836 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

Pastries (2)
Cookies (1)
Dessert Buffet (1)
836 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

THE CAKE was the final piece of the puzzle that we were waiting to see. It did not disappoint. Sugarbakers was really great. Our tasting was delicious and a really tough choice, you can't go wrong with any of the flavors. Khristina was great and helped with the size, decorations and flavors -cannoli cream and Amaretto Raspberry. SugarBakers was the right choice!

Profile Picture Marat, 11/26/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugar bakers cakes are the best! They are so perfectly made and stunning. The flavors are out of this world and the cake is so moist. The raspberry amaretto is my favorite!

Profile Picture User7482734, Recently Married, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Our wedding cake was PERFECT. The reviews speak for themselves, but really - everyone was raving about the softness of the icing and the not-too-sweet but delicious flavor. My only regret is not taking more of the cake home with us!!

Profile Picture Jhanelle, 8/26/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We had the most amazing experience working with sugar bakers cakes. We went in for our tasting a few months ago with Kristin which was both organized and enjoyable. We knew exactly what we wanted, but tasted all the cakes and frostings/fillings anyway, and they were able to include 2 different fillings that we liked. The cake came out absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing. It was a naked cake (very little frosting) but was not dry at all. The company was so easy to work with. They dropped the cake off to our venue early enough that our florist was able to add flowers. We got so many compliments on the look and taste of the cake. I would use them time and time again!

Profile Picture Carrie, 10/28/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

As a two bride couple, we were hesitant to start planning our wedding because we didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable. We walked up to the door and saw a welcoming rainbow flag that put us at ease immediately. SugarBakers was the first and last tasting we scheduled. We met with Jamie and it was so clear she cared about cakes and about us as a couple! We couldn't have been more happy with the way the cake turned out. It was delivered onsite without issue. We had a brunch the next day where everyone raved about how delicious the cake was. We will be going to them for every special occasion and "just because" cake from here on out. And we can't wait to get our complimentary first anniversary cake fresh rather than having frozen the top tier of our cake. Thank you SugarBakers!
Photo for reference: http://nicolebarrphotography.com/suz-ana-silver-swan-bayside-eastern-shore-maryland

Profile Picture Suzanne, 9/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

We had Sugarbakers for our wedding and it was beautiful and delicious - I am actually enjoying a piece now as I write this! I highly recommend the raspberry amaretto cake. They were also professional and responsive to their emails and the free tasting was very nicely done.

Profile Picture Nick, 8/20/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

The bride and groom selected the lemon mousse cake with lemon curd for our son's July 30th wedding. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Our guests raved (and raved!) We have tried their other cakes (almond raspberry and chocolate decadence) and loved them- but the lemon mousse - off the charts!

The bride adores chocolate - but loved this cake and its buttercream frosting best of all. Service was great and the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The presentation was so pretty. Goooo SugarBakers. Best cakes in Maryland!

Profile Picture Janna, 7/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I am not even a "cake person", and I was blown away by Sugarbakers! The quality and price are unbeatable. At our cake tasting, we were able to try 12+ flavors and three different kinds of buttercream. Ultimately, we settled on a four-tiered cake with cannoli, raspberry amaretto, lemon, and fudgey red velvet. I gave them a picture for reference and it turned out just as I imagined! Thank you, Sugarbakers!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

At our tasting, our salesperson brought out a beautiful plate of 11 flavors and dollops of the 3 types of frosting. Each was better than the last. Of the flavors, 4 stood out to me as especially delicious: Peach Melba (the best!), Chocolate Mousse Toffee, Amaretto Raspberry, and Red Velvet. I also thought Lemon Mousse and Strawberry Breeze were quite good. My partner also liked Toasted Coconut Cream and Cannoli d’Ville flavors; I found them a bit too subtle.

For our 100-person wedding, we chose a simple cake of three round tiers, with the bottom tier Peach Melba and the upper tiers Red Velvet, all with French buttercream (rich and silky, and much less sweet than American buttercream, which they also offer if that’s your preference). (We loved those two flavors and their retro-ness fit well with our theme to boot.) Because ANY frosting decoration immediately escalates the price a lot, our salesperson recommended we get it plainly frosted, and then provide ribbon they would put around the base of each layer at no extra charge, and that we provide a cake topper. We did this and it was cute, if a bit plain.

Their website offers so many beautiful designs, including incredible stuff with fondant, but of course, fondant doesn’t taste great (guests can peel it away from the buttercream underneath on their serving, if desired) and at least doubles the price per serving. It’s too bad because I was enamored of the Pickle Barrel cake on their site and so wanted it for my country fair themed wedding. But ours was cute with the ribbon, flag bunting topper from Etsy, and a few paper pinwheels added by our decorator.

The cake was delicious and we got many compliments on it. We had some to take home and enjoyed it on our own and with friends for several days after. SugarBakers was easy to work with from tasting through delivery, including a few emails and phone calls. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Jill, 6/17/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Everyone cannot stop raving about how much they loved our wedding cake!! Although I didn't get the chance to eat too much of it :) the guests definitely enjoyed every bite. Thank you!! I can't wait to eat my anniversary cake :)

Profile Picture Krystle, 6/12/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

SugarBakers is the best in Baltimore, no question. Not only are their cakes delicious, but they are wonderful to work with and the cakes are so incredibly beautiful. I had so much fun at our tasting, and they really listened to what we wanted -- they even printed out a picture of what I wanted (from Pinterest) right there while we were at our appointment, and then made notes on it to personalize it. I was impressed by the entire experience.

Profile Picture Helen, 6/3/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Our cake was AWESOME! The staff worked with us to create a beautiful, Gothic design. When it was delivered it was even better than we imagined and the cake was simply delicious. We loved our cake so much that we now stop by regularly to buy cupcakes.

Profile Picture Joy, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ok, so first of all -- when you call to make an appointment with SugarBakers, you get this incredible cake tasting arranged in which you and your fiance can invite up to two other friends! The tasting and design meeting was so fun! It was very informative to learn about different flavor combinations and types of buttercream. They have a bunch of pictures for inspiration, as well as model cakes on display in the shop itself! Would recommend going to your design meeting with paint swatches if you have a certain color in mind. I chose a ombre pink buttercream cake, and they totally nailed the color gradient with the paint swatches I provided. The cake was so delicious! (Did I mention you can be signed up for their anniversary cake program... you get a cake for your 1 year anniversary too!) Our guests took so many pictures of our cake -- we could not have been more pleased. The flavors were incredible (c'mon... cannoli cream and dulce de leche = total winner). Whether you're ordering a cake for a wedding, or just any excuse to eat cake -- please please go to SugarBakers. Such a treat! Everyone at their shop is incredibly kind.

Profile Picture Lin, 5/28/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious, beautiful cake and wonderful people to work with. It just so happens that my brother used them for his wedding 9 years ago and I used them for my wedding 3 days ago! They were incredible every time! Seriously unbeatable!

Profile Picture Susanna, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We had a sugarbakers cake at our wedding in May. They delivered to the hotel Delta Marriott in Hunt Valley. They were professional and kind. I kid you not, this was the best cake I've ever had in my entire life!
Cannot wait to go back for more!

Profile Picture Blake, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious! The tasting was wonderful, as we were able to sample 3 different buttercreams and 10+ large samples of cake! The cake is moist and delicious. We ordered a two-tiered cake and additional half sheet of the Smith Island Cake with German Buttercream. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and the guests raved about the cake. A huge hit all around!

Profile Picture Katrina, 4/22/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Thank you for everything the cake and cupcakes came out amazing for our wedding yesterday. I would definitely go back next time I have an event!

Profile Picture Domonique , 3/26/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugar Bakers was the "sweetest" part of our wedding! We went for a tasting, which was relaxing, fun, and delicious. Kristy helped us and answered all of our questions. She showed us so many beautiful, elegant designs and we were able to choose the one that was right for us.

My husband and I were not ready to make a decision, but we were not pressured at all. Kristy followed up with us twice before we decided to book. She also offered a discount, as the hotel with which we booked had recently signed an agreement of which we could not take advantage (due to being implemented after we signed our contract).

We loved that delivery was included. The cake itself was phenomenal: fresh, flavorful, moist, and beautiful.

Bottom Line: Sugar Bakers is very professional and flexible. The cake was perfect for our wedding day. We love that a free top layer is included with our purchase for our first wedding anniversary.

Profile Picture Janna, 3/11/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

This place is wonderful! They do some great work, which you can choose from. I found a cake on Pinterest I loved (with a bit of tweaking) that they were able to copy perfectly. Plus it was delicious!

Profile Picture Emily, 3/4/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

I ordered a pretty detailed groom's cake from Sugarbakers Cakes and it turned out perfectly - as beautiful and as tasty as I could've ever hoped for. Everyone was wow-ed with the quality of work, attention to detail, and the delicious flavors (we went with the canoli cake). HIGHLY recommended!!

Profile Picture Laura, 3/4/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Hands down this is the only place for a wedding cake in the Baltimore area. We have been getting our special occasion cakes from this bakery for years.
From the sit down, to the ordering, to the execution and even wonderful thank you note from Sugarbakers you can't go wrong! My only advice would be that if you decide to get two flavors of cake, then assume people will have two pieces so double your order! Our 200 ppl cake was gone in a flash!

Profile Picture User6957384, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Beautiful cake - even better than I imagined. It exceeded expectations. We received so many wonderful comments from our guests and beautiful photos of the cake. Our sales rep was great from the day of the tasting. The cake tasted good too - a plus!! Sometimes it looks great but tastes terrible or vice versa - we got both :)

Profile Picture Jodi, 1/8/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was one of the best parts of the day! It turned out gorgeous and delicious! I met with Sugar Bakers to discuss options and I really had no idea what direction to go in. They offered suggestions on design, taste, colors, etc that fit my vision for the day. It turned out perfect. The tasting was fabulous and they explained everything. I feel like they had options for everybody and all tastes. They explained about buttercream and fondant and the advantages/disadvantages to both. They worked with my color scheme and everything matched perfectly. The sugar flowers were gorgeous also. I dropped off my cake topper a week before. It was way bigger than I imagined when I ordered it but Sugar Bakers made it work and it looked perfect. All m yguests commented on how delicious every layer was-from the red velvet to the caramel. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture holly, 11/13/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Without a doubt the best wedding cake I've had. All my friends were jealous. SugarBakers worked with us long distance and was always prompt in returning phone calls and emails. They didn't try to pressure us into buying anything we didn't need, and even recommended ways to save money. I can't wait to get our anniversary cake!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/29/16, 5 Reviews