71 Reviews for Stylus DJ Entertainment

One Event Per Day (16)
Liability Insurance (7)
Uplighting (5)
71 Stylus DJ Entertainment Reviews

Jane was one of the first vendors I hired for my wedding based on her phenomenal reviews and I'm SO happy I did! She did an amazing job, people were on the dance floor allll night, and not just a few of my guests, literally everyone was up on the dance floor having a blast! Hire Jane if you want to have stress-free planning when it comes to the music for your wedding. She does not disappoint!!

Profile Picture User7652593, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I retained Jane after researching DJs and coming across Stylus DJ Entertainment. From the first phone call to the last song, Jane was professional, warm, fun, and spot on for handling our nontraditional, and somewhat distinctive event. Indeed, we were looking for someone that had the similar mindset in providing our guests with a cool variety of music that evolved as the evening unfolded. My wife and I essentially provided Jane with our vision, the three main categories of music (i.e. country, down tempo, 80’s, - and some traditional/ cultural music for my wife’s family), and two must haves (i.e. wedding and last call). Other than that, we provided a list of songs that we would like to hear, and Jane was off to the races. She spent time meticulously going through our selections; getting familiar, and then branching off from them to enhance and broaden the library of options. Notwithstanding the time and effort Jane put into understating our vibe, she showed-up on game day and delivered. The real essence of the music is to transport your guests in a comfort zone where the mood matches the energy in the building and on the dance floor. From Luke Bryan, to Sofi Tukker, Jason Aldean, REO Speedwagon, to some Bel Biv Devoe, the guests were all smiles, all night. Jane was stationed on the upper floor at the Foundry and controlled the room. It was really an evening with an epic sound track at a venue that was as unique as our taste.

My wife and I could not have been happier with Jane. We highly recommend Jane for any event that requires an enthusiastic professional who knows music, knows people, and knows how to get everyone into their happy place! Thank you Jane!!

Profile Picture Craig, 3/24/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC

From the very start Stylus was awesome to work with. We initially spoke with Jane, who was helpful and willing to work within our budget. She introduced us to our DJ, Amber Lynn, who worked closely with us throughout the entire process.

My husband and I both love music, and when it came to our wedding we had a really clear idea of what we wanted. We dreamed of a funk dance party that had an old school vibe, and wanted to feature songs that were important to us and our families. Amber Lynn was integral to this vision and totally made it happen. Early on she set up a call to discuss details, and brought up a ton of great points that I hadn’t yet considered. I’m a pretty shy person, and she had suggestions on ways to help make my husband and I comfortable, and ways to structure the night to flow smoothly while keeping it low pressure for us as the bride and groom.

I was very impressed with her organization and attention to details in the lead up to the wedding, and that organization extended to the day-of as well. Amber Lynn immediately put us at ease when we met in person, and created the perfect wedding day playlist that reflected our tastes. She also handled all the audio for our small ceremony and had everything set up and ready to roll, including a microphone for our use and music throughout the ceremony. Music for cocktail hour and dinner were exactly what we wished for, and she really nailed our style. Thank you, Amber Lynn, for making our day magical!

Profile Picture Ali, 2/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Amber Lynne was amazing as the DJ for our wedding! From day one she worked with us and helped us build the perfect playlist from beginning to end. She read the room well and knew when to play which song. My husband and I got so many compliments during and after the wedding! We very highly recommend Stylus and Amber Lynne. Thanks so much for helping make our special day even better!

Profile Picture Jordan, 1/25/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We are so happy we hired Jane to be our DJ for our wedding! My husband has some pretty unique musical taste and we both did not want any generic dance songs to be played, but yet we wanted our guests to recognize the music and dance. Jane helped us figure out the best playlist for us and it was a success! Our guests, including older folks, had a great time dancing to more current dance music. Jane also DJ'ed throughout our dinner, which to no fault of her own, had gone on longer than planned, so she added some faster tempo songs between courses to bring the energy level up before we started dancing. She ended the night on a perfect song that just made our evening so so so special! We are not the type to be sentimental but it was actually quite magical! Lastly, early on in our discussions we came across some hiccups and Jane was very professional, quickly finding solutions to make us happy. She was a great communicator and quick to respond. We highly recommend Jane!

Profile Picture Jill, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jane was amazing! She kept people on the dance floor all night and was really able to understand all the different types of people and what they all would enjoy! She was incredibly responsive to all my emails and questions prior to the event and she was on time and super on top of everything the day of.

Profile Picture Ali, 10/14/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Jane from Stylus DJ’ed our wedding at the end of September. She was incredibly responsive and helpful, and was a big hit with the crowd! Our wedding was about two hours away from Jane’s homebase, and she worked seamlessly with our venue to make sure that everything was prepared for our wedding day. Things went super smoothly, and Jane kept the evening together. We would hire her anytime! Definitely go with Jane and Stylus!

Profile Picture Rob, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I knew once I found Stylus DJ Entertainment, there was no need to look any further for a DJ service. We were so pleased with their services from the very beginning. With only one month until our wedding, we were more than lucky they were available for our day. Jane was extremely friendly, professional, and diligent from the first correspondence. She was quick and responsive to our taste in music, and referred us to Valerie June, ensuring she would be able to execute our vision perfectly. Nonetheless, Valerie was all that and more than what I had hoped. We wanted to veer away from the typical wedding reception, and sought something more nontraditional and unconventional. She thoroughly accommodated our specific musical taste and requests, while perfectly arranging the musical direction and mood of the day. By the end of the night, I couldn't keep myself off of the dancefloor, and that was exactly what I wanted on my wedding day! I was so happy.

Profile Picture Dorianne, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jane was a phenomenal wedding DJ. We wanted a non-traditional DJ who could handle our eclectic tastes (house, funk, disco) and she delivered 10x over. She was so easy to work with, especially in the week leading up to the big day when we had a few big, last-minute requests. She paced out the event perfectly, from the speeches to the dancing to dessert. Everyone raved about the music that night, including our very picky moms. If she's available on your big day, Jane is the way to go.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I worked with a personal connection at Stylus, Jim Siegel, for my wedding. Jim, formerly of Rough Trade records and Other Music, has a broad knowledge of popular music and a firm handle on the good stuff. He's highly professional, perfectly attentive, and imminently professional, yet relaxed. He played a balanced mix of our musical favourites/tastes accompanied by corresponding selections from his library, which, while a winning formula, was not at all formulaic. Our friends and family were up and dancing for a long time, and they really did rave about the music ex post facto. Additionally, he's a good MC, and, AND, he has all of his own equipment, quality stuff, so he's prepared to do business even in locations totally bereft of audio equipment. I recommend Jim unreservedly, for weddings or, indeed, any other social engagement at which music will be central. He's a good value for money. Cheers, JN.

Profile Picture Justin, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jane Elizabeth was awesome! We were lucky to have her as the DJ for our wedding. She was professional and easy to work with during the wedding planning process and was great at DJing our wedding. She knows music well and has the innate gift of understanding what her clients and their guests like in regards to music style. She was also a good MC and kept the event organized and on schedule.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jane went above and beyond to make our wedding great. She put in a lot of time ahead of the date coordinating with our other vendors and making sure that the sound system was set up appropriately for our ceremony. She met with us ahead of time and made it clear that she would cater to us in terms of what music we did or did not want played. As a DJ she kept the dance floor packed for hours. She did a great job of incorporating our favorite songs, adding songs that she thought would go well with the current mood, and even taking (and filtering) guest requests. She also gave us the playlist as it was played after the event.

Profile Picture Helen, 8/19/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I were looking for a DJ that would not make our wedding feel like a hyped up bar mitzvah. Jane's vibe was absolutely perfect. She was very organized, bringing 4 or 5 playlists that we sent her together to create a very personal feeling for the day. We had a lot of requirements for what we needed to play to get all of our relatives to feel included but we also wanted the wedding to feel "cool" and not just a bunch of top 40 songs. Jane found a way to do just that. Many guests from my aunts and uncles to our younger friends and co workers complimented the music. And we felt like her rate was such a bargain compared to many other DJs in the New York area. We feel like we found a very special needle in the hay stack and look forward to recommending her to our friends!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were extremely lucky to have found Jane Elizabeth for our wedding! She was very helpful and adaptive throughout the whole planning process.

We had a wedding where half of the invited people were Mexican, and the other half were American, so we wanted a unique mix of 70s / 80s dance songs and current latin dance music. I sent her a playlist of latin song suggestions thinking that she had little exposure to that kind of music, but she is such an expert that she ended up suggesting additions to the playlist that were spot on. Other than the playlist, we just gave her a handful of "must play" songs and the set she came up with for us was excellent.

During the wedding celebration she was able to keep everyone happy and dancing. We had an unforgettable night! She was also super flexible and accommodating when the Mariachi band was late (at 2:30am, mind you) and kept the crowd energized and dancing till the very end.

I'm sure that Jane took care of many more things during the wedding that I have no idea about, but that's the whole point about finding someone who is amazing: you get to enjoy your own wedding. Thanks Jane for everything!!!

Profile Picture JC, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

I cannot say enough good things about Jane! Of all the DJs we met with she was by far the most professional and organized. I knew that if we chose her we wouldn't have to worry at all and I was right. She was so thorough in her questions and she mentioned things I never would have thought of. We gave her a very small sampling of songs we liked and she turned it into an amazing playlist for the reception. She even made it into a spotify playlist and emailed it to us afterwards so we could keep reliving the memories. I would recommend Jane 10 out of 10 times.

Profile Picture bonnie, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Choosing Jane as our wedding DJ was one of the best wedding planning decisions we could have made! From the moment we started working the Jane, we knew it was a perfect fit. If you are looking for a fun and nontraditional wedding DJ, who is also super organized and easy to work with, then Jane is your match!! She fully understood our vision and aesthetic, and gave us the punk rock & new wave wedding of our dreams! One month later, and our guests are STILL talking about how awesome and different all of our wedding music was, from the pre-ceremony all the way until the reception. Hearing all of our guests literally start chanting "one more song!" after she played the last song of the night, was one of my favorite wedding day memories! Jane played so many awesome songs, that it was honestly difficult for me to get off the dance floor and go eat. Not to mention, she was all around just a super nice, rad, and professional person to work with. We couldn't have asked for anything better in a wedding DJ!!

Profile Picture Valerie, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jane was an absolute dream to work with, and she made our wedding feel so very "us". After some initial calls to various djs, I was feeling a bit discouraged. They didn't seem at all familiar with the genres we were into, let alone bands or songs. When I emailed Jane, she knew exactly what we were talking about, and put together the most perfect blend of jazz, punk, rock n roll, French pop, new wave, power pop, soul; we were beyond happy. The event had an effortless flow from start to finish, and when it was time to dance everyone was up and bopping around. She even followed up with a playlist and a Spotify link. HIGHLY recommended, especially if you're not the jock jams type!

Profile Picture dana, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

So first let me admit that one of the things we wanted from our wedding DJ was to have her take charge and do everything. We had some strong musical ideas, but after giving Jane Elizabeth those, we pretty much got out of the way.

And we’re so glad we did. She was INCREDIBLE, from our first email exchanges to one long phone call that solidified what she was doing. And after that, we barely spoke at all. Not because she was inattentive – on the contrary, she sent us regular updates. But she was in direct contact with our wedding venue and other vendors, leaving us time to worry about all the other things a couple planning to get married worry about.

The first time we met her face-to-face was 15 minutes before the ceremony. We thought we would have to have a conversation about something – speaker placement, music cues, something. But nope. Jane had already coordinated with the wedding coordinator at the venue and had everything ready to go. And the evening itself was so smooth that we never worried for a second about the music or the DJ. This was all because of Jane’s excellent and thorough preparation and expertise.

And then there was the music itself. Perfect. Absolutely perfect. She blended many of the songs we had given her to give her an idea of our aesthetic with many of her own selections into an atmospherically magical cocktail and dinner soundtrack. And the dance part of the evening was a perfect mix of exactly what we wanted – some New Wave, some Brit Pop, some Riot Grrls, and some great Top 40 dance music that had us dancing until the lights were turned on. She even negotiated the inevitably weird request from the odd guest and turned it into something fun.

As we joked with her at the end of the night, we can’t wait to get married again so she can be the DJ!

Profile Picture LUISSA, 4/1/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Jane did a wonderful job at our wedding reception! My husbnd was very picky about which song he wanted/didn't want played and she accommodated well! Our guests were thrilled with her services. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an unforgettable celebration!

Profile Picture Patrick, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jane was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. She perfectly understood the vibe we were going for, responded quickly, and helped guide us every step of the way. Prior to the wedding she volunteered to head to our venue and to meet with our planner, and on the day of there were no issues to speak of. Most importantly, the dance floor was packed.

Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Brian, 3/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My partner and I had two things that were extremely important to us on our wedding day: 1) our best people were there to celebrate, and 2) great music. Jane made our dream come true! We spent a lot of time researching DJs and had quite a few introductory phone calls, but Jane blew everyone else away. jane listened to what was important to us, what we liked and didn't like, asked for the amount of input we'd like from her, and delivered on that 100%. We had SO many people tell us that our wedding was the best they've been too, and we all know how much music makes the night! Thank you SO MUCH, Jane Elizabeth. We are thrilled with your work, and so pleased to have met you (she is also just a terrific human!).

Profile Picture Hannah, 1/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Early last year we began our search for a wedding DJ and were lucky enough to come across DJ Jane Elizabeth's website. After reading some reviews, we were confident she would be good, but we were in a bit of a unique situation in that we had to plan our NYC wedding remotely from London. This meant we really had to trust the person we were working with, and that planning everything from a distance would not be an issue. We had a few other calls with what seemed like wedding DJ factories and were keen to avoid that for our wedding. When we had the initial call with Jane we knew that she was the perfect DJ for us.

Jane was incredibly friendly, took the time to get to know us, and understand what we were looking for at our wedding. She went through how she worked, and how the event would go, and we really felt that personal touch everyone wants for their wedding. She even took the initiative to contact our venue directly to get more information that we did't have, which eased our planning burden.

At the main event she performed perfectly, keeping the intimate moments special, and getting the crowd up and dancing during the party. She handled all of the announcements, played great music, and offering great selections combined with our must have songs. She organised the songs so that there was a great flow, and the best part was when we saw our parents up and dancing together at the end of the party.

Jane made planning from a distance an ease, was very friendly and trustworthy, and helped to make our wedding day perfect and we highly recommend her for events.

Profile Picture James, 12/18/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I will start by saying my now-husband is a musician, so are most of his friends, and so is my father & older brother. So to say music was important to us is an understatement. It was my #1 priority. When I came across Jane's website, I knew she'd be able to give us exactly what we wanted-and she definitely did! It isn't that we have exceptionally rare music taste or anything, but we knew we didn't want certain music played (any line dancing, boy bands, etc.) and she completely understood that. Not only did she listen to what we wanted, she helped with her own great suggestions. She was able to put in our must-plays while mixing in fun music for ALL ages the whole night. I can't tell you how many people complimented me on Jane. She hands-down got the most compliments across the board! Even my grandmother, who typically has something to say about a DJ being too loud, loved her. My caterer and her staff also said it was the best DJ & music they had heard at a wedding in forever. From the start Jane was so helpful & kind. She was responsive and answered any questions as soon as she could. She helped my dad plan a surprise song clip at the end of his speech for me, which was so special. She is incredibly organized with her music catalog, and sent it to me to look at which helped me out a lot. Sharing a Google doc made things so easy as well. The best part about her is she gets to know you so she understands where you're coming from in regards to music choices or do-not plays. She really cares and wants to find a way to make the couple happy, as well as keeping 130 guests in mind. You can tell she has a passion for GOOD music, and doesn't force anything on you. It was great to feel understood on the biggest day of our lives. She executed the song list perfectly, and everyone had an amazing time. We highly recommend Jane to anyone who wants a DJ who truly cares about the music, the couple getting married & making it the best day for them. She is a rare find!!

Profile Picture Melissa , 12/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

We had a blast working with Jane for our November wedding! From day one, Jane was extremely responsive, organized, and easy to talk to. Her planning style was a dream for both me, a Type A bride, and my husband, a laid back groom.

Throughout the planning process, Jane was eager to collaborate on the playlist and day-of timeline; we shared a few Google docs where we curated music together, and vibed off of each other to build out the structure of the day. We had a few non-traditional requests which Jane happily accommodated, i.e., no organized dances (like the Electric Slide), playing a mix of indie and Top 40s songs, and no announcements for activities like the cake cutting. Jane even spiced up our requests and ideas with ideas of her own! We ended up only giving Jane a handful of “must play” songs, but totally trusted her to handle the rest of the playlist.

When it finally came to the wedding day, Jane read the crowd on the dance floor perfectly. We had people raving about the music for days after, ranging from older guests to our youngest friends. The dance floor was packed all night!

After the last song, our guests were on the dance floor gleefully chanting “Jane, Jane Jane”…a sure sign of a job extremely well done!

Profile Picture Dani, 11/18/16, 3 Reviews