54 Reviews for Sugar Bowl Resort

Cocktail Reception (2)
Dessert (2)
Outside Cake (2)
Shuttle (2)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
Aisle Markers (1)
54 Sugar Bowl Resort Reviews

Everything was amazing. The food and staff and location were all great! Everyone that attended was impressed. I would highly reccomend.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

Having skied at Sugar Bowl for several years, the resort held a special place in our hearts, and now that we were married there, it is even more special to my husband and me. Allison was fun to work with, attentive to our many silly questions, and very good at her job. The rest of the Sugar Bowl staff was equally helpful and friendly. Because Sugar Bowl employees do the set up, break down, and everything in between, we were able to have fun with our guests and each other instead of stressing about centerpieces. My husband and I have heard from many of our guests that ours was the most fun and beautiful wedding they have attended.

The cocktail hour at the top of Mt. Disney is absolutely worth doing. We had been up there many times in winter, but the wildflowers were going OFF during our late-August wedding, and I'm so excited to see our photographs from up there. Our guests loved the chair lift, as well. We loved not having to find a caterer (Sugar Bowl does catering in-house), and the food was amazing, too! Having many of our guests stay at the Village Lodge with us turned our big day into a fun weekend getaway and gave us more time with our many out-of-town friends and family. The Village Lodge basement area also worked perfectly for our after party (just add glowsticks and speakers).

I cannot recommend Sugar Bowl highly enough.

Profile Picture Alyson, 9/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

We got married at Sugar Bowl in July 2017 and it was the most magical and phenomenal place to have a wedding ever! Between the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountain scenery and the rustic ski-lodge vibe, it was the perfect place for my husband and I to tie the knot. We did the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception at The Lodge which made accommodations simple and easy for our mostly out-of-town guests. We opted for the Disney Chair cocktail hour which was one of the most epic, beautiful experiences ever---I would highly recommend it if it is within your budget! Allison (the wedding coordinator) was professional, responsive, and very organized and everything went very smoothly all the way through the process. She handled all the details from keeping us within budget, to helping put all the décor in place, and to guiding us through the day timely and with very little stress. Most our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to—this venue will absolutely not disappoint! Thanks Sugar Bowl, Allison, Jose and all of the staff!

Profile Picture Corrinne, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

Sugar Bowl turned out to be a great place to have a calm, relaxed, beautiful and delicious wedding. It would be hard to beat Sugar Bowl in value for a destination wedding. It was also great to be able to house 90 people directly on-site, and the remainder of the guests within 15 minutes.

We were caught in between two wedding coordinators (change occurred 2 months before wedding) but the changeover went well and the wedding went off without a hitch. The setting was amazing--natural beauty that can't be topped. Most important was that all the organization planning worked perfectly on the day of the wedding, AND the food (much to my surprise) was topnotch. The wedding reception dinner for 130 people was just as well prepared, hot, fresh and tasty as the tasting for six had been three months before. I had expected the quality to go down but it did not. The salads, veggies and sides, salmon, beef, pasta and chicken were all amazingly well prepared. Kudos to the chef and team!!!

The flowers were done privately by the former wedding coordinator, and the coordination between her and Sugar Bowl was also seamless. (I have reviewed Meghon separately and would recommend her heartily.) The decorations we provided were placed and hung just as we requested.

My only criticism is that it would have been nice to have some market umbrellas shade us during the outdoor ceremony; plus the deck heaters could have been turned on earlier in the evening since it got chilly. These however are small things that did not mar our occasion. The alcohol was more expensive than we would have liked; but Sugar Bowl cooperated with our bringing some wine from off site.

I would strongly recommend Sugar Bowl, and would happily hold another event there. How great to have a business that really delivers what it promises with solid organization and a quality product.

Profile Picture Jean, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I wanted to be married "out of town"... my now husband!!! suggested we at least check out sugar bowl... the second we parked I knew it was the place. We took a tour with Meghon and picked a date the next day :) our dream wedding took place in a dream spot, it is truly a gorgeous and unique venue and with the lodge for your guests it makes the weekend feel more complete. They were flexible and helpful at every turn....not to mention the after hours party option in the basement !!! Our guests partied until 5 am and we didn't hear a peep after we crawled into bed either :). The food was delicious too-we had the halibut and I was so nervous to have fish at my wedding but it was YUMMY! I'm honestly hoping a friend gets married there so I can go as a guest!!!! Thank you Sugar Bowl staff-we really had the time of our lives! Simone and Carson

Profile Picture Simone, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our advice to a couple deciding to book their wedding at Sugar Bowl Resort is: do it. We were married at Sugar Bowl Resort in August, and the entire weekend was so perfect. We will try to keep this brief, as we could sing Sugar Bowl's praises for days.

From our first meeting with Meghon, we knew that there was no other place that could top Sugar Bowl Resort. Meghon helped us through literally EVERY part of the planning process. She was always responsive to all our questions and provided excellent advice. She made planning this extremely important day enjoyable and without stress!

As half our guests were from the East Coast, we wanted to create an entire weekend instead of one day. We booked the entire Lodge for our guests, which meant assigning hotel rooms to our close friends and family. Jose, Sydney and Lisa put up with all our changes and weekly emails, and helped us with all the hotel details. They were always responsive, and extremely professional. The hotel staff took care of everything from check-in to check-out (literally everything).

We choose to book Lake Mary for a lake day with our guests on Friday, as well as for our rehearsal dinner Friday night. The Sugar Bowl staff took care of every detail and the food and service was exceptional. The location was gorgeous for the rehearsal dinner, and after all our guests went back to the Beltroom Bar for cocktails and dessert. Shout out to all the great bartenders!!

Sugar Bowl really took care of everything: planning and coordination, vendor recommendations, lodging, food, decorations, flowers, and set up and take down. Amanda and Meghon worked with all our vendors to make sure everything on the day went smoothly and on time. The entire weekend was so perfect, and that is due to the attentiveness, professionalism and exceptional customer service of the entire Sugar Bowl Staff. We heard from many guests on Sunday that it was the best wedding that they ever went to, and we have to agree!! Thank you!

Profile Picture Leila, 8/20/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Sugar Bowl does absolutely amazing weddings!!!! They have a wedding coordinator Meghon who is fantastic, organized, and made our day stress free and fun. We also used her as our florist. Her personal work is beautiful. Meghon made sure all the accommodations we needed for my nephews with food allergies were safe, and made the weekend so relaxing and stress free it was perfect. We rented the lodge for our wedding, reception and rehearsal dinner. Everything went off just as planned. It was almost completely stress free. My mother, father nor I had to check on anything the day of the wedding. It was a very fun and enjoyable event. I loved that our family got to stay onsite and that we got to stay 3 nights and use the horse shoe puts, basement, and the outdoor fire pit was a hit with our guests who wanted the mountain feel! It was stunning!

Profile Picture Janique, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot say enough positive things about our experience at Sugar Bowl. Meghon is amazing and wonderful and helps out with all things venue related- she also has good recommendations for other vendors(photographer, DJ etc) and is an expert in all things wedding related. Meghon's assistant Amanda helped us coordinate things on 'the big day' and was also amazing and kept things on track, searched for a missing family member(he wasn't really missing), etc. The venue is gorgeous- we got more comments on this than anything else. We needed minimal decor because nature did all the work. But, the whole thing is outside and we lucked out with absolutely perfect weather for an absolutely perfect day! Thank you Sugar Bowl!

Profile Picture Krista, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access

We cannot say enough good things about Meghon and her team. Everything about our weding was perfect, and I can truly attribute that to the amazing staff. She was always responsive to email and budget conscious. This was especially true with flowers. She was on point with every vendor recommendation I asked for. She is crazy organized, which helped me to also be organized and or everything to go smoothly. Everyone always says stuff goes wrong at weddings, but seriously, I can't think of anything. Everyone also said it is some of the best wedding food they've had and the most amazing wedding they've been to. No one wanted to leave at the end of the weekend!
Additionally, the staff are amazing. Anything we asked for from anyone magically happened. Also one of our friend's flights was delayed and they landed in Reno at 1am. As you can imagine, it's difficult to find Sugar Bowl in the dark, especially when you've never been there. The front desk staff sat on the phone with them at 3am, helping them to navigate every turn and make sure they didn't get lost. This is level of customer service they had with every interaction with all of our guests and us all weekend.
Everything was amazing and I can't thank Meghon and her team enough for our perfect day. We had zero complaints from any guests about anything (amazing, seriously), besides the fact the weekend ended too soon. We can't say enough positive things and will never forget our weekend at Sugar Bowl. If we had to do it all over again, hands down, without hesitation we would use Sugar Bowl.

Profile Picture User4789314, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

The venue and service exceeded my expectations by a million! I knew it would be a beautiful venue, but I was literally blown away by how gorgeous the grounds were and how amazing the entire staff was! The service was phenomenal and everyone was so helpful! The lodge was awesome and all my friends and family were able to stay on-site so it was a great summer camp/dorm feel which everyone LOVED! Meghon was so helpful and responsive throughout the whole planning process. I literally wish I could have a wedding there every weekend. I hope a friend gets married there so I get to attend a wedding there soon! I can't say enough good things about the entire experience. It was seriously the wedding of my dreams!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

This outstanding venue and magnificent staff made for a once in a lifetime event for my son and daughter-in-law. The staff was accommodating and most helpful. They honored all our requests. Having guests stay at the lodge and surroundings condos made this 3 day gala magical. Anyone planning a very special event should look into this venue. You will be so glad you did. Hats off to Meghon, Lisa, and Jose. My heartfelt thanks to you.

Profile Picture User5293959, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Meghon was a true professional that delivered us a wedding that exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture Galen, 7/4/15, 1 Review

The Sugar Bowl staff was fantastic at planning and orchestrating
our wedding day. Because of this, our destination wedding was stressless and perfect for us in every way. Lake Mary was beautiful and fun a location, and the pictures were perfect.

Profile Picture Amy, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not ask for a more perfect venue for both my rehearsal dinner and wedding. We had our rehearsal dinner at Lake Mary, and we were taken back by this hidden gem in the Sierras. Our wedding was at the Village Lodge and my family and friends had so much fun spending the weekend at Sugar Bowl. Meghon and her staff made my entire wedding planning easy, and she gave me the wedding of my dreams. Meghon was also my florist and she did an incredible job with our flowers. I was speechless when I saw our arch, tables, and decor around the venue. The food at Sugar Bowl is amazing! I would highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Judi, 6/27/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The staff and venue at Sugar Bowl Resort far exceeded my expectations! We were on a fairly strict budget and so were forced to decline many of their extra options that were available (The Disney Chair Lift, the Lake Mary Rehearsal, floral services). Despite this, their most basic package included spectacular lighting and decor, a full weekend of devoted and attentive staff, and floral decorations around the lodge that were coordinated with our wedding flowers and colors! Furthermore, Meghon surprised us with adding her own finishing touches at the ceremony site, which were breathtaking. We asked for a reduced price menu and still received an assortment of main dishes, salads, and appetizers that had even the most foodie of our guests salivating! We received the kind of service one might expect if we had opted for ALL of their extra options! I highly recommend Meghon and her staff at Sugar Bowl Lodge for ANY special event you may be planning, especially your wedding.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Davie and I were married at Sugar Bowl Resort on June 6, 2015 and could not be more thrilled with the entire experience. From the very beginning to the very last moment, the Sugar Bowl team was exquisite. Meghon was the best wedding coordinator I could have imagined. Meghon was always available for questions and was incredibly helpful along with Amanda on making all our dreams come true for our day. When she first told me if we can dream it, they will make it happen, I wasn't sure it was possible. I have never been more happy to be wrong! Every single detail was perfect. Additionally, Chef Alan made the most incredible French-Vietnamese fusion meal for the 140 guests. From the walnut chicken to the filet and custom pho bar... the guests were so happy with the food and could not stop complimenting the chef. The entire crew set up the hotel with flowers, tables, and more to make every guest feel welcome and loved. The fire pit was awesome for s'mores and hanging out each night. The hotel was perfect! We had most of our guests staying at the hotel or in houses on the property. Jose was amazing getting all the rooms sorted out and helping all the guests. If you love a beautiful mountain setting and crave a weekend-long wedding event, this is absolutely the best place for you! I could not be more complimentary of Sugar Bowl. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Sugar Bowl was Fantastic!! They went above and beyond to help my crazy group!

Profile Picture Jennie, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

My husband and I got married at the Sugar Bowl Village Lodge on August 23rd. Before I get into just how awesome the staff was the weekend of our wedding, just a few reasons that we chose Sugar Bowl:

1. Compared to the outdoor venues we were looking at the in the San Francisco Bay Area and the other ski resorts in the area, Sugar Bowl was an absolute steal! Plus, included in the price is Meghon, their in-house wedding planner, who seriously kept me sane during the planning process, as well as free lift tickets when you come to do your tasting.

2. The Village Lodge is yours for the weekend. No other people to deal with. Just you and your loved ones. The bridal suite is also comped.

As for the wedding itself, I am definitely a Type A person who did a ton of DIY before the wedding. I showed up to Sugar Bowl Friday afternoon and was tired, stressed, and worried about how things would turn out. Come Friday night, though, I was completely relaxed and was able to truly enjoy the wedding weekend. Every time I turned around, something else had been set up perfectly by the staff--decorations, cake, flowers, DJ equipment. I didn't have to lift a finger all weekend. They coordinated everything with the vendors as well. They took care of the entire rehearsal dinner, the post-rehearsal festivities, the wedding, reception, and Sunday brunch. Literally, everything was perfect, and this was huge because it let me bask in the happiness of marrying the man I love. Other people even commented that the staff were able to solve every problem before the guests even knew it was a problem.

There's also a lot of freedom to customize your wedding into something that reflects you and your partner. Meghon was totally open to all our ideas (even the crazy ones!). We had hiking, yoga, lawn games, post-rehearsal pizza, bride & groom cock

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

We hosted our daughter's wedding at Sugar Bowl's Lake Mary venue. For the year leading up to the wedding, communication was easy and thorough. Meghon was extremely friendly and professional providing us lists, venue visits, and a tasting. For the rehearsal and event, Amanda took over. Amanda was a delight. She answered all our questions and managed the site with a friendly demeanor. All of the Sugarbowl employees were friendly and professional. Lake Mary is stunningly beautiful for an outdoor wedding. Many of our guests commented on the gorgeous scenery, fabulous food, and fun activities set up for the reception. My daughter and I are Tahoe locals and we looked at nearly every venue in and around Tahoe. Sugarbowl was the best price and provided the best service.

Profile Picture Christine, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used Sugar Bowl for a destination wedding weekend and Meghon and her staff were attentive, helpful, very responsive and overall wonderful. I am the mother of the groom so we hosted a Friday night welcome dinner for all guests at Lake Mary and the setting was fabulous, excellent service, and great food. In addition to the event coordination, I also worked with Meghon on the flower center pieces for the tables which were perfect for the venue. She has a wealth of knowledge, is detailed orientated and her coordination let us enjoy the event rather than worry about the details. The wedding ceremony and reception the next day was picture perfect, once again with excellent service and great food.

Profile Picture User4266058, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my experience with Sugar Bowl and my wedding. The staff was amazingly helpful and willing to go the extra distance everytime. I did a LOT of shopping for venues in the Tahoe/Truckee area and this is by far the beat deal available. The affordable price came with so many extra perks (like the wedding coordinator) that you just don't get at the other local venues. I wish I could get married at Lake Mary again!!

Profile Picture Kate, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We thought Meghon and the entire Sugar Bowl staff were very friendly and helpful. The pricing seemed very fair and straightforward and the setting was incredible.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Sugarbowl is amazing. We originally chose the location because of sentimental value (my husband taught me to ski here) but were blown away at what a perfect wedding venue it turned out to be. Staff are always friendly and go above and beyond. The wedding co-ordinator Meghon was so easy to work with and always made herself available whenever we needed something. She also did our flowers for the wedding and they were gorgeous. She worked with what I wanted but added her own touch and they turned out beautifully.
Both my husband and I grew up in Canada so most of our guests had travelled quite a ways to be at our wedding. Sugarbowl was such a special place as you have the whole resort to yourself for 3 days. It was a spectacular setting to have a family reunion. Many of our family members had never been to Tahoe and were blown away. Everyone said it was the best wedding venue they had ever experienced.
We did the chairlift for cocktail hour and had drinks and appetizers at the top of the mountain. It was spectacular and worth every penny.
The food was delicious!! We were very impressed and everyone was raving about it.
The fire pit that was lit every night was also a highlight. Smores for the kids then late-night talks with our family and friends sitting in Adarondak chairs around the camp fire was a great way to cap off the evenings.
The prices were reasonable and the co-ordinator Meghon made suggestions to help us stay within our budget. There were no surprises when we saw the bill.
I would would say that Sugarbowl as the perfect wedding venue. I have no regrets and would have my wedding there again in a heartbeat. We have perfect memories of our wedding day thanks to Sugarbowl.

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/1/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

Sugar Bowl was an amazing venue to have my wedding! The venue was stunning, the chair lift was incredible, the food was great, and the Sugar Bowl staff and Meghon were so accommodating the entire weekend. Working with Meghon during my engagement really helped, she was always quick to answer emails and worked with me on things that I wanted to do a little bit differently than what their norm was.

I loved being able to have The Village lodge exclusively for the weekend. Having the rehearsal dinner there too made the weekend feel like a big family/friend reunion. I was told by many guests that my wedding was one of their favorite weddings they've been too, the chairlift really gives guests an awesome experience.

Love, Love, Love!! :)