Subsonic Event DJs LLC Reviews

107 | Orlando, FL

107 Reviews for Subsonic Event DJs LLC

Jamie · Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing DJ at an affordable price

I can’t say enough good things about Shawn and Subsonic DJs. Shawn was our dj and he did such a fantastic job. Even though we had a timeline all planned out, things had to be adjusted the day of and Shawn never missed a beat. He was great with my family and their numerous song requests and he was so good at reading the mood of the crowd. We had people on the dance floor the ENTIRE reception. Customer service was fantastic as well, responses were always turned around within 24 hours. Best decision we made was going with Shawn and Subsonic DJs.

Sent on 03/30/2019
  • Brittny

Brittny · Married on 11/03/2018

Shawn was awesome!

Our DJ was so cool! Shawn invited us into his home and gave a whole performance for how he works! Great personality. Looking for a DJ is a big deal because they literally host your whole wedding!!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Mineaux · Married on 09/01/2018

We were so pleased with everything. We booked Shawn for DJ, Lighting & Photo Booth and everything was amazing. My parents were celebrating 25 years of marriage and we wanted to create a very special night to show our parents how much they are loved! His photo booth attendant "Jorge" was so kind and he made sure our guests used it, all night! Thank you again for the memories...

Sent on 09/14/2018

Kristin · Married on 04/14/2018

We originally had booked Shawn with Subsonic, but due to health concerns, he could not work our event. However, he was great in bringing in a replacement DJ, Skylar and he was fantastic! He played a great set of songs, and the whole party was a huge success! We loved how much everyone was dancing and it helps when the DJ is great!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Pam · Married on 12/29/2017

Subsonic dj'd my daughter's wedding reception. We had a variety of music to make the evening enjoyable for everyone. Sean Estep even played the Ohio State fight song as Ohio State kicked off during the reception. Wonderful fun and quality.

Sent on 01/07/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 12/29/2017

Shawn is a fantastic DJ! My husband and I found Shawn by researching and reading his great reviews. He was fantastic to work with. Up until the event he had amazing communication and was willing to capture our overall wedding image. Since we had a destination wedding, I didn't get to meet Shawn in person until the day of the event, but it felt like I already knew him. He arrived early and had everything set up beautifully for the event. My husband and I love the show Parks and Recreation, and we wanted to enter to the theme song when walking into the reception. Shawn did a great job with this and everyone had a good time. We also have quite a bit of family who are OSU fans, and he had no problem playing the fight song as tribute to them at 8:30 when the game was supposed to start. I cannot speak highly enough of Shawn. He is fantastic to work with. Book him now!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Adrienne · Married on 10/07/2017

Shawn was absolutely incredible! He was great to work with from consultation all the way to our big day! His online tools for selecting music and providing info was a great and easy way to communicate. We were so impressed with his sound equipment, led screens, and the uplighting was incredible! He was able to provide music for our outside ceremony, cocktail hour space, and the reception. He had great ideas to make the night fun, personal, and memorable. He read our guests well and had them dancing all night. We were so happy with his work at an amazing price!

Sent on 10/15/2017

HAYDEN · Married on 03/11/2017

Shaun was amazing!!! He paid attention to every detail that I wanted for my wedding. He was very professional but at the same time very cool and amazing to work with. I loved when we went for our first meeting how he went through every piece of equipment that is available to you and explains what everything does or what it can do! His product knowledge is astounding and you can tell right away he LOVES what he does! I am going to refer any friends of mine that need a DJ to him and or use him for any type of musical needs I have in the future. He is very responsive, any email, text or phone call was answered or returned immediately. He was definitely one of the BEST people I had the pleasure of working with throughout my planning experience.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Briana · Married on 01/21/2017

Shawn was absolutely wonderful! My husband and I started our planning VERY early, so we could do tons of research. Shawn was he first DJ that I reached out to, and we booked within a few days! He was SO quick to respond to all of my emails (and believe me, there were a TON) and was so incredibly helpful with all of my questions and concerns. He has an online event planning website, where you can chose songs, must play, play if time, and do not play. You also can make notes, and select first dance, etc. It was very user friendly! Once it got closer, we were in contact often. He called a week prior, to make sure that everything was all set, and went over ALL of the notes from my planner, and me to make sure he knew exactly what we wanted. The day of, everything was perfect! The dance floor was packed the entire night! He stuck to our must play list, and added a few others as well that were a hit! He was more affordable than most, and much more helpful, responsive, and did such a GREAT job!!!!

Sent on 03/05/2017

Justine · Married on 11/10/2016

Two separate couple recommended Shawn to us and now I see why! Shawn provided his services to us for our wedding reception in Winter Park this past week, and we could not be more pleased! Communication with him was quick and professional; he is incredibly detail-oriented and made sure he knew exactly what we wanted; he showed up early and overly prepared! We had SO many changes, even minutes before things were scheduled to occur, and he accommodated them with ease and never made us feel needy (though we certainly were). He is organized and kept our night on track. He hyped up our friends and families and we had so much fun! From the jazzy mood music at dinner to the upbeat party music for dancing, he was spot-on! Everything was family-friendly and he played nothing from our "do not play" list (which means so much to me!) He also provided lighting and a screen complete with our names and wedding date, it was so beautiful and added so much to our night! I highly recommend him!!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Matthew · Married on 11/10/2016

DJ Shawn did an outstanding job. He even adding back lighting and played some amazing hits. He did a great job at getting people out on the dance floor and having a great time! He was very accommodating and really kind!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Sandy · Married on 08/05/2016

We very so very pleased with shawn's performance! He was the best! He made sure the crowd was going and kept our wedding live! He did exceptionally at his job! He was very open and willing to everything we wanted. My parents are from Laos and we forgot our cd to play. Shawn was able to pull up some Lao music and my parents and their friends were able to join in on the dancing. Any requests guests asked he was also able to pull up. Mostly importantly we seen the passion in Shawn and what he does! So with that great quality we knew he'll be a great Dj for us! Our wedding day was definitely a success and memorable because of him! We strongly recommend him for all your party needs!

Sent on 10/14/2016

MADELYN · Married on 05/29/2016

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ASHLEY'S SWEET 16 AWESOME, THE TEENS WERE ALWAYS DANCING, THE MUSIC WAS GREAT, YOU MADE MY DAUGHTER'S DREAM COME TRUE! HER SUPER SWEET 16!!!!!!!!!!!! 05/29/16
    WE LOVE YOU SHAWN

Sent on 07/19/2016

Joanie · Married on 04/16/2016

We could not be more pleased with the DJ services provided. Shawn did an excellent job and was so professional. I cant find one upset in the service or pricing it was all great!! At first we were not going to hire a DJ and have a family member do the DJ work but then we decided that we wanted someone professional ( at the last minute) and we found Subsonic, so for us finding a DJ last minute, Shawn was awesome and easy to work with and definitely understood everything we wanted. You rock Shawn!!! Thank you again and we will refer you to everyone!!!!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Adam · Married on 04/02/2016

Shawn was extremely responsive and paid attention to details. We were extremely happy w his work and our guests had a great time!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Shelby · Married on 03/18/2016

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding with Shawn! We got many compliments from guests throughout the night and afterwards. We did a TON of research beforehand and considered practically every DJ in the Orlando area, and I have no doubt we made the best choice in Shawn. He was very easy to communicate with throughout the entire process and very responsive. His online planning tools were very easy to use and made music planning very simple. We requested a specific version of a lesser-known Frank Sinatra song for our first dance and he was able to get us the correct version and made absolute certain beforehand that he had the version we were looking for. People stayed on the dance floor all night with no encouragement! Everything ran very smoothly timeline-wise as well, and the shoe game was a blast. He also did uplighting and a monogram gobo light for us, all of which was beautiful and added so much to the entire vibe of the reception, and we also did our photobooth through him. Our guests loved it and getting all the photos at the end was so fun! No regrets at all in choosing Subsonic, an incredibly strong vendor. Thank you Shawn!

Sent on 04/01/2016

Betsy · Married on 02/12/2016

Shawn was such an asset to have at our wedding - I know it would not have run as smoothly or been as fun without Shawn's guidance. We hired Subsonic for both the reception DJ services and Ceremony sound / audio along with market lighting for our outdoor event. Preparing for the event, we completed all the details on his online forms which were great and then talked through it all before the wedding so any questions would be clarified and we were on the same page for the event. For coordinating the market light layout, he joined us for a site visit a few weeks before the wedding and we talked about the vision for the lighting - it turned out spectacular - Brought the whole event area outside together. He cued all the music for our ceremony (we opted not to use a day-of wedding planner) for the processionals so everyone knew when to walk, and mic'd up the officiant and groom for the sound prior the ceremony. We had a little hiccup at the start with the shuttle bus bringing guests to the venue and he handled it so wonderfully I'm sure the guests didn't even notice. When it was my cue the ceremony was starting, he let me know it was time to roll and off we went! We did have a friend play saxophone for the cocktail hour as well so they coordinated and discussed any fill-in music and how long he would play before Shawn needed to cue up the dinner music / reception entry songs. For the reception introductions and dances, he was such a great coordinator and led the whole night. All the guests said we could not have picked a better DJ.

When I was picking a DJ for the wedding - I was planning everything from out of town, so you wonder - how on earth do you pick a DJ over the phone? Can you actually tell their personality and envision them in action? Well after talking to many DJ's - as soon as I spoke with Shawn on the phone, I knew he would be the perfect fit. Laid back, yet organized and fun. Responsive and Professional.

Sent on 03/03/2016
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 02/07/2016

One of the best things we did when planning our wedding was hire SubSonic. Shawn was so accommodating with all of our requests and guided us through the whole process of planning the music for the reception. He uses a software that helps you plan each song for all of the important introductions, and when we couldn’t come up with a specific song we liked, we could pull information about the most common songs for those times, like the flower toss, cutting the cake, etc.

In addition to the music, we also hired them for the photo booth, bubble machine, and had a projection screen with our monogram at the rehearsal. Those elements really set the stage for an unforgettable event that our guests really enjoyed.

I have to say though, a lot of companies probably offer some of the same things, like a photo booth, monogram, etc., but they don’t have the customer service and attentiveness that Shawn and his staff offers. We even forgot to bring out photo book home from the reception after the wedding had ended, and Shawn arranged a time to meet with us to drop it off. He goes above and beyond for his clients. All DJ’s are not created equal! He is superb!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Elissa · Married on 11/28/2015

Shawn was incredible to work with. Such a professional! He was full of ideas on how to get people up and dancing. Throughout the process, he would respond almost immediately and was always so kind and helpful. On the day of the wedding, he was there early, had a great setup and even dressed appropriately. Everyone danced all night long - I may be biased but I don't think I have ever seen a wedding dance floor so consistently packed. That is all thanks to Shawn!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Stephanie · Married on 11/21/2015

So, my husband and I married November 21st of this year - and I have been thinking of the perfect words to describe Shawn Estep and his services. Shawn was referred to me by a friend who used him and said that he was the "best in town". You hear that a lot, so I thought I would check it out. MY husband worked for Universal Records for almost a decade, owns his own artist management company and our wedding was music themed - so finding the perfect DJ was imperative. From the second we met Shawn, we knew he was PERFECT for us. His high energy level, positive and excited demeanor, and his willingness to help just overflowed all over the place. Any time I had a question, I could text him - and even if he was busy he would respond with "I'm currently at a gig, can I text you later?" - he never let me wait. I am a very "communication is key" kind of person and he was on it! At the wedding, he had to deal with ELEVEN groomsmen and ELEVEN bridesmaids and he did so with grace and ease. He made sure everyone was in line, all names were pronounced perfectly and he had every single song I wanted played at the time I wanted it played. He has this amazing online system where you can customize your own playlist with as much direction as you want. He is one of the most selfless people I have ever met, and I would never ever hire another DJ for anything...we are using his photobooth at my company Christmas party too!! He is more than just a DJ...he kept surprises my husband had in store for me (Grammy nominated artist Carolyn Malachi came to sing our first dance to us - and Shawn didn't say a peep!) and he supplied all of the curtains for the backdrops in our venue....he's so amazing....I had a TON of guests say that he really made the wedding. I am so so happy we found him. If you don't use him - you are insane and will be missing out. Love you Shawn! THANK YOU AGAIN!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Stephen · Married on 10/31/2015

Subsonic Event DJ's was amazing to work with. Our event was very different from the average wedding reception. We had a theme that was truly Orlando. Shawn was instrumental in getting us everything that we needed to pull off the event, that our friends say was the best party they have ever attended. We required DJ services, but Shawn was able to go much farther than that by finding us entertainers and providing additional equipment on demand. We put their services to the test and they passed with flying colors. The value for the money was excellent. The equipment is first class and the service was personal and professional. Even when one of our entertainers was unable to complete the event in the final weeks, Shawn was able to find us a replacement that I believe made the event even better.
    There are a lot of options when it comes to DJ's in Orlando, but for our money, we feel we found the best around. Not many people would have approached a unique event with such an open mind. From professional lighting, to sound effects, to drag queens, to a refurbished park bench, to a full fog-filled disco setting, Subsonic had us covered. We would definitely call them first should we do another party in the future.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Tiffany · Married on 10/25/2015

Being on the dance floor is one of my favorite things to do so choosing a DJ was a big decision. From our initial meeting with Shawn I knew he would be the perfect choice for our wedding. Shawn's upbeat energy makes him so fun to be around. Throughout the process Shawn was always very responsive and answered any questions I had a long the way. He had a lot of great ideas to make our reception unique. He was a true professional and I felt confident leaving everything in his hands. On our wedding day Shawn rocked the house! The music was great and he made everything so much fun. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ and I would recommend him to anyone who loves music and a great time as much as I do. At the end of the night my husband said he was hands down the best guy for the job. Thank you for such an amazing day Shawn!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Shajaun · Married on 10/24/2015

If you don't use Sub-Sonic Event DJ then you chose the wrong DJ for your event! DJ Shawn is the BEST! The city that I am from, our DJ's mix and scratch their music! I searched and searched through different DJ's and could never find what I was looking for UNTIL I searched on Google and found Sub-Sonic. Sub-Sonic Event communication was superb! There was not a moment where I felt like I was being ignored. Previous DJ's weren't even emailing me back which was disappointing, so any bride that demands for perfect communication Sub-Sonic Event is the vendor to pick! DJ Shawn not only was easy to work with, but he took my vision and gave me EXACTLY what I wanted and more! He treated us like we were family instead of another customer which made comfort levels at its best! He kept everyone on the dance floor and there was NOT ONE PERSON who did not like the music! People are STILL talking about how much they loved my DJ and of course my wedding! His pricing is reasonable and his passion for music shows in his work! His team are ALL Amazing and I couldn't have chosen a better DJ. I am looking forward to working with Sub-Sonic Events AGAIN! DJ Shawn and team thank you for EVERYTHING that you did for us to help make our wedding day a dream come true! We love you guys and wish you the best in your business!

Sent on 11/10/2015

We were delighted with the DJ 's services and professionalism for our daughter's recent wedding at the Winter Park Civic Center. We first met with Shaun at his place of business where he showed us all that we could choose from for both the sound and the lighting package. We were thrilled with how it all came out. He provided the music for both the wedding outside as well as the reception in the ballroom. The music was great and he was very receptive to requests throughout the evening from our guests. The lighting package was spectacular and provided a fairytale effect to the night, which it really turned out to be. We also had a beautiful monogram that was on one huge wall behind the Sweetheart table which was gorgeous. Additionally while eating dinner to great music for talking at the table, he played a video my son-in-law made which was really nice. He was fun and kept the evening moving with the wedding activities until the very end with the great send off! It was a fun reception in large part to Shaun's handling of everything.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Joseph · Married on 10/10/2015

Shawn performed in an extremely professional and fun manner! He did a great job, and
    we have no reservation in recommending his services

Sent on 11/07/2015