Sugar & Slice Reviews

Sugar & Slice 2
Sugar & Slice 3
Sugar & Slice 4

Allison · Married on 07/14/2018

Brought our vision to life!

Sugar & Slice was wonderful to work with! The cake was designed from scratch and turned out to be even more beautiful than we could have hoped for. Unlike many large event cakes, this cake tasted WONDERFUL! It was true to the cake tasting and our guests raved. I cant wait to thaw the top layer on our first anniversary!

Sugar & Slice 5
    Sent on 10/17/2018

Mai · Married on 06/02/2018

I am so happy we found Sugar and Slice!!! The cake was so beautiful and looked even more perfect than I imagined. Even better, my guests raved about how delicious it was the entire evening (and some even again at brunch the next day!). Trisha was so wonderful to work with throughout the entire process. I didn’t have a chance to visit the finger lakes area before my wedding (decided to trust the great reviews from my planner) so we discussed everything over email. She was extremely responsive, did drawn mock-ups, and made great recommendations / advice along the way. In the end she drew flowers on the cake to match the texture of my wedding dress! The weeks leading up to the wedding she checked in with my planning and myself to review timing, platter details etc. to ensure everything was perfect. We are so happy with our cake and can’t wait to defrost and taste in a year! Thank you Trisha for all your beautiful work to make our day special!!

Sugar & Slice 6
    Sugar & Slice 7
    Sugar & Slice 8
    Sent on 07/21/2018

Jenna · Married on 11/25/2017

Trisha was a pleasure to work with

Sent on 12/24/2017

Emily · Married on 10/22/2017

Trisha is so good at what she does! Not only did our wedding cake look beautiful, it's tasted incredible as well. With all the details involved in planning a wedding, it was so awesome to hand this one over to her, knowing she was going to do an amazing job. I 100% recommend Sugar & Slice for any event cakes you may need!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Kelly · Married on 06/24/2017

Trisha was amazing!! She set up the best tasting for us and worked to make sure we got exactly what we wanted inside and out. I could not have asked for an easier person to work with. The cake was beautiful and we were so happy!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Sharlene · Married on 06/17/2017

Trisha was outstanding. My wife and I had a colorful request, but definitely needed some help coming up with a design that both made a statement and was cost conscious. Trisha was extremely patient and took time to rework our design several times. She was great at listening to and integrating both of our visions for the cake. Whether it be a late night or a weekend, Trisha was available and extremely helpful. It was the best surprise walking down to see the vibrant and beautifully elegant cake- wish we could have caught her before she left to say thank you in person. Her cake was outstanding in appearance and taste, and our guests all enjoyed! The cupcakes we also had to compliment the cake were outstanding- not one was left to bring home :( . Overall, we couldn't have asked for more, and we were so happy we choose Trisha to add a little sweetness to our special day!!!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Meghan · Married on 06/03/2017

Look no further then Trisha for the vendor that wedding dreams are made of! From the awesome tasting she put together that let us try every cake and filling combination we could have ever wanted through our wedding day, she was amazing to work with and we are so happy we chose her to be such a central part of our day.

Our wedding cake was absolutely STUNNING and she even coordinated with our florist ahead of time to make sure the flowers for our cake were just right. I also had her make a Marine Corps grooms cake for the rehearsal dinner, which literally looked like something off a Pinterest board and ended up being the hit of the party. (I should also mention that, if it’s possible, Trisha’s cakes taste even better than they look!)

Of all the wedding decisions to stress over, this is not one of them.

Sent on 07/08/2017
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2016

Wow! That is all I can say about Trisha's work on our cake! We got so many compliments. She did a silhouette "love story" cake (which she explained she had never done before). It was spectacular! So many people were walking up to photograph it. Our reception coordinator loved it so much she chose to place it in the middle of the room during the first part of the reception rather than in the corner that she normally used. She captured us and exactly what we wanted so perfectly. Also, the cake was friggin delicious! We had a lot of compliments about that as well! We chose the cookie dough cake with buttercream frosting (which we never heard of), and it's the best wedding cake I've ever tasted! We also had lemon cake with a raspberry filling, but I didn't try that flavor. I loved the cookie dough too much! Other folks said it was delicious as well. She is a MUST if you want a creative and delicious cake! Thank you Trisha!!!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/20/2016

Trisha was such a pleasure to work with! She was very open to making our cake vision a reality and the finished product was more detailed than I could have ever imagined. She even hand made fondant succulent pieces that several guests thought were real plants! Not only was the cake beautiful but it was equally as delicious. She also delivered on the cupcakes we ordered. Not a single one was left by the end of the night!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Samantha · Married on 08/13/2016

Trisha is fantastic to work with! She really works to make your vision a reality! Everyone at my wedding raved about her cake and I can't wait to eat my top tier in a year!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Catherine · Married on 08/06/2016

Tricia worked with me on every detail I envisioned for our wedding cake - beautiful hand-piping decoration, fresh and local raspberries and currants, delicious alternating chocolate & vanilla cake and buttercream frosting. She was a joy to meet In person and easy to contact with follow-up emails. I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Sandra · Married on 07/23/2016

Oh my gosh!!! It's the wedding picture I keep going back to!!! Absolutely gorgeous cake...and delicious beyond belief!!! White cake with almond buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream outside. We all wished we could have had cake for breakfast the next day! If only I had ordered two!!! Trisha is a delight to work with and so beautiful in her pink chef's jacket. If I had to do it over again... One I would have ordered more in order to have had leftovers, and two I would have asked Trish to stay and serve it...she is so delightful! Wish I had gotten a picture of her delivering it...amazing unveiling!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the photographer did. And nota single bite of cake or icing G was left on the guests' plates...simply too scrumptious! And this picture is now the wallpaper on my phone!

Sent on 07/25/2016
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 07/02/2016

I found Trisha’s name from Google or one of the wedding websites. I read a few reviews and decided to reach out to her. We set up a time (very last minute, which we greatly appreciated), when we were in town to go over a few options for cakes and pricing, since we had just moved out of state. She was beyond our expectations! She answers emails very quickly! She took our ideas and ran with them. I showed her a picture of a white on white tiered cake and gave her the creative freedom to go beyond that picture. Our brother in law is highly allergic to nuts and although she couldn’t not guarantee that it was 100% a peanut free kitchen, she took every precaution to ensure that he would feel comfortable eating the cake without a movie moment like in “Hitch”! Our cake was delicious and everyone enjoyed it! I loved working with her so much so that I surprised my hubby with a groom’s cake at our rehearsal dinner, especially designed with his three favorite things, NY Giants, NY Mets and Virginia Tech. I would highly recommend her for any event and specially to make your wedding cake! It was a pleasure.

Sent on 08/02/2016

The cake Trisha created for us was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! It was exactly like the picture I sent her but better! It tasted amazing and just really pulled our theme together. She was so easy to work with and communication was easy via email. I look forward to getting cakes from Sugar & Slice in the future!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Naomi · Married on 09/26/2015

I heard about Sugar and Slice through an old high school friend who had used her the year before for her wedding. I e-mailed her with a ton of questions and she promptly answered them. She was more than accommodating when it came time to schedule a taste testing and worked around my husband's hectic schedule. She offered a huge selection of flavors to choose from and the only problem we had was deciding which delicious flavors to use for our cake! I sent her a few pictures of cakes that I had found and she came up with the idea of using some of the flowers and barley from our wedding on the cake. She made the whole experience easy and fun; it was the least stressful part of planning our wedding!
    The day of our wedding came and I didn't have to worry about the cake at all; I felt confident that it would be everything we had asked for. She took care of the delivery, set up, and final flower decorating.
    Our cake was beautiful and beyond what I had imagined! It fit our wedding so well and she decorated it perfectly! It was also amazingly delicious and I don't know if I have enough will power to save the top piece for our one year anniversary (I might take it out early...very early)!
    Many of our guests asked us who made the cake and said it was the best wedding cake they had ever had; moist, flavorful, and the buttercream was spot on!
    Sugar and Slice helped make our wedding day perfect and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. I plan to use her for future events!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Trisha did a fantastic job with the cake and cupcakes for our wedding. We absolutely loved working with her! We were planning our wedding from out of town, so her responsiveness made everything so easy and she was very flexible with scheduling a tasting. We ended up getting the chocolate hazelnut, salted caramel and red velvet and they were all fantastic! On the day of the wedding, everything was decorated beautifully and she took care of all of the setup, adding fresh flowers, etc. She really went out of her way for us and did an amazing job! She is very talented and great to work with and we couldn’t be happier with the end result!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 08/15/2015

Everything was beautiful. Exactly what we wanted. Cupcakes were delicious!! We had the chocolate peanut butter, strawberry shortcake, and red velvet. The chocolate peanut butter ones were the favorite. She was great to work with, responsive, and fair. Definitely coming back next year to have our anniversary cake made!

Sent on 09/05/2015

Amy · Married on 07/04/2015

Trish is AMAZING! My cupcakes were phenomenal and she was very reasonably priced! My guests raved about how moist and beautiful they looked. She is very responsive and never had any complaints! I would highly recommend her services!

Stephanie · event on: 01/31/2015

Sugar and Slice provided everything I asked for! I have used them the past 2 years and fully anticipate using again and again! Everything was beautifully decorated, delivered on time and of course DELICIOUS!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Sugar and Slice made our wedding cake and cupcakes and they were a huge hit (6 inch topper with 60 cupcakes)! I booked her before ever tasting her cupcakes or meeting her and relied only on the reviews I could find as I was an out of town bride. I was not disappointed when I was finally able to meet for a tasting. She has amazing communication skills and is very organized to top off her ability to make delicious moist cakes and cupcakes. We selected 5 varieties of flavors which were all so incredible. Even the vanilla with chocolate buttercream frosting, the simplest flavor we selected, was noteworthy due to the remarkable chocolate frosting. She also worked with our florist using fresh flowers to decorate the cake and cupcake stand creating exactly the image I wanted. She truly listens to the vision of the bride and I could not have asked for a more beautiful presentation. Considering we ordered enough cupcakes for the guests to have 2 each and did not have any leftovers I think the guests agreed they were not only beautiful but delicious. She is an amazing, talented baker and decorator as well as a great person to work with.

Sent on 09/25/2015

Krysta · Married on 05/31/2014

We would highly recommend Sugar and Slice!! Our cake for our wedding was a Nautical themed, chocolate sea salt caramel amazing cake! It tasted as amazing as it looked! We then reordered a cake topper for our 1 year Anniversary and cup cakes and they were absolutely delicious!! Love her!

Megan · Married on 09/28/2013

Tricia did an amazing job for our wedding! Not only was she very professional, but it's the best cake we've had an any wedding before or since. We got so many compliments!

Jessica · Married on 10/27/2018

3.0

Delicious cake!

Trisha created a beautiful cake for our wedding! She made it easy to plan from two hours away. Multiple guests of the wedding told us how delicious the cake was.

Sent on 11/03/2018