23 Reviews for Storyteller Videography

Short Form (1)
High-Def Video (1)
Save The Date (1)
23 Storyteller Videography Reviews

Mike is my hero! He truly came to the rescue with just a 24 hour notice. No questions asked Mike elegantly dove in and captured every unique moment of our day. I am truly blessed and so grateful for Storyteller Videography! He's worth every penny folks!!

Profile Picture Toni, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

It was so great working with Storyteller Video. Mike was so easy to work with and our video was incredible!

Profile Picture Meg, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Digital Download, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Storytelling, Highlight Video

I can’t say enough to describe how thankful I am to Mike for accepting to be our wedding videographer. We got engaged 6 months before our wedding and I started looking for a videographer with four months left. I thought for sure I wouldn’t be able to find anyone and when I found Storyteller Videography I thought there would be no way they had time open still for this summer. I really lucked out! All the video I saw on his website made me confident that he would give us exactly what we were looking for and after talking with him one time over the phone I knew he was the man for the job! Mike is definitely an expert in his field and I am truely amazed by the quality of work he is able to create especially as one man for our wedding. He is very professional and easy to work with. He is very detailed and works well with photographers. He has a natural eye for catching special moments and content that is going to work well in a cinematic video. I did not feel him around us like a paparazzi but the footage he captured was clear and personal. He put in so much effort on our special day which I really appreciate, but his ability to put together a cinematic video that is smooth and flows and transitions is where he shines even more. The music fades in and out perfectly, the pieces of our letters and vows that he picked to highlight fit together to create a beautiful story and then the images he shared in our video brings me back to every special moment I could want to remember. During the editing process he was very accommodating and he tweaked a couple things for us to make sure we had exactly what we wanted. Mike is very creative, thoughtful, and innovative. He is also very wise and I appreciate the insight and feedback he provided throughout the process. Every video I watch from other videographers don’t compare to what he does with his videos. He will be doing our daughter’s and my brothers’ videos someday because we won’t work with anyone else since working with Mike.

Profile Picture Gina, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: USB Flash Drive, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, One Event/Day, Cinematic, Storytelling, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Mike was so wonderful to work with before, during and after our wedding day. He captured my sister's wedding in 2014 and I knew we would have to have him for our date in 2017! He is extremely professional, hard working, and talented. Our highlight trailer really captured the essence of our relationship. We have a long history, with many shared memories, and he made sure that our narrative was expressed through the highlight video.

He also pays incredible attention to detail. Our ceremony was outdoors on a very windy day and he made sure to use equipment and editing tools that made the sound completely clear. If it wasn't for my blowing veil, you wouldn't even notice the strong breeze!

We have loved watching our video and are so proud to share it with our friends and family. Our wedding day flew by, so we feel very fortunate that we are able to re-experience it time and time again.

Profile Picture Jenna, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, One Event/Day, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Storytelling, USB Flash Drive

Working with Mike at Storyteller Videography was a wonderful experience. When we were planning our wedding, we knew we wanted to capture the day on video so we had more than just pictures to look back on in the future. After watching our highlight video and the full video from our wedding day, we could not be happier with the decision we made to choose Storyteller Videography. Mike was very easy to work with and we would recommend Storyteller Videography to anyone getting married, and for anyone contemplating whether or not to hire a videographer, we would highly suggest doing so, and choosing Storyteller.

Profile Picture Brandon, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Mike at Storyteller Videography was such an amazing person to work with and helped make our wedding everything we had hoped! From the moment we contacted Mike he was genuinely excited to work with us and helped capture every moment of our wedding the way we wanted so we would never forget it! The quality of his work is well worth the price and after doing TONS of research I felt the price was very reasonable for the services we received.

Mike made sure he had all questions answered before our big day and showed up the day of the fully prepared. Communication was great with him from start to finish! Mike made sure my husband and I felt comfortable with everything that he had planned and also with those moments that popped up he thought would be best to capture when we hadn't even thought about it.

Once our wedding was over Mike made sure we were not forgotten about during the wait to receive the final footage and highlight film. He would send emails and small clips of footage, so fun! Once we received the film we watched it probably 100 times the first day. It was so amazing it brought both my husband and I to tears! We showed all our friends and family, all of which commented on the amazing job Mike had done. You would think Mike had an army helping him that day, but truth is he is just that good!

I would 100 times over recommend Mike to anyone looking for a videographer!! Thanks Mike!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Mike was absolutely incredible! So friendly, and really made us feel comfortable around him. He laughed with us, and his work was above our expectations. He also stayed an extra hour after our contract allowed because the our wedding timeline was a little off, and he had no problem doing so. I HIGHLY recommend Storyteller to any couple!! :)

Profile Picture Meranda, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

Where to start? When it comes to Mike and his videography, thank you just doesn’t seem to do enough! I knew that he was something special from our very first correspondence. My (now) husband and I were living internationally when planning our Minneapolis-based wedding, thus selecting and contacting vendors proved to be a bit of challenge. Despite some difficulties in other areas of the wedding, Mike made our decision perhaps one of the easiest we had to make. He was more than accommodating, incredibly efficient, and extremely friendly (and this was all via e-mail)!

Despite already knowing how wonderful he was prior to meeting on the day of the wedding, Mike proceeded to exceed all expectations throughout our big day. For example, between our ceremony and reception, we organized a pedal pub for the bridal party. Although I would imagine a moving location, such as a pedal pub, would prove difficult to shoot, Mike never missed a beat. In fact, throughout the duration of the ride, Mike ran along-side us capturing a variety of creative/innovative shots (keep in mind that this was in the middle of the summer in 80 degree heat)!

Since our wedding, Mike has finalized our highlight video and it is something we will cherish forever. Throughout the video, he demonstrated his uncanny ability of capturing every emotion we experienced throughout the day – ranging from excitement to anxiety and from smiles to tears. MIKE TRULY CAPTURED IT ALL! In fact, we were so impressed with his work we retroactively contacted him and requested additional footage. WE JUST CANT’T GET ENOUGH!

In sum, Mike is truly a professional and produces work beyond words. Furthermore, his personality makes him a pleasure to work with. I now feel comfortable calling him a friend, even only after having met him for one day! I can’t say enough positive things about Mike and genuinely recommend him to anyone looking for a videographer.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

Really easy to work with and he will bend over backwards to meet your needs.

Profile Picture Calley, 12/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Ceremony, Reception, Storytelling, DVD, Digital Download

I chose Storyteller because a year ago my sister also got married and Storyteller did her wedding highlight video! We saw hers and instantly knew we HAD to have Mike do ours as well. He is a fantastic videographer and our already high expectations (because we saw how awesome my sister's video was) were even exceeded! Storyteller did an amazing job! We could not have imaged a more well-done wedding highlight packed into 5 minutes! Mike was great to work with, flexible, accommodating to our budget, fun, professional, and created the video in a way that uniquely and accurately captured our personalities, our love, and out wedding day! Plus, the videos are of fantastic quality! He has an amazing talent and we are thankful to have had him capture our most special moments. With a wedding day that zoomed by (and that we wished we could replay over and over), our wedding highlight is easily the best investment we made to look back at it and replay those special moments for years to come! Thanks a million to Mike!

Profile Picture User6167807, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Cinematic, Short Form, Storytelling, USB Flash Drive

I would highly recommend Mike as your videographer, he captured our big day and turned it into an amazing video!!! He takes the time and truly cares about his finished product. He is truly talented! Nice guy as well!!:) we were overall very happy with everything!!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Mike was such a pleasure to work with for our wedding! Not only was he very professional, but the quality of the work he puts out is unlike any other wedding videography I have seen. He took the time to get to know my fiancé and I and then really bring our individual story to life. He was very flexible in filming times, working around our crazy schedules to make sure we got the footage to make our Love Story come to life! Aside from having to wait a little extra time to get our final video (which he gave us a head's up about before the due date), I have nothing but wonderful things to say about working with Mike!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Andriana, 8/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: DVD, USB Flash Drive, Cinematic, Storytelling, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Save The Date, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

Storyteller Videography was very accommodating. He did a great job capturing who the bride and groom really were and the entire day.

Profile Picture User6210294, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, DVD, Digital Download, USB Flash Drive, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, One Event/Day, Storytelling

Mike was amazing to work with! He was professional, flexible, and had a great vision for our video. He also took into account our ideas and what was important to us. We are SO happy with how our video turned out and our decision to hire a videographer. He even helped our wedding day run smoothly and when there was a problem with the microphone for the ceremony, he was running around and ended up fixing it and saving the ceremony! I would recommend him to anyone!!!

Profile Picture Allison, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography

BY FAR, YOUR BEST VALUE IN EVERY WAY!!!!!!!!!
In a heartbeat, I'd recommend SV. I looked at way too many videos to count, trying to compare prices and quality and I didn't want to compromise on either. You won't be sorry going with Storyteller.

Super personable: From the very first email, I got a super personable response from Mike, who kept in touch with me even when I wasn't sure I could fit a video into my budget. You can tell Mike is truly a people person and is in this business for more than just a paycheck.

Very flexible: I didn't have a large budget and he worked with me to find a solution that would work for us. Now that's not to say that I didn't spend a pretty penny but for the quality he provides (truly top-notch and just as amazing as those $4000 videos you see other places), it was worth it. I'd recommend the "Ultra budget" option while he still has it. You can go a la carte and determine how many minutes you want the video to be. A 4-minute video highlight and edited ceremony is just perfect. A good videographer can tell a good story in 4 minutes.

Top quality: Which brings me to quality. I'm sentimental, a storyteller by profession, an actress as a hobby and I know what it means to tell a good story. His ultra budget price is very fair for the superb quality (and maybe even generous compared to how outrageous some people's prices are). Pastor and your groom will be mic'd so you can hear everything that's going on. The music in the ceremony was crystal clear. Reception speeches were awesome as he strongly encourages speakers to use a mic stand for top audio pickup. Mike is just a one-man show (and you barely notice he’s following you around) but he somehow caught a bunch of different angles, like overhead shots, up close. All of it. Overall, he not only edited a beautiful video he truly captured the spirit and the energy and the emotion of the day. Now that's someone who lives up to his company name.

Profile Picture Kali, 8/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Videography

BY FAR, YOUR BEST VALUE IN EVERY WAY!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Kali, 8/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Videography

The whole project was a success. The best surprise was the delivery, In the Can!

Loved how you responded and gave several options to price.

Thinking of a wedding without video is silly. The additional cost for the return was well worth it.

Thank you for your professional work.

Profile Picture David, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Videography

My husband (then fiancé) and I were always on the fence about whether to hire a videographer for our wedding. After thought, research and talking with friends, we decided to go ahead with Storyteller. We could not have been happier with the ease and professionalism they exhibited, and we were thrilled with the final product. Photographs are wonderful but a video truly captures the moments in a way still shots cannot. And, the artistry and quality which it was done surpassed our expectations. We'd very strongly recommended working with them!

Profile Picture User4401635, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I came upon Storyteller Videography almost by accident as we were frantically looking for a videographer for my daughter's wedding when ours backed out less than a month before the wedding...but we know now it was anything but an "accident"...it was meant to be!! In fact, it turned out to be one of the best decisions/vendor experiences of our entire wedding! From the very first contact I received from Mike I had a great feeling about working with him. He is gracious, understanding, flexible, committed, trust-worthy, dependable, hard-working, interested and EXTREMELY talented at his craft! We just received the highlight video and we LOVE it!!! It is amazing, beautiful, inspiring and creative. It captures our day & the couple perfectly, and we can hardly wait for the "rest of the story" as we know it will be just as amazing! We are so pleased with his work, it's just what we were looking for. We expected the high-end finished product we received, but the friend we made throughout the process was a welcome surprise! Mike has a gift to join in just like part of the family, capturing all the intimate moments we want to cling to for years to come & yet never feeling intrusive...the perfect mix of high quality technical professionalism & down to earth compassion. We heard over & over that day from guests & wedding party how impressed people were with Mike's hard work; and from other vendors, how accommodating & easy he was to work with. We would (& already have) highly recommend Storyteller Videography to anyone with a wedding, anniversary or special life event they want to capture. We have another daughter that will be getting married someday & we can already cross one thing off our to-do list for that wedding, we have found our videographer!!

Profile Picture Schellie, 11/30/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

Mike with Storyteller Videography was amazing to work with! He is the definition of professionalism coupled with a true love for capturing once in a lifetime moments. He takes his craft very seriously, and this passion can been seen and appreciated in all his work. He truly went above and beyond when working with us, from meeting us for the very first time over coffee, to the actual wedding day, followed by another meeting to tell our story, and finally coming to our home to capture how our families interact. This speaks to how comfortable we were working with him, and it is illustrated in our videos that we absolutely love! We highly recommend Mike for your wedding day or any other moment you want captured on film. You truly get one chance to capture these moments and we are very happy we went with Mike and Storyteller Videography. Here is a link to our "bonus film" video: https://vimeo.com/80126951

Profile Picture Renee, 8/23/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography

We are thrilled with the job that Storyteller Videography did for my daughter's wedding. Mike Thole was professional, talented, and totally committed to providing a unique and memorable experience for the day. Mike spent the ENTIRE day, from early morning until late evening, tirelessly videoing the day's events. Our expectations of a videographer were far exceeded by Storyteller Videography. As we recently viewed the final product, we were brought to tears by the way that Mike told the bride and groom's story. Mike did a video of them in a kindergarten classroom where they first met, at the high school that they both attended, and then tied it in beautifully with the wedding day footage. We enjoyed working with Mike Thole and would HIGHLY recommend him !

Profile Picture Dianne, 8/2/13, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Mike was amazing to work with. I appreciated his questionnaire and meeting with us before the wedding, to discuss who we are as a couple as to give a focus for the video. He worked amazing with our photographer and captured our entire day, really, without us even realizing it. He provided a very natural, relaxed style.

We LOVED the second shoot. This really captured the ESSENCE of us and told our story, along with the story of our wedding. It also provided natural narration to our wedding video, along with music. We love it and our family has given tremendous feedback.

I cannot speak enough to the quality of the edit work. This is high-end, professional grade work; like a music video on MTV. The shooting and scenes were very thoughtful as well.

I truly cannot say enough about Mike's skill, coupled with his flexible, laid back style. We had THE BEST wedding vendors I could have asked for, making our Wedding Day, go off to perfection. And also, locked in memory, in perfection :)

Thank you again!!

Another Happy Couple,
Michael & Jen

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/15/13, 1 Review
Category: Videography

This Was by far the best experience we had with any vendor in our wedding. Not only did Story Teller Videography capture all of the important aspects of our wedding but also the important aspects of our life, all captured in the video. It was so professional I felt like I was watching a Hollywood movie, it was also a huge hit amongst my friends and brought happy tears to our eyes! Worth every penny!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 2/23/13, 1 Review