Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City Reviews

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City 6
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City 7

melissa · Married on 06/22/2019

Mataya is amazing

We loved working with Mataya. I would recommend her to anyone

Sent on 07/03/2019

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Thank you so much for your review and kind words! I loved working with you and your family as well! - Mataya

Laura Boland · Married on 06/15/2019

The best place for a total package wedding

Wow! The Stoney Creek did an amazing job and was the perfect venue for our wedding day. Mataya the events coordinator went above and beyond to make sure that all of needs were met and the day of went smoothly. The venue is the perfect place for an all inclusive reception, has beautiful spots for photos and the hotel staff is just as amazing. I would book them again in a heartbeat and highly recommend them if you want the total package for your wedding day.

Sent on 06/19/2019
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City 11
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City 12
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City 13

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Thank you so much Laura!! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience. You were a blast to work with! Thanks again for letting us be part of your big day!- Mataya

Katherine · Married on 05/04/2019

The Perfect Wedding Venue!

I highly recommend Stoney Creek as your wedding venue! The event coordinator, Mataya, made the whole experience stress free and was so easy to work with. She always responded to emails quickly and took care of any worries I had. The reception space was perfect for our big wedding. Guests were not crowded at tables and there was more than enough room for everything we wanted to incorporate. My husband and I were able to design the floor layout for the reception, so we had the choice to put tables, Dj, dance floor, and etc. where we wanted! Out of town guests were able to go straight to their rooms after the reception and didn't have to worry about driving to a hotel. If you choose Stoney Creek for your big day, you won't regret it!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation! It was such a pleasure working with you, Stu, and Suzi. I can't wait to see pictures!- Mataya

Dawn Cox · Married on 04/14/2019

Wedding at Stoney Creek

I would like to give a big shout out to all the staff for helping us enjoy a great wedding. We had to make changes at times and Mataya really stepped up to make it all work out smoothly. Management fulfilled all our request in a timely manor without questions and were very anxious to make things perfect for our event. Thank you again for all involved and highly recommend Stoney Creek for future events.
    Dawn Cox

Sent on 05/02/2019

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Thank you so much, Dawn! I had the best time working with you and your family. I hope all is well!- Mataya

Emily Love Events · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing hospitality!

Mataya and her team were fabulous to work with! They went the extra mile with communication and service and the event was flawless under their care!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! I loved working with you and hope to work with you again in the future!- Mataya

Ameena Abdelaziz · Married on 12/23/2018

Amazing in all ways

Stoney creek hotel was amazing! I loved everything about it. The hotel its self was very nice and cozy, the ballroom was very elegant. The staff there was great, they did everything they can to make my night go smoothly.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Thank you Ameena! I had such a great time working with you to make your special day memorable! I wish you and Najm all the best. - Mataya

Desiree · Married on 09/29/2018

Becca provided excellent service to me and my husband during our wedding planning journey. She was very thorough when going through all of the details for our big day. She went above and beyond to ensure our day was absolutely perfect, and it was! Conference manager, Kapena, and his staff were on site for our big day. They made sure everything was how we had imagined it and encouraged us to come speak to them if we needed anything. Kapena and his staff were easily approachable and understanding of our needs for the big day. We could never imagine having our big day anywhere else, and we are so happy we chose Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center Independence to host the best day of our lives! Thank you Becca, Kapena, and Stoney Creek staff!!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! Our team absolutely loved working with you and we are so happy we could be a part of your big day! You and your family are the sweetest and we wish you the very best!

Crystal · Married on 06/09/2018

We had the best reception that as a parent could ask for. They were so easy to work with, they made or experience great. We had so many compliments on the food, and service. They were helpful in every area!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Crystal! I am so glad you had such a great experience with us! I absolutely loved working with you and wish you and your family all the best. - Mataya

Shaynie · Married on 03/23/2018

Our experience at Stoney Creek for our daughter's wedding reception was amazing! Mataya, our coordinator, went above and beyond with any need we had. She responded to questions in emails quickly and ALWAYS cheerfully. The morning we arrived to decorate everything was ready to go. Anything we needed was responded to immediately. The options and what is included with the event is above any other event space we looked into. The ballroom is big enough to hold around 500 so with our attendance of around 225 we had plenty of space. When we arrived from the ceremony everything was ready to go and as promised. The wedding suite was an extra perk that helped when we needed to get ready before going to the church for the ceremony and then for that night after the reception. There are so many things that are included that we didn't find with other event space that helped with cost and time. The hotel is tastefully decorated and in a nice location for people traveling from many different locations. Nothing could have made our experience any better!

Sent on 04/04/2018
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City 14
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City 15
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City 16
    Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City 17

Shaynie,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved having Markie and Keaton's wedding at Stoney Creek and wish them nothing but a lifetime of happiness. Thank you for choosing us to take part in such special day and I'm so glad to hear everything went smoothly!

Sincerely,
    Mataya

Paula · Married on 03/11/2018

Very nice wedding venue, reasonably priced. Very helpful staff. Our out of town guests said the rooms were comfortable, and the location was excellent right off a major interstate.

Sent on 04/04/2018

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Hi Paula! Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that your guests enjoyed their stay. I loved working with you to make Nellie and Jake's wedding so special. Thanks again for choosing Stoney Creek!- Mataya

Gilda · Married on 06/03/2017

Stoney Creek is a beautiful venue and Becca and the entire staff was very helpful with the planning. They made sure everything ran smoothly and the night was perfect.

Sent on 11/23/2017

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Gilda, thank you so much for your review! I am so happy the night of the reception was perfect! It was such a pleasure to work with you during the planning process! -Becca

Emily · Married on 07/16/2016

Stoney Creek was absolutely AMAZING! They were always willing to work with us, and even let us set up for the reception early. All of our friends and family were super impressed with the venue, and our out of town guests loved the hotel rooms as well.

Sent on 01/20/2017

Sheree · Married on 04/23/2016

I am so thankful I choose Stoney Creek Hotel for my wedding ceremony. I also choose them for my rehearsal dinner which was amazing to allow my family and friends antiquated to the ceremony location. The hotel and the ceremony was so beautiful. I am still getting compliments on my location I choose. I would high recommend Stoney Creek Hotel to anyone and everyone!!!!!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Ryan · Married on 12/31/2016

This was a beautiful place to have a reception and the staff was 1st class. I would recommend to any couple planning a wedding reception.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Amanda Martinsen · Married on 06/22/2019

Overall Great Experience

Overall we had a great experience having our wedding and reception at Stoney Creek. Mataya was wonderful to work with. She was very professional and prompt with responding to our many questions. The workers who helped to set up were polite and helpful. Many guests complimented the venue, especially those who stayed at the hotel. Be aware there may be another wedding on the same day at the venue. We did not realize that was a possibility until close to our wedding, so we were caught off guard and a little worried about that, but it ended up not being an issue at all.
    Unfortunately we did receive several complaints about our bar situation. We paid for 3 kinds of wine, 2 kinds of beer (in kegs), and well liquors. The beer and wine were to be distributed at one bar and the liquor at the other. However, they had complete bars set up (with different types of alcohol, wine, and beer) that guests could pay for at each bar. The bartenders did not make it clear to guests they had to pay for it until after giving them the drink. We had a guest ask for Michelob Ultra at the "liquor bar" and they just gave him a bottle and told him to pay for it rather than directing him to the keg of Michelob Ultra at the other bar. It would have been less confusing if we could have just had the alcohol we were paying for.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Hi Amanda! You were wonderful to work with as well! I really appreciate you taking the time to fill out your review and giving future brides your feedback. I will definitely communicate this with our bartenders and conference team to ensure this isn't a problem moving forward. I am glad you enjoyed your experience overall! All my best to you and Will! - Mataya

Suzi Heim · Married on 05/04/2019

Stoney Creek was a wonderful place for our daughter’s wedding reception. Our experience was very pleasant

Stoney Creek was a wonderful place to hold our daughter’s wedding reception. The wedding coordinator, Mataya and the staff were outstanding. Communication was excellent. The staff was very accommodating and fulfilled our requests when setting up the venue.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Suzi! It was so fun working with you to make Katherine and Stu's big day so special!- Mataya

Rose Abdelgawad · Married on 12/23/2018

Daughters wedding reception

Great energy and atmosphere! We knew the moment we walked into the hotel that this was the perfect venue for our event. This was confirmed once we met Mataya, the event coordinator. She really cared about what we wanted and was easy to work with. The location was perfect and they had lots of parking space.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Thank you so much for letting me part of such a special occasion! I hope to work with you again someday!- Mataya

Megan · Married on 05/05/2018

I loved having my wedding reception at Stoney! They had the ballroom ready to go by 8:00 am the day of the wedding and it was beautiful. The outdoor scenery is perfect for wedding photos!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! I loved working with you and Trent to make your day special! I am so happy everything went well and I cannot wait to see your beautiful wedding photos! - Becca

Janice · Married on 09/26/2015

They did a nice job of handling the wants and needs of my Son and DIL. They lived out of the country and arrived in town a week and a half before the Wedding. Everything went very well. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Kansas City's reply:

Thank you for your recommendation Janice!

becky · Married on 10/21/2017

3.4
      3.5
      2.5
      3.5

most of the overall experience was goid. hard to get in touch with or get responses at times. think could be a little more flexible with costs of caterer add ons. might consider getting small amount of ceremony space deco or items.

Sent on 11/17/2017

2.0
      2.5

We fell In love with what Stoney Creek had to offer as far as amenities. The ceremony site is beautiful and the reception area is perfect. It had everything we were looking for in a venue. The downside would be that they do upcharge everything unreasonably.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Jason · Married on 08/11/2017

1.4
      1.0
      1.5

Would not recommend Stoney creek to anyone for their wedding. The planning went great. They go over every detail with you. We were able to get in to the reception room the night before to decorate. But it was locked. No one was around to contact for ANYTHING. we had to bug the night front desk worker to give us the center pieces we were told we could use and to unlock the doors for us. We were told there would be an on-site contact but there wasn’t. During the planning process we were told multiple things that did not happen. We were told an on site contact would be provided for us the night before for the rehearsal. And when we talked to the front desk they had no idea what we were talking about. If we had questions about anything there was no one to answer them. We were told the road in front of the waterfall would be blocked off so we could take pictures. This never happened. We had to dodge cars left and right to take pictures. We were told we would receive a complimentary bottle of champagne for our toast and that didn’t happen. We had to use beer that we purchased. After the outdoor ceremony EVERY DOOR TO THE RECEPTION ROOM WAS LOCKED. We had guests just standing around waiting because no one could get inside. Immediately after the buffet started the workers starting putting food away. The food workers weren’t even there an hour. I tried to go back for a second plate and everything was put away. Overall it was very unprofessional. I was extremely disappointed in this venue. Would not recommend to anyone.

Sent on 11/16/2017