103 Reviews for Stylus DJ Entertainment

One Event Per Day (19)
Liability Insurance (8)
Uplighting (6)
102 Stylus DJ Entertainment Reviews

Katie nailed it! The flow of the day was amazing and all my guests want the Spotify playlist!

Profile Picture Anna, 9/8/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I honestly can not rave about Amber enough! She was our DJ for our wedding this August and she was amazing. She totally understood that I was a little picky with our music selection and she catered so carefully and wonderfully to our needs. From the very beginning she was organized, professional and so easy to work with. We had an amazing time at our wedding and Amber is to thank for keeping the mood perfect. I would HIGHLY recommend working with Stylus, but ask for Amber!

Profile Picture Dana, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My partner and I got married this past August and Jane Elizabeth of Stylus DJ Entertainment was our DJ. Everyone loved Jane! Everyone thought the music was amazing. My partner and I had been looking for a female DJ for our wedding and the second we saw Jane’s website we knew she would be the perfect fit. She assured us that we could have all the music we liked and still make sure everyone was happy. She paid special attention to the demographics of our guest list and the songs/artists we most wanted to hear. It was super helpful to hear the playlists of previous events that Jane had done from her Spotify. Most importantly, it felt like Jane really understood who we are and the musical vibe we wanted for our wedding. We would definitely recommend Stylus DJ Entertainment and will definitely be going to all of Jane’s New York City events!

*Queer friendly vendor*

Profile Picture Katie, 8/18/18, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had a wonderful experience with Amber Lynn from stylus, who DJ'd our wedding this August. From initial contact, to our meeting before the event, to the day of, Amber just completely got what we were looking for and delivered. We set her up with a playlist of music we liked, and she ran with it. She had our guests up and dancing the whole time. She was easy to work with, very responsive and professional. We would highly recommend her and Stylus!

Profile Picture Tori, 8/11/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

WOW! Alicia was our DJ for our wedding and we don't have enough words to describe what an incredible job she did - not only was dealing with her a delight in the run up to the day, but the way she read the crowd and kept our friends and family dancing all night long was testament to the thought she put into every song played. THANK YOU Stylus for giving us Alicia!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My partner and I were searching for a queer friendly wedding DJ in the Hudson Valley area and were so thrilled that we found Sarah Van Buren. From the get-go, Sarah was incredibly kind, flexible, creative, client-centered and was a huge factor in helping to make our night as magical as it was. Sarah provided the music for both our ceremony and reception and went above and beyond to help us put forth our vision and was more available to us with support/help then we could have ever imagined. Sarah really listened to what we wanted and played all the songs we hoped for as well as adding great music that totally matched the mood of the event and both our music tastes. Our families are still raving about the great music and were all out on the dance floor loving it very early on in the reception through the remainder of the night! To speak to Sarah’s intuitive ability to cater to her customer’s taste she even threw in a song that was referenced in my best friend’s toast about our childhood (following my friend’s speech)—such a wonderful touch! It was so nice to have a DJ that is calm, fun, and considerate and even helped my partner and I solve problems the day of! From the beginning both Sarah and Jane were incredibly easy to communicate with via phone and email and always professional and kind. Thank you again for helping to make our big night fun and easy!

Profile Picture Mallory, 7/29/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Valerie worked with us remotely -- as we flew in from abroad for our wedding! -- and was extremely accommodating in playing a very specialized genre of songs that we requested, mixing it effortlessly with classic wedding hits, and even playing the Hokey-Pokey for the little ones, which was a great success. Our only suggestions would be to be very specific about no-play requests (and also give examples of types of music), and also specify whether you would like to start the dancing during the meal or only afterwards. Overall, it was a fabulous party and we will remember it forever!

Profile Picture Jen , 7/29/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I could not have been happier with the entire experience of Stylus and DJ Alicia for our July 2018 wedding in the Jersey Shore area. Professional at every step, she made sure you can put in your input on the overall mood of the music and will consult with you well in advance to get you on the right track; but I would recommend just letting Alicia go for it creatively and not to over-think your playlist recommendations, as she really knows how to read a room in the moment and adds her own element of fun. We had all ages at the reception and from my 3 year old niece dancing all night to DJ Alicia catering to our 86 year old Polish Grandfather with a wedding polka, everyone in the room couldn't stop dancing all night and raving about her talents the next day. She even got my Father to tap dance to "Ride with Me", which was a highlight of the entire evening. Alicia helped us relax by organizing the intro's of parents/bridal party and kept the evening flowing well with keeping us on task for the cake cutting and speeches, etc. But really it is the KILLER dance party she provides that your guests will be talking about afterwards. Even the quality of her sound and slick song segues were top shelf. If you are nervous at all about finding the right DJ for you that won't be the stereotypical "cheesy wedding DJ", but want something with some tasteful fun and a calming presence, I could not recommend Stylus and DJ Alicia enough. You CANNOT go wrong here.

Profile Picture Eric, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Stylus came recommended through my sister in law. My wife and I couldn't have been happier working with Jane. She made the process smooth and easy. Everything we asked for she was able to accommodate without a problem. Almost all of our guests complimented us on the music and for that we owe Jane a big THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Nicholas, 7/27/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I had two priorities for our wedding: great food and amazing music. We were looking for not-your-usual-wedding-DJ, and came upon Stylus. After listening to some sample mixtapes, we had found what we were looking for. Jane Elizabeth was great to work with, very responsive, and put us in touch with DJ Amber Lynn, who was wonderful. After a call to walk through what we were looking for, we sent some song ideas back and forth. A musician myself, I sent Amber Lynn several tunes to work in, and she placed them perfectly in the mix. We had (what I considered) a fairly busy timeline of dances, toasts, and announcements, and everything went super smoothly. From start to finish, we had a great experience with Stylus and DJ Amber Lynn, and would absolutely recommend them again!

Profile Picture Mike, 7/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We loved working with Katie Rose, and every person I interacted with at Stylus was great and totally professional. I started out speaking with Jane, who gave me a sense of all the different DJs who work for her to see who would be a good fit. Katie Rose not only seemed like a good match for our needs, but was also within our budget. The great thing about Stylus is that they have several DJs with different styles and price points, so they can pretty much make anything work on your budget. After having a preliminary call with Katie Rose, I knew we'd get along great. It was great to be able to communicate with her both via email and text, and to have a collaborative Google Sheet where we could bat around and organize ideas. Katie Rose also works using Spotify, and linked us to other weddings that she did, which was really helpful in helping envision our own day. She rolled with some of our weirder requests, and kept the party moving! She might not have the years of experience that some of the more senior Stylus DJs have, but she is a total professional, super nice, and can make your dream wedding happen! I can't recommend her more highly.

Profile Picture Denise, 7/7/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We were so lucky to have DJ Jane for our wedding. She was fun and our guests had a blast. Our favorite thing was she really listened to what we wanted out of our night. Couldn't be more happy. Plus she rolled with our weird requests and led our wedding through an East Coast vs West Coast dance-off.

Profile Picture Sonya, 7/3/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jane was incredible. Our wedding was less than 24 hours ago and I wanted to be sure we wrote a review ASAP. She was highly responsive, worked with our high maintenance playlist, was reasonably priced, was extremely friendly, and helped greatly to make our night so perfect. Thank you so much Jane, I only wish I had another event to plan so we could hire you again!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/23/18, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jane Elizabeth did a great job on the music for our wedding. We're didn't have a strong musical vision so did not give her a lot of guidance and she created a fun vibe and read the crowd very well. Throughout the planning process she was responsive and helpful. Would definitely recommend booking her for your wedding.

Profile Picture Bridget, 6/16/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Alicia was completely wonderful to work with, and was also probably the coolest thing about our wedding :) She was so easy to talk to, was very organized, communicative, and reassuring, and struck exactly the right note with the music she played all night. We had been having trouble nailing down the flow of our reception, but during our Skype consultation with Alicia, she put us totally at ease as she confidently and kindly helped us make decisions that would help establish the flow of everything. We could tell right away we were in good hands with her, and she did not disappoint! I would recommend her highly to anyone looking for a super easy-going, professional, kind, fun, and super cool DJ!

Profile Picture Liz, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Stylus was a breath of fresh air in our DJ search! We loved everything about them - cool, accessible, and NOT over-the-top the way so many DJ companies are. Jane was friendly and quick to communicate. She gifted us with our DJ Amber Lynn who was a sweetheart through and through. She listened to what we wanted and built up a killer set around that. We had some traditional family dances we wanted to incorporate and AL was wonderful in doing so. She even sent us a custom Spotify playlist of all our wedding music a few days later! It’s such a cute idea and I love listening to it whenever I want to revisit the day. I would recommend Stylus to anyone in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Bridget, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Stylus and Jane were an indispensable part of our wedding festivities. Jane's presence and professionalism were exceptional - she helped us make quick stress-free decisions to keep our events moving along - helping us remember and execute all we had envisioned for the day. Jane managed our ceremony audio needs perfectly and played our preferred playlist while adding brilliant touches of her own. She kept our whole wedding party dancing all night long! It would be hard to imagine a DJ more suited to our pull off our vision - a big thank you to Stylus and Jane!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Jane was awesome, very thoughtful and kind and good at relating to our very specific needs (Jewish and Queer!). We'd love to celebrate with her again.

Profile Picture Avigail, 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jane was great! She was very accommodating, responsive and just helped us through our wedding transitions by making it so easy and smooth. We also gave her a list of artist that we liked and she made an amazing playlist. When the music started, everyone was dancing till the end of the night! Also, THANK YOU for the playlist - we have been listening to it on our car rides and it brings back lots of wonderful memories :D

Profile Picture Ida , 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had DJ Amber Lynn for our wedding on 5/12/18. We were looking for a DJ that wouldn't just play the "typical" wedding music you always hear, and she was perfect fit. Amber Lynn started a Google doc for us to share songs we wanted to hear, which made it easy to communicate. She played a great mix of music which tied in what we wanted to hear, with fun upbeat music to keep everyone dancing. Would totally recommend to anyone, particularly couples looking for a more offbeat playlist for their wedding! She also followed up with us post-wedding with a spotify playlist of our songs for when we wanted to reminisce, which was very sweet :)

Profile Picture Caitlin, 5/12/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: MC

DJ Katie from Stylus DJ Entertainment dj’d our May 12, 2018 and did an AMAZING job!! She played music that perfectly matched the vibe we were going for our wedding! DJ Katie translated our description of the vibe we wanted and a few songs that we liked into the most amazing wedding playlists that, no exaggerating, were better than anything we were envisioning for our dream wedding. She also made an edit for the father/daughter dance that was really special! She amazingly adapted to day of changes to the schedule/music and expertly navigated dealing with guests requesting music on the “no play” list. Overall, we would absolutely recommend DJ Katie and Stylus DJ Entertainment to anyone looking for great music and wonderful people to work with!

Profile Picture kallie, 5/12/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with Stylus to select a DJ for our wedding. We had a very specific idea of what we wanted -- a totally 50s/60s/70s dance party featuring nothing but Motown/soul/disco jams. Jane listened to our requests and suggested two DJs who would be a good fit. We really vibed with Alicia and booked her immediately. She didn't disappoint--she was super charming, a great communicator, was really responsive to our vision, and had great suggestions when it came to how we wanted the reception to flow in terms of speeches, cake cutting, etc. And she was even more incredible day-of. She really read the room and guided the reception beautifully, the songs were perfectly ordered, and she brought so much positive energy to the room, bopping around behind the DJ booth and really seeming to dig what she was doing. Our guests were freaking out--they said the music was the best they'd ever heard at a wedding. Thank you, Alicia and Stylus!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/12/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Jane was the definition of a true professional. She always responded right away, and everything occurred exactly as we had expected. She got everyone dancing, and was one of the main reasons our wedding wemt off without a hitch!

Chelsea & Craig

Profile Picture Craig, 5/10/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jane was one of the first vendors I hired for my wedding based on her phenomenal reviews and I'm SO happy I did! She did an amazing job, people were on the dance floor allll night, and not just a few of my guests, literally everyone was up on the dance floor having a blast! Hire Jane if you want to have stress-free planning when it comes to the music for your wedding. She does not disappoint!!

Profile Picture User7652593, Recently Married, 4 Reviews