Sugar Reviews

48 | Mystic, CT

48 Reviews for Sugar

1 User photo

Alissa · Married on 05/14/2016

BOOK! Amazing... made my wedding perfect. Everyone was on the dance floor- my friends, my parents' friends, everyone. Guests have still been talking about the band, weeks later, saying that it is the best band they have ever heard at a wedding. Compliments all around. They were also very reliable and accommodating, when we needed them to learn our wedding song that they did not already know. And another special song for my parents (for the Mezinka, a Jewish tradition)... just gave them the sheet music and they performed it perfectly. Sugar is Amazing!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Thomas · Married on 09/19/2015

One word: WOW. They made the wedding. Totally beyond anything I was expecting. It's true you get what you pay for, and if you want a memorable, and more importantly FUN wedding for a bunch of people that love to dance, I don't think you can go wrong with Sugar. They are better than many of the bands I looked at from NYC and Boston, and you won't regret hiring them! I could keep going, and going, and going (like our guests on the dance floor....) but I'm going to just tell you to STOP LOOKING because you've found the band for your wedding!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Sugar is absolutely amazing!! When we first got engaged, we saw a few Sugar band members play at Red 36 in Mystic. We immediately fell in love and knew we wanted them to play at our wedding. And in our search for wedding venues and dates, we were only interested in dates that we knew Sugar was available to play. We also saw the whole band at Esker Point this past summer and they were great then too. We decided on a Thursday wedding, which is a bit odd but it was a small wedding and Sugar was amazing!! Our guests raved all night, and still rave months later. They learned our first dance song and played all our requests. I don't even think they took a break all night! They made our small wedding feel bigger because everyone was dancing. Absolutely fantastic and talented group of people. Everyone was so sweet (and they are all stunning too by the way). By far, Sugar was one of the best parts of our wedding and we can't wait to see them again!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Nicki · Married on 08/22/2015

Sugar is THE best band in the area. They have amazing energy, song list, voices, instrumentals etc etc etc

They also play music in the background during cocktails and were the MC for our reception. They worked seamlessly with our vendors and made sure the flow of the evening was smooth.

Their song list is robust - they have songs from all genres and for all ages. Their voices are incredibly powerful. I did not get enough time on the dance floor!

Marcy was easy to work with and coordinate all the details with. They are flexible and even learned songs for us!

I highly recommend Sugar for your wedding - they change the vibe and energy of the night :)

Sent on 09/24/2015

Jessica · Married on 01/03/2015

Sugar is an AMAZING wedding band. The singers are all out of this world and they play great music. My dance floor was packed at my wedding. They are also really easy to work with, responding to emails quickly and accommodating any special requests. Also, this may seem silly, but my parents were concerned about how loud the room would be, and they were the perfect volume. People on the dance floor were having a blast, while people at the bar could carry a conversation without yelling.

Sent on 01/05/2015

Samantha · Married on 10/04/2014

Sugar is AWESOME. We had seen them many times at the Spring House where they play in the summer and knew that they would be the perfect band to help us celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary with friends and family. They are not cheap, but worth every penny. Marci was great to work with, managing the band and the lead singer. You need to reserve early as these guys are popular. They will work with you to customize your song list and be flexible to whatever your favorite songs are/needs are. I can't recommend them enough. Everyone is still talking about the party and the amazing band.

If you are planning to have a party on Block Island, I would highly recommend renting a house for the band as it is a lot cheaper than getting 9 hotel rooms.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Robin · Married on 09/20/2014

Our wedding guests are still talking about how amazing SUGAR was at our wedding in September! They were so helpful through the entire planning process, and answered of all of my questions and gave great advice with the timing, setup, specific songs etc. At our reception, SUGAR created the most fun atmosphere, where guests of all ages (and dancing abilities!) felt comfortable and excited to dance. They started out with an instrumental jazz ensemble for our cocktail hour, creating an elegant and relaxing mood, and came out with a bang after dinner for dancing! SUGAR kept everyone on the dance floor until the very end of the night, and our guests enjoyed every minute of it! The members of SUGAR are all so amazingly talented, and we are in awe of their individual performances, and the band as a whole. We can't thank them enough for helping to make our wedding so incredibly special, and we look forward to attending one their local shows very soon!

Sent on 11/26/2014

Amy · Married on 08/31/2014

MY husband and I had seen Sugar on a number of occasions while we were dating and just engaged. We always had a great night out when they were playing. We were hopeful our guests would love them but Sugar truly blew EVERYONE away with a great night of music and dancing. Marcy and team were so patience and accommodating during our wedding planning. We bounced song after song off them and they were open to all ideas. They actually learned our first dance song just for us making the night even more special. We had the acoustic trio perform at cocktails followed by the full band at the reception. Marcy did a great job MC'ing and rolled with an ever-changing itinerary. Even almost 6 months later people compliment us on having the best wedding band they'd ever seen. We simply cannot recommend this crew enough, professional, entertaining, modern (is it wrong to say gorgeous too?!) Sugar is the whole package!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Gail · Married on 08/28/2014

Besides being a talented band, they were willing to work with some challenges to provide music on the beach. (E.g., there was no direct road to the site; there was inadequate power and we therefore required a generator which they arranged).
    They played the genre of music we requested as their playlist is very extensive.
    They are an excellent band and they were very easy to work with.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Kevin · Married on 09/13/2013

MOST AMAZING BAND EVER!!! Absolutely recommend to anyone for ANY EVENT!! especially your wedding!!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Andrea · Married on 08/17/2013

Sugar made our summer gala complete. Our guests rocked all night long! The great mix of music, energy from the band and awesome talent made for the perfect summer evening event. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We'll see you next year for sure.

Sent on 01/04/2014

Penny · Married on 06/29/2013

Sugar is by far the BEST band you could ever have at any event. They played at my daughter's wedding and were amazing. Everyone loved them and danced the entire night. They are professional, extremely talented and very personable. They never forget their fans and truly care about making your event the best they can. I would highly recommended them!!!!!

Sent on 08/11/2013

Wow, SUCH an amazing band! Professional, polished, friendly, versitile and an energy that kept the dance floor full all night! We feel so lucky to have had Sugar as the sound track to our special day.
    Robert and Kelly
    Boston Ma.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Jen · Married on 06/22/2013

The choice in music was the most important part to our wedding. We knew that we wanted a band and after seeing SUGAR, we knew that they would deliver everything that we were looking for. They cover all eras of music which had everyone, including our 80 year old grandparents, out on the dance floor. From the moment that they started playing until the last note of the night, all guests were on the dance floor. Even a year after our wedding, our guests still talk about how wonderful the band was.

Marcy and Izzy were very easy to work with through the whole planning process and helped us every step of the way with our song selection. They were very professional in all aspects, from the planning to the night of our wedding.

SUGAR made our wedding the best night of our lives! We strongly recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing band for their wedding. Thank you SUGAR!!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Alex · Married on 06/15/2013

SUGAR performed at our wedding in Westerly, RI a couple of months ago, and we could not be happier about our decision to hire them. We used their solo guitarist, Eddie, for our ceremony on the beach, the jazz trio for our cocktail hour, and SUGAR's 8 piece band for our reception. All were fabulous!

Not only is SUGAR an extremely talented band, they are a pleasure to work with. The band contact, Marcy, was incredibly responsive and accommodating throughout the booking process and during the months and weeks leading up to our wedding. We chose a playlist of songs beforehand (SUGAR has an extensive and diverse song list), and SUGAR played exactly what we wanted to hear all night! Also, when our speeches/toasts ran a little long at the reception, SUGAR played through one of their scheduled breaks to make up for time lost!

Our family and friends were on the dance floor the entire night - SUGAR really helped set the tone for our wedding. The band members are lively, fun, and amazing artists, and they do all genres extremely well. SUGAR truly made our wedding a night to remember...our guests - young and old - were raving about them. You will not be sorry if you hire SUGAR!!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Alison · Married on 05/26/2013

I cannot say enough good things about this band. AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING! We first saw SUGAR at a wine festival a few years ago that they play at every year. Before I was even engaged I said, "I want this band to play at my wedding!" They are very professional and extremely talented!!

From the moment they started playing, everyone was up dancing! At the end of the night everyone was chanting for them to play "One more song!!"

Simply outstanding!

Sent on 08/12/2013

We had Sugar as our evening entertainment after seeing them at a friends wedding and they were once again fantastic - very talented and energetic. You cant help but get up and dance! Everyone commented after our wedding on how good our band was more than anything else!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Chelsea · Married on 07/28/2012

If you are thinking of having a wedding band, Sugar is the absolute best choice. Sugar was absolutely incredible. In fact, a lot of our wedding guests sent us emails about how they were the best band they'd ever heard play at a wedding!! We can not put into words just how grateful we are to them for providing us with such a wonderful party. When we began talking about our wedding, the main thing we wanted was a big celebration with lots of music and dancing -- Sugar completely created that for us.
    They are organized, responsive, timely, enthusiastic & have a great repertoire of music. They are talented and a lot of fun & definitely get the crowd up and dancing. We would give them a million reviews and stars if we could. Trust us, they are great!! :)

Sent on 08/11/2013

Jon · Married on 06/25/2011

Sugar has been a huge part of the musical success our winery has enjoyed over the last decade. They keep it fun, help draw a crowd, are always professional and are amazingly current with their music repertoire. When we are in need of the best dance band in Southeastern Connecticut, Sugar is the easy choice.

Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Winery
    North Stonington, CT

Sent on 07/15/2013

Lynn · Married on 07/10/2010

"What can I say... although our wedding is now over a month ago, guess what everyone is still talking about.... the incredible band!!! I wanted to write to say thank you for such an amazing performance you put on for our wedding at The Loeb Boathouse, Central Park. The music was amazing and never was the dance floor empty...FACT!!! You went well beyond our expectation and put on a night to remember, the only problem being was that no one wanted you to stop playing. I know a number of people have already been in contact as they were so impressed and you truly were the highlight of our wedding!!! Thank you very much and I have no doubt that I'll be seeing you again at some point. Thanks for being such a special part of our day."

Sent on 08/28/2013

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2014

This band…. There are no words to describe how insanely talented these people are. I had a very diverse crowd at my wedding- older family members, my parents coworkers, my younger friends, but everyone, EVERYONE got up and danced when Sugar started playing. Seriously, the whole wedding rushed the dancefloor when it opened up for everybody, and it stayed full until they had to kick us out. Yep, they turned my wedding reception into an all-ages dance party and it was AWESOME. For days and weeks afterwards, family friends, coworkers, out of town family members were contacting us to rave about how wonderful the music was and how they haven't danced that much in years. My biggest fear was that the wedding wouldn't be as fun for the guest as it would be for me, but Sugar took care of that and we all had a blast. Sugar had a great set list and a remarkable range. Marcy also did a great job emceeing for us and working with a surprise guest (a mermaid!) They are on the pricier side but that is because they are completely, amazingly, (maybe magically?) talented. The band was very easy to coordinate and communicate with. They were absolutely fantastic.

Sent on 10/28/2014

If you're reading this while comparing bands for your wedding, STOP NOW! DO NOT READ ANOTHER REVIEW! BOOK SUGAR RIGHT NOW AND YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! If you've already seen Sugar play locally, you probably don't need any encouragement. For those who haven't seen them, this isn't just another wedding band. These are fantastic musicians playing phenomenal arrangements to perfection. The energy they bring is unbelievable. Our wedding had about 170 guests, and Sugar kept them dancing and having fun the entire night. We've gotten a lot of "best wedding I've ever been to" comments from our friends, and inevitably "your wedding band was amazing/awesome/the best ever" is the next thing they say. On top of that, Marcy is super professional and prompt in all her communications. You just can't go wrong choosing this band for your wedding. They're the best!

Sent on 11/28/2014

Sugar provided all the musical entertainment for my wedding, and to say they were amazing is an understatement! We had a guitarist for the ceremony, jazz trio for the cocktail hour and dinner, and then the eight piece band for the rest of the night. My guests are still raving about how much fun they had. It was also very telling when those guests whom we thought would leave early stayed until the very end, and they were even out on the dance floor most of the night. If you want your guests to have the most amazing and fun time at your wedding, hire Sugar. They're worth every penny!

Sent on 12/11/2014