852 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

Dessert Buffet (3)
Cookies (2)
Pastries (2)
852 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

We had so many compliments on our cake - the look and especially the taste! It was delivered on time, exactly as we ordered it. We loved that we were able to have a cake tasting and that we didn’t have to freeze any cake for our anniversary!!

Profile Picture Rudy, 8/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake went so fast, my husband I barely got any. We weren't sorry for that. Guests loved it very very much which counts the most. The cake tasting allowed us to choose flavors that complimented where we both grew up (NC ala lemon and NY ala cannoli). They even provided a mock up drawing of what the cake would look like (travel theme...we LOVE to travel). We won't be waiting a year to eat the top. We and the rest of the family will be eating right now. Thanks Sugarbaker's!!

Profile Picture Meredith, 7/21/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

Our cake was absolutely delicious! Sugar bakers were wonderful to work with!

Profile Picture Catherine, 5/26/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Dessert Buffet, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Love Love Love the cakes here. My hubby and I have ordered about 3 cakes from here since our tasting. The cake was beautiful and delivered fresh and on time. The guests ate most of the cake but our caterer managed to save the top layer for us which we ate in two days. Raspberry Amaretto is their signature flavor and it’s the best!

Profile Picture Jasmine, 5/20/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

The consultation was so beneficial. I learned the pros and cons for the image in my head to help me make a better decision (things like dark icing makes for pics of people with stained teeth - no thanks!) and in the end we used my original inspiration pic to get exactly what I wanted. The cake was gorgeous! And delicious - for the one bite I got before my new BiLs took me back to the dance floor! I can't wait until next year to actually be able to enjoy it again!

Photos
Profile Picture Tina, 5/12/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

SugarBakers was not only well within our budget, but the quality was EXCELLENT. Khrissy was so helpful and professional through the whole process. The tasting went really well and our wedding cake turned out phenomenal - exactly what we asked for. Leading up to the wedding, we actually ordered a few cakes from SugarBakers for different occasions and not once did they disappoint. This just reaffirmed our decision to go with them for our wedding cake which, like I said, turned out perfectly. They also offer a complimentary one-year anniversary tier so we didn't have to freeze any of our wedding cake.. Thank goodness because there was none left anyway! It was too good not to eat it all. THANK YOU SugarBakers for making our special day so SWEET! We will definitely be back for some more cakes.

Profile Picture Melody, 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

SugarBakers is the best and you shouldn't look anywhere else for your wedding cake! First off, the cake is AMAZING. The tasting was so hard because you can't go wrong with any of the options. My husband normally doesn't love sweet things but even he couldn't get enough of Sugarbakers cake. The design of our wedding cake turned our perfect and even better than we imagined. I didn't even have an image of what I wanted, just threw out some ideas and they made it come to life!

Profile Picture Genevieve, 4/28/18, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were SO happy with our cake from Sugar Bakers for our wedding day! All of the flavors we tried at our tasting were phenomenal, and our final cake was beyond amazing! Our guests are still talking about our cake :) We were very happy with our design, which was not overly extravagant but perfect for us! They have a very talented team and have no doubt they can make the most simple to most extravagant designs! Would highly recommend and will use again in the future!!!

Profile Picture Sohani, 4/27/18, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Love Sugarbakers, they have the best cakes! It was a great experience from the start with the tasting. We ended up with the Raspberry Amaretto 3 tiered cake (my husband's favorite) and the Smith Island sheet cake (my favorite). Our guests kept commenting on how delicious they were! I am also excited to get the complementary 6 inch cake on our 1st anniversary! Highly recommend this place for wedding cakes!

Profile Picture Jenna, 4/21/18, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers did not disappoint! The cake tasting was amazing and Khristina was great to work with. She helped us pick out 2 different flavors-raspberry amaretto and dulce de leche-for our cupcake cake. We had so many compliments saying how yummy and delicious our cupcakes were.

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/14/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

They're the best, period! I went to several cake tastings and left unhappy from all of them except this one! The tasting is done the right way so you don't leave feeling like "I don't even know what I tasted" or "I'm so full". We chose their peach melba for our actual cake and has the smith island cake to supplement. I wanted a "semi-naked" cake and was very picky of how much "naked" I actually wanted, I provided them a picture and they delivered exactly what I wanted. They also did a treat table for us, which we got to taste at our tasting, too! We ordered a ton of those for our guests to take home and literally within 45 minutes of the DJ making an announcement to go pick up some treats they were ALL gone. I unfortunately didn't even get to eat any of those. But I know they were wonderful, because we received so many compliments. I cannot wait for our first anniversary to get a cake topper from them...I only got a few bites of our cake but it was amazing. Best bakers in Baltimore!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/7/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Cookies, Dessert Buffet

Stacie was my go-to! She was professional, flexible, kind, and extremely understanding. They created the perfect cake for us! They accomdoated my request of adding the touch of my dress to the cake. And it was delicious!!! Everyone raved about the wedding cake. My sister-in-law who is a huge “cake person” took some home it was that good! Thank you all for adding that perfect touch to our wedding.

Profile Picture Noura, 4/7/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake from SugarBakers was so good! After we had our tasting there, we knew we'd need to order through them! We got 2 different flavors to suit the varied taste of the guests and everyone raved about the cakes! We were even told by a few people that it was the best wedding cake they'd ever had. The buttercream frostings they make are so fresh and deceptively light, not like a lot of the frosting you'd find at many other bakeries. The cakes are fluffy and fresh and are a pure delight. We also found that for the quality of cake, we werent going to find a better value in this area. They will work with you on getting the right frosting/cake combination and were such a pleasure to work with. I'm so thrilled they were our wedding bakery!

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/25/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

THE CAKE was the final piece of the puzzle that we were waiting to see. It did not disappoint. Sugarbakers was really great. Our tasting was delicious and a really tough choice, you can't go wrong with any of the flavors. Khristina was great and helped with the size, decorations and flavors -cannoli cream and Amaretto Raspberry. SugarBakers was the right choice!

Profile Picture Marat, 11/26/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugar bakers cakes are the best! They are so perfectly made and stunning. The flavors are out of this world and the cake is so moist. The raspberry amaretto is my favorite!

Profile Picture User7482734, Recently Married, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Our wedding cake was PERFECT. The reviews speak for themselves, but really - everyone was raving about the softness of the icing and the not-too-sweet but delicious flavor. My only regret is not taking more of the cake home with us!!

Profile Picture Jhanelle, 8/26/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We had the most amazing experience working with sugar bakers cakes. We went in for our tasting a few months ago with Kristin which was both organized and enjoyable. We knew exactly what we wanted, but tasted all the cakes and frostings/fillings anyway, and they were able to include 2 different fillings that we liked. The cake came out absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing. It was a naked cake (very little frosting) but was not dry at all. The company was so easy to work with. They dropped the cake off to our venue early enough that our florist was able to add flowers. We got so many compliments on the look and taste of the cake. I would use them time and time again!

Profile Picture Carrie, 10/28/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

To put it simply: the cake was AMAZING. We had such a great experience working with Sugar Bakers, from the initial tasting to the final product on our wedding day. The cake was absolutely delicious and it was, down to a tee, exactly what we wanted.

Profile Picture Caryn, 9/30/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

As a two bride couple, we were hesitant to start planning our wedding because we didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable. We walked up to the door and saw a welcoming rainbow flag that put us at ease immediately. SugarBakers was the first and last tasting we scheduled. We met with Jamie and it was so clear she cared about cakes and about us as a couple! We couldn't have been more happy with the way the cake turned out. It was delivered onsite without issue. We had a brunch the next day where everyone raved about how delicious the cake was. We will be going to them for every special occasion and "just because" cake from here on out. And we can't wait to get our complimentary first anniversary cake fresh rather than having frozen the top tier of our cake. Thank you SugarBakers!
Photo for reference: http://nicolebarrphotography.com/suz-ana-silver-swan-bayside-eastern-shore-maryland

Profile Picture Suzanne, 9/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

We had Sugarbakers for our wedding and it was beautiful and delicious - I am actually enjoying a piece now as I write this! I highly recommend the raspberry amaretto cake. They were also professional and responsive to their emails and the free tasting was very nicely done.

Profile Picture Nick, 8/20/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

The bride and groom selected the lemon mousse cake with lemon curd for our son's July 30th wedding. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Our guests raved (and raved!) We have tried their other cakes (almond raspberry and chocolate decadence) and loved them- but the lemon mousse - off the charts!

The bride adores chocolate - but loved this cake and its buttercream frosting best of all. Service was great and the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The presentation was so pretty. Goooo SugarBakers. Best cakes in Maryland!

Profile Picture Janna, 7/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I am not even a "cake person", and I was blown away by Sugarbakers! The quality and price are unbeatable. At our cake tasting, we were able to try 12+ flavors and three different kinds of buttercream. Ultimately, we settled on a four-tiered cake with cannoli, raspberry amaretto, lemon, and fudgey red velvet. I gave them a picture for reference and it turned out just as I imagined! Thank you, Sugarbakers!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

At our tasting, our salesperson brought out a beautiful plate of 11 flavors and dollops of the 3 types of frosting. Each was better than the last. Of the flavors, 4 stood out to me as especially delicious: Peach Melba (the best!), Chocolate Mousse Toffee, Amaretto Raspberry, and Red Velvet. I also thought Lemon Mousse and Strawberry Breeze were quite good. My partner also liked Toasted Coconut Cream and Cannoli d’Ville flavors; I found them a bit too subtle.

For our 100-person wedding, we chose a simple cake of three round tiers, with the bottom tier Peach Melba and the upper tiers Red Velvet, all with French buttercream (rich and silky, and much less sweet than American buttercream, which they also offer if that’s your preference). (We loved those two flavors and their retro-ness fit well with our theme to boot.) Because ANY frosting decoration immediately escalates the price a lot, our salesperson recommended we get it plainly frosted, and then provide ribbon they would put around the base of each layer at no extra charge, and that we provide a cake topper. We did this and it was cute, if a bit plain.

Their website offers so many beautiful designs, including incredible stuff with fondant, but of course, fondant doesn’t taste great (guests can peel it away from the buttercream underneath on their serving, if desired) and at least doubles the price per serving. It’s too bad because I was enamored of the Pickle Barrel cake on their site and so wanted it for my country fair themed wedding. But ours was cute with the ribbon, flag bunting topper from Etsy, and a few paper pinwheels added by our decorator.

The cake was delicious and we got many compliments on it. We had some to take home and enjoyed it on our own and with friends for several days after. SugarBakers was easy to work with from tasting through delivery, including a few emails and phone calls. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Jill, 6/17/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Everyone cannot stop raving about how much they loved our wedding cake!! Although I didn't get the chance to eat too much of it :) the guests definitely enjoyed every bite. Thank you!! I can't wait to eat my anniversary cake :)

Profile Picture Krystle, 6/12/17, 9 Reviews