Sugar Shack Bakery Reviews

91 Reviews for Sugar Shack Bakery

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/02/2018

Gluten Free Dessert Bar

We had the most delicious desserts at our wedding consisting of several different types of mini cheesecakes and decorative pies! ALL GLUTEN FREE. I was in heaven. My husband and I went back during our honeymoon in Wimberley for some sweets, and I will be going back to visit for more tasty treats in the future.

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Breedlove · Married on 05/26/2018

Yummy and has lots of options!

We had a 6 inch cake for us and had a variety of flavored cupcakes for guests, including gluten free flavors. They were so yummy, my hubby and I took a to-go box of some on our honeymoon. So moist and yummy, even for week after the event!

Sent on 11/25/2018

lindsey · Married on 11/12/2016

Sugar Shack was delicious and beautiful! I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Lauri · Married on 10/22/2016

Wimberley, TX served as a destination wedding site for us therefore we weren't familiar with the local businesses. Boy, did we luck out with Sugar Shack! The cake selection was deep and wide, the level of professionalism balanced well with the small business feel but most importantly the cake was beautiful and delicious. It rivaled anything we would have shipped in from "the city". Thank you, Sugar Shake, for adding sparkle to our special day with a gorgeous wedding cake and stellar service. Don't think twice about using this local bakery! - Lauri

Sent on 11/28/2016

Jamie · Married on 09/03/2016

Monica was able to create exactly what we envisioned for our wedding cake and cupcakes! They were not only beautifully decorated but had amazing flavor!! We needed some gluten free cupcakes too, and my goodness they were wonderful!!
    I highly recommend the Sugar Shack!!!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Kendall · Married on 06/25/2016

The Sugar Shack Bakery produced exactly what I asked for from miles away!! The only communication after stopping in for breakfast one day was through emailed photo ideas and phone calls, and they nailed it! They created 5 beautiful cakes for us that we loved and matched the theme of the wedding perfectly!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Sugar Shack Bakery provided all of the desserts for our dessert buffet at our wedding, and they ALL went over SO WELL. We had a medley of pound cakes, texas whiskey cake, lemon bars, brownies and three types of cookies (the sugar cookies were decorated in our wedding colors and looked gorgeous). They are so reasonably priced and a pleasure to work with. But most of all.....DELICIOUS!

Sent on 12/20/2015
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/16/2015

Sugar Shack Bakery was our number one choice when we were looking for our Wedding and Grooms cakes. We each had very specific ideas of what we wanted and how we wanted it to come out. They met, and exceeded our expectations. As the bride, I was looking for a cake that was bare of most frosting and primarily covered with fresh fruit. They did a great job, and it was exactly what I saw in my head. My groom created a comic book cake with almost no fondant just as he dreamed it. Overall we were thrilled. Our cake was so good we only had 9 pieces of the groom's cake left when the wedding ended! Folks loved the taste as did we! They are a sweet choice if you are looking for a bakery!
    - Mr. & Mrs. Ukegbu

Sent on 10/26/2015

Stephen · Married on 07/04/2015

Truly beautiful cake. We enjoyed looking at it almost as much as we did eating it. The cake ball Texas flag was a huge hit, luckily we were saved a couple because they were gone in a matter of minutes. No complaints at all, very professional but still easy to talk to, gave great feedback and made what we thought was kind of a wild idea into a tasty reality.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Kate · Married on 06/26/2015

Sugar Shack did an exceptional job with our cakes! We originally planned to have only a wedding cake, but I decided a few months prior to the wedding to surprise my husband with a grooms cake. She worked with us on pricing to make sure it fit our budget and was flexible to add the grooms cake. On the day of the wedding, I was amazed at how beautiful the cakes turned out. She was on time and did a great job with decorating as I requested. I would highly recommend working with this Bakery!

Sent on 09/10/2015

We were very pleased with the outcome of our wedding cake! The design was just what we wanted (2 tier, square, with a few succulents and texted white frosting). The taste of the cake flavors and filling we chose were incredible! I could not get enough of the traditional wedding cake (almond flavor) with lemon and blueberry filling between the two layers. So good!! The chocolate with raspberry filling was also delicious! The succulents were from our florist and arranged very nicely. The option tree stump cake plate also fit really well with our overall theme. I would highly recommend sugar shake bakery for any special occasion or just to treat yourself!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Rhonda · Married on 06/13/2015

The groom's cake was perfect. The Sugar Shack was helpful and imaginative! And the fake was delicious.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Helene · Married on 05/16/2015

The Sugar Shack in Wimberley was one of the recommended bakerys given to us by Old Glory Ranch. We found the staff to be talented, accommodating and professional with no unwelcomed surprises. Not only was the wedding cake fabulous, we also opted for a gluten-free sheet cake that delighted the guests with this dietary need.

Thank you Sugar Shack for creating such a sophisticated cake that was also delicious. The Raspberry filling was a big hit.

With kindest regards,

Helene Terry

Sent on 05/28/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/02/2015

Cake was exactly what I had pictured and asked for! Amazing job!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Lisa · Married on 03/28/2015

AMAZING!!! As most brides, I had envisioned what I wanted our cakes to look like, but what Monica did with those ideas just blew everyone away. The grooms cake looked just like a drum of his and he was completely surprised. 2 weeks later and everyone is still talking about how great everything tasted. Everything was almost too pretty to eat :)

Sent on 04/10/2015

Outstanding service and business! The cakes were flawless and beyond our expectations. The taste was also great! This is a great company!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Jessica · Married on 03/21/2015

Sugar Shack Bakery made a small, two-tier cake for my wedding and it turned out beautifully! Monica was very easy to work with and responsive. We live out of state, but stopped by the bakery when we were in the area and did a cupcake tasting that we took to-go. (We also grabbed some other baked goods and they were delicious!) Although I only ate the piece that my husband fed me for the photos at the wedding, I was very happy with the flavor. As for the decoration, I sent her several pictures of simple designs that I liked and she did exactly what I wanted – lined texture around the bottom tier and white dots all over the top tier. It was adorable! We’ll definitely stop by there next time we’re in the area.

Sent on 04/19/2015

jeannine · Married on 03/17/2015

Great to do business with. Cakes were exactly what I was looking for. Only had 3 slices of the groom's cake left after the wedding. ...so I think they were a hit.

Sent on 03/29/2015

Our cupcakes were delicious. Not only did monica deliver cupcakes and small cake, she put out cupcakes and decorated cake with flowers left by florist. Beautiful!!!!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Andrea · Married on 03/07/2015

Our two cakes were amazing! They created a Notre Dame stadium replica for my husband and he absolutely loved it. Everything was delicious and beautiful! Thank you, Sugar Shack!

Sent on 03/29/2015

Cailey · Married on 03/07/2015

Our wedding cake was beautiful, it looked just the way we wanted . It also tasted fantastic! We recieved lots of compliments on the cake from guests at the wedding.

Sent on 04/15/2015

Vanessa · Married on 01/17/2015

The cake was simple but beautiful, and exactly what I asked for.

Sent on 02/22/2015

Annah · Married on 12/13/2014

Monica was so sweet and easy to work with. We had such a great time during the cake tasting and she made the entire process so much fun. We ordered 175 cupcakes instead of a traditional cake. Everyone loved all the flavors we had available. (5 different flavors)

Sent on 01/14/2015

Kali · Married on 11/08/2014

VERY friendly and open to do whatever I had in mind. We had a personal cake tasting meeting and put together exactly what I wanted. Beautiful cake and DELICIOUS. We got so many compliments at the wedding about our cake. So happy the way it all turned out.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Sugar Shack Bakery was so wonderful - my cake turned out exactly how I wanted it! Both cakes tasted great and fit our wedding perfectly.

Sent on 10/29/2014