SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

SugarBakers Cakes 3
SugarBakers Cakes 4
SugarBakers Cakes 5

Greg Pawelczyk · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Beautfile Cake and Delicious!!

Sugarbakers was very easy going and executed the cake perfectly. It was exactly what we planned for and the cake was delicious. Red Velvet on the top tier and Peach Melba on the bottom. It was great! Will post a pic of the cake when I can. They were also very easy to deal with and communicative.

Sent on 04/30/2019

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

We are so happy to hear that you loved your cake! We look forward to celebrating your first anniversary with you with your complimentary cake! Best wishes!

Jamie · Married on 11/02/2019

Stop your search and hire SugarBakers!

Beautiful and DELICIOUS cake! And I'm not even usually a cake person. We had a great meeting during which I could tell they really care about making you happy. When we were trying out different flavors, I put a star next to my favorite ones to come back to and realized it was half of the page :D. Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/12/2019

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Congratulations on your wedding! We are delighted that you and your husband had a wonderful experience with us! We always love to hear that your guests enjoyed your cake as well. We look forward to seeing you in one year to celebrate your anniversary! Best wishes.
  • Veronica

Veronica · Married on 10/19/2019

Perfect and Delicious!!!!!!

Not only do I love their cakes as is, but they my wedding cake was one the guests are still talking about. Each layer was a different flavor and was delivered to southern Maryland without a single flaw! The tasting appointment was amazing, and the consultant answered all of our questions. They were ready to see my vision for the cake and run with it. I gave them a picture of what I wanted, and it was exactly down to the detail what we wanted and expected. Usually at weddings guests have one piece of cake, my guest went back up for seconds and thirds which was great! Thank you again for an incredible experience, professionalism and most of all cake delivery the day of the ceremony ON TIME! Highly Recommend!

SugarBakers Cakes 6
    Sent on 10/29/2019

Hello Veronica!

• Anne

Anne · Married on 10/19/2019

YUM! Delicious cake and SO many flavors to choose from!

Sugarbakers was amazing! I was especially happy with how accomodating they were to my gluten allergy. Even in the tasting - they gave my husband normal cake and gave me gluten free samples to try! The cake was amazing and they made really great suggestions that helped our dessert table look great - we ended up doing a smaller cake and more side desserts - mouse cups and cannolis, etc. Delivered on time and no issues. Thank you!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Meg · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Cake!

SugarBakers was wonderful to work with! The cake was exactly what we asked for in design and incredibly delicious! I will always recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing Wedding Cake.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Noel · Married on 10/05/2019

Gorgeous cake

This cake wasn't just beautiful but actually delicious. I was so happy I had cake left that I could eat it the next day!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Andrea · Married on 10/05/2019

Delicious Cake!

We got our cake through a partnership with having our wedding at the Pier 5 Hotel. Our cake was delicious and beautiful! We had Smith Island, Red Velvet Fudge and Cannoli flavors on our 3-tiered wedding cake it was amazingly delicious. Thank you!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Emily

Emily Ison · Married on 10/05/2019

Delicious Cake!

BEST CAKE IN THE MARYLAND AREA.

I’m not a big cake person. I was dipping my toes into the idea of something non-traditional in place of the wedding cake, until my mom had me try them. The German Buttercream is to die for.

Reasonable pricing, lovely staff, on-time delivery, delicious!

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely loved my cake !

Absolutely loved working with Sugar Bakers for my wedding cake. It turned out so beautifully, and the Raspberry Amaretto was to die for. I saved some $$ and got a smaller 3 tiered cake and an additional sheet cake of a second flavor, Smith Island Cake's Peanut Butter Fudge Cups Cake. I work in the wedding industry, and never considered another baker for my wedding cake. They were so easy to work with and exceeded my expectations! You will not regret getting your cake from them!!

SugarBakers Cakes 7
    SugarBakers Cakes 8
    SugarBakers Cakes 9
    Sent on 10/29/2019

Brittany · Married on 09/27/2019

Amazing Cake!

Our wedding cake looked absolutely beautiful and tasted just as good! Everyone mentioned our delicious our cake was! Normally you have a lot left over, but we did not! People went back for seconds and thirds! So happy we picked SugarBakers!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Hello Brittany!
    Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for allowing us to be a part of your special day! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed the cake inside and out. We look forward to celebrating many more special occasions with you.

Best,

SugarBakers Team

Sent on 05/28/2019 Validated
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 09/07/2019

The best!

Sugar Bakers made our wedding cake and grooms cake for our wedding on 9/7/19 in Harford County. I am so pleased with them and we had no cake left over because people went for seconds and thirds!! I thought we would have to spend an arm and a leg, but Sugar Bakers is so resonably priced! They told us not to freeze our top tier because they will provide us with a top tier at our 1 year anniversary for free! All cake toppers were from Etsy, but I told Sugar Bakers my vision and my husbands and they did not disappoint! Everyone at the shop was extremely helpful and the cake tasting was wonderful! The cakes were delivered perfectly and I only had to put the topper on. I cannot recommend them enough!!! (photos are from an iphone, sorry! Still waiting for the final set of wedding photos!)

SugarBakers Cakes 10
    SugarBakers Cakes 11
    SugarBakers Cakes 12
    Sent on 09/20/2019

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Katelyn! It was a pleasure creating such beautiful cakes. Please remember to call us for your complimentary anniversary tier. We wish you much happiness in your marriage.

Best,

Khristina Newton
    Bridal Sales Mananger

Ashley Makulowich · Married on 08/30/2019

Delicious cake

Delicious and beautiful cake! The amaretto raspberry flavor is amazing! The cake tasting is very fun too!

SugarBakers Cakes 13
    Sent on 10/06/2019

Laura · Married on 05/25/2019

Gorgeous and delicious cake!

SugarBakers did a fantastic job with our cake for 200 people. The icing detail was simple yet elegant, which is exactly what I wanted, and the cake was light and packed with flavor! We went with the cannoli cream cake (my fiance's choice) juxtaposed with the toasted coconut rum cake (my favorite). The tasting was one of our favorite parts of the planning process, so we're extra excited to visit the bakery again on our one year anniversary to relive the wedding cake goodness!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Hello Laura,

• Jared

Jared Weissman · Married on 02/11/2019

Delicious cake

I thought we would have a lot of cake left over because we had over 20% of our guests not be able to attend, but there was hardly ANY left and I'm sure it was because the cake was so good!! From our tasting at the bakery to pre-wedding confirmations, to on time delivery, Sugar Bakers was a great choice for our wedding cake!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Hello Jared!
    Congratulations on your wedding! We are delighted that you and your wife had a wonderful experience with us! We always love to hear that your guests enjoyed your cake as well. We look forward to seeing you in one year to celebrate your anniversary!

Best wishes!

J.carter · Married on 02/10/2019

Nothing short of wonderful!!

The process from start to finish was the best! During our scheduled tasting we were informed of all things cake related. Ww has a budget and they made sure we stuck to it! The staff was very personable and the cake was delicious!! Another thing we loved is on our 1 year anniversary, we can come back and get a fresh top layer from our wedding cake!! I would definitely give patronize this establishment again!!!

Sent on 02/23/2019

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We love to hear that you enjoyed the cake inside and out. We look forward to celebrating many more events with you.
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 01/19/2019

Delicious cake... even 2 weeks later!

SugarBakers was contracted to do our cake via our caterer, Rouge. We decided on red velvet for our 4th and top tier (to save), a tier of the cannoli flavor and a tier of the smith island flavor. Everyone raved about all the flavors and the moistness, high quality of the cake. The cake was so beautiful that we didn’t need a topper, flowers, or any other adornments and we ended up not using any!
    Unfortunately I (the bride) was very ill on wedding day and didn’t get to eat much cake. But even going on 2 weeks thereafter I am loving the leftovers! The cake is still quality and tastes great!

Sent on 02/03/2019

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Kendall you are so sweet, thank you! Wishing you the very best. We hope to celebrate many more events with you.
  • FutureMrsMoore

FutureMrsMoore · Married on 12/08/2018

A Cake To Remember

We chose the lemon mousse flavor and our wedding cake was delicious!!!

Sent on 12/20/2018

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

We are so happy to hear you loved your wedding cake! We look forward to seeing you in one year for your complimentary anniversary cake! Best wishes.

Mel · Married on 12/07/2018

Exceptional Service & Exquisite, Delicious Cake

SugarBakers is an amazing bakery with exceptional service, and the cake they delivered exceeded our expectations! We went to a few bakeries to find the perfect wedding cake, and SugarBakers stood out from the others by far. Amy was fantastic at our tasting, explaining the various flavors and frosting combinations, showing us photos of previous cakes, and carefully detailing all our design specifications. There wasn't any pressure to commit to buying our cake at the consultation, and Amy even sent a lovely handwritten note as a follow up. On our wedding day we were blown away by how beautiful our cake turned out (all white with a quilted pattern and pastillage flowers around the middle tier), and we were thrilled to be able to serve the delicious cake to all our guests.

Sent on 02/14/2019

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you Melanie! We really appreciate the amazing review and the hand written note and picture you sent us. We look forward to celebrating your first anniversary with your complementary anniversary cake.
    Best Wishes,
    SugarBakers Cakes
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 12/01/2018

Beautiful custom wedding cake

We worked with Kristen to design our wedding cake. We were able to pick out every detail and customize each layer of our cake. It turned out beautiful. Highly recommend.

SugarBakers Cakes 14
    SugarBakers Cakes 15
    Sent on 12/22/2018

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Hi Kristen! We are so happy to hear you loved your wedding cake and had a wonderful experience with us! Our main goal is to make sure our couples feel comfortable with every detail of their wedding cake from start to finish. You and your new husband looked wonderful on your wedding day, as did your cake!. We look forward to seeing you in one year for your complimentary anniversary cake. Best wishes.

Erin · Married on 11/10/2018

Great Variety

I am not a cake fan so was looking for a bakery that did a variety of things. This bakery was recommended to me and we went and grabbed a small selection to try out. Everything was sooo yummy. The cupcakes, the pie, macaroons, cookies, brownies, cream puff, all of it was soooo good. Most especially the cheese cake. Absolutely delicious. They were so easy to work with. Delivered. and So deliciously. Everything I wanted for a great price. Highly recommend for those looking for cupcakes or a dessert bar.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Hi Erin,

That is wonderful to hear you got to enjoy not only our cake but our other desserts as well! We love to hear that our couples experience with us is so enjoyable from start to finish. We hope to see you soon but don't forget to visit us in one year for your complimentary anniversary cake! Best wishes.
  • Sonya

Sonya Dean · Married on 11/03/2018

Excellent service

I used Sugar Baker's recently for my wedding. My husband and I were very pleased with their service and professionalism. When we couldn't decide on cake flavors we were able to customize our cake to the way we wanted. Also our cake was not a cake that they had in their picture book so we explained our vision and they made it happen. We received so many compliments from our guest about how delicious the cake was. Some guest admitted to having more than 1 piece. Excellent value and great taste!

SugarBakers Cakes 16
    SugarBakers Cakes 17
    Sent on 06/18/2019

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you Sonya, we truly appreciate the awesome review! We love creating unique and personalized wedding cakes for our couples. We look forward to celebrating many more special occasions with you and your family.
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing cake

This cake was beautiful and it tasted amazing their follow up was excellent. They even called a week before to make sure everything was delivered timely and nothing had changed. Will use again for any event!!

Sent on 05/07/2019

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you Michelle for the amazing review! We look forward to celebrating many more events with you and your family!
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 10/13/2018

10-13-18 Wedding

The cake was beautiful and delicious! So many people commented on how surprised they were because normally, wedding cake doesn’t taste that great!! We got the raspberry amaretto, lemon and raspberry and red velvet. Definitely recommend Sugar Bakers! We can’t wait to get more cake soon!!

SugarBakers Cakes 18
    Sent on 10/22/2018

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Hi Suzanne! It is wonderful to hear you and your guests thought the cake was delicious! That is our main goal when starting each and every creation. Your cake looked beautiful! We look forward to seeing you in one year for your complimentary anniversary cake. Best wishes.
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/12/2018

Cake on Cake

We loved working with SugarBakers for our wedding cake. We were able to get 4 different flavors without additional costs. The only thing that may have gotten mixed up was the arrival time of the cake the day of but it was there right when I went down the aisle so no harm. Working with them was easy and a charm. My husband and I can't wait to order our anniversary cake next year.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Hi Allison,

We are so happy to hear you had a great experience with us and loved your cake! I apologize for any mishap with delivery times but that is wonderful to hear it was there and perfect for all of your guests to see and enjoy. We look forward to seeing you for your one year anniversary!

Paige · Married on 09/29/2018

I honestly wish I could give them even more stars! Sugar Bakers not only made a delicious cake that everyone loved but they took my vision and made it better than I could have ever imagined! Working with them is a breeze from the cake tasting on they truly listened to everything we wanted and delivered in a major way! Thank you to the entire team for making our day with this cake!! It was perfect.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Hi Paige,
    We are overjoyed to hear you not only loved your cake but your entire experience with us! We are so happy we were able to make this a relaxing and enjoyable time with us. We wish you all the best! We hope to see you soon but we look forward to seeing you in one year for your complimentary anniversary cake! Best wishes.