Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St Joseph Reviews

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St Joseph 6
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St Joseph 7

Sayre · Married on 03/30/2019

Wedding day

Stoney creek was so wonderful to work with! They were so accommodating and worked with us to make our day exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 04/24/2019
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St Joseph 11
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St Joseph 12
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St Joseph 13
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St Joseph 14

Laddie · Married on 01/12/2019

Would Highly Recommend!!

Stoney Creek was the best place we would have ever dreamt to hold our wedding reception. Our guests were completely able to cut loose and have a good time without the worry of having to drive to a hotel after the reception. But besides the convince of the space to the hotel, that is nothing compared to the amazing staff we were able to work with. They were always prompt with their communication - answering any and all questions we came up with as well as giving us advice where we needed. They're constant need to put our needs and wants first truly showed even up to the end of the reception. I would absolutely recommend this space and staff to a friend for any event!

Sent on 01/21/2019

SMITA · Married on 06/09/2018

I recommend Stoneycreek strongly as a wedding venue. Special mention to Katie Brown as a wonderfully professional wedding planner! And all of the courteous staff from front desk to housekeeping.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Hillary · Married on 09/30/2017

My wedding was simply beautiful and very intimate. Thank you for your hard work.

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St Joseph's reply:

Hillary-
    Thank you for allowing Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center be a part of your special day! It was truly an honor! Congratulations!

Meghan · Married on 07/22/2017

My husband and I are so happy we selected Stoney creek for our reception venue! We loved working with the staff and having a beautiful and clean hotel room the night of our wedding!

Hannah · Married on 11/12/2016

Stoney Creek was a wonderful place for our wedding!!!

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St Joseph's reply:

Thank you, Hannah! It was a pleasure to be a part of your beautiful day! Congratulations to you both!

Connie · Married on 09/04/2016

Everything was perfect. Staff was very helpful they made sure we had everything we needed. We had rehearsal and reception dinner here. We had many out of town guest who said they loved their room and venue. I would definitely recommend stony Creek for your hotel stay and your events

Sent on 07/26/2018

Tifanee · Married on 08/05/2006

They had so much to offer it was a hard decision!

Sent on 11/17/2007
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 10/10/2010

My husband and I and most of our guests stayed here while in town for the wedding. Just to clarify, we DID NOT have our actual wedding here, we only spent the night and got ready here.

PROS:
    -Very friendly/attentive staff (even gave me a free tube of toothpaste when I forgot mine, haha)
    -Good amenities (i.e. indoor heated pool)
    -Very close to food and shopping
    -Very clean, decorative rooms. Doesn't look like your standard hotel. Lots of different types of rooms to choose from. We chose a theme suite and LOVED it -perfect size for all the girls to get ready, along with the photographers and videographer

CONS:
    -Limited availability due to the large numbers of weddings held at the actual hotel
    -Mix up with wedding party reservation, but quickly fixed the problem

Sent on 12/26/2010

Patsy · Married on 09/09/2018

3.5

It rained all week, so we moved the ceremony inside. Our wedding coordinator had a medical issue and was out of the office; Brandi stepped in and took charge and helped us have a beautiful wedding for our daughter. Thanks Brandi for giving up your day off to be there for us to keep this mother of the bride same.

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St Joseph 15
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St Joseph 16

Samantha · Married on 12/02/2016

Everyone was so nice and willing to work around my schedule to help me get things done, they were awesome about making sure people kept with what I wanted and what my vision was. I really appreciated this, as sometimes during a wedding others try to take over, they didn't let this happen. They explained everything in great detail and I was never in the dark or confused about where our money was being spent or if there was going to be a cost for something. Not having any hidden fee's during a wedding is a life saver!!! Anne is so pleasant to work with, along with the others, I just spent more time with her!! Would recommend the venue to others!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Makayla · Married on 05/28/2016

4.2
      3.0

Satisfied, with only one complaint

The only complaint we have is how our catered food was handled the night of our wedding. Stoney Creek had advised us that the food would be served by the catering company and they would also be picking up plates at the tables when people were finished eating. No one served our guests their meal which caused us to almost run out of food, and there were many plates still left on the tables at the end of the night. We are not sure who is at fault, but for the amount of money we paid Stoney Creek and the promise that was made by them, this was extremely upsetting. Besides that, Stoney Creek is a great place for a reception!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Carol · Married on 08/04/2017

Our event went off without any issues. Your customer service was great. When you were out Brandy took care of us. Our bartender was attentive and made sure that our guests had a wonderful time.

Sent on 11/08/2017
  • Danielle K

Danielle · Married on 06/08/2019

2.4
      2.0
      1.0

Overall dissapointing

Overall I loved my wedding but almost everything that went wrong could be traced back to the venue.
    While planning, pricing for different add on's constantly changed.
    The way they do their catering is so confusing, restricting, and frustrating.
    We dealt with a lot of inconsistencies, misinformation, and attitude.
    If you are going to book this venue, know that the bar is overpriced and no good way to pay except put a card on file with a specific amount. also make sure you give them the card info ahead of time. our bar bill was added to one of our guests rooms!!!

All of that said, some of the people we worked with were actually pretty nice and helpful, the venue is a pretty nice space, they do include linens (no upcharge for me but multiple times I was told there will be) and it is very convenient to be able to go to your hotel room without transportation (oh also the hotel room they give you for free is amazing and would make a great space to get ready before if you don't have a large wedding party) Overall, even though there are some good points, I would not recommend this venue. There are many more better options in St. Joe and surrounding areas.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Shannon · Married on 09/15/2007

2.2
      2.5
      2.0
      1.0
      3.0

This is not a good venue if you have specific decorations or catering in mind. They have very strict rules regarding both.

Sent on 05/16/2008

Amiee · Married on 09/10/2010

0.0

When my new husband and I were asked the usual question of, "If you could change anything about your wedding what would it be?" We undeniably agreed on NOT having our wedding at this venue. In the beginning things seemed great and stress free. We were delighted to know we would have an event planner that would ask us some questions and then take care of the details for everything. She told us she would coordinate the vendors, set up everything and be there until we left the reception. This package we paid for also included the rehearsal and a place to host the rehearsal dinner. A month or so my guest began to call me panicking because there wasn't a reduced rate block at the hotel like we were told and had told them. I had to call Stoney Creek and they said they would take care of it; needless to say, it wasn’t taken care of until I came to the hotel to check in on the day of my rehearsal. Once this issue was taken care of I asked to speak with the wedding coordinator so I could get piece of mind about seeing her take care of everything and everyone. At my disappointment, I was told this was her weekend off and she would be back first thing on Monday. So I thought maybe the front desk worker didn’t realize she had a wedding this weekend and pushed this comment out of mind. Well….she never showed up. And she, in fact, had the whole weekend off and didn’t come to our wedding day either. Instead of my maid of honor’s and bride’s maids being with me while getting ready, they were running around taking care of the vendors as they arrived. Then about half way through the pictures (outside) it began to rain. We were told by Stoney Creek if this happened they would move all the chairs into the reception hall onto the dance floor and we would get married on a platform in front of them. It sounded perfect until the guys working that day refused to move the chairs for us. So this meant the groomsmen had to move the chairs. As you can imagine, I wasn’t a happy bride at this time. At cake cutting time some of my guests had to get up and cut the cake because Stoney Creek wouldn’t do it. And then during clean up Stoney Creek threw away items from the cake that needed to be returned to the baker. And I am still trying to locate a crystal rose vase that has ‘disappeared’ from a locked room where it was stored with our gifts over night after the wedding.

I would highly recommend you DO NOT use this venue when deciding on where to have your wedding. The last thing you want as a Bride is to have to deal with all these issue on your wedding day.

Sent on 10/05/2010