Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats Reviews

Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats 5
Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats 6

Jessica · Married on 06/02/2019

Sis in laws wedding

Omg amazing!! My sister in laws wedding tasty sweets finalized our celebration. The one on one with Sugar Mana who is as sweet as her baked goods. My fav lemon but everyone enjoyed the 6 assortment of flavors. Would recommend sugar mama’s to everyone.

Sent on 06/05/2019

Tracy Howland · Married on 05/25/2019

Favorite cupcakes!!!!

Sugarmamas sweets and treats made a wedding tower of cupcakes for my sisters wedding and it was beautiful! The owner was absolutely amazing In helping my indecisive sister choose her flavors and which stands to use. The cupcakes were a huge success at the wedding, everyone could not stop raving about them! I recommend that anyone looking for high quality cupcakes, accommodating staff, creativity and so much more go see sugarmama!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 05/04/2019

Delicious & affordable!

We highly recommend Sugar Mama's. Erin was very easy to work with, and the cupcakes were a huge hit at the wedding! She also made a small gluten-free cake for me and was able to include 2 GF cupcakes for my nephew. She was also very fun to chat with, laid-back, and flexible.

(Photos taken by Ella Grace Photography)

Sent on 05/12/2019
    Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats 7
    Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats 8

Elizabeth · Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing Job!

Erin was such a pleasure to work with. The cupcake table was stunning and everyone was raving about the cupcakes! Working with her is a dream. She’s affordable and kind. One of our best decisions was choosing Sugar Mamas!

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats 9
  • Karissa

Karissa · Married on 09/13/2018

Best cupcakes and cake!!!!!!!

Where do I even start?! Sugar Mama is by far the best cupcakes and cakes I have ever had! I am very big into sweets so I knew that I had to have the best when it came to our wedding. Not only was this the best cupcakes and cake ever but I had guest literally fighting over the cupcakes! Sugar Mamas was very realist and helped us to save money but also made our dream a reality. My husband and I love sugar mama so much that every year for our anniversary we will be going to take a cupcake!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Kris · Married on 08/18/2018

Erin was super friendly to work with! Her cupcakes and cakes are so delicious! We had met her at a bridal show and everyone in my bridal party tried a different cupcake and couldn't stop raving about the flavor and moistness. Her prices were so reasonable too. When we went to sample flavors, she had a great variety to try out. All were fabulous! We were so impressed! She took the time to make suggestions that were dead on and she completely understood what we were looking for for our cake and cupcakes. She had exactly what we wanted/needed for the display stands. Everyone was impressed with the setup and the flavors. Can't say enough about Erin and her cupcakes/cakes! Order from her and you will not be disappointed...highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Gloria · Married on 06/24/2018

It was a pleasure working with Erin for our wedding! The mini cupcakes were a HUGE hit and our naked cake was absolutely beautiful (and delicious). Erin is professional, an excellent baker, and fun to be around. She has years of experience in the business and can give helpful advice regarding flavors, size, and number of desserts. Erin was very accommodating, offering both a winter and summer complimentary tasting so that we could try the flavors in season for our wedding. Even though they had two weddings on the same day, Erin and her team worked around the tight set-up time and made everything look beautiful. You can't go wrong with Sugar Mama's!!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Alesandra · Married on 08/12/2017

Best part of the night

We received so many compliments on our cupcake table!! I was absolutely mesmerized by the work that Sugar Mama did! Everyone said it was the most delicious cupcakes they had ever had and they loved the flavors! My husband and I made it a point to eat our desert together uninterrupted because we knew that the cupcakes were what we were most excited for... and we were definitely not let down! Absolutely delicious and Sugar Mama is so friendly and nice to work with!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats 10
    Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats 11
    Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats 12
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 06/17/2017

Erin was so responsive and easy to work with! We heard of her from a couple of friends who had booked her for their wedding, and we were excited to see what she had to offer. Her cupcakes are SOO GOOD!! And she offers so many different flavors, it was hard to decide which ones we wanted. My husband actually loved the lemon flavor over the chocolate! Nonetheless, we ended up choosing 7 different flavors, all of which were AMAZING! Erin went above and beyond to secure us with the cupcake stands we really wanted. The night of the wedding, we were happy to find a small note from Erin wishing us a happy night and extra boxes to take leftover cupcakes home. Overall, everything was perfectly displayed and we couldn’t be happier! Highly recommend to anyone looking for great, friendly service, and affordable, delicious cupcakes!

Sent on 07/01/2017

Kim · Married on 12/18/2016

Erin put together a beautiful dessert table of cupcakes and cake for our wedding and she was absolutely wonderful to work worth!! She was very responsive to emails and had some great ideas for our wedding, and was very accommodating to every request. All of our guests couldn’t wait to dig in (we faced a wall of hungry guests after the cake cutting) and they all raved about them afterwards. She has seasonal flavors as well as the flavors listed on the website.
    We booked Sugar Mamas because of their great prices and gluten free options, and Erin’s genuine sweetness was a wonderful bonus! Unbeknownst to us at the time, my friend who’s wedding was years previous and inspired us to go the cupcake route when we saw and tasted her delicious cupcakes at her wedding actually used Sugar Mama’s too! We’ve already recommended them to another friend who has also signed with them for their wedding.
    Even though Sugar Mamas is an hour drive from us, we go there for all our sweet-treat needs now!

Sent on 02/18/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/05/2016

Sugar Mama's did an outstanding job making, delivering, and setting up our wedding cupcakes! We received so many compliments throughout the night about how delicious the cupcakes were and how beautiful the display was. Erin is so easy to work with and her price can't be beat. You will not be disappointed by Sugar Mama's!!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Kendra · Married on 05/20/2016

Erin is fantastic at what she does - from the first cake tasting right up until the day of the wedding - Erin was in contact with me and very accommodating to anything I needed. Her cupcakes were SO GOOD and she has so many flavors to chose from. It was a pleasure working with her.

Sent on 05/28/2016

Shannon · Married on 11/07/2015

Erin at Sugar Mamma's did a peacock themed tower of cupcakes for our wedding. It came out beautiful. She let us pick out multiple flavors and they were all delicious! Her prices are very reasonable compared to the competition and the quality does not lack. It's obvious she's passionate about what she does. I would recommend her work to any bride or groom.

Sent on 01/13/2016

Kayla · Married on 10/09/2015

Erin was fantastic! We weren't the easiest customers to work with (I am gluten free and my husband doesn't eat dessert), but Erin made the planning fun and exciting. She gave us some great ideas and made everything very personal. She was very creative and even made a special "groomsman" cake for my husband with his favorite baseball team. We chose to have a cupcake table with eight different flavors and multiple gold stands. The presentation was beautiful! It really added to the elegance of the ballroom. I highly recommend using Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats for your next wedding or event!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/04/2015

Erin at Sugar Mamas is fantastic! Her love of baking shows through her amazingly delicious, super creative cupcakes. I cannot tell you how many compliments I received on the flavors (white wedding, killer chocolate, pumpkin spice, apple crunch, pine colada and coffee toffee heath bar.) Her presentation of the cupcakes was stunning, from the cake stand décor, to the scattered flowers around the cupcakes, to the 8 inch cake on top with the monogram and rhinestones, the cake looked EXACTLY the way I had anticipated it to look and I cannot be more thankful for her professionalism and expertise. Erin is one of the sweetest people, I am thankful and so lucky to have had her be such a huge part of our special day. THANK YOU ERIN!

Sent on 10/30/2015
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/12/2015

Erin is AWESOME in every way, she definitely caters to your every desire for your wedding. We changed our date and location just weeks before our wedding and Erin was more than willing to accommodate that for us. She even comes to your reception site and sets up for you. Her cakes are delicious and her prices are amazing but even better her personality is amazing. I would definitely be utilizing her for my next cake order.

Sent on 05/09/2016
  • User3372007 · 2+ years ago

Erin at Sugar Mamas is amazing! From the moment we met with her to do a tasting she had so many great ideas. We could not decide if we wanted a three tiered traditional wedding cake or cupcakes so we could do multiple flavors. It came down to how delicious and well priced Erin's cupcakes are. We were able to have 5 different flavors of cupcakes and every one of them went! Not to mention how beautiful they were decorated and placed on the tower. Whether you are needing cupcakes for a party or wedding - Sugar Mamas is the best out there!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Amy · Married on 05/31/2014

Erin at Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats was fantastic! I always assumed I would have a wedding cake, until I tried her cupcakes!! I was instantly sold. Our cupcake tasting was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning :) We ended up with pina colada, lemon sunshine, nutella hazelnut and killer chocolate, and they were all AMAZING! I have received numerous rave reviews of wedding guests. The tower was stunning and Erin was very accommodating to our special requests for ribbon colors, additional giant cupcakes and special stands.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2012

I dealt with Erin, and she is so nice and friendly! We had cupcakes for our wedding, with no cake to cut since we are not into all of the formal traditions. All of the cupcakes we tasted were delicious and it was hard to choose which flavors we wanted for the wedding! YUM! Price was fantastic and she had everything setup without me having to stress. You definitely need to check out Sugar Mamas, even if you aren't getting married!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Kim · Married on 07/23/2012

Erin at Sugar Mamas is amazing. We ended up
    Ordering cupcakes instead of a cake not only because it saved us so much money but there was much more flexibilty and they are so much cuter. We ordered 5 different flavors as well as a giant cupcake to cut. Everyone LOVED them. They had different options to
    Choose from and they were all equally delicious. They also rented us a stand to
    Display them which was really pretty. It had four different tiers. I would recommend them
    For any type of party. I'm actually looking to use them for a couple parties
    Coming up.

Sent on 08/08/2012
  • Sara

Sara G · Married on 08/24/2019

Bridal Shower Gone Bad

This was the worst cupcake I have ever had...hands down. These were ordered for my bridal shower and literally no one ate them, which was very embarrassing since we had these instead of a cake. They tasted extremely dry and stale. I literally could’ve made boxed cupcakes better than these. To prove to you how bad they were since we had so many leftover I had a family member try to take them to a birthday party afterwards since we had so many leftover and none of the kids would eat them there either. Please, if you are trying to host a special event and don’t want to be embarrassed and look like you bought day old cupcakes from stop n shop then stay away from this place. They are not cheap and definitely not worth the price. Plenty of other places out there are more affordable and taste way better. If this place is really making their cupcakes this dry then they seriously need to either reconsider the recipe or stop selling old cupcakes to people that are paying good money and expecting good quality products. Super disappointed.

In response, to the owner's reply below: You left voicemail messages offering to refund the money for the cupcakes saying that you have a small business and the bad review would hurt your business, so I, the bride agreed to take down the review since you were offering to refund the money for the cupcakes because I was trying to be sympathetic to you and wanted to be done with this nightmare. When my sister accepted your offer to be refunded you sent her this message: "My husband was so upset after reading the thread between us that he sent it to our lawyer. He said I have a good case you are defacing my name online over 3 dozen cupcakes after originally saying how much everyone enjoyed and sending pictures. Then you are blackmailing me by saying the review will be down after reimbursement. We sent screenshots of this to all 6 review sites already. He advised me to let you know this is harassment and will be in touch with you this week. Please do not contact me again." My sister was nice to you and was honest and initially told you the cupcakes were good without even trying one yet and after the shower cleaning up and seeing all the cupcakes left behind and more than half left not eaten and asking guests who were trying to be polite and tell us in a nice way they weren't good. You have made this whole process extremely uncomfortable and unprofessional and as a customer it is my right to post a review about my experience and make the public aware of what an interaction with you is like if you are an unsatisfied customer. Telling a customer that they are blackmailing you and harassing you and defacing your name online and telling us to stop contacting you after you keep calling and messaging offering to refund us is both crazy and awful. Your post said you would love to speak to us live to see if you can rectify the situation. How is that possible when you told us not contact you again accusing us of harassing you? Frankly, we don't care about the money, your stale cupcakes ruined my bridal shower and there's no money that can cover that. I just hope no one has to go through what we went through with purchasing anything from you. It is insulting that you are portraying us, the customers as people that are trying to blackmail you for free cupcakes because you can't handle negative feedback. The cupcakes were not good at all and judging by the way you treat your customers, I'm not sure how you're even still in business. We have contacted the Attorney General and provided the voicemail messages and texts on your behalf because this is completely unacceptable behavior to have with a customer. I will be sure to let everyone know about how awful this experience has been.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats's reply:

We are very sorry that you had a bad experience at Sugar Mama’s. We here at Sugar Mama’s always stand behind our products and are more than happy to go the extra mile to make your experience here is a pleasant one. Sugar Mama’s is a small business and we value ALL of our customers and pride ourselves in their utmost satisfaction.

It’s surprising that you found a problem with your order, your cupcakes were part of a larger batch that we made for a wedding on the same day. We had no complaints from the other party, and in fact, they were extremely pleased with their order and stated that most of their cupcakes were eaten by the guests.

Initially your sister, who placed the order, messaged us on the day of the event that the party “was wonderful and the cupcakes were amazing”. She also never mentioned any issues the next day when she messaged us again that you would be dropping off the stands. Those were the same stands that we had waived the rental fees as a favor on the day that she picked up of the cupcakes.

On Monday morning, two days after the event, your sister, again messaged us that, on the night of then event, she “noticed that there were a lot left half eaten at the tables and still had 16 left at the end of the shower”, she then followed with another message that "I sent you the text initially because people were saying they were good" which was a bit baffling and contradictory to the initial message. Out of the 3 dozen you purchased, 16 were left, so 20 were consumed, but you yourself stated that “literally no one ate them”.

On the last message from your sister Monday afternoon, she stated that “My sister says that she will take down the reviews if you are willing to reimburse”. Again, not the normal process that most folks take when dissatisfied when a service or product.

We would be more than happy to share all of the messages your sister sent to us, as we kept all the copies. If it helps, we would be happy to speak live to see if we can rectify the situation.