Stonegate Glass Chapel Reviews

3.6

• Cindy
    Cindy Y. Getting married on 10/11/2021

Perfect wedding venue!

Stonegate Glass Chapel is an ideal place to have a destination wedding. You will not find a more beautiful building in a more gorgeous setting anywhere. It is breathtaking—a glass chapel in the middle of the woods—with stone floors and low stone walls. So unique. The backdrop for the ceremony is a vaulted wall of glass windows revealing the woods. Every side of the building is glass as well, so you really feel like you are in the middle of the woods—which of course you are. The venue is stunning. We were planning this wedding from out-of-state and they couldn’t have made it easier for us. I highly recommend the all-inclusive package they offer. It took all the stress out of arranging a wedding—and we did it with only three months from the time of booking to the wedding date! Shaylyn O’Neal is an excellent wedding planner and she walked my daughter through all the decisions she had to make in the first couple of weeks. She was always available to answer questions—and she answered my daughter’s emails with surprising promptness. The all-inclusive package they offer includes everything that makes a normal wedding stressful and a lot of work—but they do the work and you are able to concentrate on enjoying the wedding!! And at a great price!! We couldn’t have been happier. And Shaylyn did all the floral work, centerpieces, and bouquets herself. Beautiful. Top notch. They did all the table set-up and decorations for the reception, so all we had to do was walk into a beautifully decorated reception hall for the dinner after the wedding. I did not add one decoration to either the chapel or the reception hall. It was already perfect. Now about the dinner—they do their own catering, and their smoked brisket is unbelievable! (Do not fail to put that on your menu!) The dinner got rave reviews from the family. We were really happy with everything about this venue. We have nothing but good memories from that beautiful day😊
  • Skye
    Skye W. Married on 10/06/2019

Stonegate was great

Stonegate was fantastic. They worked with us throughout the entire planning process. It made for an absolutely beautiful wedding.
    Judith S. Married on 10/05/2019

Perfect Place for 50th Anniversary Vow Renewal

My husband and I could not have chosen a more perfect place to renew our wedding vows for our 50th Anniversary! Dodi took care of us from start to finish.....arrange a showing for us, drove us back and forth in the golf cart (due to my arthritis), looked up professional photographers for us, extended the offer for us to bring our own music and minister if we so desired, responded quickly back and forth to my endless worrisome emails to her after we had a date set, even was able to give us the time that we requested for our actual renewal. She was a real sweetheart from start to finish, and our renewal went very smoothly as a result. Would highly recommend the glass Stonegate Chapel in Branson as a place to make all your dreams come true!! We returned home with some very beautiful photographs and memories that will be with us forever!
    Barb Married on 09/15/2018
    Dodi with Stonegate Glass Chapel was amazing to work with. She was so accommodating. The grounds were beautiful and the day turned out amazing!! I would highly recommend this location.
    Doug Married on 07/07/2018
    As a caterer, we are always looking for companies that are professional and that are responsive to their brides. Stonegate Glass Chapel is an awesome venue that has those characteristics! Dodi (owner) and her crew constantly strive to be the best and make your day the best!! We encourage you to read through the reviews and to contact Dodi if you ever have questions! We saw one review that said they had reserved the site and not put down a deposit. There's not a company that allows you to reserve the location without a deposit. They also stated that the owners knew they had a great location and charged for it. Believe us, this is one of the best values around. Most of the venues in this area are at least $2000-$4000 higher! Call and verify these things with Dodi and don't believe everything that is said. Hands down this venue is one of the best! Also remember, Dodi bought this company almost 5 years ago and most of the reviews (except 3 I believe) were prior to her owning the chapel. Many, many updates since that time!!!
  • Casey
    Casey W. Married on 12/08/2018

Easy, packaged deal

Dodi at Stonegate was responsive to my calls/emails in a timely manor, kept track of changes to details, and made sure I had thought of everything. The venue itself is beautiful and set up for all in one stop weddings. Guests were driven by golf cart down the walkway to the chapel, and then driven back up the hill by Dodi herself. The gates were opened on time, the hall set the way I requested, and the venue was ready to go! Doug, from Catering Creations is Dodi’s husband and that helps ensure the catering process goes smooth as well. My guests commented on how beautiful the venue was, the location is easy for photographs on site at a variety of angles indoors and outdoors. My one and only complaint is the way it seemed every extra need was an up charge- but this seems to be the theme with any and all wedding vendors. You definitely pay for convenience- but that is why I was able to plan my Branson wedding from 4 hours away in St. Louis. Would choose this venue again.
  • User2264886 2+ years ago
    Stonegate Glass Chapel was a beautiful chapel where we had our wedding. We had our wedding in July, so it was extremely hot but the trees helped! The bride and bridesmaids dressing room is very roomy! I loved it!
  • User1063041 2+ years ago
    The chapel is so beautiful and is perfect if you're looking for a venue you don't have to decorate much. The natural beauty and the way the sunlight comes through the glass walls is amazing. The only downside is a lack of good reception location. We had our reception somewhere totally different.
  • Sheri
    Bride Married on 05/12/2020

Beautiful venue, but service fell short

Communication was a big issue. Shalyn was sometimes rude, unprofessional and blamed others for her lack of communication. Beautiful venue but their decorations are boring and fake flowers in the chapel are dusty and outdated. Food servers lacked proper training and they did not seem to want to be there - or confused about what to do? Their minister did not say what we requested. Advice - ask very detailed questions about everything and be very very clear what your want and do not want - then hope they follow through. They seemed to be in auto mode and overlooked specific request. Overall it was a success and a beautiful ceremony and reception, but the issues could have been avoided. We just felt like they saw us as just another wedding "business as usual".
  • User1548491 2+ years ago
    We used Stonegate Glass Chapel for our ceremony in August. The chapel is just stunning, it really is the most beautiful place to get married in the area. Our photos turned out wonderful with the beautiful backdrop. However, there were some downfalls to using the chapel. The owner is not flexible with rental times, you only have two hours to get in there, get married, and get out...making everything stressful on your day of. I ended up getting everyone dressed at another location before so we would have more time for photos. She also began to complain that we were taking to long with our photos after the ceremony, when we hadn't even hit the two hour mark yet. The one thing that really upset me the most was she showed the chapel to another prospective bride during my ceremony! I really felt that was an invasion of my privacy. On top of all that, the rental is extremely overpriced for what is included. The rehearsal the night before is not included, that was an additional amount, which we paid. She was in attendance at the rehearsal as well, she also rushed us out of there promptly at the end of our hour rental. On top of that she was quite rude to my officiant and my bridal party, shouting instructions to them.
    Bethany Married on 05/27/2018
    The chapel itself is beautiful and the photos will be gorgeous. Unfortunately they know they have a beautiful location and feel they can treat people however they want. I had reserved the location but not put my $1000 deposit because i wanted my mother to look at it when we returned from vacation. While we were on vacation we received a call another couple came in and took the date :( We found another date that would work on a Sunday (our idea) we didn't want to use the reception hall because it was too small, but still had to pay for it. Which is fine I understand reserving the spot (just misleading on price when you look at website). They only had one person working which was overwhelming for her, we had elderly guests having to wait in the heat for the golf cart because she was somewhere we couldn't locate. They didn't check the microphone prior- and of course it did not work! If you are willing to make sure you do everything yourself and willing to put $1000 down without even looking at the place- it is worth it because the chapel is so beautiful. Just do not expect a lot of support from the staff or flexibility. Just know you only have a 5 hour window and there is the possibility something might not work. I will say on a hot day- the place was well air conditioned.
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 10/26/2013
    One thing I love about the chapel is that it is BEAUTIFUL. People wouldn't stop talking about how gorgeous my wedding was, especially the chapel. I personally didn't like dealing with the owner, but I heard they have a new one now, so it should be better.
    I didn't like the tacky decor that was left on the pews and in the front of the chapel, I didn't like that she didn't let me take it all down and decorate it my way.
    I wanted to pay extra and come the night before to decorate, but she was on vacation so I had no choice but to have all that ugly stuff. But the place is gorgeous and nobody noticed, besides me of course.
    Doug Married on 06/02/2018
    Paid in full almost six months in advance, sadly had to cancel in last week. They were able to rent our time slot that day, and refused to issue a refund (minus a deposit) even though they received full payment long before. We had to contact twice as we never heard from their Chaplin he finally called three days prior!

Stonegate Glass Chapel's reply:

The information provided in this review is not completely accurate. First of all, we were not contacted until one week prior to the wedding. No reason for canceling the wedding was given and we do not pry. So many times when small weddings or elopements are cancelled, it is because of a break-up or something like that and it is not our business to ask unless the information is provided. We did not know about this gentleman's health problems until two or three weeks ago, over a month after the wedding was supposed to have taken place. Had we been given the information when they called to cancel, we would have gladly rescheduled this event to an available time. Unfortunately as with almost all wedding venues, when we are notified even 60 days prior to the wedding that a wedding is cancelled, we do not have the opportunity to rebook the wedding. WE DID NOT REBOOK THEIR TIME!! This is the reason we do not give refunds if cancelled in that 60 day prior time period. Again, we would have rescheduled but did not know until too late. If anyone wants further information about this and our policy, please give us a call. We are not difficult people to work with.
  • User1419882 2+ years ago
    Be careful here! When we went to book the venue on our wedding date, Naomi told us that she schedules weddings with an hour in between. We had our wedding scheduled for 5 p.m., so we assumed the next wedding wouldn't happen until 7 p.m. When we called to confirm our time, she informed us that the next wedding was at 6 p.m. and that we had to be off the property at 6. Our wedding went beautifully, but as we were exiting the chapel, a guest from the next wedding stole items from our ceremony, then hurried our guests out. This was at 5:45 p.m., well before our 6 p.m. departure time. I called Naomi to tell her about the problems, but she told me there wasn't anything she could to about it and refused to even call them. If she had stuck to her word about an hour in between ceremonies, we wouldn't have had this problem at all.
  • User1283830 2+ years ago
    Mrs. Tiemeyer was flexible in allowing us to move our wedding date to a week earlier. The problem with that was she was not organized enough to write down the new time and date in the right place in her calander. Which resulted in us getting the Chappel to find no one there and we were locked out. My Brother drove around near by houses and found her to inform her we were waiting. In the mean time all my guest arrived to see me standing outside holding my dress. It was a mess my hair and make up were ruined due to it being almost 90 degrees outside. When she finally arrived 30 minutes after she should have been there she stated in front of myself and all my guests she would refund our money for her mistake. While rushing to get into my dress the owner decided she would not refund our money. I tried to contact the owner on Monday to discuse what happened and was yelled at with her stating "she did not care if my wedding was ruined" and then i was hung up on. Also keep in mind all though all the glass is pretty to look at they also cause major problems for photographers with glares, and the fountains were dirty and not working. I would never recommend using this Chappel as long as the current owner is running it.