63 Reviews for Straight to the Plate Catering

Local (1)
Champagne Toast (1)
Tables (1)
49 Straight to the Plate Catering Reviews

Sue and chef tony are an amazing team! Everything from having our first tasting to our wedding day went off without a hitch. The food was delicious, our guests loved the whole experience! The serving team was incredible- we were served food quickly and even had a chance to eat appetizers in between photos. Could not recommend Straight to the Plate enough!

Profile Picture Glorija, 5/11/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up, Vegetarian

Sue and her team were absolutely amazing! All of our wedding guests raved about the food and the beauty of the place settings. Their menu is so unique and everything they prepare is absolutely delicious. The tastings were really nice because Sue sat down with us and got to know my fiance and I and was interested in all of the details of our wedding. She really worked hard to make it a perfect day for us. The Jalapeno infused lemonade was such a huge hit and perfect for our desert setting! Straight to the Plate was so fun to work with and very accommodating to all of my requests for our wedding day. The floral ice cubes they made for my signature drink were absolutely stunning! I am so thankful to the entire team for every detail they focused on to make it such a special day!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/28/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Organic, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Local, Southwestern

The service, the food, the attention to detail was top notch! From my first conversation with Sue, I knew there was no contacting any other caterer. The southwest menu she created with chef Tony, was outstanding! Our guests are raving about our cocktail hour which included prepared on site, in front of you guacamole, quesadillas, passed shrimp and mango spoons, and empanadas with avocado crema. If you want the best food and service, contact Sue! Our meals were outstanding and everyone commented us on how delicious it all tasted. Thank you Sue and straight to the plate.

Profile Picture Joanna, 4/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Southwestern, Gluten Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

I was SO nervous to use a caterer and straight to the plate blew my expectations out of the water! Everything they served was hot and fresh, even with a buffet for almost 200 guests. We had steak, salmon, and cheese tortellini and my guests were RAVING about the food all weekend. Their staff was attentive and accommodating to anything my husband and I asked for.

Profile Picture Cassandra, 3/24/18, 14 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

We were extremely impressed with this vendor. We had our wedding at the Paseo and Straight to the Plate was the catering vendor included in our "all inclusive" package. They accommodated our unique request to have an all vegetarian wedding. They came up with an interesting and tasty vegetarian menu to satisfy ALL of our wedding guests. It was the best food I have ever had at a wedding!! They went above an beyond to make the buffet table beautiful, incorporating decorative items that went well with the bohemian theme of our wedding. Sue was a dream to work with and worked very well with our personal wedding planner. Being an out of town bride always has its challenges, but not when working with Straight to the Plate! I would recommend them to anyone with catering needs in the Phoenix area!

Profile Picture Danielle, 3/4/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Sue and her team were AMAZING! We had our wedding at The Paseo and this was our contracted caterer. There were so many food options to choose from that every palette would enjoy. They lay everything out and make it simple to make your choices. There is also a tasting so you are able to try the food before selecting it for your big day. The food was so great! All my guests loved it. I highly recommend Straight to the Plate- they will not disappoint!

Profile Picture Cassidy, 2/16/18, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Sue and her team are seriously the best! Along every step leading up to our wedding they made sure every aspect was planned and on the day of our wedding our servers were amazing! I was so happy to actually be able to sit and eat while our guests were taken care of. Weeks later I am still hearing how good the food was and how people enjoyed it so much. We absolutely recommend Straight to the Plate and their awesome staff!

Profile Picture Lisa, 12/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Straight To The Plate Catering was a fantastic catering company to have at our wedding. Sue the event coordinator was extremely helpful, and was able to work with all of our requests that we had. We highly recommend this Catering service for anyone’s special day

Profile Picture Bryce, 11/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used Straight to the Plate for our wedding as they are a preferred venue at The Paseo. Sue and her staff are really awesome! They were very professional and the food was great! We did a BBQ buffet style. They have so many options to chose from on their menu and will work with any budget. They are very easy to communicate with. Thank you Straight to The Plate for serving our first meal as a family!

Profile Picture Lyndsey, 10/27/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Easy to work with, organized and keeps you well informed, good food and good service. Many different catering options to fit your budget.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/20/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Food was amazing! They had so many options to choose from.

Profile Picture User6725105, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

Straight to Plate was a great choice for our wedding. They took care of everything and their process was easy. Tasty quality food and Great service.

Profile Picture Garrett, 1/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Everything about Straight to the Plate was amazing! During all of the chaos of planning our wedding, they were always responsive and helpful - definitely the easiest of all of our vendors to coordinate with. They made sure we knew exactly what to expect before we signed a contract, and delivered on every promise they made. Out of all the caterers we looked at, they were by far the most honest and trustworthy.

And, most importantly, the food was incredible! Everything at the reception was just as delicious as it was during the tasting. The spinach and artichoke dip and poblano chicken huge hits! The next time I host a large event, the catering will definitely be an easy choice.

Profile Picture Eric, 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Straight to the Plate Catering was absolutely amazing for our wedding! My husband and I were traveling from out of town but we were still able to get a tasting the week before the wedding to make sure we liked everything on the menu. Every time I e-mailed I got a response within just a few hours. The staff is so welcoming and accommodating, they also had vegan and vegetarian options for a few friends and family. They went above and beyond to make our day so wonderful and the food tasted GREAT!

Profile Picture Camille, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Food was delicious!!!! Staff was friendly and extremely attentive to everyone's needs. Everything about this company was enjoyable. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to have a delicious and easy experience!! Many thanks to them!! The meatball appetizers are a MUST!!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/23/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Sue and her team were great to work with for our wedding. They worked with us to create a menu and accommodated our needs and price point. They were always happy to answer any questions we had. We highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Margaret, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Italian

Straight to the Plate was absolutely phenomenal. We were treated so kindly, and the food was incredible. Sue kept coming over to our table to make sure we weren't going hungry! I couldn't have asked for a better caterer for our wedding!

Profile Picture User7593394, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Italian, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Set Up, Champagne Toast

A-MAZ-ING!!!!! All of our guests loved the food! They all said it was the best wedding food ever! Thank you so much for making out first dinner as husband and wife so good! The Gyros were great!

Profile Picture DeAnna, 4/29/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Vegetarian, Tables

Sue and her team are incredible! They run everything so smoothly and their food is delicious! Straight to the Plate is definitely a catering company that I would like to hire again!

Profile Picture Sarah, 2/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Sue & her team were amazing! After losing our previous caterer to his lack of professionalism, Sue & her team pulled together and made our September wedding day meal what we wanted & more. Their variety of dishes & the way they were displayed was beautifully done! Our guests loved every bite & still talk about it today. We are so appreciative for Sue & her entire team, you all did a fantastic job & we would highly recommend your service to anyone. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Violet R., 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Words cannot express how pleased I was for the services that "Straight to the Plate Catering" offered for my wedding. I utilized "Straight to the Plate Catering" for catering services. Brett and Sue are true culinary professionals from start to finish. Their knowledge and attention to detail were insurmountable. I work in the event industry and have very high standards and I knew I was in good hands with "Straight to the Plate Catering". I was very impressed with how Brett and Sue took charge and went over and above to make our special day memorable, I was extremely impressed with what they brought to the overall culinary experience. Their slow roasted herbed beef roast and their cognac chicken are to die for! I would truly recommend "Straight to the Plate Catering" for their top notch attention to detail, customer service, flavorful food profiles, follow through and overall food services. If you're looking for a foodie expert with outstanding service look no further! Straight to the Plate Catering has it all!

Profile Picture User5297767, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Straight to the Plate has amazing catering service! There food is delicious and I'm so glad I chose them for my wedding!

Profile Picture Mariah, 4/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

After interviewing about five different catering companies, my wife and I had the pleasure of working with Susan on a post-wedding party (about 80 people) back in February. Simply put, it was a delightful experience in every way imaginable. From the moment we first spoke, she gave me a comfort level that carried through to the very end. In addition to her excellent customer service, more importantly, the food quality was fantastic. This is also coming from someone that grew up in NYC, and has been in the hospitality industry for the last 25 years. I had a distinct vision for what I wanted to be served, in addition to a strict budget, and Susan, along with her Straight to the Plate team, were able to make it happen in spades!

I would highly recommend her for any of your catering needs.

Profile Picture Josh, 4/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The food was delicious! Sue was awesome and was able to change the number of guests at the last minute. She also worked with us on pricing to keep it in our budget.

Profile Picture Krysteena, 3/20/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Straight to the Plate catered our wedding and made it extra special! Their staff was professional and made sure we and our guests were completely satisfied. Every one at our wedding raved about the food, saying it was the best they have ever had at such an event! Sue and her staff are extremely friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make sure their customers are well taken care of.

Profile Picture Kiersten, 3/6/15, 1 Review