Stock's Manor Reviews

22 Reviews for Stock's Manor

• Emily

Emily Hull · Married on 11/02/2019

Beautiful venue!

I could not be more happier with choosing Stock's Manor for my wedding venue! Stephen, the owner, was great to work with, and John, who handled pretty much everything, was amazing! John was very responsive to my many questions and extremely accommodating. The venue was absolutely beautiful! We got blessed with a perfect fall day and had the ceremony outside in the stone ruins, which was gorgeous! All of our guests kept saying how beautiful everything was and how amazing the food was. Thank you Stock's for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 12/27/2019

Stock's Manor's reply:

Thank you Emily. Glad you enjoyed everything. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and we wish you many years of happiness.

Kristy · Married on 03/24/2018

Our wedding last week was everything we hoped for and more thanks to Stock's! The venue is beautiful, the staff was attentive and professional. Stephen and John worked with us on our non-traditional ceremony and helped personalize our buffet package, as well as our special request to have a King's Table that seated our immediate family. Plus, the food was AMAZING! The Manor is beautifully maintained and we would 100% recommend it as a reception venue!

Sent on 03/31/2018

Beth · Married on 11/04/2017

Our experience at the Manor was wonderful! John and Stephen were easy to work with and accommodating to our change requests. It is a beautiful venue and we are happy to be able to recommend it!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Ellen · Married on 07/01/2017

My husband and I were married at Stock's Manor on 07/01/17 and it was truly the perfect venue! From the moment we began planning the wedding, Stephen was so extremely helpful and communicative. He worked with us to create a menu that fit our budget and gave us great recommendations on how to best utilize the space. He was very quick to respond to any questions I had about decorations, layouts, etc.

The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. Our ceremony was in the Ruins (outside), the cocktail hour was in the Manor, and the reception was on the Veranda. Stock's Manor staff was absolutely amazing in setting up decorations - I didn't have to touch a thing!

With an outdoor venue, there is always the fear of inclement weather. There was a fierce thunderstorm about 30 minutes before our ceremony was scheduled to start. Our day-of coordinator, Matt, not only kept me calm, but actually dried off all of the seats once the rain stopped - we were still able to have the ceremony outside! It was absolutely beautiful and would not have been possible, if not for the amazing staff at Stock's Manor.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Samantha · Married on 10/22/2016

Stunning venue and wonderful event staff! The helped facilitate our perfect day and I would absolutely recommend Stock's Manor to anyone! The catering through Stock's on 2nd was also phenomenal.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/09/2016

Absolutely beautiful location for your wedding. The location is endless with all the beautiful photo options!!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Krista · Married on 07/02/2016

Wonderful staff, beautiful venue!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Joanna · Married on 10/03/2015

2 words: Absolutely perfect!!!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Kristine · Married on 09/26/2015

Stock’s Manor was the PERFECT location for our wedding reception. John was wonderful to work with and was nothing but helpful and professional. He helped make our reception a dream come true! The food was excellent, and the atmosphere was perfect. Our guests could not stop commenting on how beautiful a place we chose! The catering staff was also fantastic and efficient. We would absolutely recommend Stock’s Manor…we can’t say enough good things about this venue!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Our Wedding Reception at Stock's Manor was absolutely perfect! The entire staff was friendly and professional and the grounds were beautiful! Our guests had a blast due to the flexibility of the site (indoor/outdoor). We would recommend Stock's to anyone!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Stock's Manor was everything we could have dreamed for the wedding! From the beginning John and Steve were very easy to communicate with and very accommodating. They created a very relaxed environment for all of the guests. The food was fantastic along with the staff. The manor look beautiful! We couldn't think of anything we would have changed. Wish I could give them a 10!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Jordan · Married on 12/20/2014

Stephen, KJ and Matt were so wonderful and helped to make our wedding reception out of this world! it was even more amazing than we could ever imagine. The house and reception area combination allow for the most enjoyable time for the bride and groom as well as the guests.

Sent on 12/21/2014

Katie · Married on 07/05/2014

Stock's Manor was the perfect venue for my wedding. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. Our wedding size was 110 and there was plenty of room for everyone to easily move around. The service was fantastic. Everyone made sure it was exactly as we wanted. They are very flexible and allowed us to drop decorations off before the day of the wedding. My husband and I stayed the night at a room at Stock's and it was very nice. They even had a homemade, served breakfast for us the next morning. Everyone at the wedding raved about the location and said how beautiful it was. I highly recommend Stock's Manor as a wedding venue.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Absolutely the perfect (and only setting) for a wedding. The Manor is beautiful and needs minimum decorating. The grounds are gorgeous and made for the most stunning wedding pictures. The staff is professional, friendly and most helpful. The food was delicious and served flawlessly. We couldn't be happier. We definitely had our dream wedding!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Adrienne · Married on 10/05/2013

We had our wedding at Stock's on October 5th and it couldn't have been more beautiful! We worked closely with John Reitz and he is fabulous! He loves what he does and it shines through! The food was amazing (sea bass and flank steak). Many of our guests commented about how it wasn't your typical wedding food and how delish it was. 30 mins before our ceremony, a quick rainstorm blew through. KJ (the owner) gave all of the girls flip flops to wear so their heels wouldn't sink into the grass. Now that is customer service! If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing! Highly recommend Stock's for your special day!

Sent on 11/12/2013
  • User2032924 · 2+ years ago

We recently had our August wedding at Stock's Manor in Mechanicsburg, and it was wonderful. The service was exceptional, and the food was delicious. We heard so many nice comments from our guests about how beautiful the setting is. John was great to work with planning the wedding and they are willing to work with you to customize your big day. The menu was diverse and complimentary tasting made us confident that our guests would love the food on the big day, which of course they did! Would recommend to anyone in the Central PA area looking for a gorgeous outdoor venue!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Marleen · Married on 06/02/2012

Our daughter's recent reception at Stock's Manor was a "deam come true!"

Sent on 06/12/2012

erin · Married on 06/22/2013

The venue is beautiful, and offers a combination of indoor and outdoor space. This allowed our guests to dine outside, but use indoor bathrooms and mingle in the air conditioning if needed. The outdoor space is paved, covered and accessible by a paved driveway (great for grandparents or guests in wheel chairs). It offers the beauty of an outdoor venue without the inconveniences of one.

The charm of the venue sells it, but the service makes the event. The staff and owners had multiple meetings with us to ensure that both the food and decor details of our wedding would be just as we had imagined. Not only was the planning a positive experience, but the execution was flawless as well. Out of the 150 guests at our wedding, not one had a need that went unmet all night. We loved getting the compliments from our guests.

Sent on 07/05/2013

Lyndsey · Married on 05/27/2017

Using Stock's Manor as our ceremony and reception venue was AMAZING! From the ruins to the veranda, everything was stunning. The ceremony location was intimate and the perfect place to say "I do." The reception was top notch and everything we could have envisioned. As for the staff, they could not have been better. They listened to our vision and made it a reality. Throughout the wedding night and even days after the wedding, we are continuing to get compliments about how amazing the venue was.

We would HIGHLY recommend using Stock's Manor as your wedding venue :)

Sent on 05/30/2017

Brooke · Married on 03/12/2016

Stocks manor gave me the fairy tale reception for my wedding! My guests could not stop saying, "this is the best event I've been to". My other vendors always said, "oh my gosh, you're at stock's? they work so well with us!!!!!" And it was true! From my coordinator, to my florist and dj, everyone worked amazing together! And it was all because of KJ Steve and Jon at Stocks. The catering from Stocks on 2nd was to die for. And they met every allergy need known to man (gluten, dairy, nuts, etc). KJ paid special attention to my husband and I on our wedding day, and made sure we had everything we needed. And we then spent our first night in the upstairs room.....ummmmmmmm beautiful!!!!!! The breakfast was just as amazing! Thank yous Stock's for the best day of my life :)

Sent on 03/16/2016

Stock's Manor's reply:

Thank your for your kind comments. We thoroughly enjoyed working with you and wish you many years of happiness!

Sara · Married on 10/19/2013

Had my wedding at stocks last weekend. It was truly like a fairy tale. Amazing and beautiful. Food was great and the service was great. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel special while making sure to stay flexible with just what we wanted. Amazing!!!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Lise · Married on 08/17/2013

John, Matt, KJ and Stephen, really everyone that helped make our wedding happen at Stock's Manor were great to work with. Professional, but not snooty. Friendly and flexible, but willing to throw in advice or suggestions when asked. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Manor. The ceremony space in the barn ruins is absolutely gorgeous. Perfect for an outdoor wedding, because it gives you an enclosed feeling without a roof over your head. Cocktail hour was on the front porch and inside the first floor of the manor, which guests really enjoyed getting to wander inside for some relief from the heat, and to check out our photos displayed throughout the first floor. Our wedding was held right after they finished enclosing the reception area with French doors, which are really gorgeous and would allow for all-season use. Our wedding was in August, so having the French doors open for fresh air was a must. Service was great. Some guests complained about one of the bartenders being pretty rude, but I didn't experience this myself. Staff was VERY helpful in packing up all of our stuff at the end of the night, too (photos, flowers and other table decorations, the chuppah, ketubah, etc.)

As far as I know, everything went off without a hitch, which is the true test of service! My husband and I had an incredible time, and the staff at Stock's really made everything run smoothly for a perfect event.

Sent on 11/05/2013