Sugar Plum Bakery Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Breanna M. Married on 10/02/2021

Cake Purchase with Ease

I went with Sugar Plum Bakery initially just because I love to support a company who supports others. Planning my wedding from Florida, the cake planning was made so easy. I didn’t want anything super complicated and was able to explain what I wanted over the phone. I picked up cake tastings and made my order. I’m a bride-chillaaaaa so this was right up my alley. Our cake was amazing and exactly what we wanted!
  • Bailey
    Bailey B. Married on 09/18/2021

The Best Desserts!

We ordered two small cakes, two sweets trays, and a cookie tray for our wedding and everything was delicious! Highly recommend the Sugar Plum Bakery, you cannot go wrong with anything you order!
  • Rachel
    Rachel R. Married on 05/21/2021

Super yummy and affordable

My cake was amazing ! The flavors a great. The service is great and the price couldn’t be beat !
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Sierra
    Sierra L. Married on 05/15/2021

Perfect!!!

We ordered 40 cupcakes and a small 6inch cake for our wedding and they were all perfect! Everyone loved them! They were ready on time and of course were delicious!
    Rob Married on 03/10/2021

Delicious and Buetiful

Love this place and their cakes!!
    Trina P. Married on 09/12/2020

Best cake!

My cake turned out beautiful! Not only was the outside gorgeous but the taste was perfect as well.
  • Kay2
    Kay R. Married on 06/27/2020

Blind Faith

We had a small wedding, 30 guests and had to pick a caterer long distance. We were from VA and familiar with Sugar Plum Bakery but what pushed us to use them was their response to questions, made suggestions based on our wants and went on blind faith of their reputation that the cake/cupcakes would be nice. Well they weren't nice, they were exceptional from looks to taste!!!
    Ruth B. Married on 08/17/2019

Flavorful, Moist, Well Priced

Our family went taste testing and price shopping for cupcakes in preparation for one of our son’s wedding. Sugar Plum Bakery was on the top of our top three picks. Their flavors and price beat the competition. The bride and groom tried our top three picks and chose Sugar Plum Bakery. The staff were friendly and gracious. They gave the bride and groom many samples to choose from for cupcakes and a small cake.
    At the reception everyone raved about how moist and delicious the cupcakes and cake were! I am not a cake lover, but the almond cupcakes were outstanding. They also deliver, making it a worry free part of the celebration.
  • Thandi
    Thandi Married on 07/20/2019

Beautiful wedding cake

Sugar Plum Bakery was professional and
    had my cake to the reception site on time. My wedding cake was everything I thought it would be! Simple 3 layer with shimmer around it! I absolutely loved it and it was very moist. Delicious! Thank you
    Jessica Married on 05/25/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Delicious treats and affordable pricing

We used Sugar Plum for all occasions so it was only fitting that we use them for our wedding! My husband didn't want a grooms' cake and opted for multiple pies. They were absolutely delicious. The planning was incredibly easy with so many options. And nothing is better than supporting a business who gives back to the disabled. Thank y'all so much for the deliciousness!
  • LaJuan
    Lajuan Married on 05/11/2019

Sugar Plum Bakery

Thank you Sugar Plum Bakery- I called a week prior to the ceremony and you all were kind and eager to accommodate.. I was so very grateful.. Then on the day of, the cake was ready in advance. The cake was delicious and beautiful, the cost was great too.
    Thank you for making my day super!!
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey Married on 04/20/2019

Delicious and beautiful

We got a 3 tiered cake in addition to 80 cupcakes and they were all delicious. We tried many cakes in the area, and theirs was the best.
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne Married on 12/16/2018

Delicious!

The cake was delicious and absolutely gorgeous!! It was exactly like I wanted. They were easy to work with, very pleasant and the prices were very good for the quality you get.
    Natalie Married on 11/10/2018

Fantastic cake!

I looked at a number of bakeries, Sugar Plum was not the least expensive (nor the most), but I love that they are a nonprofit and it goes to a good cause. At the tasting, Sugar Plum’s cakes tasted by far the best! We ended up ordering the Sugar Plum Fairy cake, the guests all commented that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. It also looked great. I had given them two different pictures I found online that I liked, they did a great job copying the two and it looked exactly as I imagined. It was delivered on time and looked great and tasted better. It was a nice touch that the bakery provides a free anniversary cake.
    Reggie Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We hired the bakery to make our wedding cake and it was amazing. We received several compliments on it. We met with the cake designer and she was able to make exactly what we wanted, just the way we wanted it. You can not go wrong by choosing this caterer.
    Elijah Married on 09/23/2018

Delicious!

WOW. Just wow. We ordered three types of cupcakes for our wedding: chocolate, lemon, and almond. They were moist and delicious. Plus, they were far more affordable than some of the other vendors we had considered. Many of our guests complimented us on them and asked where we got them.
    Vicki Married on 09/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sugar Plum Bakery is wonderful! They were so nice & helpful. Our wedding cake was delicious.
    We are very empressed by the care not only to us but their employees. It's wonderful to know they help the handicap. We wish them all the best & Thank you for making our wedding cake perfect for us!
    Amelia Married on 04/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sugar Plum Bakery made our wedding day wonderful by providing us with our wedding cake and donuts for our guests. We ordered the lemon cake with lemon filling and icing as well as a variety of donuts including their old fashioned glazed and cinnamon sugar. Everyone at our wedding was head over heels for all of the desserts! They were delicious!

The staff at Sugar Plum was friendly and kind. Our tasting and ordering session was professional and full of information. We will definitely be ordering from them again!
    Candice Married on 09/23/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Instead of a trational wedding cake we did cupcakes. We ordered 100 cupcakes and had a small cake for the cake cutting. They were delicious and had so many compliments on them. I provided cupcake wraps and they put them all on each cupcake. I made my own cupcake stand because I wanted a certain look. They setup our display beautifully. The price was unbeatable. Everything was exactly how we requested. Highly recommended.
  • Y
    Yebin Married on 06/10/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sugar Plum Bakery exceeded our expectations! We had a fairly small wedding so we decided to go with their retail cake department instead of their full wedding department. Their wedding department included a bunch of stuff like a consultation, tasting, delivery, etc. and was much pricier. We didn't need all that so they told us it was perfectly fine to go with retail and the designs would be just the same. We ended up with a two-tier (6" and 8") cake, enough for about 30+ people.

The whole process took us literally 10 minutes (granted we were never really picky about the cake). They showed us a few photos of past cakes, we told them how we wanted ours, we chose our flavor, size, gave them a date and time for pickup, and then paid! They took down all the necessary details in regards to the design, but I was still a little worried since there was no clear illustration. But the cake turned out absolutely beautiful!

We didn't want to blow our budget on an extravagant cake but still wanted something elegant, and Sugar Plum Bakery gave us exactly that. We didn't feel the need for a fancy flavor either, so we went super basic with a yellow cake and buttercream, no filling, and it still tasted amazing!

Sugar Plum Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Congratulations and thank you for including us in your wonderful day!
    Karyn Married on 05/20/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I highly recommend this company. We had doughnuts for the guests and a small cake for us to cut. Im not a cake person but holy smokes this cake was delicious. There was not many doughnuts left over at the end of the night so they were also a big hit. I did not have my own stand but I was able to rent one from them for a reasonable price. They were involved in the set up and clean up, so it was worry free for me.
    Joyce Married on 05/13/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I was thrilled to support Sugar Plum's great mission through our wedding. I ordered 7, yes, 7 cakes from Sugar Plum. Our main cake was a delicious 2-tier lemon wedding cake. I ordered 6 of their specialty cakes to complete my cake table vision. All the cakes were great, but the biggest hits were definitely the Creamsicle and Mozart! Looking for wedding cakes, I experienced the biggest sticker shock of my life. Sugar Plum however, had extremely reasonable prices and a great cause to support. I'm not a local, but I plan on continuing to use Sugar Plum whenever I'm back in the area for a family event!
    Veronica Married on 04/22/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We did a little 6 inch mini cake and then a whole bunch of cupcakes. THEY WERE AMAZING. We did basic flavors, chocolate, vanilla, almond and lemon. Everyone who had a cupcake raved about it. They were so good. We even had a few left over and were able to have a delicious sugar filled breakfast the next morning. I would highly recommend Sugar Plum Bakery.
  • O
    Orie Married on 09/24/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I've always been a big Sugar Plum Bakery fan so when we decided to go for a tasting there I was beyond excited! We ended up choosing them when my (now) husband fell in love with their cake. It was delicious and the cupcakes were gone within minutes of us slicing the cake! They were delicious and easy to work with.
    Carla Married on 06/11/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My cake was absolutely gorgeous and you can't beat the price! It was so easy to order one and I love the values that the company has.

Sugar Plum Bakery's reply:

Carla, Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you loved your cake. Congratulations and best wishes!
illustration stars