35 Reviews for Sugar

Ceremony (2)
Cocktail Hour (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
35 Sugar Reviews

Our top priorities when planning our wedding were band, booze, and food. We wanted to have a party. We were able to get the booze/food part secured through our venue, so when looking for a band, we knew we had to find a group that would get our guests on their feet and dancing the entire night.

We had seen Sugar perform many times throughout the years in Block Island, and knew that they were the band for us. Once we found out they were available to travel to Tarrytown, NY on our date - we got excited, and for good reason. Throughout the (extremely stressful) wedding planning process, Marcy and Izzy went out of their way to make us feel comfortable, and answer all of our many questions/requests (we had a lot).

The sound and professionalism they brought the night-of was incredible. We had them play during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We also added the extra horn section (trust me...worth every penny). EVERYONE was on the dance floor the entire night - from the youngest cousin to the oldest grandparent.

Sugar truly made our night special, different, and fun, and we thank them very much for that. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Eric, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Sugar was AMAZING! They were very responsive and very accommodating! I would recommend them to anyone. My guests are still talking about how much they loved the band, worth every penny!

Profile Picture Daria, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Ceremony, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Reception, Vocals

Sugar was beyond our wildest expectations, and our guests were blown away! The music was perfect, and everyone was dancing all night long! Highly recommend this exceptional group of musicians, singers, and entertainers!

Profile Picture Anthony, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

While planing our wedding, our main priority was entertainment, as soon as we got engaged we knew right away we wanted Sugar Band! We actually picked a wedding date based on Sugars availability. We had seen them so many times and they never disappointed. Their high energy gets the crowd up and dancing all night long.

Marcy was wonderful to work with leading up to the wedding. She put me at ease, was very organized and accommodating to our high demands. We had the 8-piece band for our 6 hour reception.

On our wedding day Sugars enthusiasm and talent really showed. They did a phenomenal job at reading the crowd and were able to know what song to play next to keep everyone dancing, while also taking into account the songs my groom and I loved. After our last song of the night our guests were chanting “one more song!”

All of our guests who knew of Sugar were excited for their performance and guests who didn’t know who they were, did after our wedding and some went on to become Sugar groupies! All of our guests still talk about how much fun they had at our wedding.

Sugar is the perfect band for a mixed crowd because they can play a little bit of everything! Our wedding was such a fun time and Sugar played a huge role in our happy memories. If you are looking for a talented, high energy band with a huge song list then, I highly recommend Sugar! They will turn your wedding reception into the best dance party of your life.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We had first heard of Sugar through a friend that had heard them perform at a local bar. After some research and looking at the reviews, we went to the Wind Jammer to hear them play. They were AMAZING and had the whole bar up and dancing the whole night. We chatted with Izzy and Marcy after the show and were convinced that night that they would be perfect for the wedding. Working with them through contract negotiations, song choices, and logistics was made pretty easy by how responsive Marcy is. That night, they were the one thing that truly made our wedding. Everyone can't stop talking about how amazing they were and the dance floor was so packed all night people were dancing on the carpet. We can't thank them enough for making our night the best!!

Profile Picture Mara, 10/8/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

My wedding would not have been what it was without SUGAR. I first heard of them when a friend asked me to check them out for her own wedding.... But we soon realized that this was the band for us! Fast forward to our wedding on block island at the spring house... And it was magical. Everyone couldn't stop talking about how amazing our band was! The best part was... I never gave SUGAR a full list of songs. We gave them a few songs that would be nice to hear and then an overview of what we didn't want our music to be like. I told Marcy to feel out the crowd and do what they do best! Not a single person was sitting. We danced from 8pm-midnight, it was truly magical, I would recommend everyone to have SUGAR at their wedding/event!!! I wish I could do my wedding over again just to relive that night!!! Hands down, SUGAR is what you need to make your wedding what it should be. Inquire with them!! Have fun!!

Thanks Marcy and crew!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

My husband and I have seen Sugar perform numerous times and decided long before we were engaged that we didn't just want them, we needed them at our wedding. When the time came to look for venues we based our search around Sugar's availability. Luckily the starts aligned and we booked them for our September 2016 wedding at Jonathan Edwards Winery. Marcy made the pre wedding process so easy and was always responsive to our emails. Fast forward to our wedding day. Sugar ROCKED!! We new we were in for a special night when after our first dance all 200 of our guests flooded the dance floor for the next song. Seriously, everyone was on the dance floor and it continued that way until the end of the night when everyone started chanting, "one more song, one more song". Our guests are still raving about our band over a month later. Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Sugar! Book them! You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Allison, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Sugar is the BEST band ever!!! Our wedding guests never sat down. They all asked where the band was from and wanted them to do an event for them. Our photographer had Sugar at their wedding 10 years ago and she told me that they were awesome then and at other weddings she had done in the past. We did not need another review we were sold. You will not be disappointed you will be ecstatic . Hire them for your wedding or next event!

Profile Picture S, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Sugar is the best band in the area, hands down! They have a huge repertoire from oldies to current music and they are just soooo good! You have options with the number of players (and therefore $$) and the songs you want them to play as well as for how long. I arranged my entire wedding around Sugar's availability because I absolutely had to have them. Everyone has been talking about the band ever since the big day and the experience from my initial conversation with Marcy was top notch, no complaints. So easy to work with and so professional. Cannot say enough good things. If you want a good band you need Sugar!

Profile Picture Lucy, 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Reception, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We had Sugar perform at our wedding this past June and they did not disappoint. We still get compliments from our family and friends! They have such a great combination of both new music and oldies that really got everyone out of their chairs. This band really made our reception come alive! We highly recommend them and continue to see them perform when they are local.

Thank you again for making our wedding so special!

Profile Picture User7302878, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

I cannot say enough about Sugar! They played my wedding two weeks ago and my guests having been raving about them ever since. Marcy was a true professional in the planning and organizing of my night. I knew I didn't have to worry about anything. They are such a diverse and talented group of musicians and hiring them for my big night was one of the easiest and best decisions I had to make.....highly recommended!

Profile Picture Heather, 5/20/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

BOOK! Amazing... made my wedding perfect. Everyone was on the dance floor- my friends, my parents' friends, everyone. Guests have still been talking about the band, weeks later, saying that it is the best band they have ever heard at a wedding. Compliments all around. They were also very reliable and accommodating, when we needed them to learn our wedding song that they did not already know. And another special song for my parents (for the Mezinka, a Jewish tradition)... just gave them the sheet music and they performed it perfectly. Sugar is Amazing!

Profile Picture Alissa, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

One word: WOW. They made the wedding. Totally beyond anything I was expecting. It's true you get what you pay for, and if you want a memorable, and more importantly FUN wedding for a bunch of people that love to dance, I don't think you can go wrong with Sugar. They are better than many of the bands I looked at from NYC and Boston, and you won't regret hiring them! I could keep going, and going, and going (like our guests on the dance floor....) but I'm going to just tell you to STOP LOOKING because you've found the band for your wedding!

Profile Picture Thomas, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Sugar is absolutely amazing!! When we first got engaged, we saw a few Sugar band members play at Red 36 in Mystic. We immediately fell in love and knew we wanted them to play at our wedding. And in our search for wedding venues and dates, we were only interested in dates that we knew Sugar was available to play. We also saw the whole band at Esker Point this past summer and they were great then too. We decided on a Thursday wedding, which is a bit odd but it was a small wedding and Sugar was amazing!! Our guests raved all night, and still rave months later. They learned our first dance song and played all our requests. I don't even think they took a break all night! They made our small wedding feel bigger because everyone was dancing. Absolutely fantastic and talented group of people. Everyone was so sweet (and they are all stunning too by the way). By far, Sugar was one of the best parts of our wedding and we can't wait to see them again!

Profile Picture User4497977, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Sugar is THE best band in the area. They have amazing energy, song list, voices, instrumentals etc etc etc

They also play music in the background during cocktails and were the MC for our reception. They worked seamlessly with our vendors and made sure the flow of the evening was smooth.

Their song list is robust - they have songs from all genres and for all ages. Their voices are incredibly powerful. I did not get enough time on the dance floor!

Marcy was easy to work with and coordinate all the details with. They are flexible and even learned songs for us!

I highly recommend Sugar for your wedding - they change the vibe and energy of the night :)

Profile Picture Nicki, 8/22/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Sugar is an AMAZING wedding band. The singers are all out of this world and they play great music. My dance floor was packed at my wedding. They are also really easy to work with, responding to emails quickly and accommodating any special requests. Also, this may seem silly, but my parents were concerned about how loud the room would be, and they were the perfect volume. People on the dance floor were having a blast, while people at the bar could carry a conversation without yelling.

Profile Picture Jessica, 1/3/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Band

Sugar is AWESOME. We had seen them many times at the Spring House where they play in the summer and knew that they would be the perfect band to help us celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary with friends and family. They are not cheap, but worth every penny. Marci was great to work with, managing the band and the lead singer. You need to reserve early as these guys are popular. They will work with you to customize your song list and be flexible to whatever your favorite songs are/needs are. I can't recommend them enough. Everyone is still talking about the party and the amazing band.

If you are planning to have a party on Block Island, I would highly recommend renting a house for the band as it is a lot cheaper than getting 9 hotel rooms.

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Our wedding guests are still talking about how amazing SUGAR was at our wedding in September! They were so helpful through the entire planning process, and answered of all of my questions and gave great advice with the timing, setup, specific songs etc. At our reception, SUGAR created the most fun atmosphere, where guests of all ages (and dancing abilities!) felt comfortable and excited to dance. They started out with an instrumental jazz ensemble for our cocktail hour, creating an elegant and relaxing mood, and came out with a bang after dinner for dancing! SUGAR kept everyone on the dance floor until the very end of the night, and our guests enjoyed every minute of it! The members of SUGAR are all so amazingly talented, and we are in awe of their individual performances, and the band as a whole. We can't thank them enough for helping to make our wedding so incredibly special, and we look forward to attending one their local shows very soon!

Profile Picture Robin, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

MY husband and I had seen Sugar on a number of occasions while we were dating and just engaged. We always had a great night out when they were playing. We were hopeful our guests would love them but Sugar truly blew EVERYONE away with a great night of music and dancing. Marcy and team were so patience and accommodating during our wedding planning. We bounced song after song off them and they were open to all ideas. They actually learned our first dance song just for us making the night even more special. We had the acoustic trio perform at cocktails followed by the full band at the reception. Marcy did a great job MC'ing and rolled with an ever-changing itinerary. Even almost 6 months later people compliment us on having the best wedding band they'd ever seen. We simply cannot recommend this crew enough, professional, entertaining, modern (is it wrong to say gorgeous too?!) Sugar is the whole package!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Besides being a talented band, they were willing to work with some challenges to provide music on the beach. (E.g., there was no direct road to the site; there was inadequate power and we therefore required a generator which they arranged).
They played the genre of music we requested as their playlist is very extensive.
They are an excellent band and they were very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Gail, 8/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

MOST AMAZING BAND EVER!!! Absolutely recommend to anyone for ANY EVENT!! especially your wedding!!

Profile Picture Kevin, 9/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

Sugar made our summer gala complete. Our guests rocked all night long! The great mix of music, energy from the band and awesome talent made for the perfect summer evening event. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We'll see you next year for sure.

Profile Picture Andrea, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

Sugar is by far the BEST band you could ever have at any event. They played at my daughter's wedding and were amazing. Everyone loved them and danced the entire night. They are professional, extremely talented and very personable. They never forget their fans and truly care about making your event the best they can. I would highly recommended them!!!!!

Profile Picture Penny, 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

Wow, SUCH an amazing band! Professional, polished, friendly, versitile and an energy that kept the dance floor full all night! We feel so lucky to have had Sugar as the sound track to our special day.
Robert and Kelly