Sue Jacobs Cakes Reviews

133 | Gilbert, AZ

133 Reviews for Sue Jacobs Cakes

Patricia · Married on 02/01/2018

Sue was amazing to work with. She captured our vision so perfectly after just one consultation. It looks even better on the cake than it did in my own vision. It looked so good that I almost felt bad cutting into it.

She combined elegance with the personal twists we requested and, above all else, she made it look appetizing. And it tasted incredible! Her cakes are even more delicious than they look, and she offers so many options that it's impossible to not find something you love.

She also added some personal touches to the day (in our dressing room) which were unexpected and delightful! She went above and beyond.

We got tons of compliments on the cake, both for its taste and appearance. We couldn't have asked for a better person to work with on our special day.

Sent on 02/07/2018

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Such an honor to have you as OUR bride! Thank you for selecting Sue Jacobs cakes as YOUR bakery! It was a pleasure to serve you! Thank you for the kind five star review!

Jessica · Married on 01/27/2018

I can not say enough nice things about sue Jacobs cakes. I recommend her to everyone I know. If you love cake then you want sue making yours. Amazing cake, and she's so easy to work with. She took a challenge and ran with it when I wanted to use ecoflowers on my cake. She did an amazing job, we will be hiring her to do more cakes for us in the future. So good. I am dreaming about the cake we have in the freezer. So hard not to eat It!

Sent on 04/20/2018

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Jessica. It was a pleasure to create your wedding cake! We appreciate your very thoughtful five star review. Wishing you the best. Thank you again.

Sharon · Married on 12/09/2017

Sue saved our wedding cake disaster at the last minute. She lent us an artificial cake for pictures and we bought her cupcakes to eat which were delicious. She really went the extra mile for us and I can't sayy thanks enough!!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

It was truly a pleasure to meet your most urgent request! So happy the wedding and reception turned out beautiful, and the guests had no idea their desserts were a last minute rescue! Thank you again for your kindness, and five star review!

Stephanie · Married on 11/18/2017

Sue is the sweetest!! We loved our cake!!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Awe! Thank you for the very kind review! YOU ARE MY 100th Wedding Wire review! Many thanks for your thoughtfulness! So very much appreciated!

Cindi · Married on 11/04/2017

Sue's cakes are true art but the best kind of art, the kind you can eat that tastes as good as it looks. Such a wonderful experience working with Sue!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the glowing five star review! We appreciate the opportunity to create your wedding cake! Truly an honor. Thank you again!

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

Sue was so easy to work with and the cake was seriously the best I have had. We got a 3 tiered cake, all different flavors, all SO delicious. As well as a sheet cake to accommodate my budget and still feed all the people we needed to. My favorite was the champagne with strawberry cream filling! The way she arranged the fresh flowers on my cake was absolutely beautiful and I could not be happier with the whole experience. :)

Sent on 11/16/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Working with you was an amazingly fun experience! Though we work with literally 100's of couples, there are occasionally couples that are extra special! We appreciate your kindness so much! We were truly honored to be selected to create your wedding cake!

Jaclyn · Married on 11/03/2017

I have to preface that I am HUGE cake lover. When it comes to eating/trying cake, I CAN be pretty picky. I mean, I love all cake but I know when I am eating some good cake. I knew the cake was amazing the first time that I tried Sue Jacob's at an open house at The View and that nothing would compare. I only tried one flavor so I knew I had to see what else she had. Me and my now husband set up a time and to taste tested a few different flavors. We picked Pink Champagne with one layer of Strawberry and one of Vanilla. All of our guests loved the cake flavors that we chose as well. I had one of my bridesmaid tell me that her boyfriend isn't a sweets person but wound up having 4 piece of cake because it was that good. If you want a fantastic tasting cake that will leave you wanting more, Sue Jacob's is the place for you!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Jaclyn. We so appreciate our sweet couples! You have been truly a delight to work with. It was such a joy to create the center piece for your wedding day. Thank you again!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/28/2017

Sue's cakes are absolutely amazing! They are delicious as well as beautiful! Her flavors are unique, her fillings pair wonderfully and the frosting is out of this world! She took my vision and made it into an absolutely beautiful and elegant wedding cake!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Jessie! We are so appreciative of the opportunity to celebrate with you on your special day. Thank you for your kind comments. Thank you too for selecting Sue Jacobs Cakes! You are appreciated!

Patricia · Married on 10/20/2017

Sue is amazing!! Our wedding cake was beautiful and also delicious! Sue is so sweet and really listened to our ideas, and she came up with an amazing design for our wedding cake. Thank you so much Sue for a deliciously gorgeous cake!! :)

Sent on 01/14/2018

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

We LOVED your wedding cake with all it's elegance, and are so happy you did too! Thank you for the very kind five star review!

Sierra · Married on 10/07/2017

Sue was a preferred vendor with our wedding package, and we chose her because her cakes were undeniably the freshest and we LOVED the frosting. Sue was so helpful determining the design and allowed us to have three different flavors for our one cake. The day-of, our cake was exactly as we dreamed it: beautiful and SO delicious. Sue emailed me throughout the wedding planning process and ensured everything was ready the day-of.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Sierra for such a thoughtful review! We appreciate you sharing your experience, so others seeking our services know what to expect! We consider each couple we serve, to be an honor to create the center piece for their reception. Thank you again.

Alyssa · Married on 09/23/2017

Sue was so easy to work with! We came in for our consultation and honestly weren't sure exactly what we wanted our cake to look like, and she was able to guide us with suggestions. The end result was beautiful and delicious! Sue has a lot of experience with weddings and is extremely established and professional, so I knew I didn't have to stress about anything in the days leading up to the wedding. I highly recommend Sue Jacobs Cakes!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Alyssa for your very kind five star review. We appreciate you and your very kind words. Working with you has been a pure delight! Thank you again for taking your valuable time to write such a stunning review :)

Samantha · Married on 09/16/2017

Sue makes a delicious and beautiful cake!! My husband doesn't even like cake and he was going back for seconds of Sue's! We had a wonderful consultation and actually planned out a design but that wasn't enough for Sue. She was so intuned to what we wanted that, about a month before the wedding she found a style that fit so much better with our theme. She called me immediately with descriptions and picture. I 100% agreed with her and she immediately changed the cake plans. I was so happy that she was really listening.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Oh! Bringing tears to my eyes! Thank you so much for your ever so sweet review. It was a joy to provide you with the cake of your dreams! Truly an honor for us! Thank you again for sharing your 5 star experience!

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2017

Sue is a delight to work with. She could see my vision of how I wanted my cake and helped me make decisions on look as well as flavors. The cake was so beautiful and very delicious. My guests have raved about how good it was! She was also very helpful in referrals for other vendors and referred a good caterer and great event planner
    Thank you Sue!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Such a wonderful opportunity to create your wedding cake! We appreciate your kindness and very sweet five star review! So happy you and your guests loved your wedding cake!

Hao · Married on 04/30/2017

Sue’s wedding cake is absolutely beautiful and tasty. She makes her own special frosting, which is not only nice looking, but also very delicious. Our guests enjoyed it a lot. Sue is nice and friendly to work with. We highly recommend her as cake designer.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Hao! Very much enjoyed working with you two. Meeting your mother and father, was a really nice experience as well. Thank you again for selecting Sue Jacobs Cakes and writing such a kind review!

Jessica · Married on 04/22/2017

Absolutely delicious and beautiful cake! We ordered Sue's pink champagne with strawberry filling and it was fantastic. Gorgeous design and exactly what I asked for. Sue delivered the cake on time (early actually) and placed all flowers, garland, and cake topper. She contacted me multiple times through the process and wa easy to work with. Very happy customer.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Jessica! A pure delight to create your wedding cake! We appreciate your kindness, and sweet 5 Star review. My best to you both!

Toni · Married on 04/22/2017

My maid of honor and I went into Sue Jacobs cute cake store for some cake testing for my wedding cake and I was blown away, Sue made it fun plus she had great flavors and it was so hard to pick which flavors I wanted to use, we went with rich vanilla and tropical filling (coconut and pineapple), and I showed a few different pictures of what I wanted and Sue made my cake EXACTLY how I envisioned it and we received a lot of compliments through out the night from our guests! I would highly recommend her to do your wedding cake!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Toni! We so appreciate your kind five star review, and your sweet words! It was certainly an honor to create the center piece for your reception! Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Deb · Married on 04/15/2017

Sue was wonderful to work with but more than that - our guests RAVED about her cake! We've had many weddings in many places over the years in our family and they unanimously agreed our cake from Sue was the BEST they have ever had. We all love cake and ordered three times the cake needed for our 25 guests. Sue provided a box so we could save the top for our first anniversary, but needless to say, that beautiful, delicious cake was enjoyed by all until it was gone (including the top!) by the time we were married a mere 48 hours! We chose lemon poppyseed with lemon fillng, pink champagne with strawberry cream, and vanilla with raspberry for our layers. Pink champagne was the slight favorite and everyone was completely in love with her special frosting! We will be visiting Sue for an annversary cake (our out of state family is definatley jealous) - there are so many more fabulous flavors to try. Thank you, Sue - you were wonderful and so accommodating - an absolute delight to work with!

Sent on 04/23/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

We love to hear feedback from our couples! Your kindness and sweet five review are so very much appreciated. It was such a joy and honor to be chosen to create your special wedding cake. Thank you again!

Stormy · Married on 04/14/2017

Sue is seriously so "sweet"!

She is honestly the cutest business lady I've met and she has such a lovely passion for cake design. We just got married April 14th and our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful. Best of all, it was fondant free, because she uses the most amazing butter cream frosting that melts in your mouth.
    We had a four tier cake and two tiers were chocolate cake with milk chocolate filling and chocolate chips inside, one tier was red velvet with cream cheese filling and the other was a vanilla cake with me on and strawberry swirl filling. This cake was fantastic!
    Sue is amazing and her artistry is one of a kind.

Thank you Sue!

Sincerely,
    Stormy and Andrew Madrid

Sent on 04/23/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Awe Stormy! What a dream bride you have been to work with! We humbly thank you for your kind words. Thank you for sharing your Sue Jacobs Cakes experience!

Hanna · Married on 03/26/2017

We loved Sue! My husband and I did not want to get a cake for our wedding. We met Sue at one of the Open Houses. We tried her cake after coaxing us a bit and we were SOLD! We said "we want a cake from Sue Jacobs Cakes at our wedding!" I know it sounds corny, but it's the truth. So many guests asked about the cake and said they wanted more because it was so good. Go with Sue, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 03/31/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Hanna! So happy you tried our cake, and you loved it! It was so nice to share our creation of your wedding cake with your friends and family. Thank you for the opportunity to have a part in your special day.

Tiffanie · Married on 03/17/2017

Best cake ever! Sue is so sweet and helped us design our wedding cake, it turned out exactly how we envisioned. Definitely will order another cake in the future!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Working with you Tiffanie, was such a treat! Thank you for your sweet review, and sharing your experience with others!

Amanda · Married on 02/11/2017

I had my wedding at the wright house and their preferred vendor was Sue, and I couldn't be happier with her work. Her pink champagne cake and strawberry cream frosting is out of this world. My cake was flawless, and EXACTLY what I envisioned but better. I would DEFINITELY recommend Sue Jacobs to family and friends.

Sent on 02/28/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your kindness in taking your time to share a review in regard to our wedding cake design business! Sweet brides like you, are why we love what we do! It was our pleasure! Thank you again, and my best to you!

Katelyn · Married on 02/11/2017

Wow! Sue Jacobs cakes aren't only amazing, she is also amazing! She was so helpful throughout the whole cake process and made it so easy for us. We couldn't be more excited about how our wedding cake turned out...everything we wanted and absolutely beautiful. Thank you Sue!

Sent on 02/13/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Oh Katelyn! You are so kind! You, your family, and friends were a pure delight to serve! It was an honor and a true privilege to create your wedding cake :) Thank you for your five star review!!!

Jennifer · Married on 01/15/2017

Sue was recommended to us by our photographer SJA Studios. We had already met with one other vendor at the suggestion of a friend who was getting married, but we thought their cakes were too sweet. We only met with Sue once, but she was so sweet and kind. She helped us decide on and choose our wedding cake. We decided on a 3 tier cake with 3 different flavors and fillings. We had chocolate, marble red velvet, and pink champagne. She also gave us a separate top tier cake for us to save as our anniversary cake with directions on how to save it properly. Our wedding cake was white and the bottom tier had a rose floral/swirl design, the middle tier had a sideways pattern with navy ribbon, and the top tier was smooth with gold cascading glitter balls from the top fading down and navy ribbon. We provided our own cake topper and our venue the Boojum Tree provided the cake knife and server. Sue's cakes are both beautiful and delicious and our guests came back for seconds and thirds to try all the flavors. She also offered us a discount for paying in cash.

Sent on 03/13/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Jennifer! It was our pleasure to have a small part in your wedding by creating your wedding cake. Thank you for sharing your experience of our services! We appreciate you and your kind words. Thank you again!

Amanda · Married on 01/13/2017

Sue is so sweet and her cakes taste amazing and look amazing. Def. book her for your next cake!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

Thank you Amanda! We so appreciate your kind words and your positive feedback! Serving you, your friends, and family was certainly an honor for Sue Jacobs Cakes. Thank you again so very much for your five star review.

Michaella · Married on 11/06/2016

Sue is awesome! Our cake looked amazing and tasted great too. She was so fun to work with. We definitely recommend her and will be back!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Sue Jacobs Cakes's reply:

LOVED being a part of your special day! Thank you for the opportunity to create your wedding cake! It was truly my pleasure!