Stu Janis Reviews

Stu Janis View more information

1 User photo

Michael Married on 07/06/2018
    We loved the unique sound that Stu provided for our wedding ceremony. We wouldn't recommend anybody else! Thanks again Stu!
    Bridget Married on 10/21/2017
    We wanted to thank you both for playing at our wedding this fall. We had numerous compliments for the wonderful music they played, we highly recommend them!

Stu Janis's reply:

Thank you for the review - we enjoyed being part of your wedding. The venue was delightful, and it was great to see people get up and dance at the reception!
    Sara Married on 07/14/2017
    Bill and Stu were incredibly helpful and professional throughout my wedding planning phase and the actual ceremony. They even prepared a new song at my request, which they performed during the ceremony! Stu was very communicative in the months leading up to the ceremony, and he offered his professional suggestions when it came to the musical arrangement. Their sound is very beautiful and unique, which adds a memorable layer to any ceremony. Overall it was wonderful working with Greenwood Tree.
    Jessica Married on 08/20/2016
    These wonderful gentlemen provided the ceremony music for our wedding at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. They worked hard to ensure the music was exactly what we wanted, and were very professional when heavy rain made us move things inside. The music was absolutely perfect and we couldn't be more pleased with them. Very highly recommended.
    Jason Married on 08/14/2015
    Stu and Bill were fantastic to work with! We were blessed to meet them a few weeks before our wedding and knew were enamored with their sound. Super responsive, provided great suggestions, and managed all communication with the church. Highly recommend them for weddings and any small gathering you'd want to be a memorable experience for your guests.
  • User1906786 2+ years ago
    They did an amazing job and were very professional to work with. They played beautifully and created a great ambiance for our ceremony.
  • User1956343 2+ years ago
    We hired Greenwood Tree to perform at our garden wedding in Fall 2014 and it was the easiest and one of the very few non-agonizing decisions made in our wedding planning (I'm an indecisive procrastinator).

Professional- Very experienced (it was a big relief that they need little/no direction from me) and a have large repertoire that spans a lot of genres. I loved working with them: they were so nice, approachable, funny and flexible. For instance, they had no problem at all when I request they learn a new song and when I inserted an additional ceremony song a bit last-minute.

Easy to plan- they post their schedule, so it was easy to see if we fit their schedule and also to find a time to watch live performances before we made a decision (in addition to recordings on their website). I got a couple of quote for other musicians before I found Greenwood Tree. For a duo, I found their rates really reasonable.

Music- Obviously the most important aspect. What was the kicker for us when choosing them was their sound. The warmth of the guitar and the ability of the hammered dulcimer to combine clear, bell like sounds with a resonant quality was perfect for our garden setting. Also it was appealing to have something a little different in our wedding.

I highly recommend this group.
  • User2022352 Event on: 06/21/2014
    Greenwood Tree provided enchanting music and created the perfect atmosphere to celebrate the summer solstice and wedding anniversary of our son and the coming together of family and friends from around the world. The evening of dance and laughter was made possible by the gentle cajoling and guiding hand of Corey which got everyone involved in a beginner's version of "barn dancing". We thank Greenwood Tree for this memorable evening.
  • User2043238 2+ years ago
    My husband and I first met Greenwood Tree at a local wedding fair and we were captivated by their music-- they play the guitar and hammered dulcimer. We booked them for our wedding ceremony and working with Stu was fantastic. We were able to listen to sample music and I chose my procession song. They really understood the feel t
    hat we were going for and their music selection for the other parts of the ceremony was spot on. I would recommend Greenwood Tree for anyone that is looking for beautiful live music performed by friendly and professional musicians.
  • User1945525 2+ years ago
    Greenwood Tree musicians provided wonderful music prior, during and after my ceremony. Many people comment even a year latter how terrific the music was at my ceremony. Also, It was a pleasure working with both of them and received replies to emails quickly. They also offered ideas and suggestions as to what would work well since I did not know what I wanted other than I did not want Cannon in D.
  • User1946269 2+ years ago
    Stu and Bill did an outstanding job of performing and entertaining our wedding reception guests. They played for several hours at an outdoor park setting and the guests, including the kids, absolutely loved them. They provided exactly what we were looking for - fun, spirited but traditional music and entertainment - we highly recommend them.
    Evelyn Married on 07/26/2013
    Stu Janis was terrific . We didn't have specific songs picked out & he guided us with lovely songs that worked perfectly for our small , family wedding at Como Park Jaoaese garden . Our family is Irish and he played some Irish songs . It was beautiful .
    Summer Married on 05/18/2013
    I stumbled across Greenwood Tree on Weddingwire,com looking for music for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. My husband is half Irish and this duo was perfect! Our wedding was in Lutsen, MN and I have nothing but positive things to say about them. They were professional, kind, talented, flexible, affordable, etc. My husband and I first met/'interviewed' them at one of their homes here in the Twin Cities and they performed some music for us. It was sort of a private concert if you will. We could immediately tell this duo has been playing together for ALONG time. The 5 hour trip to Lutsen from the Twin Cities didn't seem to bother them. They even learned new song for our ceremony. They made me feel honored that we chose them for our wedding, when I felt lucky to have stumbled across them and they were available for our date. They also play a variety of instruments, which not only made for interesting conversation, but also fun for kids (and adults). Like I mentioned previously, I have only positive things to say about Greenwood Tree and only positive memories. I would recommend them to anyone.
  • User1150768 2+ years ago
    We hired Stu from the Greenwood Tree duo to play the hammered dulcimer (if you don't know what it is there are some good examples on youtube) during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Stu was great in every way! He answered emails promptly and was very willing to play whatever songs or types of music we wanted. He showed up on time, was very easy to work with and most importantly is extremely talented.

Usually Stu plays as part of a duo called Greenwood Tree. His partner plays guitar or mandolin. I wanted a solo hammered dulcimer player for our wedding but Stu and Bill play wonderful music together and would be an excellent choice for music as well.

The dulcimer music was perfect, I just wish I had more time during my busy day to enjoy it!
    Collin Married on 10/09/2015
    Bill and Stu were great to work with and even took it upon themselves to learn the bridal processional song we wanted (Here Comes the Sun). Everyone thought the ceremony music was beautiful and something a little different, and they were fun entertainers during cocktail hour as well - I only wish I'd had more of a chance to listen to them instead of being whisked away for pictures! They are both lifelong musicians and performers, and we told them to play whatever they wanted for the prelude and cocktail hour. Guest feedback was 100% positive.