Stone House of St. Charles Reviews

13 | Saint Charles, MO

13 Reviews for Stone House of St. Charles

Reesa Vanhooser · Getting married on 07/12/2021

Awesome experience

Wonderful experience for my daughter's New Year's Eve wedding at Stone House of St. Charles! Beautiful setting and atmosphere for a wedding. Kaitlyn choose to be married in a candlelight ceremony in front of the fire place with music provided by a quartet. It was a magical evening, that everyone enjoyed and will remember.
    Ruth was great to work with and replied promptly to all my emails and text messages. We toured the venue and then attended one of the open houses to get a better idea of what Kaitlyn's vision was for her wedding. This allowed us to see the decorations that you are able to use for the wedding. Ruth would even send me pictures of an item she had done or had, when I would sent a text and picture asking if she had something. This was a life saving for us. While we did bring in a few of our own personal decorations, we choose to use many things that were already there.
    When we went to the walk thru, we were at such ease because Ruth had it all together. Shout out to Leah, her daughter, as she made me feel comfortable that they had it all together the day of. And they did!
    Everyone went above and beyond to ensure that Kaitlyn and Hunter's Wedding day was amazing!

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • W

Wells Ling · Getting married on 05/11/2020

A seamless, easy, and amazing experience

I cannot say enough positive things about Ruth/Mike and their venue. At literally 25% of the costs of the other venue we were looking at, you CANNOT do better than Ruth and Stone House. Not only do you get a great venue and day of coordinator in Ruth, you also get a DJ and a treasure trove of items to use on your big day like lanterns and garlands. Using her items vs. buying your own, helps alleviate some of the issues with finding homes for 50 black lanterns later.

The venue itself is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. Its great high ceilings and woodwork will make for a super unique venue that will make your day unforgettable. I cannot tell you how many people have told us how beautiful the venue was afterwards. We had a few special things we wanted to do for our guests like putting hand written name cards out at their seats and play a few jokes on our friends. We had asked volunteers to come help us do all of this, but Ruth and her staff was already on top of it and took care of everything and beyond. Ruth even helped our jokes by writing some Chinese on our seating chart. Ruth was super communicative throughout the entire process, making herself available both via email and texts, never taking longer than 24 hours to respond. We had our ceremony inside and her staff was able to flip the interior in no time, making the transition from ceremony to reception seamless. We literally cannot sing her praises enough. Thanks Ruth for all you did!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Michael Slyman · Married on 12/28/2019

Memories that will last a lifetime!

Ruth and Mike are wonderful! They are very passionate about what they do, and really spend quality time with you to ensure your wedding goes smoothly! They make the experience very pleasant, and the venue will leave you speechless!!!

Sent on 01/09/2020

Jen L · Married on 12/27/2019

Cutshall- Leander Wedding

The Stone House of St. Charles was the perfect place for our daughters wedding! There are so many reasons this is a perfect wedding venue. The main hall and the huge stone fireplace offered the perfect backdrop for the ceremony and then was seamlessly flipped for the reception! The bride house and grooms quarters offered a place for the bridal party to relax and get ready without having to worry about transportation. The whole venue offered picture perfect photo ops! Ruth and Mike also made the planning and day of a breeze. Ruth and Mike are friendly, professional and help alleviate the stress of wedding planning! Stone House is also great in that included is a DJ who can defiantly get a party started! We loved every minute of our daughters wedding! Thanks Stone House of St. Charles.

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 11/03/2019

The Perfect Wedding Day

Ruth and Mike were so helpful. They were very responsive during the planning process. The venue itself is gorgeous and speaks for itself. Our day was picture perfect and everything went incredibly smoothly. Ruth and Mike's team provides many decorations and does all set up and tear down. Our vision was completely realized. My husband and I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor Wilson · Married on 10/19/2019

Unforgettable Venue

Wow, I can’t even describe how happy we are with our choice to book Stone House of St. Charles. The venue is absolutely breathtaking, the owners are accommodating and extremely thoughtful, and the venue includes decorations and the DJ. We received countless compliments about how beautiful the venue was. They book up quickly but are SO worth it! We wouldn’t have changed a thing!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Lise Descoteaux · Married on 09/13/2019

Romance at Stone House of St Charles

Ruth and Mike have created a venue that stands out from other venues! Beautiful setting, decorations were gorgeous, and so many to choose from! My daughters wedding was perfect!
    Venue comes with a DJ who did an excellent job
    The day/evening of your wedding. You walk into elegance and charm. The brides house and groom men’s quarters are welcoming and fun.
    Stone House is easy to get to, right off 94. This magical place will make your event even more enjoyable.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Kayla · Married on 08/03/2019

Book the Stone House!

Every thing on my wedding day went amazingly well thanks to Ruth and Mike at the Stone House! They were very kind, responsive and helped save us money not having to buy a ton of decor they have beautiful stuff and the venue itself is so stunning. If you are on the fence about booking a venue book the Stone House!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Ashley · Married on 08/24/2018

Stone House was AMAZING! I booked before the place was built and it was even more amazing than I could have imagined! Mike and Ruth were very responsive and made the day run very smoothly! With rain in the forecast they helped create a back up plan (ceremony was planned for the pergola) and though the rain cleared the grounds were a little to muddy so we moved the ceremony to the courtyard. It was an absolutely beautiful space (the whole property is stunning) so I was not at all worried. This place is everything in one location and the DJ was included. They ran all of the audio at the ceremony and coordinated with our wedding planner to make the whole day run flawlessly.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Stone House of St. Charles's reply:

Thank you for sharing your special day with us!! We were honored to be a part of it!

Kelsey · Married on 07/21/2018

This venue was more than I could have ever imagined. My bridesmaids and I got ready in the Stone House, we had the ceremony on the patio, and the reception was held inside the Hall. It was so convenient to have our whole day all in one beautiful place. The venue also provided almost all the decorations I used. The only thing we had to purchase were the flowers which saved me a ton of money. Also, the owners Ruth and Mike were AMAZING!! Ruth was there all day helping me with whatever I needed and taking care of anything that came up so I was able to relax and enjoy my day. I cannot talk highly enough about this place and I am so thankful that I was able to have the wedding of my dreams here.

Sent on 07/31/2018

Stone House of St. Charles's reply:

Thank you Kelsey for sharing your beautiful day with us!!! And thank you for all the kind words!!!

Jen · Married on 03/09/2019

Gorgeous venue!

The hall is absolutely breathtaking, and both the Stone House and groom’s quarters were just as great! Mike and Ruth are extremely easy to work with. They helped organize all of our chaos. Brandon was an excellent DJ and kept up with what we all enjoyed. I wouldn’t change anything about this venue or our day!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Stone House of St. Charles's reply:

Thank you Jen! You were a joy to work with too. I will relay your kind words to Brandon “DJ Gee”.
  • Vivian

Vivian · Married on 08/18/2019

Gorgeous Rustic Venue with a Lot of Perks

There are a lot of aspects about this venue to consider when you're making a decision about whether to book it. First, the space itself is amazing. It comes with an entire bridal house, an entire groom's house, a large gorgeous hall, an outdoor pergola area, a large plot of land, and a gigantic parking lot that is free for guests to park in to name a few of the highlights. Having access to the venue starting at 6am until our reception that ended at 9:30pm on the day of our wedding was perfect; we had plenty of time to load/unload our own items at the beginning and end of the day and could take our time getting ready in the houses. The Stone House also offers clients a large variety of decor options to use that is included in the fee for the venue as well as a DJ. The thing I was most impressed by was the way that the crew took all of my own items that I brought in and created my vision without me even being there. I was concerned about not being able to be there and help them place items, but when I finally saw the completed ceremony and reception areas, I was just so pleased with how they made everything come together! The crew also did a great job boxing up all of my things at the end of the day. The sound system, at least on our day, wasn't so great. The mic cut out, people had trouble hearing our vows, and the sound system in the hall is not suited for such a large echoey space. People had a lot of trouble hearing the speeches during the reception, and many times when the DJ would announce something, it was really hard to hear what he was saying. Ruth, one of the two venue owners, does amazing calligraphy for signage and the signs she created for us were beautiful! Ruth also serves as the day of coordinator, and my experience with her varied. Things I really liked about Ruth were that she always responded to my inquiries via text in a timely manner, she took time going over details of my wedding during the final walkthrough without rushing me and let me take time browsing all of her decor options, and she was helpful at times during the wedding day (e.g., finding rose petals for the flower girl, bringing boxes from the bridal house to the hall when I was unable to, etc.) Some things that I wish Ruth did better were better communicate with vendors during the reception (e.g., she should have let catering know that the cake cutting was happening soon so that they could cut the sheet cake on time in the kitchen, etc.), and better communication with clients who are out of town (there was an issue with scheduling my final walk-through, because the scheduling system did not effectively deal with changes in different time zones). There were also several times she confused information. She really does have a lot going on, and I think she may need a better system in place or may need to hire an extra coordinator. But all in all, I liked working with Ruth. The other venue owner Mike was always super kind and smiling, and every interaction with him from start to finish was a pleasant one. He was always happy to help whenever I had an inquiry during my wedding day. Overall, I think the Stone House was an incredible value for 2019 Sunday prices, considering everything you get. That being said, I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay 2020 or 2021 prices with the sound system as is and the inconsistent organization. Based on my own personal experience though, I was ultimately really happy with my decision to book the Stone House of St. Charles.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Samantha · Married on 11/09/2018

3.2
      3.0

Beautiful for photos, frustrating communication

Beautiful venue, but conversing with Ruth grew tiresome and frustrating. She painted a different picture in the beginning than the one we got when it actually came time for the wedding. She started out very knowledgeable and polite and organized, but eventually became sarcastic and unprofessional. We had to repeat ourselves on a regular basis because she didn’t have our file on hand before giving us answers to our questions. Even a month out from the wedding she wouldn’t take the time to look up our information before responding to our emails. Just because our wedding wasn’t that day doesn’t make us unimportant or unworthy of your time. We paid you too and deserve your respect just like the other couples before us. She made us extremely nervous on multiple occasions. Where she previously gave us information on a caterer, she then backtracked many months later and made us think we could no longer use the caterer after they were already approved by her and after we had already paid the caterer. She won’t let you see decorations until last minute either, so prepare to stress over that if you’re an organized person.
    The package itself is a good deal and the setting is lovely. The house was more than spacious, the groomsmen loved the bachelor loft, and the newly built barn has all the perfect touches. I wish the customer service was more on point and wished they had compassion for everything we had going on instead of giving us attitude because we expected them to be knowledgable about each client they take in, and to “treat us like family” as she so lovingly offered in the very first meeting. We were just another paycheck. We didn’t matter. But yeah, the house and barn are good for pictures...

Sent on 11/06/2019

Hi Karen,
    Thanks for saying our place is beautiful. I’m confused as to why you said I was sarcastic and unprofessional though almost one year after your daughters wedding. Why wait such a long time to say such a thing? I keep all my email correspondence with all my brides and grooms and families and I looked back over the 70+ emails that were sent back and forth to you in regards to your daughters wedding and I cannot find one instance where I was unprofessional or rude or sarcastic to you. Sometimes emails can be misunderstood. I could resend copies of all of our correspondence if you would like. You mentioned two specific emails in your review. One stated, “We had to repeat ourselves on a regular basis because she didn’t have our file on hand before giving us answers to our questions. So we often got vague info, or answers that did not fit our scene. Even a month out from the wedding she wouldn’t take the time to look up our information before responding to our emails.”
    In that email you asked me if you could use plastic cups at the bar. I told you that you had to use glassware and then asked you again who your caterer was because I couldn’t remember at that moment in time and I was wondering why you would be asking me that information that late in the game, as all caterers that are approved are given that information as are the brides and grooms in their initial tour, and in their contract. You also stated “Where she previously gave us information on a caterer, she then backtracked many months later and made us think we could no longer use the caterer after they were already approved by her and after we had already paid the caterer.” I never told you that you could not use the caterer you chose. I told you they had not signed our caterers contract and had not sent in their COI. I actually assured you that I had spoken with them and that everything would be ok and that we just needed to get that cleared up. I can resend you copies of that email as well. I tell everyone not to sign a caterers contract or give them a deposit until they have signed our agreement and turned in their insurance information. This is as much to protect you as it is to protect us.
    I tell everyone in the most polite way that I do not have enough hours in the day to personally show every bride my decorations. I told you to send me inspirational photos so I can check everything off your list that I already own. I also have pictures of the decorations on our website and that’s also why we have quarterly open houses so you can come in and see, feel and touch all the decor for yourself. There is no reason for any bride to be stressed out about decorations. You could come out to 4 to 8 open houses and see everything numerous times!
    Mike is sweet and polite to everyone on the golf cart except for drunk rule breakers. If you could explain why you think Mike gave you or anyone else “attitude” I might be able to respond to that accusation. Brandon doesn’t give orders to anyone. He takes orders from brides and grooms, and photographers every night. I have never seen him do his own thing and I don’t remember anything being said at your daughters wedding 11 months ago, but then again I have trouble remembering what I did 11 days ago!
    Your daughter was very sweet. I admit you were an extremely demanding mother of the bride but that’s ok, you are allowed to be that way. It’s your daughters big day! I feel that I responded to every single one of your emails as quickly as I possibly could and was always polite. At any given time I am answering around 250 current brides questions along with their moms and I am continuously giving tours and booking new weddings. I also would like to remind you that I am not a wedding planner. I will always try and help when I can but I only handle the day of coordination.