89 Reviews for Sugar Shack Bakery

Groom's Cake (1)
Private Tastings (1)
Gluten Free (1)
89 Sugar Shack Bakery Reviews

Sugar Shack was delicious and beautiful! I would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture lindsey, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wimberley, TX served as a destination wedding site for us therefore we weren't familiar with the local businesses. Boy, did we luck out with Sugar Shack! The cake selection was deep and wide, the level of professionalism balanced well with the small business feel but most importantly the cake was beautiful and delicious. It rivaled anything we would have shipped in from "the city". Thank you, Sugar Shake, for adding sparkle to our special day with a gorgeous wedding cake and stellar service. Don't think twice about using this local bakery! - Lauri

Profile Picture Lauri, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Monica was able to create exactly what we envisioned for our wedding cake and cupcakes! They were not only beautifully decorated but had amazing flavor!! We needed some gluten free cupcakes too, and my goodness they were wonderful!!
I highly recommend the Sugar Shack!!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Sugar Shack Bakery produced exactly what I asked for from miles away!! The only communication after stopping in for breakfast one day was through emailed photo ideas and phone calls, and they nailed it! They created 5 beautiful cakes for us that we loved and matched the theme of the wedding perfectly!

Profile Picture Kendall, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My wife and I visit Wimberley at least once a year, and we fell in love with the cakes at Sugar Shack. They are seriously the most delicious we have ever tasted, and we couldn't wait for everyone to get to enjoy them. There are cheaper options to be had, but for beautifully decorated and delicious cake, sugar shack is hard to beat!

Profile Picture Justin, 3/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugar Shack Bakery provided all of the desserts for our dessert buffet at our wedding, and they ALL went over SO WELL. We had a medley of pound cakes, texas whiskey cake, lemon bars, brownies and three types of cookies (the sugar cookies were decorated in our wedding colors and looked gorgeous). They are so reasonably priced and a pleasure to work with. But most of all.....DELICIOUS!

Profile Picture Gwendolyn, 12/19/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cookies, Dessert Buffet

Sugar Shack Bakery was our number one choice when we were looking for our Wedding and Grooms cakes. We each had very specific ideas of what we wanted and how we wanted it to come out. They met, and exceeded our expectations. As the bride, I was looking for a cake that was bare of most frosting and primarily covered with fresh fruit. They did a great job, and it was exactly what I saw in my head. My groom created a comic book cake with almost no fondant just as he dreamed it. Overall we were thrilled. Our cake was so good we only had 9 pieces of the groom's cake left when the wedding ended! Folks loved the taste as did we! They are a sweet choice if you are looking for a bakery!
- Mr. & Mrs. Ukegbu

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/16/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

The price, service, and most importantly the cake was all excellent. The carrot cake is the best we've had. Custom requests should be thoroughly drawn out/explained, especially if made last-minute, but this ought to be expected and should not be weighted much against the overall value of the Sugar Shack. They were very helpful and we loved the tasting that was scheduled for us, surely a highlight of the wedding planning process.

Profile Picture User6150291, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Overall good experience. Had a difficult time speaking with cake decorator by phone but quick response to emails. Good price. Got a tasting to go for a small price (?$10) since the bakery was busy the day I wanted a tasting but there were descriptions about the cake options. Cake and cupcakes were delivered timely and looked great!

Profile Picture User5433930, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We have always loved coming to Wimberley and getting breakfast and sweet treats from Sugar Shack so it was an easy decision who to use for our wedding. We only did cupcakes and cakeballs and if it tells you anything, there were only two cupcakes left at the end of the night! Some of my friends said they had 3 cupcakes and wanted more. It's really nice that you can choose any mixture of flavors and amount you want. We had a really good variety for people to choose from and everyone couldn't stop talking about how good they were. I think the price was very fair and they used my cupcake wrappers that I bought from Amazin and set everything up at the wedding as well. It was nice not to have to worry about the setup and there was no takedown because there was nothing left!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/5/15, 1 Review
4.7

Sugar Shack Bakery did my wedding cake, grooms cake and desserts for
Our dessert table. The cakes were delicious and the cakes looked beautiful!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/21/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Truly beautiful cake. We enjoyed looking at it almost as much as we did eating it. The cake ball Texas flag was a huge hit, luckily we were saved a couple because they were gone in a matter of minutes. No complaints at all, very professional but still easy to talk to, gave great feedback and made what we thought was kind of a wild idea into a tasty reality.

Profile Picture Stephen, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugar Shack did an exceptional job with our cakes! We originally planned to have only a wedding cake, but I decided a few months prior to the wedding to surprise my husband with a grooms cake. She worked with us on pricing to make sure it fit our budget and was flexible to add the grooms cake. On the day of the wedding, I was amazed at how beautiful the cakes turned out. She was on time and did a great job with decorating as I requested. I would highly recommend working with this Bakery!

Profile Picture Kate, 6/26/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were looking for an affordable gluten free cake and Sugar Shack Bakery was just that. Plus, the caked tasted AMAZING and our guests couldn't even tell it was gluten free. Wonderful company to work with!

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 6/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Cakes, Gluten Free

We were very pleased with the outcome of our wedding cake! The design was just what we wanted (2 tier, square, with a few succulents and texted white frosting). The taste of the cake flavors and filling we chose were incredible! I could not get enough of the traditional wedding cake (almond flavor) with lemon and blueberry filling between the two layers. So good!! The chocolate with raspberry filling was also delicious! The succulents were from our florist and arranged very nicely. The option tree stump cake plate also fit really well with our overall theme. I would highly recommend sugar shake bakery for any special occasion or just to treat yourself!

Profile Picture User5417883, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The groom's cake was perfect. The Sugar Shack was helpful and imaginative! And the fake was delicious.

Profile Picture Rhonda, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The Sugar Shack in Wimberley was one of the recommended bakerys given to us by Old Glory Ranch. We found the staff to be talented, accommodating and professional with no unwelcomed surprises. Not only was the wedding cake fabulous, we also opted for a gluten-free sheet cake that delighted the guests with this dietary need.

Thank you Sugar Shack for creating such a sophisticated cake that was also delicious. The Raspberry filling was a big hit.

With kindest regards,

Helene Terry

Profile Picture Helene , 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake tasting was a pleasant experience and the employee that assisted us was very helpful and artistic she spent a kind amount of time with us to listen to my ideas & draw it out on paper. My cake was perfect, yummy, and exactly what I had in mind!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugar Shack was very helpful in guiding me towards my decision to use cupcakes instead of a large cake. Their cake is delicious and a great value!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/9/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

our three wedding cakes were absolutely beautiful, Monica and Sugar Shack Bakery did a fantastic job! The cakes were exactly as we wanted, delivered to the Plant at Kyle in time (and safe!), delicious and fresh, and simply gorgeous. We had a "naked cake," a rosette cake, and a textured cake - each one was special and tasty. Take a look at their gallery, the cake decorations are stunning, if you're planning an Austin area wedding, check with Sugar Shack for good pricing and beautiful cakes! Thank you Sugar Shack!

Profile Picture User4312252, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake was exactly what I had pictured and asked for! Amazing job!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I am so pleased to have had the Sugar Shack Bakery to cater our cakes for our wedding. All we had to do was send them in our pictures and do a little cake testing and that was it! They had our cakes perfect and on time on the day of our wedding! They were so beautiful and the taste was amazing. The only thing I would have changed would be that they left us with a "take home" box. Other than that it was perfect!!

Profile Picture Becki, 3/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

AMAZING!!! As most brides, I had envisioned what I wanted our cakes to look like, but what Monica did with those ideas just blew everyone away. The grooms cake looked just like a drum of his and he was completely surprised. 2 weeks later and everyone is still talking about how great everything tasted. Everything was almost too pretty to eat :)

Profile Picture Lisa, 3/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Outstanding service and business! The cakes were flawless and beyond our expectations. The taste was also great! This is a great company!

Profile Picture User4913199, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugar Shack Bakery made a small, two-tier cake for my wedding and it turned out beautifully! Monica was very easy to work with and responsive. We live out of state, but stopped by the bakery when we were in the area and did a cupcake tasting that we took to-go. (We also grabbed some other baked goods and they were delicious!) Although I only ate the piece that my husband fed me for the photos at the wedding, I was very happy with the flavor. As for the decoration, I sent her several pictures of simple designs that I liked and she did exactly what I wanted – lined texture around the bottom tier and white dots all over the top tier. It was adorable! We’ll definitely stop by there next time we’re in the area.

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/21/15, 3 Reviews