Studio OPiA Reviews

Studio OPiA 5
Studio OPiA 6
Studio OPiA 7

Chengding · Married on 06/01/2019

It was a great experience having Daniel and Donna as our City Hall Ceremony Photographers. Our section started late, and the photo shooting ended up lasting longer than we expected. Daniel and Donna were so patient and helpful throughout the whole process. My husband and I are not good at taking photos, but they did a great job capturing the best moments of us. They also did a good job retouching the photos. Our package only covers 20 retouched photos, but they gave us more! Daniel and Donna both have really pleasant personalities that kept everyone happy and comfortable. I will highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/21/2018
    Studio OPiA 8
  • Christopher

Christopher Ko · Married on 05/28/2019

A Shining Review from a Fellow Picky Photographer

As a freelance photographer myself there was a lot of reluctance to handing over the duty of covering our special day to anyone other than myself or close friends who were also photographers. However, as soon as I saw the portfolio from Studio OPiA, their style immediately resonated with me and I knew we had to have them.

Daniel and Donna were not only extremely personable, but very professional. They were more than game to deal with my tendency for micromanagement and as soon as I understood just how proficient they were, I didn't have to worry - I never HAD to worry. In terms of just the logistics of the day, they were dialed in with the venue coordinator and never missed a beat and were even more than accommodating when it came to staying a little bit later when we ran past schedule (always a plus when your vendors understand how chaotic a wedding day always inevitably is).

As for the photos - even for a pedant like me, I found very little to fault in their work.
    Our early summer wedding meant that we had a lot of daylight to work with so our photos depending primarily on natural light. Their compositions ranged from tight smaller detail photos to more wide-angled, environmental shots with a blend of straight on portraits and candid moments. The fact that they worked as a tag team and didn't lug along a bunch of equipment made them very lean and flexible which is important as a photographer. They never fumbled around with swapping out cameras and lenses, which translates to more shots and a higher chance of catching many of the candid goofy moments that we enjoy almost as much as the more formal glamour-type portraits.
    As the evening wore on, some of the night photos suffered from the lack of artificial lighting (e.g. dance floor had only string lights). However, if we could have foreseen that being an issue, I'm positive that OPiA
    could have arranged for additional equipment on-site.
    As for post-processing, they are not heavy-handed. Adjustments made in post included a handful of slight exposure and color tweaks, which was completely okay for me as any additional editing I could perform on my own if needed. There were some odd choices for cropping, but nothing that would have ruined the original intent in composition - their shots were always on mark.

Their photos came back to us in a more than timely fashion. OPiA provided their photos online via SmugMug and in multiple formats for various uses (if I needed any additional photos or formats, they were accommodated).

All this long-windedness to say, OPiA brought great style, practicality, and proficiency at a great value. I would gladly hire them again and highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Chuang

Chuang Wang · Married on 05/18/2019

amazing photographer couple

Shuyu and Donna are an amazing and lovely couple who have great ideas and taste on taking beautiful photos. They are very easy to communicate and flexible. They even provide 9 beautifully touched photo on the second day of the wedding late in the evening for us posting on social media. Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • George

George · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing photographers!

My wife and I booked Daniel & Donna to photograph our wedding and engagement sessions. They are incredibly professional and truly experts at what they do. Let me give you an example: they have done so many wedding and SF City Hall engagement sessions; their expertise and experience saved us a lot of time and they told us exactly where to go and how to pose. The photos came out to be amazing and they worked very hard and gave 100% of their efforts - which is exactly what we are looking for. In addition, their price is super reasonably compared to other photographers - believe us because we have done our research. Daniel and Dana also worked very well together since they're a couple. You are not wasting any time because of their seamless teamwork - you don't have time to waste on your wedding day. With all that, we highly recommend STUDIO OPiA to all couples. :)

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Studio OPiA 9
    Studio OPiA 10
    Studio OPiA 11
    Studio OPiA 12

Krystal Xu · Married on 02/09/2019

Amazing Team! We had such a great experience using Studio Opia for our wedding! Highly Recommend!

We used Studio Opia for both our engagement and wedding photos. Choosing a great photographer for your big day is so important! And I'm so glad we had Studio opia!! The team is fun, talented, passionate, incredibly professional and super creative. During the day of our wedding, I can't explain enough how awesome they were. My husband and I were kinda nervous at the beginning because we never felt that comfortable in front of the camera but Daniel and Donna instantly made us feel at ease. Although it was a little bit raining on our wedding day, they took full advantage and create a special atmosphere in photos. Donna and Daniel did a wonderful job capturing lots of the sweetest moments from this special day. I was amazed by all of our beautiful wedding photos and we've already received so many compliments from our family and friends. Thank you so much! Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/25/2019
    Studio OPiA 17
    Studio OPiA 18
  • F

Flora · Married on 12/22/2018

Daniel and Donna are very sweet. I spent a long time searching for a good photographer in Bay Area for our engagement photo, they went to top of my list. After we met, they made the whole process smooth, professional and fun. They captured fabulous and awesome photos! They were reliable, personable, very creative and professional in every way. Can’t wait to work with them again.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Shuchen · Married on 10/07/2018

Great Team!!

We hired Studio Opia to be our photographer for our engagement and wedding pictures. THEY ARE WONDERFUL! On the wedding day, they got to our hotel on time and started shooting immediately. We have a pretty tight schedule on the wedding day (assume the same for everyone haha), but they knew what they are doing so everything was on time. Daniel and Donna are professional and friendly, I know I chose the right photographer after our first meeting. As for the picture we received, we love them!! I didn’t ask for retouch the photos because everything was just so perfect. Thank you, Daniel and Donna, for all your hard work. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/22/2019
    Studio OPiA 27
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 09/29/2018

Great experience!

We highly recommend Donna and Daniel as your wedding photographers. This sounds like a generic line, but I cannot tell you how many compliments we’ve gotten from the wedding photos. Donna and Daniel are professional and responsive. The communications with them via email and phone were always very efficient. Donna even came to my rehearsal to be familiarized with the venue. They’re husband and wife that have a great sense of artistry through their lenses. If you have seen their portfolio and found yourself identifying with their style, don’t hesitate to contact them. I know it’s a big decision; at least it was a very important decision for me since photos are what I have down the road to reminiscence about the wedding. The photos turn out phenomenal. Their style is refreshing with natural lighting, which is exactly what I was looking for. The photos look like they’re straight out of a magazine. Anyways, we are very happy and grateful we’ve found them as our photographers. Thank you Donna and Daniel!

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Y

Yujing Chen · Married on 09/15/2018

Loved the experience!

Donna and Daniel are awesome! They are very professional but also flexible and accommodating. They know exactly what to do and helped me get comfortable with the camera. Their photos turn out to be great and my whole family loved it. It also helped a lot that they speak Chinese and was able to communicate with the elders. Overall great experience and would highly recommend.

Sent on 11/21/2018

Lindsey · Married on 09/01/2018

Perfection!

Donna and Daniel are the best! From start to finish the process was so smooth. They are true professionals who helped us plan how to capture the key moments of our ceremony. They were so incredibly helpful on our wedding day and flawlessly executed our "first look". The pictures are gorgeous and we could not be happier with them! When we received them it was like living the day all over again! A huge thank you to Studio OPiA for all of their hard work and for providing us with such an amazing set of photographs!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Christine · Married on 08/11/2018

Donna and Daniel are great! They are not only very responsive but also very accommodating. I met with Donna the day after a family member passed away, which was 2 weeks before the wedding, and I was extremely stressed. Talking with Donna helped so much - not only because her knowledge and experience were very reassuring, but she was also very comforting. Throughout the wedding day, they were professional, hardworking, and definitely hustling to get their shots. They also sent us our photos 5 weeks after our wedding. That's a pretty quick turnaround considering I know couples who've had to wait several months. I am very happy with the service they provided! Highly recommend them was wedding photographers.

Sent on 09/21/2018
    Studio OPiA 33
    Studio OPiA 34
    Studio OPiA 35

Leiwen · Married on 07/28/2018

Daniel and Donna were amazing! We hired them for our wedding day and they were great at every step of the process and made our wedding day so special and beautiful. It was awesome working with them from the start. They were very responsive and professional and answered all our questions and concerns. On the wedding day, they showed up early and stayed late even though it was quite a drive to our venue. They had lots of great creative ideas for photos. It was a pleasure working with them as they also listened to our needs. Most importantly, the pictures were gorgeous. We absolutely loved the colors, composition, and their overall attention to detail. Highly recommend them for wedding and portrait photography.

Sent on 09/09/2018
  • W

Wanting · Married on 07/21/2018

We hired Studio Opia for our engagement photo and wedding photo shoot. Daniel did a great job on both shooting! We kind of decided that we want to do engagement photo on the last minute, and they are kind enough to squeeze our shooting into their schedule and did a wonderful job. They are very experienced and know all the great places for good pictures. We took great use of the two-hour engagement session and got tons of great pictures!
    On the day of our wedding, they are very professional and taught us how we should pose. And they coordinated with our video guys very well.
    There are several things that I really appreciate about. Firstly, they are very efficient. They delivered our engagement photo a week after our shooting so we could use them on our wedding sign-on table. They also finish and sent me several pictures only couple days after our wedding so I can post them on social media. The final delivery was in about one month time after our wedding.
    Secondly, Daniel and Donna are both great people. During the shooting, after so many hours of smiling, our smile were just stiff and frozen. Donna brought up some great jokes that made all of us laugh so hard. Beside the jokes, they made a lot of effort so that we could be more natural on camera.
    Lastly and most importantly, they do take really nice pictures. I love them all.
    Thank you Daniel and Donna!I feel so lucky to have you guys shooting my wedding pictures!

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Studio OPiA 36
    Studio OPiA 37
    Studio OPiA 38
    Studio OPiA 39
  • Y

Yue · Married on 07/07/2018

Working with Daniel and Donna was such a pleasant experience. They are the photographers for my civil wedding registration day. We took a lot of pictures at the city hall and also another outdoor location. They are super nice, easy-going and professional! The photos turned out really nice. I was provided a list of photographers by my wedding planner. The only a few that I really liked are all super pricy. Studio Opia was the only one that has very reasonable price but amazing quality. I guess it is because they are just starting their business. Anyways, highly recommended, definitely will come back!

Sent on 04/15/2018
    Studio OPiA 40
    Studio OPiA 41

Meko · Married on 06/30/2018

Daniel and Donna are a pleasant to work with. They’re so professional and patient. We are beginners at taking photos but they take the time to show us how to pose. They captured not only stunning portraits, beautiful details, and all our memorable moments. Our guests felt welcome and comfortable with them. They’re also great at retouching photos. The photos came out exactly as we wanted and way beyond expectations. Highly recommend Daniel and Donna!!

Sent on 08/04/2018
    Studio OPiA 42
    Studio OPiA 43
  • X

Xin · Married on 06/20/2018

This is the best photographer i’ve found ever. He is professional, super nice and creative. I can feel his passion of willing to make your best day best. My suggestion is Go for him if you are still hesitating.

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Studio OPiA 44
    Studio OPiA 45

Lisa · Married on 06/02/2018

Donna and Daniel were great to work with! They are not only very responsive but also very accommodating. We changed our wedding day schedule one day before the wedding. I was very stress about the change and worried they would not be able to arrive on time. However, they arrived early and even brought some styling props for the shooting. Throughout the wedding day, they were professional and hardworking. We couldn't be happier with the service they provided! Highly recommend to every couple who is looking for wedding photographers.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Lisa · Married on 05/26/2018

Daniel and Donna was amazing on our wedding day! They are so detail oriented and captured all the moments on our big day. Our families and friends had great impressions of them, since they are so nice to work and talk with. They also helped us a lot before the wedding about the wedding day planning, MUA and videographer refer. Most importantly, the final retouched photos turn out to be gorgeous and we love all of them! We got tons of good words about the pictures on instragram. They even send us two different sizes of photos for printing and social sharing. Highly recommend D&D!!!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Alley · Married on 05/19/2018

Studio Opia did both our engagement session and wedding photography. We had a good time working with them.
    Daniel was quite thoughtful on helping us prepare a beautiful bouquet, which turned out really good in our engagement photos. It took longer for the engagement shooting to be done than we expected, but Daniel still did an amazing job with his patience and dedication.
    On the wedding day, Donna and Daniel arrived early. They were super nice and professional on showing us how to pose in a natural way for the best effect of our pictures. Thanks to them, we got to keep such a wonderful memory of our wedding. Additionally, their work was so efficient too. We received all of our wedding pictures that are either retouched or color adjusted only within one month after the wedding day.
    Highly recommend them to anyone who is in search of the photographers for the wedding and engagement photos!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Lilian · Married on 05/05/2018

Our experience with Donna and Daniel went beyond our expectations. They were great communicators; helping us plan and prep for the wedding day and then helping us wrap up payment and deliveries after the wedding. We are a camera shy couple and they were patient and understanding of our awkwardness. Haha. Their interaction with our wedding party and guests was absolutely fantastic. They really knew how to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable. At the end of the day they felt like old friends. We loved their service, would highly recommend them, and would definitely hire them again in the future. Thanks again Donna and Daniel!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Katy · Married on 04/20/2018

As a musician and picky customer, I have sharp sense of sounds and pictures.

When we were looking for our wedding photographer, I had a very high expectation that the photographer must have very good taste of the picture. Good attitude and professional are just basic requirements.

Donna and Daniel's portfolio caught my eyes after I did a lot of searching and felt frustrated. Most of the photos by Studio OPiA are bright and warm, people smile naturally, and I can even feel their happiness through the photos. Nature, bright and warm , and happiness! That is exactly what I want my wedding photos look like. I sent Donna email immediately, and she replied very soon. I didn’t ask for a meeting but sent her the pictures l like and what we would like to try.

I remember our wedding day was very cold, and we had some shooting outside on the beach. My husband is the one who said we got enough shooting when photographer Daniel suggesting to go to another spot. ;D The second time we hire Donna and Daniel was for our city hall wedding. Not surprised Donna is an expert, and she arranged us a prefect schedule between the registered process and photo shooting.

We always have our wedding pictures very soon! All of our family and friends are amazed by our wedding pictures!

If you are looking for a great and reliable wedding photographer, Just Contact Studio OPiA! They will be one of great decisions you made for your wedding. Enjoy your big day, and soon you will receive wonderful photos which fully mentioned how beautiful and happy you were on that day!

To me, I will keep in touch with Donna and Daniel, to make sure every big moment happens in my future life, they will be part of it!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Kelly · Married on 03/25/2018

It took me a little while to write this review because I wanted to articulate in a concise way how truly amazing they were. For any couples considering Studio OPia, choosing them to capture our wedding was the best decision that we made. I would even say, if I were to do it all over again, I would choose them again. Their photographs really speak for the quality and type of work they do and deliver. The photographs were even better than I had imagined. They captured every moment and helped me relive the moments that went by so quickly on my wedding day. I really can't help but rave about them and recommend them. Not only was their work excellent, but Daniel and Donna were also a delight to work with. For my type A brides out there, they arrived at the venue early to scope out the venue and prep before anyone else. We received a sneak peek of our photos within one week and all the edited and unedited photos were delivered under a month.

Sent on 05/31/2018

Jia · Married on 03/16/2018

Daniel and Donna are awesome! Super friendly and very professional. The photos are fabulous and we are so happy with the results.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Luwan · Married on 01/29/2018

Shuyi is not simply professional, experienced and responsive, far more than that, his carefulness starts from the very first pre-photoing communication to the very end of retouching! He is exceptional at capturing touching moments. We will definitely come back to him for future photo shootings!

Sent on 03/19/2018