Sugar and Scribe Bakery Fine Food Reviews

Sugar and Scribe Bakery Fine Food 3
Sugar and Scribe Bakery Fine Food 4
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 10/20/2018

Vanilla Cake for the Win!

After looking into so many bakeries for our wedding cake and cupcakes, we ultimately were drawn to Sugar & Scribe for their taste, presentation, and overall energy that the S&S team provided! On our initial tasting (nominal $30 fee), Ray helped guide us through their cupcake varieties and work through our vision. You will sample all their current in-house flavors, so come with an appetite. You will also try some seasonal flavors as well- keep in mind if you're tasting for a different season. If you want matching colors, they have all the sprinkles and luster dust you can think of. We weren't too complicated as all we wanted was a semi-nude cake and a couple cupcakes to go with- nothing crazy or anything like that. As the wedding planning ensued, our original vision grew to a tiered cake with over 100 mini cupcakes! When everything unfolded on our wedding day, we cold not express how happy we were to see what Maeve and her team helped create! Our vanilla tiered cake that was reserved didn't last for us as I ate it all, and the chocolate salted caramel and the elderberry cupcakes were a hit with everyone in attendance! Definitely will come back to La Jolla just to visit Sugar & Scribe!

Sent on 02/09/2019
    Sugar and Scribe Bakery Fine Food 5
    Sugar and Scribe Bakery Fine Food 6

Nicollette · Married on 09/08/2017

Thoroughly obsessed with how our wedding cake turned out!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Cassie · Married on 07/07/2017

Jade went above and behind for everything I needed for my wedding cake!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Cheryl · Married on 06/18/2017

Wedding pies for.my.son and his bride. They were beautiful and delicious. the team were wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 07/25/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/17/2017

Our cake was an absolute show stopper - everything I wanted and then some! Sugar and Scribe made my dream wedding cake possible, and they were so fun to work with. Not only was our cake gorgeous and exactly as I'd imagined it, but it was delicious. In fact, countless people later called to ask us what bakery is was from, and where they could have more of that cake! Love Sugar and Scribe!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Rene · Married on 06/16/2017

Thank you so much Maeve and the Sugar & Scribe team for a beautiful and delicious wedding cake! My wife and I got the first cut and the rest disappeared. Everyone loved it!

Sent on 01/06/2018
    Sugar and Scribe Bakery Fine Food 7
    Sugar and Scribe Bakery Fine Food 8

GABE · Married on 05/12/2017

Words can't describe on how amazing, kind, caring, responsive and creative Sugar and Scribe truly is. From the moment we stepped in there cute cafe to have breakfast we knew this is a pace that want to make our cake. The cake taste was fun and the hardest part was narrowing it down to which flavors we wanted as they were all delicious. We couldn't have been happier with them and will highly recommend them to anyone and we plan on stopping by when we are in town again to get more goodies as everything they do comes out perfect.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/21/2017

We used Sugar and Scribe for our dessert bar at our wedding and they were AMAZING! The taste, appearance, quality, and service was seriously great! And they were SO flexible and reasonably priced. They also made me a huckleberry vegan wedding cake that was honestly one of the best cakes I've ever had in my entire life!!! Working with Jade was also an absolute pleasure! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Tiffany · Married on 03/31/2017

Sugar and Scribe helped make our wedding day so special with their amazing cake. Everyone raved over how beautiful it was, as well as how great it was. It was perfectly moist and flavorful. We even came back about a month later and got some mini cupcakes, the same Raspberry flavor as our cake. We will definitely be going back for our anniversary to get some more.

Sent on 07/28/2017

shweta · Married on 03/11/2017

I cannot find fault with Jade and her team! For every order, they have provided excellent service, amazing talent and the most delicious and beautiful cakes!

Sent on 07/24/2017
  • Michelle C.

Michelle · Married on 02/04/2017

We loved Sugar + Scribe! For the quality of desserts, we expected to pay top dollar (which would have been worth it), but it was surprisingly AFFORDABLE! Their cakes and desserts are DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL, and can also be delivered on the day of the wedding!! We ordered a traditional wedding cake, a specially designed groom’s cake, cupcakes, donuts, and cookies. Our guests raved about how beautiful and tasty everything was. Sugar + Scribe set up the desserts at our reception; everything was perfect and required zero work from us on our wedding day.

We strongly recommend doing the tasting at their store in La Jolla! You get to taste many of their flavors for cake and frosting, and it is an enjoyable experience. We worked with Jade who is friendly and makes the experience a fun one. She will help you decide the perfect flavors and designs to fit your style and guests. You should definitely order your wedding cake and desserts from Sugar + Scribe, you will not be disappointed!!! WE LOVED THEM!!!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Bethany · Married on 01/15/2017

Awesome! We received an amazing product the day of our wedding day and it was easy to work with Jade leading up to the event. Enjoy the tasting experience! My husband and I already loved S&S, so we had a great time eating all of the different flavors and sitting down with Jade to finalize our plan!

Sent on 02/09/2017

NAncy · Married on 12/31/2016

Jade,
    The wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! Also Jennifer's "LAB" cake you did for her birthday was so precious. The artwork was amazing and I told the guy to tell you when I returned the cake stand how spectacular it was. It took a lot of time and talent and everyone loved it! (especially Justin and Jennifer). Thanks for the great memories!
    Nancy

Sent on 01/24/2017

Darci · Married on 12/20/2016

If you want an exquisite, delicious and stunning wedding cake choose Sugar and Scribe Bakery to do the work. We planned a destination wedding to San Diego and everything that was promised was perfect. We couldn't have dreamed of a more beautiful cake!! It was very delicious!!! We did cut and serve to our guests at the wedding dinner (It was way too beautiful to cut!) It truly was a perfect masterpiece and my pictures of it turned out like a magazine front cover! You should definitely let them help make your special day absolutely top notch! We couldn't have been more pleased!
    Thank You Sugar and Scribe! We recommend you highly!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Sugar & Scribe did a fantastic job creating the wedding cake we had envisioned for our special day. We would highly recommend them to all couples looking for a wedding cake vendor.

Sent on 01/23/2017

brooke · Married on 11/12/2016

YES YES YES! Sugar and Scribe hit the ball out of the park. My husband and I had a three tier vanilla/buttercream cake and a quarter sheet carrot cake for the grooms cake. Maeve and Jade were very friendly and worked with me through everything. I would highly recommend to any friend of mine!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Michelle · Married on 11/05/2016

Sugar and Scribe provided desserts for my wedding in November 2016. I looked endlessly at other bakeries that would do an assorted desserts menu and tasted at two other places. This place had the best tasting desserts and were even the least expensive!

Ordered assorted desserts but still wanted a small 8" cake for cutting and family. They did a great job personalizing what flavors we wanted, and even added a little bit of glitter to some items to spruce them up!

Maeve came and used the flowers from the florist to decorate the cake herself. The cake was delicious and moist. We should have definitely ordered more - we didn't account for lots of drunk people taking more than the usual amount of dessert! If you think your guests will get the drunk munchies, I definitely recommend ordering more than recommended because all of the desserts were gone within 10 minutes.

Maeve did a beautiful, clean job on the cake and the assorted desserts were delicious. Now I just want to go back for brunch and a macaron! :)

Sent on 02/13/2017

Melanie · Married on 10/29/2016

Sugar and Scribe is absolutely amazing and made our wedding day sweet and perfect! From the cake tasting to our big day they were friendly, helpful, and absolutely amazing! I had the pleasure of working with Jade and Maeve and they helped me come up with such wonderful ideas for my wedding cake and the cupcakes to accompany it. They had such cool and delicious flavors to choose from and we couldn't just choose one! We ended up getting a few different flavors including pistachio, peanut butter-chocolate, and raspberry, which were all scrumptious but we are OBSESSED with the elderberry flavor. We can't wait to order it again for anniversaries and special occasions! They traveled all the way to a little winery in Ramona for our wedding and delivered our cake and cupcakes on time and in perfect condition. They did such a beautiful job with the frosting and the cake and cupcakes were moist and beyond delicious! So good that my guests begged to take leftovers home! I definitely reccomend working with Sugar and Scribe to any bride, groom, or person who wants their event to have the most beautiful and delicious desserts!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Kathryn · Married on 10/15/2016

The service, flexibility, and food from this bakery all exceeded expectations. I had a pre-wedding tea party here and we got our mini desserts and wedding cake from Sugar and Scribe. I would absolutely recommend them for weddings or parties!

Sent on 02/04/2017

Kimberly · Married on 09/23/2016

Sugar and Scribe made the most beautiful gluten-free pastries for our wedding. We settled on the red velvet for our cake and ordered pie bites in strawberry-rhubarb and mixed berry and everything was so delicious. The red velvet was super rich and chocolatey plus moist and you would never know it was gluten free. On top of being everything being scrumptious the cake was gorgeous, semi-naked with flowers it was so beautiful my dessert table was stunning.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Lisa · Married on 08/03/2016

Besides the professional service you'll receive from Maeve and her team, you'll also get the delicious sweets. The cake was incredible! We did cupcakes for our guests and we've been getting so many compliments, even now. I definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Cara · Married on 06/03/2016

YUM!!!!! Sugar and Scribe did our wedding desserts and everything was amazingly delicious! We had a small round cake just for us, and mini pies and cupcakes for the guests. Everyone was raving about them all night and we've still been craving them ever since.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Denise · Married on 05/07/2016

The best! I wrote Maeve a frantic email because my original cake baker unexpectedly decided to "take a break" from wedding cakes about 8 weeks before my wedding. She happily said she could do it for us. We only got a cake topper for the cake cutting at our wedding but still...she saved us. She was very nice, patient and promised us she would not drop out on us haha. She fit us in for a tasting right away and we showed her our design ideas. She gave us a price, we told her which flavor and that was that! So easy. The cake was beautiful and delicious! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 02/21/2017

Betsy · Married on 08/21/2015

Sugar and Scribe provided our cake to cut, as well as cupcakes for our wedding. Every flavor was so wonderful at our tasting it was hard to pick our favorites. The option to pick many flavors is great. The frosting is divine! I called the week of my wedding to make sure everything was all set, and they followed through with everything just great. The only change I would make is making sure they let my planner know which flavor was which the day of, obviously wasn't a make or break it since they were all so good, but would have been nice to know before hand. It also would have been nice to have a box to take our cake home in. All in all, I would recommend Maeve and Sugar and Scribe to anyone and I can't wait to go back!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Prue · Married on 02/28/2015

Planned my wedding from out of state and had to rely on reviews to find someone to make desserts. Found Sugar and Scribe thruogh google and yelp, and was very hopeful. Planned and paid for everything weeks before the wedding, and finally got there a week prior to walking down the aisle to taste the desserts. Everything was DELICIUOS!! i was super surprised, too! i'm a very picky eater and thought i'd end up with some plain chocolate cupcakes, some chocolate chip cookies, and some brownies, but i was so very pleasantly surprised. She made some scrumptious cupcakes, my favorite being the orange creamsicle, and my husband's being the tieramasu. Then her mini pies were super yummy, honestly we had such a hard time picking and choosing that she had to put a limit of how many different things we could have. Out of everyone i hired to help with my wedding, Sugar and Scribe is my very top favorite. No regrets. No problems. Everything was perfect. Next time i'm in the area, i'm going in for another few bites.

Sent on 04/02/2015