Strut bridal Reviews

28 Reviews for Strut bridal

• Joeanna

Joeanna 路 Getting married on 10/03/2021

So many option 馃グ

So let me start off by saying I already had a dress that I hated. I had two previous bridal experiences and they were horrible one being at David's bridal in Long Beach. Ri or Ree (sorry I don't know how to spell her name) was my consultant and I am so thankful for her. I knew I wanted a new dress I just wanted to be sure it was the one. So what I loved about this shop is I could try one an endless amount of dresses and they fit! Ri totally understood my fear of making another purchase of a dress I would end up hating after. So she took her time with me brought me tons of styles and could totally envision my style and vibe! I couldn't be more thankful for someone so patient! She helped me get in my top 2 about 3 times just so I was sure about this big decision. Thanks again Ri! Your did an amazing job of helping me pick the one! I can't wait to share my wedding photos with you!

Sent on 08/12/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey B. 路 Getting married on 06/25/2021

Made me feel like a Princess

During all of the craziness of Covid, Astrid made dress shopping so memorable and fun! I got to work with Tamiko and she was so amazing. I told her my ideas and she brought dress after dress that left my guests and I in awe. Being a big girl I had always dreaded the day I would go look for a wedding dress, but at Strut I was able to try on dresses that were too big for me and dresses that I fit perfectly in. When I got to say Yes to My Dress it was a perfect moment where I felt lime a little girl playing dress up again. I love this store and am recommending it to all of my friends!

Sent on 06/26/2020
  • Meagan

Meagan O. 路 Getting married on 05/15/2021

Strut Bridal

This was the first place I looked and I didn鈥檛 have to go any further. Being a plus size girl, I never feel confident when I go shopping, but Brooke and everyone else uplifted me and I felt so beautiful! I highly recommend.

Sent on 07/14/2020

Bianca G. 路 Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing for sizes 12 and up!!!

The second you walk in, you are treated like a queen. Maritza helped us out in the Long Beach store and she was amazing. Made you feel beautiful and confident, helped pick out styles. I went to one other salon, and hated the experience. It made me doubt the entire process when being a size 18. Not at Strut. I felt SO amazing and comfortable trying every dress on. The store has so many different styles, and I promise you, you will not need to look anywhere else when buying a dress from here.

Sent on 01/23/2020

Caley 路 Married on 09/13/2019

Winfried was amazing!

I went by myself to my appointment since I do not live in California. I started out browsing all the dresses and picked the ones I was interested in. Not only did Winifred help me with getting into the dresses but she took pictures and help me decide what looked good and didn't. Just like my friends or family would. I didn't buy my dress that day but I'll will be going back once my Grandma is back from traveling.

Sent on 12/08/2018
  • Brittani

Brittani 路 Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful Dress

I got so many compliments on my dress and how beautiful it was. They were amazing to work with.

Sent on 06/22/2019

Keri 路 Married on 08/04/2018

When I got engaged I was super excited, of course, and a million things were running through my mind. One of those things, where in the world would I get my dress?? Being a curvy girl, it was something that had always kind of worried me. I love shopping and fashion, but all the plus size dresses I had seen were kind of boring and basic. Not to mention, there's not that many bridal salons that sell them, at least not in my area. When planning my trip to Long Beach during spring 2017, I live in Washington, I happened to come across the website for Strut. I thought, why not give it a chance? What could it hurt? I called and made my appointment, and that's where it all started. My sister came with me to the salon and we were greeted with smiles and overwhelming positivity. The main person who helped us was Tamiko. She was great! In preparation for coming to the salon, I sent them the link to my pinterest wedding page and answered some questions about my wedding and my style. At the salon I answered some more questions and then it was time to get started. Tamiko had already pulled some dresses for me and had them waiting in the dressing room. Upon walking into the dressing room I saw it. THE dress. I pointed to it and said "I want to try on that one!" And I did lol. It was love at first sight. I ended up trying a handful of other dresses on, but came back to that first one. Tamiko made me feel so comfortable and confident in every dress. She was funny, honest and genuinely cared about my happiness! I really had no intention of buying a dress that day, but the dress had other ideas lol. Oh, and I forgot to mention, I had pinned this dress at least 4 times and didn't even realize that I had! They really do their research! I ultimately bought the dress, stress free process and am currently making payments. I'll go back for alterations and can't wait! Thank you Strut and your employees for making my dress buying experience one I'll cherish forever!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Jairden 路 Married on 07/15/2018

I worked with Yulina and not only was she understanding but she was also super flexible with me being an out of state bride. She was wonderful to work with and help me find my dream dress!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Victoria 路 Married on 07/06/2018

You should definitely book here for a dress appointment. Tamiko took really good care of me and my bridal party. I went for a trunk show and it was amazing. I didn't walk in with the intent on buying a dress but I ended up with one and she didn't pressure me to do so or make me feel like she was trying to get a sale.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Michelle 路 Married on 04/07/2018

Getting engaged was super exciting but I didn't look forward to trying on dresses. I have been a bridesmaid several times and always wondered what would happen once I got engaged. All the bridal stores I went to in the pas the sample size at best was a size 10 and I'm a size 18-20. How can I pick a wedding dress if the sample doesn't even cover me? I was super excited when I found Strut Bridal Salon on Yelp! The reviews were awesome and it definitely took away my anxiety. I found out that they were going to have a sample sale and I made an appt for the first day. I met my Mom and my MOHs at the store. It was definitely busy due to the sample sale, but Tamiko took wonderful care of me and my guests. She listened to what I was looking for and my price range and brought me so many dresses to try on. Tamiko made the experience so comfortable and definitely put me at ease. I was so happy with the wedding dress selections and ended up getting my wedding dress that day! So happy with the service!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Gabby 路 Married on 03/23/2018

My experience at this salon was just as I imagined it would be one day when I would be looking for a wedding dress! I went in looking for something very specific but it turned out what I was looking for I actually didn't like on me at all but they were very patient with not only my picky taste but my opinionated family as well! Tamiko was so helpful and had such a good personality which made the experience more comfortable! This was the first and only stores I went to and found my dream dress I highly recommend this shop if you are looking for your dream dress !

Sent on 03/27/2017

Casarah 路 Married on 02/10/2018

This place is amazing I found the perfect wedding dress here with the help of Yulina. I would highly recommend this place to any Bride to be.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Alexis 路 Married on 12/02/2017

I couldn't recommend this bridal salon enough for plus size ladies! Yulina was my consultant for my appointment. She is extremely nice and patient when it came down to my indecisiveness. I was so nervous but she put my anxiety at ease. She even stayed for an extra half hour over my appointment time to make sure i found the right dress. This salon has a wide range of plus size wedding dresses and separates so you could make your own dress, and bridesmaid dresses. I found my dream dress here and it didn't break the bank! Once again, I highly recommend this salon for your dress needs

Sent on 06/06/2017
  • User7397280 路 2+ years ago

Best place to find cordial, professional, and warm staff. They really listen, they are extremely intrested in your choices and needs. And the plus side of it all...every dress fits!!!! They might not be your style but you don't have to scramble for sizes. The shop itself is cute, and chick. Maritza is amazing!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Jessica 路 Married on 10/21/2017

I would highly recommend this vendor they are great customer service and very patient. Tamiko the manager was great she made me fee comfortable and my family loved her service. Thank you Tamiko it was great working with you. She even stood 30 minutes after closing time to help me find my dress. They have the best quality and selections for curvy women. Definitely Strut!!!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Annette 路 Married on 10/07/2017

I loved my experience at Strut Bridal! Tamiko was great! She helped me find the dress of my dreams and was very patient and kind. I would definitely recommend this bridal shop for anyone looking for plus size wedding gowns. They have a variety of sizes to try on and make you feel right at home!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Nayeli 路 Married on 09/09/2017

Strut Bridal was the first place I went to during my dress search. I then went to other places, but in all honesty, their exemplary customer service brought me back. They are courteous, responsive, realistic, and fun. Maritza is amazing and will have you feeling like she's known you for years in no time! She is incredibly patient which is highly appreciated during a stressful time. Customer service is unfortunately hard to come across these days, but the Strut ladies provide it so effortlessly. Great selection of dresses for clientele that can easily feel underrepresented and ignored at other salons. I'm so glad to be a Strut bride!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Valerie 路 Married on 08/12/2017

I went to Strut first out of 4 bridal appointments I had set for a girls weekend. This was my second time going dress shopping and I struggled before finding anything I liked in my size. This was so frustrating since I had a vision already created in my mind of what my perfect wedding dress would look like. When I arrived at Strut, this was no longer a problem. Tamiko was very helpful in finding dresses for me in the style I liked that I could actually try on! She even had me put on the proper under garments so we could all see what it would actually look like on my big day. We played around with accessories and sleeves to find a unique look. Since I'm a Libra I had to still weigh out all of my options before making my final decision, but wish I had not wasted more time looking. I ended up coming back to order one of the first dresses she put me in. She was even able to order my dress with many customization so that I had the exact color and train length I wanted. I can not wait until my dress comes in to see how everything came together. Thank you so much Tamiko and Strut for making my bridal dreams come true! Every bride deserves this experience, no matter her size.

Sent on 02/17/2017
  • Beard2Atkinson

Trevelyn 路 Married on 04/22/2017

My experience with Strut's bridal and there team was absolutely amazing!! Dress shopping for me was the blues. I was all excited and invited my aunts from both sides of my families, my mother, my twin sister and one of my bridesmaids to come along with me. After trying on dress after dress and nothing really fit I became discouraged. I eventually just settled on a dress at David's Bridal. However, I did not make the purchase or a payment at the time. I was so tired of hearing "Once it comes in your size its going to look amazing on you." I pretty much just gave up. Another young lady from my church was married last year and recommended Strut's bridal to me. I didn't really want to go because I was tired of being disappointed and I liked my dress even though I didn't love it. But after talking to my mom and sister I decided to go and give it a try. Why not? It can't hurt I didn't pay for the other dress so I called and made an appointment and the rest is history. Once I arrived Tamiko was so nice and helpful. She took my information and then after I finished my paper work she set me up with my stylist Maritza. Maritza was awesome!!! She came along asked me questions and really tried to get a feel of who I was and what style I was looking for before she started pulling dresses. Once she pulled the dresses she took me in the dressing room. My mom and auntie were waiting patiently in the dressing room with me and Maritza came in and put them out and told them to have a sit and relax. Maritza keep communicating with me, making me laugh and helping me put on my dress which I definitely did not get at the other bridal salon's I visited. When I found my dress she knew it and so did I. My aunt even cried. I put down my payment that day. They have remained in contact with me keeping me update on the status of everything. I was so impressed that I cancel my appointment with David's bridal for my bridesmaids and made an appointment with them. My bridesmaids felt the same way. I

Sent on 11/07/2016

Caycee 路 Married on 04/22/2017

Being a plus size bride, I was so nervous to go wedding dress shopping. I was terrified of not being able to fit in to any dresses, and I was nervous of feeling so self conscious that I wouldn't enjoy the experience. I live in Bakersfield, and we only have a few wedding dress shops here, and practically none of them had plus size dresses available to try one. I found a plus size bridal store in Los Angeles and made an appointment. A few days before the appointment, I was researching online and found Strut. I called with the hope of being able to schedule an appointment for the same day as my other appointment, but knew that it was a slim chance, because of the short notice and they may not be able to accommodate my group size. Tamiko answered the phone and got me scheduled for the day I wanted before the other appointment I had already scheduled. She asked me questions to get a sense of what I was wanting, what I was looking for, and my sizing. She was so professional and friendly. The day of the appointment, a group of 11 of us, including myself, made the 2 and half hour drive to Strut. We walked to the front door, and I immediately fell in love with their display dress. The entire staff greeted us and made us feel so welcomed. They had set up lots of chairs in the back for our large group and got us set up. Maritza was assigned to help us, and I couldn't have been happier. She listened to everything I had to say...my wants, my fears, and my concerns. She was AMAZING. She helped me try on at least 10 different dresses, and I ended up finding my dream dress for a great price. Maritza made me feel amazing and eased all of my fears and concerns. I didn't end up needing the appointment at the place we had scheduled for later that day. All of us that were there were so pleased and happy with not only the assortment of dresses, but the overall atmosphere and kindness of the staff. I would highly recommend Strut Bridal to any bride.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Amanda 路 Married on 04/13/2017

I loved the beautiful dresses! So many styles to choose from! Tamiko was there to help me during my appoimtment. I felt very comfortable talking to her and sharing my vision. I am a bigger curvier girl and they just made me feel great. I am trying to lose weight for my new life and I originally ordered the dress I chose a size smaller. Then I wanted to order it one more size smaller and Tamiko helped me out and just made everything so easily! Thank you STRUT! I can't wait for my dress!!!!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Kayla 路 Married on 12/19/2015

I actually visited the Tempe, AZ location and the girls there were so wonderful! They were so patient and answered all my questions which made the experience so easy and enjoyable. This was the only bridal shop I visited and didn't find a need to go elsewhere. I purchased my gown on the second visit. I just loved their selection of gowns and accessories.

Sent on 02/08/2017
  • Y. De

Y. De L. 路 Getting married on 08/02/2022

Great Experience!

Since the restrictions have lifted, I was finally able to get an apt for my wedding dress for my Feb '21 wedding date. Strut got me in as soon as possible. I was helped by Tamiko and another very nice assistant (sorry I forgot her name). They brought out so many lovely dresses. They have a wide variety for curvy girls. They had veils, belts, and hair accessories all in house. They were very helpful and I ended up finding my wedding dress there and it was such a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! Thank you so much.

Sent on 06/24/2020

Rachel 路 Married on 11/04/2017

Strut had so many options! it was wonderful to be able to try on dresses that were not just sample sizes. They were patient with me and listened to my specifications on what I was looking for. I am so glad I found my dress there and can not wait until it comes in to start the fittings.

Sent on 04/03/2017

Karen 路 Married on 04/08/2017

Great Experience! I had a horrible experience looking for a wedding dress until I went to Strut. Worn out and turned off with the whole wedding dress process after "trying to try on" a bunch of dresses at other salons (at least 8) I found Strut. I traveled from Wash, DC to LA to go there. I checked out some others in LA while I was there but Strut was by far the best. Tamiko is awesome! I didn't feel like I was in a "plus store". I felt like I was in a bridal salon where the dresses fit me like any other woman. Tamiko and the other girls in the store were personable and fun. They brought us glasses for our champagne and shared snacks with us. They had all types of dresses in a fun, trendy, loft style environment. Don't forget to ask Tamiko for the magic slip. It's awesome and will make you look amazing :) On top of that, it's important to support the 12+ bridal boutiques so that they can grow and expand. Happy shopping girls.

Sent on 11/08/2016