Stone Chapel at Matt Lane Farm Reviews

3 | Fayetteville, AR

3 Reviews for Stone Chapel at Matt Lane Farm

Haylee · Married on 12/22/2018

Wedding 12/22/18

The Stone Chapel is the most beautiful venue I have ever seen. Having my wedding there was a must. Donna was great to work with, and everything was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Libby · Married on 03/25/2017

4.2

The owners of the Stone Chapel are so considerate and know what they're doing! They are very accommodating and have lots of great ideas and experience and it shows!!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Ginny Apperson · Married on 08/24/2019

1.6
      3.0
      2.0

Very Bad Experience

Stone Chapel is absolutely beautiful. However, I do not recommend choosing this venue for your wedding day. My fiancé and I booked Stone Chapel for our wedding ceremony and reception 7 months prior to our scheduled wedding date. Within 1 week of signing the contact and paying the $2,900 deposit, plus an additional $1,100, we found out that I would have to travel for work more than expected this year and that either my maid of honor or I could be asked to travel out of the country on our scheduled wedding day. I notified Donna at Stone Chapel (venue owner) of our unavoidable need to cancel. She stated that we would not receive any of our $2,900 back if we cancelled. I asked her to reconsider for ethical reasons as no time or resources could have been invested in our wedding during the short amount of time we were within contract. She refused. Within 2 weeks of signing the contract, we officially cancelled and only received $1,100 of the $4,000 that we paid for absolutely nothing. As one of the most sought after venues in Northwest Arkansas, they certainly will have no trouble finding another couple to book our day for their wedding and sadly that couple will also be required to pay another $2,900 deposit. As painful as it was for my fiancé and I to lose such a large amount of money, we felt that it would have been an even bigger mistake to entrust our special day to people of such low morals and character.

Sent on 03/22/2019

Stone Chapel at Matt Lane Farm's reply:

Our contract is on our website and the cancellation policy is very clear. I always stand by the contract because it protects our bride and us, we cannot rent the venue for a for a higher rate and cancel a bride that has already booked, etc. I do not feel like it is ethical for me to give back a deposit for one bride and not another so that is why I always stand by our contract which has the cancellation policy clearly stated.

Your original contracted date and your changed contracted date are both still available at this time for you to use or another date this year or 2020 based on availability.