even have an image of what I wanted, just threw out some ideas and they made it come to life!

SugarBakers Cakes 14

Sohani · Married on 04/27/2018

We were SO happy with our cake from Sugar Bakers for our wedding day! All of the flavors we tried at our tasting were phenomenal, and our final cake was beyond amazing! Our guests are still talking about our cake :) We were very happy with our design, which was not overly extravagant but perfect for us! They have a very talented team and have no doubt they can make the most simple to most extravagant designs! Would highly recommend and will use again in the future!!!

Sent on 05/03/2018

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Congratulations your wedding Sohani! We are so pleased to hear that you and your husband loved the cake as well as your guests! If you have any pictures that you would like us to share we would love to see them! We look forward to celebrating future events with you! We will see you in one year for your free 6" anniversary cake. Best wishes.

Jenna · Married on 04/21/2018

Love Sugarbakers, they have the best cakes! It was a great experience from the start with the tasting. We ended up with the Raspberry Amaretto 3 tiered cake (my husband's favorite) and the Smith Island sheet cake (my favorite). Our guests kept commenting on how delicious they were! I am also excited to get the complementary 6 inch cake on our 1st anniversary! Highly recommend this place for wedding cakes!

Sent on 05/16/2018

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Hi Jenna, Congratulations on your wedding! We are delighted that you and your husband had a wonderful experience with us! We always love to hear that your guests enjoyed your cake as well. We look forward to seeing you in one year to celebrate your anniversary! Best wishes.

Amanda · Married on 04/14/2018

SugarBakers did not disappoint! The cake tasting was amazing and Khristina was great to work with. She helped us pick out 2 different flavors-raspberry amaretto and dulce de leche-for our cupcake cake. We had so many compliments saying how yummy and delicious our cupcakes were.

Sent on 04/23/2018

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Amanda we are so pleased to hear you and your guests enjoyed your cupcakes! We look forward to celebrating any future events with you. Best Wishes! SugarBakers Cakes

Amanda · Married on 04/07/2018

They're the best, period! I went to several cake tastings and left unhappy from all of them except this one! The tasting is done the right way so you don't leave feeling like "I don't even know what I tasted" or "I'm so full". We chose their peach melba for our actual cake and has the smith island cake to supplement. I wanted a "semi-naked" cake and was very picky of how much "naked" I actually wanted, I provided them a picture and they delivered exactly what I wanted. They also did a treat table for us, which we got to taste at our tasting, too! We ordered a ton of those for our guests to take home and literally within 45 minutes of the DJ making an announcement to go pick up some treats they were ALL gone. I unfortunately didn't even get to eat any of those. But I know they were wonderful, because we received so many compliments. I cannot wait for our first anniversary to get a cake topper from them...I only got a few bites of our cake but it was amazing. Best bakers in Baltimore!

Sent on 06/08/2018

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Hi Amanda, We are so pleased to hear that everyone loved your wedding cake and other treats! We strive to make sure that our brides and grooms feel comfortable from the moment they sit down for a tasting until their wedding day. We are so joyful that we could be a part of your special day and were able to make it even more special. We look forward to seeing you for your one year anniversary and celebrating that joyous occasion with you as well! Thank you for choosing SugarBakers for your most special day! Best wishes!

Noura · Married on 04/07/2018

Stacie was my go-to! She was professional, flexible, kind, and extremely understanding. They created the perfect cake for us! They accomdoated my request of adding the touch of my dress to the cake. And it was delicious!!! Everyone raved about the wedding cake. My sister-in-law who is a huge “cake person” took some home it was that good! Thank you all for adding that perfect touch to our wedding.

Sent on 06/16/2018
    SugarBakers Cakes 15

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Hi Noura, That is wonderful to hear all of your guests enjoyed your wedding cake! We aim to accommodate every request so we are overjoyed that you loved the touches of your wedding dress design incorporated into your cake. We look forward to seeing you again for your 1 year anniversary for your complimentary anniversary cake! Best wishes!

Sarah · Married on 03/25/2018

Our wedding cake from SugarBakers was so good! After we had our tasting there, we knew we'd need to order through them! We got 2 different flavors to suit the varied taste of the guests and everyone raved about the cakes! We were even told by a few people that it was the best wedding cake they'd ever had. The buttercream frostings they make are so fresh and deceptively light, not like a lot of the frosting you'd find at many other bakeries. The cakes are fluffy and fresh and are a pure delight. We also found that for the quality of cake, we werent going to find a better value in this area. They will work with you on getting the right frosting/cake combination and were such a pleasure to work with. I'm so thrilled they were our wedding bakery!

Marat · Married on 11/26/2017

THE CAKE was the final piece of the puzzle that we were waiting to see. It did not disappoint. Sugarbakers was really great. Our tasting was delicious and a really tough choice, you can't go wrong with any of the flavors. Khristina was great and helped with the size, decorations and flavors -cannoli cream and Amaretto Raspberry. SugarBakers was the right choice!

Katie · Married on 11/04/2017

Sugar bakers cakes are the best! They are so perfectly made and stunning. The flavors are out of this world and the cake is so moist. The raspberry amaretto is my favorite!

Carrie · Married on 10/28/2017

We had the most amazing experience working with sugar bakers cakes. We went in for our tasting a few months ago with Kristin which was both organized and enjoyable. We knew exactly what we wanted, but tasted all the cakes and frostings/fillings anyway, and they were able to include 2 different fillings that we liked. The cake came out absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing. It was a naked cake (very little frosting) but was not dry at all. The company was so easy to work with. They dropped the cake off to our venue early enough that our florist was able to add flowers. We got so many compliments on the look and taste of the cake. I would use them time and time again!

Sent on 10/30/2017

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Hi Carrie, Thank you so much for the awesome review! We are so pleased to hear everyone enjoyed the cake and you enjoyed your experience with us :) We look forward to seeing you on your 1st anniversary when you come to pick up your complementary anniversary cake. Best Wishes!

Caryn · Married on 09/30/2017

To put it simply: the cake was AMAZING. We had such a great experience working with Sugar Bakers, from the initial tasting to the final product on our wedding day. The cake was absolutely delicious and it was, down to a tee, exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 10/15/2017

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you Caryn! We love to hear that you all enjoyed the cake. Don't forget to give us a call about 2 weeks before your 1st anniversary so we can make you your complementary anniversary cake! Best Wishes

Suzanne · Married on 09/08/2017

As a two bride couple, we were hesitant to start planning our wedding because we didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable. We walked up to the door and saw a welcoming rainbow flag that put us at ease immediately. SugarBakers was the first and last tasting we scheduled. We met with Jamie and it was so clear she cared about cakes and about us as a couple! We couldn't have been more happy with the way the cake turned out. It was delivered onsite without issue. We had a brunch the next day where everyone raved about how delicious the cake was. We will be going to them for every special occasion and "just because" cake from here on out. And we can't wait to get our complimentary first anniversary cake fresh rather than having frozen the top tier of our cake. Thank you SugarBakers!
    Photo for reference: http://nicolebarrphotography.com/suz-ana-silver-swan-bayside-eastern-shore-maryland

Jhanelle · Married on 08/26/2017

Our wedding cake was PERFECT. The reviews speak for themselves, but really - everyone was raving about the softness of the icing and the not-too-sweet but delicious flavor. My only regret is not taking more of the cake home with us!!

Sent on 09/20/2017

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Jhanelle, Thank you so much for the great review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your cake! We will see you in a year for your complementary first anniversary cake. Best Wishes!
  • Nick

Nick · Married on 08/20/2017

We had Sugarbakers for our wedding and it was beautiful and delicious - I am actually enjoying a piece now as I write this! I highly recommend the raspberry amaretto cake. They were also professional and responsive to their emails and the free tasting was very nicely done.

Sent on 08/28/2017

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Nick, thank you so much for the kind words! We are always happy to hear that you enjoyed the full SugarBakers experience, we look forward to working with you again in the future. Best Wishes