Stylus DJ Entertainment Reviews

192 | New York, NY

192 Reviews for Stylus DJ Entertainment

Brian Hersey · Married on 09/22/2018

Katie Rose rocked the party!

Working with Jane at Stylus and Katie Rose as our dj was one of the best experiences for planning our wedding. Totally professional and up front about pricing from start to finish, there was nothing left unplanned. Our families had a great time and Katie got the whole party moving with a playlist that we collaborated on. Was great to work with them and highly recommended if you want a fun atmosphere you can count on!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Devon · Married on 09/15/2018

We had a great experience with DJ Valerie. We were ambivalent about getting a DJ because we wanted to avoid the corny vibe we've seen so much at weddings, but Valerie was down to the earth, played great music, was totally accommodating to our tastes, and created an incredible soundtrack for our night! She was also perfect with timing about all the little things we had planned (first dance, toasts, we even wanted a certain song to come on at a certain time)- she was on it! Plus she adjusted her songs to the vibe of the party which was awesome. It was great to have a female DJ, but also just great to have someone so attuned to what we wanted. This DJ company is super professional and reliable and communication was wonderful and clear throughout. My one thing is that if you have someone using a microphone with a hearing aid, I would suggest they turn off their hearing aid first- we had microphone trouble with one of our toasts and I wish I had that tip before the event because the mics worked perfectly for everyone else. Thank you again Valerie and Jane for soundtracking such a wonderful night!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the thoughtful review and great tip, Devon - we are so happy to you found us!

Anna · Married on 09/08/2018

Katie nailed it! The flow of the day was amazing and all my guests want the Spotify playlist!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Short and sweet - we love it - thank you for posting a review so quickly, Anna!

Hannah · Married on 09/08/2018

Wow wow wow, Sarah Van Buren crushed it! She was amazing! She worked with us and the collective music requests of our diverse guest-list: country, 90's hip-hop, eastern euro-punk, disco, and latin- and created a set list that was fun, surprising, cohesive, and kept everyone dancing across the generations! I literally couldn't stop dancing, my parents and grandmother too! She even picked out iconic entrance/ exit and cake cutting songs. Its been 3 weeks since my wedding and people are still talking about it. She was very professional during the whole process, asked the right questions, did a site visit- and brought her own equipment, so I really didn't need to worry or stress about a thing in terms of the music. So happy- will remember forever, thank you thank you!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

We are so happy to hear the great feedback and see your amazing photo, Hannah - thank you for posting!!

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2018

Our DJ made the wedding!

We loved working with Stylus DJ Entertainment and DJ Ceremony! We were in a time crunch while planning our wedding and yet we were still able to find the absolute perfect DJ! Working with Stylus and DJ Ceremony was a seamless, professional, easy, friendly and fun experience. Stylus made it so easy for us to determine the style of DJ we wanted to work with and DJ Ceremony was 100% perfect. DJ Ceremony was awesome, all of our guests had a great time. We wanted our guests to have fun and dance a ton, but we also wanted the environment to be laid back, and DJ Ceremony completely made that happen! He guided the the whole ceremony and evening, and made it 100% possible for us to just sit back and enjoy! He was beyond attentive and made the evening very special!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for taking time out to share your experience working with DJ Ceremony and with us as an agency. It was our pleasure!
  • Kira

Kira · Married on 09/07/2018

Amazing Job!

We loved Stylus! All of our guests were complementing the playlist for the wedding. Jane did such a great job curating the HUGE list of song we sent her. Such a pleasure to work with and really listened to us as clients. The detail in the contract showed how much she really cared about every detail- no matter how small.

Sent on 10/22/2018

evelyn · Married on 09/02/2018

Loved our DJ

We booked Sarah van Buren directly, not through Stylus - and she was a pleasure to work with. She happened to understand my specific requested frame of reference (a good DJ can do this of course, but it was an extra layer of comfort) and we felt very comfortable with her. She knocked it out of the park the day of, there wasn't a clunker all night-just songs and artists that we love. She also thankfully refused a request to play YMCA or something of the like. We were thrilled with our experience and can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Naimah

Naimah · Married on 09/01/2018

Valerie was a great DJ, she was able to play music for both the younger crowd and the older crowd. The dance floor was never empty, and our guests even complimented us on this, having never been to a wedding where that was the case. We shared our musical tastes with her before the event and she definitely delivered.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Dana · Married on 08/18/2018

I honestly can not rave about Amber enough! She was our DJ for our wedding this August and she was amazing. She totally understood that I was a little picky with our music selection and she catered so carefully and wonderfully to our needs. From the very beginning she was organized, professional and so easy to work with. We had an amazing time at our wedding and Amber is to thank for keeping the mood perfect. I would HIGHLY recommend working with Stylus, but ask for Amber!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for taking time to share the great feedback, Dana - it was a pleasure working with you!

Katie · Married on 08/18/2018

My partner and I got married this past August and Jane Elizabeth of Stylus DJ Entertainment was our DJ. Everyone loved Jane! Everyone thought the music was amazing. My partner and I had been looking for a female DJ for our wedding and the second we saw Jane’s website we knew she would be the perfect fit. She assured us that we could have all the music we liked and still make sure everyone was happy. She paid special attention to the demographics of our guest list and the songs/artists we most wanted to hear. It was super helpful to hear the playlists of previous events that Jane had done from her Spotify. Most importantly, it felt like Jane really understood who we are and the musical vibe we wanted for our wedding. We would definitely recommend Stylus DJ Entertainment and will definitely be going to all of Jane’s New York City events!

*Queer friendly vendor*

Sent on 09/11/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Heck yeah we are! Thank you so much for the kind words, Katie - can't wait to see you, Dani and your friends again!

Bridget · Married on 08/18/2018

Sarah Van Buren was everything we hoped for and more! She went above and beyond and provided the best mix and energy to accommodate everyone in our crowd and keep it interesting! A++

Sent on 09/20/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the great feedback, Bridget - we appreciate it!

Michael · Married on 08/18/2018

Katie was wonderful to work with in planning our music and the day of the wedding! There were a lot of different musical tastes to take into consideration during the wedding and Katie helped curate a playlist that fit everyone's interest and, most importantly, kept everyone dancing. She had a great system to suggest songs for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception. We started the planning process with a discussion to figure out what we personally liked and what our families would enjoy so Katie was able to provide suggestions on music for all the different parts of the wedding. Everyone had a great time through the whole wedding and Katie helped capture the feeling we were going for. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

This makes us so happy to hear, Michael - thank you for posting! I know you explored other entertainment options, so we really appreciate your confidence in Katie and our process. Wishing you all the best!

Daniella · Married on 08/17/2018

Just to start off, there are not going to be words adequate enough to describe how awesome Jane from Stylus DJ Entertainment is. Seriously, she is the best. Amazing to work with and I am so happy we were able to have her as the DJ for our wedding. Before planning a wedding was even on my radar, I had gone to Jane’s Tainted Love dance night at the Bell House in Brooklyn a few times and loved it! Really cool 80s night, with a wide range of music from the decade. I was so excited when I saw that she did weddings as well! I loved how eclectic her playlists were on Spotify and thought she would be a perfect fit for our half Indian/half Cuban, very large buffet wedding. She got the vibe perfectly right, and had everyone dancing the whole night, even our grandmothers who both had not danced since they were kids! She even posted the playlist for us after the wedding and we cannot stop listening to it! Also, she is so sweet and so easy to talk, and she just made the whole experience amazing (even when we had to make last minute changes because of the weather). I really cannot recommend her enough. We love you, Jane!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Aww thank you so much - I love you, too! I will remember the day always, and can't wait to get you two back on the dance floor soon! (I know I owe Nishan an Apache...)

Allyson · Married on 08/17/2018

My husband and I knew we weren't looking for the typical Jersey wedding DJ and we were thrilled when we found Stylus. DJs who actually wanted to work with us and listen to our tastes and requests. DJ Valerie was wonderful to work with throughout the planning process and extremely receptive to our requests and vibe we were going for. Would highly suggest everything about Jane, Valerie and Stylus!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for finding us and for taking the time to share your feedback - it was a pleasure working with you!

Tori · Married on 08/11/2018

We had a wonderful experience with Amber Lynn from stylus, who DJ'd our wedding this August. From initial contact, to our meeting before the event, to the day of, Amber just completely got what we were looking for and delivered. We set her up with a playlist of music we liked, and she ran with it. She had our guests up and dancing the whole time. She was easy to work with, very responsive and professional. We would highly recommend her and Stylus!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Hi Tori - You were one of the first couples to book Amber, but I knew she would be a great match. Thank you for your confidence and for taking the time to post such great feedback - we appreciate it!

Stephanie · Married on 08/05/2018

WOW! Alicia was our DJ for our wedding and we don't have enough words to describe what an incredible job she did - not only was dealing with her a delight in the run up to the day, but the way she read the crowd and kept our friends and family dancing all night long was testament to the thought she put into every song played. THANK YOU Stylus for giving us Alicia!!!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

All music to our ears, and the photo is worth a thousand words. Thank you so much for finding us, for trusting us with your vision, and for posting a review so quickly - we really appreciate it!

Mallory · Married on 07/29/2018

My partner and I were searching for a queer friendly wedding DJ in the Hudson Valley area and were so thrilled that we found Sarah Van Buren. From the get-go, Sarah was incredibly kind, flexible, creative, client-centered and was a huge factor in helping to make our night as magical as it was. Sarah provided the music for both our ceremony and reception and went above and beyond to help us put forth our vision and was more available to us with support/help then we could have ever imagined. Sarah really listened to what we wanted and played all the songs we hoped for as well as adding great music that totally matched the mood of the event and both our music tastes. Our families are still raving about the great music and were all out on the dance floor loving it very early on in the reception through the remainder of the night! To speak to Sarah’s intuitive ability to cater to her customer’s taste she even threw in a song that was referenced in my best friend’s toast about our childhood (following my friend’s speech)—such a wonderful touch! It was so nice to have a DJ that is calm, fun, and considerate and even helped my partner and I solve problems the day of! From the beginning both Sarah and Jane were incredibly easy to communicate with via phone and email and always professional and kind. Thank you again for helping to make our big night fun and easy!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Dear Mal - Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and gorgeous photos. Sarah is an asset to the team, and we couldn't be happier to have been a part of your celebration - wishing you lots of love and joy!

Jen · Married on 07/29/2018

Valerie worked with us remotely -- as we flew in from abroad for our wedding! -- and was extremely accommodating in playing a very specialized genre of songs that we requested, mixing it effortlessly with classic wedding hits, and even playing the Hokey-Pokey for the little ones, which was a great success. Our only suggestions would be to be very specific about no-play requests (and also give examples of types of music), and also specify whether you would like to start the dancing during the meal or only afterwards. Overall, it was a fabulous party and we will remember it forever!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Hi Jen - Thank you so much for the kind words and constructive feedback - we appreciate both and will take it to heart. Wishing you all the best!

Eric · Married on 07/28/2018

My wife and I could not have been happier with the entire experience of Stylus and DJ Alicia for our July 2018 wedding in the Jersey Shore area. Professional at every step, she made sure you can put in your input on the overall mood of the music and will consult with you well in advance to get you on the right track; but I would recommend just letting Alicia go for it creatively and not to over-think your playlist recommendations, as she really knows how to read a room in the moment and adds her own element of fun. We had all ages at the reception and from my 3 year old niece dancing all night to DJ Alicia catering to our 86 year old Polish Grandfather with a wedding polka, everyone in the room couldn't stop dancing all night and raving about her talents the next day. She even got my Father to tap dance to "Ride with Me", which was a highlight of the entire evening. Alicia helped us relax by organizing the intro's of parents/bridal party and kept the evening flowing well with keeping us on task for the cake cutting and speeches, etc. But really it is the KILLER dance party she provides that your guests will be talking about afterwards. Even the quality of her sound and slick song segues were top shelf. If you are nervous at all about finding the right DJ for you that won't be the stereotypical "cheesy wedding DJ", but want something with some tasteful fun and a calming presence, I could not recommend Stylus and DJ Alicia enough. You CANNOT go wrong here.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to post such a thoughtful review - we are so lucky to have clients like you!

Nicholas · Married on 07/27/2018

Stylus came recommended through my sister in law. My wife and I couldn't have been happier working with Jane. She made the process smooth and easy. Everything we asked for she was able to accommodate without a problem. Almost all of our guests complimented us on the music and for that we owe Jane a big THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

It was a beautiful evening - thank you so much for having me and taking time out to post!

Mike · Married on 07/21/2018

My wife and I had two priorities for our wedding: great food and amazing music. We were looking for not-your-usual-wedding-DJ, and came upon Stylus. After listening to some sample mixtapes, we had found what we were looking for. Jane Elizabeth was great to work with, very responsive, and put us in touch with DJ Amber Lynn, who was wonderful. After a call to walk through what we were looking for, we sent some song ideas back and forth. A musician myself, I sent Amber Lynn several tunes to work in, and she placed them perfectly in the mix. We had (what I considered) a fairly busy timeline of dances, toasts, and announcements, and everything went super smoothly. From start to finish, we had a great experience with Stylus and DJ Amber Lynn, and would absolutely recommend them again!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience, and so quickly, too - we really appreciate it and wish you all the best!

Denise · Married on 07/07/2018

We loved working with Katie Rose, and every person I interacted with at Stylus was great and totally professional. I started out speaking with Jane, who gave me a sense of all the different DJs who work for her to see who would be a good fit. Katie Rose not only seemed like a good match for our needs, but was also within our budget. The great thing about Stylus is that they have several DJs with different styles and price points, so they can pretty much make anything work on your budget. After having a preliminary call with Katie Rose, I knew we'd get along great. It was great to be able to communicate with her both via email and text, and to have a collaborative Google Sheet where we could bat around and organize ideas. Katie Rose also works using Spotify, and linked us to other weddings that she did, which was really helpful in helping envision our own day. She rolled with some of our weirder requests, and kept the party moving! She might not have the years of experience that some of the more senior Stylus DJs have, but she is a total professional, super nice, and can make your dream wedding happen! I can't recommend her more highly.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Dear Denise - We can't thank you enough for finding us, for "getting" us, and for posting such a thoughtful and thorough review - it means a ton. Wishing you and Daniel all the happiness in the world!

Sonya · Married on 07/03/2018

We were so lucky to have DJ Jane for our wedding. She was fun and our guests had a blast. Our favorite thing was she really listened to what we wanted out of our night. Couldn't be more happy. Plus she rolled with our weird requests and led our wedding through an East Coast vs West Coast dance-off.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

This is the first time someone has posted photos with their review - I love it! Thank you so much for sharing and for the kind words!

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2018

Jane was incredible. Our wedding was less than 24 hours ago and I wanted to be sure we wrote a review ASAP. She was highly responsive, worked with our high maintenance playlist, was reasonably priced, was extremely friendly, and helped greatly to make our night so perfect. Thank you so much Jane, I only wish I had another event to plan so we could hire you again!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Fastest review ever - thank you so much for the great collaboration and positive feedback - I would absolutely do it all over again!

Bridget · Married on 06/16/2018

Jane Elizabeth did a great job on the music for our wedding. We're didn't have a strong musical vision so did not give her a lot of guidance and she created a fun vibe and read the crowd very well. Throughout the planning process she was responsive and helpful. Would definitely recommend booking her for your wedding.

Sent on 07/15/2018

Stylus DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for taking time out to post a review - it was a pleasure working with you!