Sugar Creek Country Club Reviews

31 | Sugar Land, TX

31 Reviews for Sugar Creek Country Club

Sugar Creek Country Club 1
Sugar Creek Country Club 2

Chelsea was a huge help and answered all of my questions about the venue. The facility was beautiful and my reception was perfect. The lighting of the ballroom was perfect and my photographer said that the natural light was the best for pictures.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Allyson · Married on 09/18/2010

4.2

I loved my wedding it turned out perfect, but it was a year of headaches. Zoe is a ***** she makes promises she can’t keep. We had to argue with her a lot, sorry we were on a budget! Zoe left the week before my wedding which freaked me out; but it worked out in the end and my final bill was lower than Zoe had said. So, Zoe leaving helped.

I loved how their packages included so much, so I didn’t have to search for cakes, DJ, etc... I used their centerpieces and just added rose petals by Suzanne’s Flowers. Everyone loved the reception we had there was perfect, and I don't regret choosing Sugar Creek. The food was perfect, it was beautiful, & classy. They did listen to what I wanted and everything was set up right when we arrived.

Like I said my main complaint was Zoe which is gone now. The prices were high, but best I could find in Sugar Land near our church (St. Laurence). Also, we talked them down on prices dont settle brides :)
    I wish I could have eaten the appetizers we looked forward to those, but my husband and I didn’t get to have any. Also, during the cake cutting I had to pretty much yell to get the country club to come help me... I didn’t know how to cut a wedding cake lol. Also, the seating arrangement was so off. The tables were not exactly like the chart we made. But, it worked out in the end!

Sent on 10/06/2010

Rebecca · Married on 04/23/2005

3.0

Sugar Creek did a really nice job and their place is beautiful. The only negative I had is that my husband and I did not receive any appetizers while we were taking pictures and did not get a take-home plate when we left. This I would not have really noticed except Lisa (the manager) pointed out during our talks that she would make sure this was available since we would most likely not have time to eat (which is true). Other than that, she did a great job and we had a great time.

Sent on 10/26/2007

3.6
      3.5
      3.5
      3.0

Sugar Creek Country Club is a beautiful venue. Our wedding was outdoors and I had a great time most of the night. I loved how our package included so much, so I didn’t have to search for cakes, DJ, etc... Everyone said the venue pn the green was gorgeous and they loved the reception. The food was delicious and everything was mostly set up when we arrived (I had a lot of DIY projects that my friends helped with).

My biggest complaint and frustration was that our coordinator left during the wedding and the room was very hot. We could not find anyone who seemed in charge other than the servers which seemed really unprofessional to me. All in all, I think we got a lot for what we paid and the wedding was sweet and fun. I just wonder why service the day of (the most important day) slacked off so much.

Sent on 07/14/2013

1.0

We met a the assistant, Jacqui, a year before the wedding. She made all these promises to us and made us feel like we were getting a good deal. After we signed the contract, she told us that the club was being renovated. We had told her that the reason we wanted to sign there was because we loved the old world look of the inside of the club (hardwood floors, old wallpaper, etc). She showed us the newly renovated board room which was an ugly and boring gray. We asked her if the rest of the club was to look like this, because if it was, then we wanted to void the contract. She went and asked her supervisor and told us that the rest of the club was just getting a "facelift" by refinishing the floors and changing the curtains, etc. All minor changes. We decided to stick with the contract. After the renovations were done, I went back to the club and there was a new assistant and the entire club was now the exact same as the board room (carpet and tile). The Catering Head, Lisa Bub, came to meet me and I told her what Jacqui had promised. She told me "Renovations are going to happen wherever you go, and you should have expected this." I reiterated what Jacqui had told me and she said, "Well all we changed were the walls and the floors."Isn't that an ENTIRE ROOM? She was rude and unprofessional and insulted me a few times calling me "adverse to change". We decided to just stick with the Club because of the timing. Then the new assistant Chelsea was hired. Chelsea was nice, and promised me that she would be by my side for most of the reception. I never saw her on the day of except when she offered to get me a drink. After 15 minutes of waiting, I got it myself. To top it off, my father caught one of the servers stealing our prime rib and hiding it in the closet. The only saving grace is that the price was inexpensive for what we got, their contracted vendors are great, and Chelsea (the new assistant caterer) was nice and worked with us.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Kamilia Putri · Married on 08/03/2019

2.2

Beware of hidden price

Beware of HIDDEN COST! Everything is business to them in the end.

For instance, we told them since day 1 that we want halal food. Suddenly a month before the wedding before the food tasting - they told us the price for HALAL food is more than regular food. They increase the price. Even though in restodepot meat price is the same. This sudden increase in price is out of our budget. They "helped" decrease the price to $2 - $3, but still this is after we "negotiate" with them.

During the day of the event, my in law requested to have 20 extra chairs. But wasn't told about the $1000 price just by having the 20 chairs. How can you have cooked 20 people extra food during the wedding event occasion itself? A day after the wedding ends, wedding organizer emailed just my dad and my mom ( who is from oversees) - she didn't email my in laws or myself - about this $1000 price increase. Hidden price.

During the wedding event, there were servers who clean the plates. They took out the plates - before the people finish eating them! As such, our guests have to grab another plate - and grab additional food - and can run out of food in the end.

Sent on 08/16/2019