Straight to the Plate Catering Reviews

Straight to the Plate Catering 5
Straight to the Plate Catering 6

Kimberly Golich · Married on 12/01/2018

Phenomenal food and service

Straight To The Plate traveled to Albuquerque NM to cater our daughters wedding that was held on December 1, 2018 at The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History and the food and service was phenomenal. We had experienced their food at a previous event in Arizona so when it was time to find a caterer for our daughters wedding they were the first we contacted. Traveling such a distance wasn’t normal for them however we worked things out so their delicious food was center stage at the reception. From delicious hot crab cakes, spicy buffalo dip to their tender flank steak, creamy chicken piccata and to die for 5 cheese Mac and cheese they went above and beyond what we had hoped for. Guests were able to enjoy as much food as they could hold because nothing was scrimped on by Straight To The Plate. Plus they also provided all the beautiful tableware for the reception which was one less thing we had to worry about. Guests complimented us on the food and service wanting our cateres information plus many hoped to learn the recipes for the 5 cheese Mac and cheese and their glazed bacon appetizers. My daughter and her new husband were thrilled with Straight To The Plate and couldn’t thank them enough for making their first family dinner such a huge success!!!

Sent on 12/09/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/19/2018

Amazing - so glad we hired Straight to the Plate!

Sue and her team were an incredible asset to my wedding. They patiently communicated with both my mother and I, who are quite Type A and probably not the easiest customers! They were friendly and sweet with us throughout the entire process leading up to our big night. They were also incredibly receptive to our ideas and vision for food.

On the night of our wedding, the food was delicious and everyone raved about how good it was (especially the gyros!) One guest made the joke that it was the first wedding they did NOT leave feeling hungry. Before the STTP team left, one of the amazing workers approached me to thank me for letting them be apart of our day. I was humbled; they had done so much to make our wedding special. Both my mom and I (the primary planners of the wedding) were so happy with how things are turned out. I will recommend these caterers to anyone who asks.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Straight to the Plate Catering's reply:

Laura, we're so excited that we made everything special for your Wedding Day and First Meal as a New Family! We loved designing your guest experience with you and your Mom! We're so glad that the guests enjoyed all the food stations and especially the gyros and let you know how much they enjoyed the menu that you designed! Thank you for letting us know how happy you were with our services and for the 5 Star Review! We wish you and Dakota a life full of love, blessings, health and happiness! Thank you again for asking us to be a part of your Wedding Day! Sue and Team

Amanda · Married on 04/28/2018

Sue and her team were absolutely amazing! All of our wedding guests raved about the food and the beauty of the place settings. Their menu is so unique and everything they prepare is absolutely delicious. The tastings were really nice because Sue sat down with us and got to know my fiance and I and was interested in all of the details of our wedding. She really worked hard to make it a perfect day for us. The Jalapeno infused lemonade was such a huge hit and perfect for our desert setting! Straight to the Plate was so fun to work with and very accommodating to all of my requests for our wedding day. The floral ice cubes they made for my signature drink were absolutely stunning! I am so thankful to the entire team for every detail they focused on to make it such a special day!

Sent on 05/04/2018
    Straight to the Plate Catering 7
    Straight to the Plate Catering 8
    Straight to the Plate Catering 9
    Straight to the Plate Catering 10

Straight to the Plate Catering's reply:

Amanda, it was our absolute pleasure to be a part of your and Jon's wedding day and first meal as a new family! We're delighted that you enjoyed the whole catering process, and please know we had as much fun as you both did! We loved your vision and we're glad that we could fulfill it for you both! We wish you both a lifetime of happiness, joy, health and love! Sue and Team
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 04/02/2018

The service, the food, the attention to detail was top notch! From my first conversation with Sue, I knew there was no contacting any other caterer. The southwest menu she created with chef Tony, was outstanding! Our guests are raving about our cocktail hour which included prepared on site, in front of you guacamole, quesadillas, passed shrimp and mango spoons, and empanadas with avocado crema. If you want the best food and service, contact Sue! Our meals were outstanding and everyone commented us on how delicious it all tasted. Thank you Sue and straight to the plate.

Sent on 04/07/2018

Cassandra · Married on 03/24/2018

I was SO nervous to use a caterer and straight to the plate blew my expectations out of the water! Everything they served was hot and fresh, even with a buffet for almost 200 guests. We had steak, salmon, and cheese tortellini and my guests were RAVING about the food all weekend. Their staff was attentive and accommodating to anything my husband and I asked for.

Sent on 03/31/2018

Straight to the Plate Catering's reply:

Cassandra, it was our absolutely pleasure to be a part of your and Pat's Wedding Team for your wedding and first meal as a new family! We're so very happy that you both enjoyed everything! You and Pat selected an awesome menu and I think your guests really appreciated the thought that was put into the menu. Thank you so very much for the very kind words! On behalf of the entire Straight to the Plate Catering Team, we wish you both a life time of happiness, joy and health! Sue

Danielle · Married on 03/04/2018

We were extremely impressed with this vendor. We had our wedding at the Paseo and Straight to the Plate was the catering vendor included in our "all inclusive" package. They accommodated our unique request to have an all vegetarian wedding. They came up with an interesting and tasty vegetarian menu to satisfy ALL of our wedding guests. It was the best food I have ever had at a wedding!! They went above an beyond to make the buffet table beautiful, incorporating decorative items that went well with the bohemian theme of our wedding. Sue was a dream to work with and worked very well with our personal wedding planner. Being an out of town bride always has its challenges, but not when working with Straight to the Plate! I would recommend them to anyone with catering needs in the Phoenix area!

Sent on 04/04/2018
    Straight to the Plate Catering 11
    Straight to the Plate Catering 12

Cassidy · Married on 02/16/2018

Sue and her team were AMAZING! We had our wedding at The Paseo and this was our contracted caterer. There were so many food options to choose from that every palette would enjoy. They lay everything out and make it simple to make your choices. There is also a tasting so you are able to try the food before selecting it for your big day. The food was so great! All my guests loved it. I highly recommend Straight to the Plate- they will not disappoint!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Straight to the Plate Catering's reply:

Cassidy, we LOVED being a part of your and Zach's first meal as a new family! Thank you so much for the honor! We're delighted you, Zach and your guests enjoyed our culinary delights and services! Thanks for letting us know how pleased you were with everything! It was our absolute pleasure! Wishing you and Zach the very best! Sue and Team

Lisa · Married on 12/15/2017

Sue and her team are seriously the best! Along every step leading up to our wedding they made sure every aspect was planned and on the day of our wedding our servers were amazing! I was so happy to actually be able to sit and eat while our guests were taken care of. Weeks later I am still hearing how good the food was and how people enjoyed it so much. We absolutely recommend Straight to the Plate and their awesome staff!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Straight to the Plate Catering's reply:

Lisa, it was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your wedding day and first meal as a new family! We're delighted that everybody enjoyed our culinary delights and the menu you selected! Thanks for letting us now how pleased you were and giving us the honor of being a part of your wedding day! Best wishes, Sue and Team, Straight to the Plate Catering

Bryce · Married on 11/26/2017

Straight To The Plate Catering was a fantastic catering company to have at our wedding. Sue the event coordinator was extremely helpful, and was able to work with all of our requests that we had. We highly recommend this Catering service for anyone’s special day

Sent on 12/02/2017

Lyndsey · Married on 10/27/2017

We used Straight to the Plate for our wedding as they are a preferred venue at The Paseo. Sue and her staff are really awesome! They were very professional and the food was great! We did a BBQ buffet style. They have so many options to chose from on their menu and will work with any budget. They are very easy to communicate with. Thank you Straight to The Plate for serving our first meal as a family!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Straight to the Plate Catering's reply:

Lyndsey, thank you for the very kind words and for giving us the honor of being a part of your first meal as a new family! It was great to get to know you and Cody over the last several months and our entire team wishes you both the very best! Sue

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2017

Easy to work with, organized and keeps you well informed, good food and good service. Many different catering options to fit your budget.

Sent on 05/28/2017

Challis · Married on 02/25/2017

Food was amazing! They had so many options to choose from.

Sent on 03/02/2017

Camille · Married on 11/12/2016

Straight to the Plate Catering was absolutely amazing for our wedding! My husband and I were traveling from out of town but we were still able to get a tasting the week before the wedding to make sure we liked everything on the menu. Every time I e-mailed I got a response within just a few hours. The staff is so welcoming and accommodating, they also had vegan and vegetarian options for a few friends and family. They went above and beyond to make our day so wonderful and the food tasted GREAT!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/23/2016

Food was delicious!!!! Staff was friendly and extremely attentive to everyone's needs. Everything about this company was enjoyable. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to have a delicious and easy experience!! Many thanks to them!! The meatball appetizers are a MUST!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Margaret · Married on 08/27/2016

Sue and her team were great to work with for our wedding. They worked with us to create a menu and accommodated our needs and price point. They were always happy to answer any questions we had. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/12/2016
  • W

Wil · Married on 04/30/2016

Straight to the Plate was absolutely phenomenal. We were treated so kindly, and the food was incredible. Sue kept coming over to our table to make sure we weren't going hungry! I couldn't have asked for a better caterer for our wedding!

Sent on 01/05/2017

DeAnna · Married on 04/29/2016

A-MAZ-ING!!!!! All of our guests loved the food! They all said it was the best wedding food ever! Thank you so much for making out first dinner as husband and wife so good! The Gyros were great!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Sarah · Married on 02/26/2016

Sue and her team are incredible! They run everything so smoothly and their food is delicious! Straight to the Plate is definitely a catering company that I would like to hire again!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Violet R. · Married on 09/12/2015

Sue & her team were amazing! After losing our previous caterer to his lack of professionalism, Sue & her team pulled together and made our September wedding day meal what we wanted & more. Their variety of dishes & the way they were displayed was beautifully done! Our guests loved every bite & still talk about it today. We are so appreciative for Sue & her entire team, you all did a fantastic job & we would highly recommend your service to anyone. Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Words cannot express how pleased I was for the services that "Straight to the Plate Catering" offered for my wedding. I utilized "Straight to the Plate Catering" for catering services. Brett and Sue are true culinary professionals from start to finish. Their knowledge and attention to detail were insurmountable. I work in the event industry and have very high standards and I knew I was in good hands with "Straight to the Plate Catering". I was very impressed with how Brett and Sue took charge and went over and above to make our special day memorable, I was extremely impressed with what they brought to the overall culinary experience. Their slow roasted herbed beef roast and their cognac chicken are to die for! I would truly recommend "Straight to the Plate Catering" for their top notch attention to detail, customer service, flavorful food profiles, follow through and overall food services. If you're looking for a foodie expert with outstanding service look no further! Straight to the Plate Catering has it all!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Mariah · Married on 04/14/2015

Straight to the Plate has amazing catering service! There food is delicious and I'm so glad I chose them for my wedding!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Josh · Married on 04/04/2015

After interviewing about five different catering companies, my wife and I had the pleasure of working with Susan on a post-wedding party (about 80 people) back in February. Simply put, it was a delightful experience in every way imaginable. From the moment we first spoke, she gave me a comfort level that carried through to the very end. In addition to her excellent customer service, more importantly, the food quality was fantastic. This is also coming from someone that grew up in NYC, and has been in the hospitality industry for the last 25 years. I had a distinct vision for what I wanted to be served, in addition to a strict budget, and Susan, along with her Straight to the Plate team, were able to make it happen in spades!

I would highly recommend her for any of your catering needs.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Krysteena · Married on 03/20/2015

The food was delicious! Sue was awesome and was able to change the number of guests at the last minute. She also worked with us on pricing to keep it in our budget.

Sent on 04/12/2015

Kerry · Married on 04/19/2014

Sue at Straight to the Plate is amazing! At the time of my wedding, I was on a very strict medical allergy diet in addition to being a vegetarian. Sue was able to accommodate my dietary restrictions and created an amazing cocktail hour and reception dinner that was vegetarian, gluten-free, corn-free and soy free. All of my guests (most of whom are meat eaters) loved the food and were amazed. Straight to the Plate went above and beyond my expectations for a caterer and I can't recommend them enough. In addition, a week before my wedding I had a mini-meltdown about weather and I wasn't sure if my all outdoor venue would work. Sue took time from her busy schedule to talk me through it and even made some calls to other vendors on my behalf. Wish I could give them 10 stars!

Sent on 07/06/2014