Studio Nine Photography Reviews

35 | Philadelphia, PA

35 Reviews for Studio Nine Photography

Kathleen · Married on 12/06/2008

In the case of Studio Nine, pictures speak volumes. I never knew that a picture could encapsulate so much emotion. Jonathan and his crew were able to translate every word, thought and emotion that I experienced that day into a beautifully composed album. The pictures are timeless, elegant and sophisticated. Besides being a brilliant artist, the Studio Nine Crew was extremely professional. Together with Jonathan, my fiancé and I laid out a schedule of sites at which to take photographs. Jonathan left no detail unattended to. He took into account factors such as lighting, time of day, crowds and location in order to ensure that we had complete satisfaction. Words can not describe how thankful I am to Studio Nine for capturing memories that will truly last a lifetime.

Sent on 01/29/2009

thanks, kat!!!

Katie · Married on 10/10/2008

The pictures that Jonathan took at our wedding were hands down the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. I have had so many compliments on them. There are so many amazing shots I can't pick a favorite. Out of the 900+ he took I probably have around 60 favorites. It is so hard to choose one because they are all so good. He knows what pictures to take and at what moment. He took a lot of candids. I believe that it is worth paying top dollar for his work.

Sent on 02/02/2009

Lisa · Married on 06/14/2008

We absolutely adore and very highly recommend Jonathan and his entire Studio Nine team! Hiring them to handle all aspects of photography & videography for our destination wedding at the Ritz Carlton, Grand Cayman this past June was amongst the best decisions we’ve ever made. From the aesthetically GORGEOUS photos, to the totally creative, high-end multi-media DVD teaser that they had edited & ready to play at our Sunday brunch, to the ARTISTICALLY STUNNING album they designed for us (two volumes because we had so many favorite shots!), to the finalized, completed DVD that is so DAZZLING we think it should win an Oscar, we cannot possibly thank Jonathan and his entire Studio Nine team enough. We were quite simply blown away with the level of artistry they used in capturing the romance of our wedding so spectacularly. And on top of all that, they were a pure pleasure to work with. We’ll forever cherish our wedding albums & DVDs, and thank them endlessly for that! And it seems that everyone who has seen our albums or watched our DVDs asks for his contact their contact information .. their work is just that much superior to everyone else that’s out there. We without questions highly recommend Jonathan and his entire Studio Nine team!

Sent on 01/30/2009
  • I

Isaac · Married on 11/19/2011

Studio Nine was fantastic. Very attentive, responsive and fantastic photos!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2012

Alex Passage and her assistant photographed our wedding. They were amazing. Neither my husband nor I are accustomed to having professional photos taken, and Alex provided amazing guidance. Our photos turned out really well. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/14/2012

Studio Nine Photography's reply:

Thank you for sharing! Congratulations!

--jonathan

Jaclyn · Married on 06/18/2011

Jonathan Rubin and his team were great to work with, very flexible and receptive to our desires for our wedding photographs. My husband and I took our photographs before our ceremony. Since it would be the first time we saw one another, Jonathan and the Studio Nine Team created a situation at our photo site where we would not see each other until we were face to face, and they were sure to capture that moment perfectly on camera! The pictures are unique and the album and video (which is a must by the way) are fabulous. The small montage video that they created using pictures/video is probably my favorite part to watch. Thank you so much to Studio Nine Photography. I have recommended them to my sister who is using them for her wedding in July 2014!

Sent on 05/08/2014

Studio Nine was one of our favorite vendors! We loved working with the team from the very beginning and they truly captured the special moments of our special week.

Studio Nine ABSOLUTELY know the ins and outs of a South Asian wedding. I'm Gujuarti and Raj is Punjabi so we had a big Indian wedding! Zach, Jon, Courtney have all worked on dozens of Indian wedding and they know a lot about what to expect, the itinerary and schedule of events, and knew exactly where to be at what time. For example, they are aware of the ceremony layout (chairs set up, parents on mandap, pheras, etc.) so they knew where to position themselves, they know about the vidhai and to focus on the bride's emotional family (lol!), and they understand how important it was to capture tons of images with my mendhi. Just a few examples but the list goes on! The whole team knows all the terms and event names and we did not feel they were confused as to what was going to happen next. Lastly, Zach does a GREAT job organizing "post ceremony family shots" and helping stay on schedule (we've witnessed him at other weddings too).

Unfortunately, we did not capture as many pre reception shots as we would've liked. The itinerary was packed but we would've liked the team to make more effort taking us away from the chaos to capture more couple shots.

Overall, we are very pleased with Studio Nine's work and continue to refer them to our friends and family!

Sent on 11/27/2016

Jaclyn · Married on 06/18/2011

3.5

Jonathan and the other photographers did an excellent job at our wedding. Things ran so smoothly on our wedding day, despite an injury which left Jonathan unable to take photographs at our wedding, (he gave us an additional photographer, but came along anyway to help direct the event). The pictures and video taken by studio nine are unique and beautiful. They were also not "in your face" photographers, they gave us our space but still took some amazing photos, which we appreciated. Granted that they can be expensive, but my husband and I were quite pleased with the quality of the service provided by studio nine and we feel that they were well worth every penny. Our wedding albums and video came out beautifully. And instead of disappearing and being hard to reach after the wedding, Jonathan was on top of things, emailing us multiple times afterwards- he made sure we got our album/video in a timely manner.

Sent on 02/23/2012

Kinnari · Married on 07/30/2017

We planned a big wedding with 200 guests in less than two months. Studio 9 was great!!! They made the process straightforward and were available! Their work speaks for itself. We are very happy with our memories.

Sent on 01/11/2018

pamela · Married on 09/27/2008

Jonathan Rubin and his assistant Kateri were wonderful to work with. Extremely flexible, always willing to accommodate our requirements. They take beautiful pictures yet were unobstrusive throughout the entire wedding. Studio Nine is not cheap, but for they provided me peace of mind, were very reliable and created beautiful pictures, well worth the money!

Sent on 01/29/2009

Studio Nine Photography's reply:

thanks so much, pam! looking forward to getting your album to you soon!