Sue Jacobs Cakes Reviews

133 | Gilbert, AZ

133 Reviews for Sue Jacobs Cakes

Katrina · Married on 01/17/2015

Best cake ever! I loved the cake she made for our wedding! It was exactly what I wanted! The way she placed the flowers on the cake made it look even more amazing. Everyone loved how it tasted. The cake itself was perfect. Super moist, and so delicious. The filling was just as great, so creamy and sweet. I highly suggest using Sue for your nest event, I know I will!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Katrina, it was my pleasure to create your wedding cake and be a part of your day. Thank you for your "Oh so sweet" words!

Elisa · Married on 01/03/2015

Sue was so very nice! We met with her to design a cake and later I changed my mind and she made it so easy. It turned out beautiful. I never had to stress about my wedding cake. Oh, and the cake is also delicious!

Sent on 01/13/2015

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to say such kind things about us and our business. We love what we do, and appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Sue by far has the best cake I have ever tasted. The cake is so moist and the frosting that that she uses is perfect, in that it's not too sweet. Not only does her cake taste AMAZING but her service is top notch. She was always on top of keeping in contact with me and the few times I met her in person she remembered me and all of the details. I would definitely recommend Sue and hope to be able to go to her every year for a special anniversary treat!

Sent on 12/26/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your sweet review. We are so happy we had the opportunity to create the centerpiece for your wedding reception. Thank you again.
  • Justin

Justin · Married on 11/10/2014

Thank you sue for the yummy cake!!! Everyone commented on how nice it looked and tasted!!! :) was great working with you, so stress free (just what we wanted). Thank you again, we will defiantly reccomend you to anyone looking for a cake :)
    Sophie and justin LaPolla 11.10.14

Sent on 12/04/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for writing such a kind and thoughtful review. It was our pleasure to have a small part of your special wedding day.

Kari · Married on 11/08/2014

Our cake was beautiful and perfect..
    After changing the entire cake design multiple times from our first meeting, i was nervous how it was going to look but it was even better than i had expected and of course tasted delicious as always!

Thank you Sue! <3

Sent on 12/04/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Creating your cake Kari was a pure delight. Loved creating both you and your sister Sam's wedding cake too. Thank you for such a sweet review. Appreciate you.

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2014

Amazing! The cake was not only delicious but decorated beautifully! Sue understood my vision and made it happen!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Jessica! We appreciate you and your sweet comments!

Kaylie · Married on 10/31/2014

What can I say about Sue Jacobs and her cakes? Sue is an absolutely wonderful lady and she really cares that the brides that she works with are happy with the end result. Sue definitely listened to everything I wanted for my wedding cake and help figure out how to get everything I wanted in my cake while still having it be beautiful in photographs. She was amazing in that she kept in contact with me during the entire year before my wedding to ensure she was collecting the information she needed for colors, designs, locations, etc as decisions were being made on my end. Her cakes are absolutely delicious! They are some of the most tasty, moist, delicious works of art I have ever seen. I appreciate her patience with my now husband and I as we decided on cake flavors, even inviting us to another venue to try a flavor she did not bring to open house at our venue! Sue is truly the best and I will keep her mind for all my cake needs in the future!

Sent on 03/13/2015

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Kaylie! We appreciate you and your sweet words. Thanks again for the opportunity to be a part of your special day.

Hattie · Married on 10/25/2014

DELICIOUS! This was the best cake I have ever had the pleasure to try! Sue, thank you for everything in planning and making the wedding such a success. The cake was perfect and just as I had imagined (better!). We will see each other again!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Hattie! Loved working with you! Such a sweet bride. Thank you for your kind words.

Judy · Married on 10/13/2014

Sue provided a beautiful and tasty cake with just five days notice! She was wonderful to work with and provided just what we wanted. I was so thankful. It was interesting, to say the least, to literally plan a wedding in one day and having someone as nice, professional and flexible as Sue was amazing!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Just five days notice, but we made it happen. Pleasure to have the honor to be a part of your day.

Jodie · Married on 08/01/2014

Sue was absolutely amazing! Completely flexible! Her cakes are absolutely delicious! I could go on an on about how amazing she is! I would recommend her to any and every bride!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Jodie! Loved creating your "Best Day Ever" wedding cake. Thank you for the sweet review.

Barbara · Married on 07/05/2014

Found Sue Jacobs Cakes on Yelp when looking for a cake for my daughter's wedding reception. Sue is great to work with. Everyone loved the cake. I don't think there was any left (except for the top tier that we took inside to save for their anniversary). My daughter decided to go with fresh flowers on her cake and she said the flowers on the cake came out even better than she imagined. If you want a beautiful and delicious cake I definitely recommend Sue Jacobs Cakes!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Alyssa · Married on 06/21/2014

He cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing everyone enjoyed it!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for writing such a kind review. We appreciate you.

Michael · Married on 06/21/2014

Talented, Amazing, and Caring are only a few words but Sue deserves so much more! When we showed up to our tasting meeting with Sue it was like we were having cake and coffee with a family friend! If we could have, we would have made our cake out of all the flavors that we tried that morning! Sue did a great job of capturing Lizzy's vision of a vintage theme and our cake was beautiful and amazing! Sue, thanks for everything!
    -Lizzy and Mike

Sent on 07/05/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED having the honor to work with Lizzy and Mike! Thei wedding at Noah's was lovely and we were so happy to have a small part.

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2014

Sue was an absolute joy to work with. She was willing to meet us near her home in Gilbert instead of her shop in north Mesa because it was less of a drive for us. She was also very flexible when it came to working within our budget, something I appreciated immensely.

As for the cake... it's phenomenal. We chose the lemon chiffon cake with vanilla filling and our second layer was a vanilla cake with strawberry creme filling. Both were superb. I tried several bakeries over the course of my wedding planning and Sue's were absolutely the moistest and the icing was an enhancement of the cake flavors rather than being overwhelmingly sweet. The cake was delivered on time and looked absolutely beautiful.

I would absolutely recommend Sue for a delicious, stunning wedding cake. :)

Sent on 05/23/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Such a pleasure to create your wedding cake. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your very special day.

Tera · Married on 05/17/2014

Hi Sue!!

I wanted to take a minute to thank you for the beautiful and super delicious cake and cupcakes!!! I know that you probably hear "I'm not really a cake person" all the time, and it is absolutely true in my case....well, usually. Can I just tell you that the top tier of my cake didn't make it through the night?! I personally ate the whole thing! Yep! That's right! I grabbed a fork and demolished that beautiful piece of cake right out of the box!!! It was so good and I can promise you this, I won't be eating cake unless it comes from you!

Thank you again for making our special day that much sweeter!

Lots of love,
    Tera & Jeremy Barnes

Sent on 06/05/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

True pleasure to create your wedding cake and cupcakes. Thank you for the darling review :)

Mark · Married on 04/27/2014

We can't rave enough about Sue Jacobs Cakes! They are absolutely, out of this world delicious. Sue has incredible attention to detail, making every inch of your cake decorations and flavor top notch. We are so grateful that she was also so accommodating and was willing to make a personal size cake that was gluten free for one of our family members. She is wonderful about keeping in touch, confirming your order, and ensuring that details of your cake are exactly as you want them. We highly recommend Sue Jacobs Cake as one of your vendors!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are always striving for excellence. So glad that we met and exceeded your expectations! Thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet review.
    Sue Jacobs Cakes

Erin · Married on 03/22/2014

Sue Jacobs did my wedding cake and I could not have asked for a better baker. She did an absolutely splendid job. I wanted a newer design for a cake, a Naked Cake (no frosting except between the cake layers...google image search for it and you'll see a bajillion examples), and had interviewed and tasted other bakers around the city. Most of them hadn't heard of the idea before and then told me they could do it but they really didn't like the idea of a "naked cake" for various reasons - some thought the idea was just stupid. Sue not only told me she could do the cake but she was ECSTATIC to do her very first Naked Cake; she said it was all the rage in cake decorating.

I had numerous phone chats with Sue to make sure were on the same page for this cake (I was actually ordering from Washington and didn't meet her until the wedding day), and Mom went to taste the cakes. Sue is just a delight to talk to and work with. As for the cake, it was EXACTLY what I wanted, the most beautiful color of cake and frosting and the flowers were flawlessly placed. The cake tasted fabulous. I was afraid the outer edges of the cake might become dry because there was no frosting to keep the moisture in, but it was a perfectly moist cake and the frosting! Oh, the frosting. Best frosting I've ever had. Ever. Really. You won't regret your Sue Jacobs Cake!!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Our first NAKED cake! Thank you for having the confidence for us to make the centerpiece for your reception. Meeting you for the first time on your wedding day was extra special as well!

Jill · Married on 03/15/2014

Sue was so great to work with! She helped me figure out a design that turned out beautiful! Her cakes are amazing. A lot of guests commented on how great the cake was. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 03/23/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Jill! How sweet of you to write such a sweet review. Thank you, again!

Andrea · Married on 03/15/2014

Sue Jacobs made us an amazing cake! Not only did it taste very very good but it was beautiful and exactly what we asked for. Sue was great about checking in with us and making sure our count had not changed and verifying our plans for the cake. She even matched the ribbon on the cake to the color the bridesmaids wore. It is the little things like that which make Sue Jacobs Cakes absolutely the best choice for your wedding day. We still get compliments from friends and family about how great the cake tasted and looked.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Andrea! We were honored to be a part of your day.

I cannot express how wonderful Sue did on our cake! Not only did it taste amazing, she was great at decorating it. I was unable to get her a cake topper to decorate. We brought a bouquet of flowers the DAY OF THE WEDDING. Bad planning on my part. But she worked her magic and designed the most beautiful cake using those flowers. I absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you! We appreciate your kindness in writing a review.

Our cake was beautiful and delicious. Sue was friendly, helpful, and respectful of our wishes. She had many choices and we were very happy with the outcome. Thank you!

Sent on 03/16/2014

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you! We appreciate your kind review.

Kasia · Married on 11/09/2013

Sue was pretty amazing to work with. She was easy going and allowed my fiance to design his own cake design. Her cakes are amazing. They aren't overly sweet and are moist. I think everyone should try a piece of her amazing wedding cakes!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Loved having your fiancé draw the design for your wedding cake. Not often do the groom's take such a vital part, and we were honored to meet his wishes.

Oh what to say about Sue. To say she is wonderful would be an understatement. She was great about having an open dialogue on what I wanted and was easily accessible. She was prompt in returning phone calls or emails and was always pleasant to speak to. Her design was exactly what I wanted and executed well. Boy is her cake delicious too! It's moist and the flavor is so good. Her frosting is also a major selling point. If you haven't gone to one of Sue's cake tastings yet do it! You won't be sorry to talk to this kind woman.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your very kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to give your impression of our service. Thank you again.

Mary A. · event on: 11/02/2013

Sue did a wonderful job. Our cake and cupcakes were beautiful and delicious.....

Sent on 02/06/2014

When we met Sue at Phoenix Bridal Show over year ago, I knew her cake was going to be the cake for our wedding. Her cake not only gave my guest something to talk about they raved about it all night. Not only did she make my favorite flavor Pink Champagne every morsel of the cake was moist and very delicious. She is professional and very helpful and gives you lots of room to create your own cake of choice. If your looking for that unique not the typical butter cream, fondant type frosting try Sue Jacobs Cakes!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you! So glad your guests enjoyed the pink champagne! We appreciate the kind review.