89 Reviews for Stylus DJ Entertainment

One Event Per Day (17)
Liability Insurance (7)
Uplighting (5)
88 Stylus DJ Entertainment Reviews

Jane was incredible. Our wedding was less than 24 hours ago and I wanted to be sure we wrote a review ASAP. She was highly responsive, worked with our high maintenance playlist, was reasonably priced, was extremely friendly, and helped greatly to make our night so perfect. Thank you so much Jane, I only wish I had another event to plan so we could hire you again!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/23/18, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jane Elizabeth did a great job on the music for our wedding. We're didn't have a strong musical vision so did not give her a lot of guidance and she created a fun vibe and read the crowd very well. Throughout the planning process she was responsive and helpful. Would definitely recommend booking her for your wedding.

Profile Picture Bridget, 6/16/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Stylus and Jane were an indispensable part of our wedding festivities. Jane's presence and professionalism were exceptional - she helped us make quick stress-free decisions to keep our events moving along - helping us remember and execute all we had envisioned for the day. Jane managed our ceremony audio needs perfectly and played our preferred playlist while adding brilliant touches of her own. She kept our whole wedding party dancing all night long! It would be hard to imagine a DJ more suited to our pull off our vision - a big thank you to Stylus and Jane!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Jane was awesome, very thoughtful and kind and good at relating to our very specific needs (Jewish and Queer!). We'd love to celebrate with her again.

Profile Picture Avigail, 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jane was great! She was very accommodating, responsive and just helped us through our wedding transitions by making it so easy and smooth. We also gave her a list of artist that we liked and she made an amazing playlist. When the music started, everyone was dancing till the end of the night! Also, THANK YOU for the playlist - we have been listening to it on our car rides and it brings back lots of wonderful memories :D

Profile Picture Ida , 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had DJ Amber Lynn for our wedding on 5/12/18. We were looking for a DJ that wouldn't just play the "typical" wedding music you always hear, and she was perfect fit. Amber Lynn started a Google doc for us to share songs we wanted to hear, which made it easy to communicate. She played a great mix of music which tied in what we wanted to hear, with fun upbeat music to keep everyone dancing. Would totally recommend to anyone, particularly couples looking for a more offbeat playlist for their wedding! She also followed up with us post-wedding with a spotify playlist of our songs for when we wanted to reminisce, which was very sweet :)

Profile Picture Caitlin, 5/12/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: MC

DJ Katie from Stylus DJ Entertainment dj’d our May 12, 2018 and did an AMAZING job!! She played music that perfectly matched the vibe we were going for our wedding! DJ Katie translated our description of the vibe we wanted and a few songs that we liked into the most amazing wedding playlists that, no exaggerating, were better than anything we were envisioning for our dream wedding. She also made an edit for the father/daughter dance that was really special! She amazingly adapted to day of changes to the schedule/music and expertly navigated dealing with guests requesting music on the “no play” list. Overall, we would absolutely recommend DJ Katie and Stylus DJ Entertainment to anyone looking for great music and wonderful people to work with!

Profile Picture kallie, 5/12/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with Stylus to select a DJ for our wedding. We had a very specific idea of what we wanted -- a totally 50s/60s/70s dance party featuring nothing but Motown/soul/disco jams. Jane listened to our requests and suggested two DJs who would be a good fit. We really vibed with Alicia and booked her immediately. She didn't disappoint--she was super charming, a great communicator, was really responsive to our vision, and had great suggestions when it came to how we wanted the reception to flow in terms of speeches, cake cutting, etc. And she was even more incredible day-of. She really read the room and guided the reception beautifully, the songs were perfectly ordered, and she brought so much positive energy to the room, bopping around behind the DJ booth and really seeming to dig what she was doing. Our guests were freaking out--they said the music was the best they'd ever heard at a wedding. Thank you, Alicia and Stylus!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/12/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Jane was the definition of a true professional. She always responded right away, and everything occurred exactly as we had expected. She got everyone dancing, and was one of the main reasons our wedding wemt off without a hitch!

Chelsea & Craig

Profile Picture Craig, 5/10/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jane was one of the first vendors I hired for my wedding based on her phenomenal reviews and I'm SO happy I did! She did an amazing job, people were on the dance floor allll night, and not just a few of my guests, literally everyone was up on the dance floor having a blast! Hire Jane if you want to have stress-free planning when it comes to the music for your wedding. She does not disappoint!!

Profile Picture User7652593, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I retained Jane after researching DJs and coming across Stylus DJ Entertainment. From the first phone call to the last song, Jane was professional, warm, fun, and spot on for handling our nontraditional, and somewhat distinctive event. Indeed, we were looking for someone that had the similar mindset in providing our guests with a cool variety of music that evolved as the evening unfolded. My wife and I essentially provided Jane with our vision, the three main categories of music (i.e. country, down tempo, 80’s, - and some traditional/ cultural music for my wife’s family), and two must haves (i.e. wedding and last call). Other than that, we provided a list of songs that we would like to hear, and Jane was off to the races. She spent time meticulously going through our selections; getting familiar, and then branching off from them to enhance and broaden the library of options. Notwithstanding the time and effort Jane put into understating our vibe, she showed-up on game day and delivered. The real essence of the music is to transport your guests in a comfort zone where the mood matches the energy in the building and on the dance floor. From Luke Bryan, to Sofi Tukker, Jason Aldean, REO Speedwagon, to some Bel Biv Devoe, the guests were all smiles, all night. Jane was stationed on the upper floor at the Foundry and controlled the room. It was really an evening with an epic sound track at a venue that was as unique as our taste.

My wife and I could not have been happier with Jane. We highly recommend Jane for any event that requires an enthusiastic professional who knows music, knows people, and knows how to get everyone into their happy place! Thank you Jane!!

Profile Picture Craig, 3/24/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC

From the very start Stylus was awesome to work with. We initially spoke with Jane, who was helpful and willing to work within our budget. She introduced us to our DJ, Amber Lynn, who worked closely with us throughout the entire process.

My husband and I both love music, and when it came to our wedding we had a really clear idea of what we wanted. We dreamed of a funk dance party that had an old school vibe, and wanted to feature songs that were important to us and our families. Amber Lynn was integral to this vision and totally made it happen. Early on she set up a call to discuss details, and brought up a ton of great points that I hadn’t yet considered. I’m a pretty shy person, and she had suggestions on ways to help make my husband and I comfortable, and ways to structure the night to flow smoothly while keeping it low pressure for us as the bride and groom.

I was very impressed with her organization and attention to details in the lead up to the wedding, and that organization extended to the day-of as well. Amber Lynn immediately put us at ease when we met in person, and created the perfect wedding day playlist that reflected our tastes. She also handled all the audio for our small ceremony and had everything set up and ready to roll, including a microphone for our use and music throughout the ceremony. Music for cocktail hour and dinner were exactly what we wished for, and she really nailed our style. Thank you, Amber Lynn, for making our day magical!

Profile Picture Ali, 2/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Amber Lynne was amazing as the DJ for our wedding! From day one she worked with us and helped us build the perfect playlist from beginning to end. She read the room well and knew when to play which song. My husband and I got so many compliments during and after the wedding! We very highly recommend Stylus and Amber Lynne. Thanks so much for helping make our special day even better!

Profile Picture Jordan, 1/25/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We are so happy we hired Jane to be our DJ for our wedding! My husband has some pretty unique musical taste and we both did not want any generic dance songs to be played, but yet we wanted our guests to recognize the music and dance. Jane helped us figure out the best playlist for us and it was a success! Our guests, including older folks, had a great time dancing to more current dance music. Jane also DJ'ed throughout our dinner, which to no fault of her own, had gone on longer than planned, so she added some faster tempo songs between courses to bring the energy level up before we started dancing. She ended the night on a perfect song that just made our evening so so so special! We are not the type to be sentimental but it was actually quite magical! Lastly, early on in our discussions we came across some hiccups and Jane was very professional, quickly finding solutions to make us happy. She was a great communicator and quick to respond. We highly recommend Jane!

Profile Picture Jill, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Book DJ Katie Rose if you want your wedding to be the best dance party of your life! Katie is thoughtful, creative, easy to work with, responsive to any and all requests and is a true collaborator. After the wedding she also sent us our playlist on Spotify, which is a wonderful gift that we will enjoy forever more. We found Jane Elizabeth and Stylus Events through online research, and then discovered that she plays sets at a local favorite, The Bell House in Brooklyn. Jane then connected us to Katie, who was the perfect fit for our event. Our request was someone who plays songs that you may not have heard in a while, but once they're on you say, "oh I love this song!" and get out on the dance floor. I get emotional with gratitude when I say that Katie's music made our wedding reception as wonderful as it was. Thank you DJ Katie Rose and Jane Elizabeth!

Profile Picture Kylie, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Jane was amazing! She kept people on the dance floor all night and was really able to understand all the different types of people and what they all would enjoy! She was incredibly responsive to all my emails and questions prior to the event and she was on time and super on top of everything the day of.

Profile Picture Ali, 10/14/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

We found Stylus DJs while searching for unconventional wedding DJs. My husband and I both wanted an amazing dance party with more oldies than new stuff. We were so happy when Jane from Stylus recommended Amber Lynn Ensign as the perfect fit. She was super friendly throughout the planning process, responding with great detail to my 100 emails that sometimes ended with "does that make sense?" Amber Lynn made sense of them all and delivered our vision on the day of our wedding. One of the things our guests immediately remarked on was the great music she played. Looking back on the photos, she helped our amazing dance party dreams come true! We danced all night! Thank you Amber Lynn and Stylus DJs for helping us throw an incredible party!

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/30/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Jane from Stylus DJ’ed our wedding at the end of September. She was incredibly responsive and helpful, and was a big hit with the crowd! Our wedding was about two hours away from Jane’s homebase, and she worked seamlessly with our venue to make sure that everything was prepared for our wedding day. Things went super smoothly, and Jane kept the evening together. We would hire her anytime! Definitely go with Jane and Stylus!

Profile Picture Rob, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I knew once I found Stylus DJ Entertainment, there was no need to look any further for a DJ service. We were so pleased with their services from the very beginning. With only one month until our wedding, we were more than lucky they were available for our day. Jane was extremely friendly, professional, and diligent from the first correspondence. She was quick and responsive to our taste in music, and referred us to Valerie June, ensuring she would be able to execute our vision perfectly. Nonetheless, Valerie was all that and more than what I had hoped. We wanted to veer away from the typical wedding reception, and sought something more nontraditional and unconventional. She thoroughly accommodated our specific musical taste and requests, while perfectly arranging the musical direction and mood of the day. By the end of the night, I couldn't keep myself off of the dancefloor, and that was exactly what I wanted on my wedding day! I was so happy.

Profile Picture Dorianne, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jane was a phenomenal wedding DJ. We wanted a non-traditional DJ who could handle our eclectic tastes (house, funk, disco) and she delivered 10x over. She was so easy to work with, especially in the week leading up to the big day when we had a few big, last-minute requests. She paced out the event perfectly, from the speeches to the dancing to dessert. Everyone raved about the music that night, including our very picky moms. If she's available on your big day, Jane is the way to go.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I worked with a personal connection at Stylus, Jim Siegel, for my wedding. Jim, formerly of Rough Trade records and Other Music, has a broad knowledge of popular music and a firm handle on the good stuff. He's highly professional, perfectly attentive, and imminently professional, yet relaxed. He played a balanced mix of our musical favourites/tastes accompanied by corresponding selections from his library, which, while a winning formula, was not at all formulaic. Our friends and family were up and dancing for a long time, and they really did rave about the music ex post facto. Additionally, he's a good MC, and, AND, he has all of his own equipment, quality stuff, so he's prepared to do business even in locations totally bereft of audio equipment. I recommend Jim unreservedly, for weddings or, indeed, any other social engagement at which music will be central. He's a good value for money. Cheers, JN.

Profile Picture Justin, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jane Elizabeth was awesome! We were lucky to have her as the DJ for our wedding. She was professional and easy to work with during the wedding planning process and was great at DJing our wedding. She knows music well and has the innate gift of understanding what her clients and their guests like in regards to music style. She was also a good MC and kept the event organized and on schedule.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jane went above and beyond to make our wedding great. She put in a lot of time ahead of the date coordinating with our other vendors and making sure that the sound system was set up appropriately for our ceremony. She met with us ahead of time and made it clear that she would cater to us in terms of what music we did or did not want played. As a DJ she kept the dance floor packed for hours. She did a great job of incorporating our favorite songs, adding songs that she thought would go well with the current mood, and even taking (and filtering) guest requests. She also gave us the playlist as it was played after the event.

Profile Picture Helen, 8/19/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I were looking for a DJ that would not make our wedding feel like a hyped up bar mitzvah. Jane's vibe was absolutely perfect. She was very organized, bringing 4 or 5 playlists that we sent her together to create a very personal feeling for the day. We had a lot of requirements for what we needed to play to get all of our relatives to feel included but we also wanted the wedding to feel "cool" and not just a bunch of top 40 songs. Jane found a way to do just that. Many guests from my aunts and uncles to our younger friends and co workers complimented the music. And we felt like her rate was such a bargain compared to many other DJs in the New York area. We feel like we found a very special needle in the hay stack and look forward to recommending her to our friends!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/11/17, 1 Review