Stunning by Rachel Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Sarah Married on 06/07/2019

Most Talented Makeup Artist

As someone who never wears makeup and as someone who has struggled with low self-esteem in the past, I have always been nervous about what makeup would look like on me, but Rachel proved to be such a huge blessing on my wedding day. She will melt away any fears that you have, and she will not disappoint. Her work exceeded all expectations for my entire bridal party. I had asked to look natural with a hint of glamorous, and she was able to do that so perfectly. I never felt like I had too much on, and I never felt like I wasn’t myself. She simply brought out our most beautiful potential. Rachel was so sweet and responsive throughout the entire wedding planning process. She was flexible with doing a trial beforehand, and she drove out to our cabin to do our makeup. My makeup even held through all of my happy crying during the day! Choosing her will be one of your best wedding decisions! Thank you Rachel from the bottom of our hearts.
    Caroline L. Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing! Fell in love with my look!

So incredible! She was so sweet and personable and did such a fabulous job. I was absolutely in love with my wedding day look!
    Tina M. Married on 10/19/2018

Rachel was awesome!

Rachel did such a great job on my daughters hair and make up for her wedding. She also did my hair and make up as well as a few others. She did an outstanding job on the hair and make up. I highly recommend her and would definitely use her again !!
    Jennifer Married on 10/05/2018

Simply Amazing

Rachel is amazing in everything she does. She has years of experience working on others AND her prices are fair. That’s what first drew me to contact her for my wedding makeup trial. But after I met her and worked with her, I learned that she has SO many other good qualities. First, she always responds back as soon as she can. She was great about working around my schedule. Second, she is super sweet. I love that about her. But what I loved most about her was her professionalism and honesty. She has this way of knowing exactly what you need and want, even when you don’t. She listened to me and what I wanted for my wedding makeup, but she also made suggestions. In the end, what she recommended looked BEAUTIFUL in my wedding pictures. My mom and my bridesmaids loved her! Everyone loved her! Rachel knows what she’s doing, and she will make an impression on you. ❤️
    Kelley Married on 09/22/2018

Beautiful Makeup!

Rachel was so great to work with!! I was an out of town bride and she was able to do a trial run on me when I was in town several months before my wedding. The day of, she was able to accommodate several other people who decided to have their makeup done at the last minute. She is so sweet and made me feel so confident and beautiful. I still wanted to look like myself and Rachel gave me a very gorgeous look without going over the top--she even airbrushed my tan lines from my bathing suit before the ceremony. While we were watching our highlight video just a few days ago, my husband actually commented on what a great job she did on my makeup. I would absolutely recommend working with Rachel!
    Cristen Married on 06/10/2018
    Thank you so much Rachel! Having never worn airbrush makeup I didn't know what to expect. I don't wear much makeup on a daily basis but I wanted to look glamorous on my wedding day. Not only did I look glamorous, I felt it. The airbrush makeup lasted allllll night. I sweat from the time I walked down the isle until I took a shower that night. My makeup didn't budge. Rachel also did my hair and as a hairdresser myself, I was so impressed. She nailed it on the first try. I felt the most beautiful I've ever felt and that's exactly what I wanted on my wedding day.
    Julia Married on 06/09/2018
    She does an AMAZING job. I loved her and so did my bridesmaids. Super responsive and she is super affordable. I highly recommend her to every bride out there. Her studio is so awesome too. She makes you feel like a starlet getting ready for the oscars.
    Anna Married on 05/27/2018
    I am so happy I booked Stunning by Rachel to do my makeup for my wedding! I don't normally wear makeup, and I was worried I wouldn't look like myself. However, Rachel absolutely exceeded expectations! I felt like the absolute most beautiful version of myself, and the overall look was so natural and absolutely perfect. She talks you through every step. If you don't like something, she will fix it! She absolutely won't stop until she knows you are 100% happy with the way you look, and that makes such a huge difference! I would absolutely recommend Rachel to anyone looking for a makeup artist - you won't regret it!
    Cherish Married on 12/02/2017
    Rachel does an amazing job with makeup! She was very prompt, ask for feedback to ensure the makeup looked the way I wanted, and gave wonderful suggestions. She works very neatly and quickly! Rachel is very friendly and professional as well! I would definitely recommend using Rachel for the bride and bridal party!
    Mina Married on 10/07/2017
    Rachel was wonderful to work with from start to finish. She and her team did the make up for 11 people on my wedding day in a cool, calm and collected manner. They took their time and also worked efficiently to get everyone's make up done in a reasonable timeframe. I really appreciated how each of them listened to exactly what we wanted and did not settle until we were happy with the final product. Rachel was flexible and even stayed a little longer to accommodate my mother-in-law's schedule to make sure that she could have her make-up done. I was pleasantly surprised to see in photos from the dance floor that the make-up did not budge after hours of dancing and sweating. Overall, Rachel brings a positive attitude and provides a high quality service for a reasonable price. I would recommend her to anyone!
    Hannah Married on 08/15/2017
    I was in need of a makeup artist last minute and Rachel was there for me! She did a wonderful job with wedding makeup and was super nice!
    Marina Married on 04/29/2017
    Amazing! She gave us all exactly what we asked for and made changes if we weren't sure. She was very accommodating, even helped find a hair stylist. She drove out to our remote location and was on time! Would definitely recommend!
    Emily Married on 04/29/2017
    Because I had a change of makeup plans at the last minute, Rachel was already booked when I contacted her. Luckily, she referred me to her assistant, Amy Pierce, who happened to be free on my wedding day. Amy did such an amazing job! I don't wear makeup very often, and I wanted a very natural look. I felt so beautiful, and Amy explained what she was going to do next before she did it, just to make sure I was comfortable with each step of the process. My makeup stayed in place all day, even with all the tears, dancing, and hot humid weather! She even gave me fake lashes that looked very natural and beautiful. She also did makeup for my sister and mom. Even though we all have sensitive skin, our skin looked flawless all day, and the makeup felt light and non-irritating. The whole getting-ready process was so relaxing because we worked with her! I would definitely work with Amy again for my next big event and recommend her to anyone!
    Kirstie Married on 04/15/2017
    Rachel is so amazing! Her makeup skills are second to none- I got compliments all night on how great my makeup looked (it lasted from 10am to well past midnight). The lashes she used were absolutely beautiful and looked so natural. I cannot recommend her enough! Rachel is so sweet and so kind and was able to keep calm through all the chaos the morning of the wedding. What a blessing she is! Any bride lucky enough to book her for their wedding should know they hit the jackpot!
    Chelsey Married on 02/25/2017
    Rachel was amazing! My girls and I looked absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. She walks you through the process of what makeup she is putting on and really listens to any changes you want to make in order to get the perfect look. Out makeup lasted through the whole day. She did a wonderful job on my mother's makeup as well. My mom has more sensitive skin so she doesn't usually wear any makeup and Rachel nailed the perfect look without putting too much on that it would irritate my mom's skin. I would recommend her to anybody. She is incredibly sweet and super responsive when you message her. I would have her do my makeup again the next time I have a special event.
    Sumaiya Married on 01/14/2017
    I booked Rachel for two of my wedding parties and she was amazing! She was super accommodating and flexible because I had to reschedule and move things around a LOT. She talked me through every step of the makeup process and put me at ease about everything! She was super fun and I felt like I've known her for years! I will definitely be booking her again.
    Kirsten Married on 10/23/2016
    I booked Rachel for my Big Day and soo glad I did! She was very personable and professional, and helped create exactly the type of make up vision I had for my wedding day! She was also very flexible with times and willing to travel to our location. She did my makeup and 5 of my bridesmaids and everyone was so pleased! Would definitely recommend!
    Rachel Married on 10/22/2016
    If you want makeup that looks amazing in every picture and lasts through the very last dance, choose Rachel! She did my makeup as well as most of my bridesmaids and both of our moms. Everyone was in love with her work! I can't stop looking at the pictures and I am so happy I chose Rachel. She listened to what I wanted, and helped make my vision a reality. I am not a big makeup-wearer, but I wanted to look glamorous on my big day while still looking like myself. And Rachel definitely made that happen! Thank you, Rachel, for making a potentially stressful part of my day one of the most fun and relaxing parts! I absolutely recommend!!
    Amanda Married on 10/14/2016
    I can’t say enough wonderful things about Rachel! I went to Rachel in a panic bc I did a trail run with another company the week before and hated my makeup! The next week I found Rachel and booked her for a trail, and she exceeded my expectations! She was so sweet and understood how frantic I was from my last experience, she took her time and made sure I was happy and comfortable with the application. If there was something I wanted more of she was quick to add it and make it perfect. She told me I was not leaving my trail run unless I was happy and pleased. I had her put on fake lashes on my tail run and they literally lasted for 2 days. On my wedding day she put on fake lashes and I was able to wear them without removing them for 5 days and I honestly think the only reason I did was bc I went swimming on the 5th day. Coming from a resistant picky bride, I’m telling you Rachel is the one you want to use for your airbrush makeup or regular makeup application. Let’s just say this, she came to my venue the day of and I had 3 girls for her to airbrush, she ended up airbrushing 7 girls and a jr bridesmaid all bc how impressed everyone was of her work! My makeup did not ruin once and it looked perfect for my big day!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 10/02/2016
    Rachel was super easy to work with & did an amazing job. We did my make up at 9 in the morning & it lasted all day. I'm not a make up person so wearing air brush make up was something I was a little weary of but I'm so glad I went with Rachel. I got several compliments on my make up the day of my wedding. & she's a sweetheart too! I would highly recommend Rachel to anyone.
    Rosa Married on 09/03/2016
    Rachel did an awesome job working with my bridal party and me and helping us feel beautiful on my wedding day. Not only that but my sister is a tough critic and Rachel worked with her and finished her makeup beautifully.
    Logan Married on 06/04/2016
    Rachel is a champ! She braved a cramped hotel room with about 10 loud and crazy girls. Everyone came away with beautiful make-up that lasted all night, even through the torrential down-pour that came down while we were taking pictures. After the rain, tears, and hours of dancing, I still looked exactly like I did when Rachel first got done with my make-up. She was willing to travel to us, which was so convenient since we were a little out of the way.
  • User2990606 2+ years ago
    It was spur of the moment, I didn't have anyone planned for my day. Rainy and wet, outside and on the lake; the entire event was fabulous! Rachel is the best!
    Kimberly Married on 05/13/2016
    Relax and just trust that Rachel will take care of you. Picture this...two brides...one with serious facial lacerations from a fresh wax job gone bad...the other bride in a state of panic and near tears, convinced that she was not going to be pretty at all since she hadn't slept in days! Both of us now realize that she did in fact make us feel and look beautiful. People literally couldn't stop talking about it. And yes, they used the word stunning! We look back at the pictures and are just floored by how we looked on that day...as we are not typically fond of wearing makeup. What she did was highlight our very best feature without leaving us looking made up. She has a very soothing way about her and completely calmed our nerves. She listened when we asked her to keep us as natural looking as possible and did everything we asked regarding our special concerns. She obviously loves what she does and it definitely makes a difference.
    Chelsea Married on 04/30/2016
    I love Rachel!! She is a wonderful person and wonderful at what she does. Her prices are much better than the big name makeup artists around Knoxville. She has an assistant if needed. Also, she does lash extensions and that are amazing! I cannot say enough about Rachel. I enjoyed working with her and hope to continue to keep in touch!