Still Listening Productions Reviews

74 Reviews for Still Listening Productions

Annemarie B. · Married on 09/10/2020

First class Amazing!

Thank you Michael!
    What an amazing person and musician- Michael took the time to learn a song for me to walk down the aisle too. and his energy and music were infectious and incredible I would recommend him over and over and wish I could get married again just for the dance party!

Sent on 03/02/2020

Still Listening Productions's reply:

Annemarie!!! Thank you so much - what an amazing a fun celebration!!! I absolutely loved being a part of it, and playing Edelweiss as you walked down the aisle was just MAGIC!!! Hope to see you and Nick soon!
  • Tiffany

Tiffany H. · Married on 08/08/2020

Michael Tiernan is AMAZING!

If you hire Michael Tiernan for your wedding (or any event for that matter), prepare to be blown away! He is an incredibly talented musician, amazing DJ and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. We had quite a journey in our wedding planning process (thanks in large part to COVID) and had to pivot to a small, 30-person, outdoor ceremony and reception. Michael was so accessible throughout the planning process, he has a very easy to use online form to put in your song requests, and we were able to do a Zoom call to kick things off. We even got a little acoustic show from him during the video call as we chatted processional songs, so much fun!

For our wedding ceremony he performed beautiful, bring-tears-to-your-eyes, acoustic versions of our chosen processional music (You Make My Dreams – Hall & Oates and Can’t Help Falling in Love - Elvis). He also played incredible acoustic guitar during our cocktail hour. Pretty much every single one of our guests told us how amazing the music was either during or after our wedding. He’s a fantastic MC during the moments you need one (introducing the wedding party and toasts, etc.), and when it comes time for dancing… you won’t find a better DJ! We weren’t sure if people would be up to dance during our August wedding (again b/c COVID) but had a small outdoor dance floor and Michael’s amazing DJ skills had nearly ever guest out on the dance floor.

We could not be happier with our choice to hire Michael for our wedding and if you’re looking for a wedding musician/DJ…stop looking and hire Michael!

Sent on 09/26/2020

Still Listening Productions's reply:

Tiffany and Gio - it was such an honor to celebrate with you - it was a perfect wedding!! Hoping to see you soon:)
    - michael

Anna · Married on 02/22/2020

Absolutely recommend Still Listening Productions

Michael is THE BEST! From the very first song through the end of the reception, the dance floor was packed all night. He did a great job of changing the songs frequently enough that if you didn't like a song, it wasn't long until he mixed it into the next song. We worked with him to share our tastes and favorite songs, and he delivered on every front, including as the MC. He also played live guitar during our cocktail reception, which my husband and I didn't get to listen to, but I heard from our guests was really great. He also worked with us in advance of the wedding to cut our first dance song a bit shorter. We cannot recommend Michael and Still Listening Productions highly enough.

Sent on 05/07/2020

Still Listening Productions's reply:

Anna!!!! Thank you so much!! Your day was absolutely beautiful - I knew the sun was going to come out as you walked down the aisle - such an amazing celebration. Wishing you and JC all the best! Hope to connect next time you're in San Diego:)
  • Laura

Laura L. · Married on 10/06/2019

Michael Tiernan is a fantastic DJ, artist, and passionate about making every wedding detail perfect. From the moment we met him and throughout the entire process, made ever decision so simple. He went above and beyond to change the tempo of our first dance song until it was just the right beat for our needs. We emailed, we video chatted, and when it came to the wedding, I felt at ease knowing that Michael was going to make all of our music unforgettable - he did not disappoint! I would highly recommend Michael for your wedding or special occasion, and I look forward to visiting him in Del Mar this summer at En Fuego!

Sent on 03/10/2020

Kendra · Married on 08/31/2019

Some of our favorite wedding day memories are thanks to Michael

Michael was amazing and truly made our wedding day so special. He is unbelievably talented and so kind and thoughtful. He wrote an acoustic version of our favorite song for our first dance and created a mashup of all of our favorite artists for our reception. The time and attention to detail he put into preparing for our wedding was so appreciated. We are so grateful to Michael!

Sent on 03/23/2020

Still Listening Productions's reply:

Awww Kendra and Alex!! Your wedding was AMAZING!! Thank you so much for trusting me with the music and guiding your loving friends and family through the evening. Perfect for your Bonfire Hearts!!!! (wink, wink...)
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/14/2019

We couldn't have been happier - highly recommend!!

Music is very important to me and my husband and we were having a tough time trying to decide between having live music or a DJ. When we found Still Listening we thought they were too good to be true. Micheal worked closely with us on our song lists and even played a few samples of our top song picks during one of his Wednesday performances in Del Mar. We were SO impressed with his live music, comfortable / not forced emcee work, and DJ-ing skills. All of our guests kept complimenting him, saying how great the music was and asking for referrals.
    We couldn't have been happier - highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/10/2020

Still Listening Productions's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH Stephanie and Clint! Your wedding was absolutely epic!! I loved performing for you guys, esp. that first dance:) Hope to see you both soon!!!
  • Lara

Lara · Married on 05/26/2019

Thank you Michael!!!

Michael is amazing!! He did an incredible job at our wedding in May. He is extremely talented and was so helpful through the planning process as well. He is very easy going and brings such a great energy. We received so many comments from our guests on how perfect the music was. Definitely go with still listening productions for your wedding.

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Lyndsey

Lyndsey · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing Artist

First, I would like to begin by saying that Michael Tiernan is an incredible artist, period. He not only has amazing original music, but he is able to make every song he plays or sings his own by his unique voice and style. He was AMAZING at our wedding last April, and we had many guest ask us about him, and comment about his amazing voice, and good looks :) He is very personable and caters to the crowed, and there was never a dull moment. He was excellent at MCing our wedding reception, and carrying us through the night until our very last song. I would definitely recommend Michael Tiernan for his warm personality, easiness to work with, and of course his beautiful talent.

Sent on 04/09/2020

Robert M. · Married on 03/30/2019

Collin Elliot was amazing.

Collin really worked with us and id an awesome job with our playlist. This company is normally known for their live music but couldn't have asked for more from Collin and his assistant.

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon C. · Married on 11/03/2018

"Here Comes My..." Rave Review of SLP and Michael Tiernan

I’m not sure a glowing review will ever convey just how ecstatic we are or how completely lucky we feel to have had Michael Tiernan from Still Listening Productions as both our Musician and DJ for our wedding, but I’m sure going to try!

I first connected with Still Listening Productions and Michael Tiernan about a year before I was even engaged when I was looking for a Musician/DJ combo for my company’s annual Holiday Party. After seeing him perform for a corporate crowd filled with different ages and tastes, and hearing nothing but positive feedback, we knew that Michael would be perfect for our upcoming wedding. As soon as we booked our venue, Michael was the first vendor we contacted in order to ensure he wasn’t scooped up by anyone else!

Michael was an absolute pleasure to work with! When we had trouble finding a song that we liked for our first dance, he worked with us to create a slower, more first-dance worthy version of Tom Petty’s “Here Comes My Girl”. He sent us recordings that we could use for our dance lessons, and played it live for us at his Acoustic Wednesday’s gig at En Fuego Del Mar (do yourself a favor and grab a Margarita at En Fuego one Wednesday evening when Michael is playing, you won’t regret it!). He also sat down with us to go over any questions that we had before the wedding, and to get an idea of what we were looking for on our big day. This meeting was crucial because Michael helped give our music tastes life in the recommendations that he made for the different portions of the evening. From the acoustic ceremony and cocktail hour, to the DJ’d dance party at the end of the night, everything that Michael sang and played was perfect. Michael’s voice and guitar skills are impeccable, and his ability to read a crowd is superb. Every single person who we’ve talked to after our wedding has specifically complimented Michael’s work at our wedding without us even asking.

If you are considering a completely live, acoustic wedding, a 100% DJ’d wedding, or a combination of the two, look no further than Still Listening Productions and Michael Tiernan. No really, stop looking. I can guarantee you that you will not find anyone who sounds better, who has better customer service, who can read a crowd better, or who will make your wedding feel absolutely perfect. Still Listening Productions and Michael Tiernan are that one in a million find, don’t make the mistake of not booking them for your wedding.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Sarita · Married on 07/28/2018

They are fantastic! Jonny Tarr is simply amazing!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Courtney · Married on 04/28/2018

We can not thank Still Listening and Michael Tiernan enough for making our wedding absolutely perfect. The music was the most important aspect of the evening for us and Michael absolutely delivered above and beyond. We had some unusual requests for our ceremony music and Michael did such an incredible job making it his own and thinking critically and thoughtfully on how it can work for this specific moment. For the reception, he DJ'd and was accompanied by Johnny Tarr on sax. It was such a unique touch and the two of them really brought the party. We received compliments from guests of all ages that the music was amazing. Michael was also a complete pleasure to work with throughout the process from beginning to end and an incredibly nice, sincere, and thoughtful guy. Can not recommend Still Listening and Michael Tiernan enough!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Janette · Married on 03/23/2018

We would highly recommend Still Listening Productions for your event. We hired Josh Bonas to perform at our wedding, and we could not have been happier with our experience! Josh is soooo talented, professional & fun! He is a wonderful musician. His acoustic performance was flawless. When it came to the DJ portion, he encouraged our guests to request songs, and that was really fun for our younger guests. I can't say enough great things about Josh and Still LIstening Productions. I'd give 10 stars if I could! Erik & Janette Vogt

Sent on 03/30/2018

Jeanie · Married on 03/18/2018

After getting a recommendation list from our venue, we weren’t satisfied with a lot of the businesses until we came upon Still listening productions. We absolutely loved the fact that everyone on their team was able to DJ, MC, and also play musical instruments. Every one of their team members are musically gifted!
    Michael Tiernan was available for our wedding day and my wife and I couldn’t have been happier with his professionalism, courteousness, and passion for his love of music which made our experience with him so seamless and extravagant. He was able to perform live during ceremony, cocktail hour, and during our first dance. We also had a special request for one of our relatives to sing while he was playing the guitar which he happily agreed to. He truly worked very hard to ensure that the whole process for my wife and I was worry/stress free and we couldn’t have asked for more.
    My wedding also include both Korean and Persian guests and this was no problem for Michael. He was able to beautifully integrate music from both of our cultures into his DJing.
    Responsiveness - Excellent
    From the time that we booked with him, it was easy to have questions answered via email or phone and all documents he provided were clear and concise.
    Performance - Excellent
    As I mentioned above, his performance throughout the wedding day/night was perfect and seamless. He showed up earlier to the venue to setup multiple areas for his performance which made transitioning between different areas of the venue very seamless. All of our guests love the fact that he was able to play live music as well as DJ.
    Cost - Excellent
    Compared to other companies we were looking at, we feel that the price that we were charged was very fair. Throw in the fact that he was able to play live music, DJ, and incorporate different cultural music into our wedding truly made for an unforgettable day for us.

Thank you!

Sent on 04/01/2018

Erika · Married on 10/21/2017

Still Listening Productions made our wedding magical. I would recommend stopping here and booking Michael Tiernan for your event ASAP (I know I will!). He was so helpful and thoughtful throughout the entire planning process, but delivered above and beyond during our wedding. I honestly don't have the words to describe how wonderful him and his wife are, and how his music (both live and DJ) made our wedding one to remember. Michael has a special talent for knowing the vibe of a room, and how to keep the energy right where it needs to be. He is also extremely genuine, and heartfelt. You can tell he truly pours himself into your event.. not because he is supposed to, but because that's who he is. He played live for our ceremony, cocktail hour, our first dance, and dinner. He went above and beyond to make our first dance song exactly what we wanted, and the dance floor was rocking all night! We had many, many people come up to us during and after to rave about him and his music.

Sent on 02/02/2018

Katie · Married on 06/24/2017

We recommend Michael and his company whole heartedly! Our wedding was literally everything we ever hoped and imagined it could be and the music was a huge part of that!

Michael is extremely talented and having his mix of live music and DJing was absolutely perfect! We also appreciated his willingness to work with us throughout all of the planning and the personal touch he gave to the evening.

Sent on 07/25/2017
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 05/28/2017

Michael Tiernan is outstanding!!! We hired Michael for our 5/28/2017 wedding as our singer/musician/DJ and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. After listening to a few of his samples, we knew we wanted him for our wedding. He is professional, sweet, fun, and an outstanding person. We were having a difficult time choosing the songs for the ceremony and reception, and he sent us various samples and even Facetimed us to help us through the whole process!! On the wedding day, he exceeded all of our expectations and his voice was amazing!! All of our guests absolutely loved him!! Choose Michael... you won't regret it!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Brandon · Married on 05/20/2017

There isn't much else to say... BOOK MICHAEL. Honestly, Michael and the team were a pleasure to work with from the start. Michael played/DJ'd my brothers wedding and did an amazing job, so it was a no brainer for us to book him for our wedding too. We have the pleasure of knowing Michael and Collin from Still Listening Productions, both of whom are amazing performers. I would highly recommend this team to anyone looking for the perfect combo of live music and DJ. Michael went the extra mile and learned an acoustic version of my wife's lullaby that her dad sang her when she was younger, which Michael performed for the father/daughter dance... simply amazing. Thank you Michael and the rest of Still Listening Productions for everything you did to make our wedding a day we won't forget.

~Brandon & Alexis Ross

Sent on 05/26/2017

Jena · Married on 04/22/2017

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! SLP is an awesome business with extremely talented DJs/musicians! We booked Collin Elliott for our wedding day and he was THE BEST!! Not only did he play live guitar during dinner, but he kep the entire event moving seamlessly and people were on the dance floor THE ENTIRE NIGHT! Not only was he an awesome, professional, and personable DJ (with great taste in music) but he was SO thoughtful and surprised my husband and I with a final song (live guitar playing Hey Ho) for us to dance to as we ended the night. He was a DREAM and made our wedding day so special!! Thank you!!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Sk · Married on 03/03/2017

Michael put on an amazing show at our wedding! He provided the perfect combo of live music and DJ services. We had so many compliments from our guests and he really knows how to read the crowd. He was extremely easy to work with and was very quick to respond throughout the process. He truly cares about his clients and caters to their individual requests. I would highly recommend Still Listening Productions and Michael Tiernan for any special event!

Sent on 04/09/2017

Morgan · Married on 02/17/2017

Couldn't be happier with choosing Still Listening! Josh did an amazing job at our wedding playing the entire ceremony and cocktail hour acoustic (with some of our favorite songs) and even learning (and slowing down) our all-time favorite song for our first dance! We had so many guests tell us how awesome that was and it really put a beautiful and personal touch on a song that we already love so much. We recommend without hesitation! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Still Listening Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Morgan!! We're so pleased you loved Josh - we're lucky to have him on our team, and we heard so many great things about your wedding. Congrats to you and Tim and we hope to see you around at a show soon:)
    Sincerely,
    Michael and Tracy Tiernan
    Still Listening Productions

Alijah · Married on 10/15/2016

My clients just had a wedding last weekend and it was absolutely amazing!! Michael did an awesome job and guests loved his music and his live performances. It definitely made for a special ceremony:) He truly knows how to get the crowd on the dance floor!! I hope we can work with each other in the near future!!! You guys rock!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/08/2016

We were fortunate enough to work with Michael for our wedding on 10/08/16. He played acoustically for the ceremony/cocktail hour and DJ'd for the reception. He also sang the first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son dance live. He had never sung the song we had picked for our first dance and sent us a sample prior to the wedding - we were blown away, it was better than the original!

Michael was so easy to work with - by the time we connected with him a few weeks prior to the wedding, my fiance and I were ready to be done with wedding planning and had hardly picked out any songs. After getting a feel for our taste in music, he made spot on recommendations.

I have to agree with the other reviews, that he was super involved in the reception process - and made the whole evening flow perfectly.

Do not hesitate to work with Michael and Still Listening Productions for your wedding/event, I promise you will not regret it! All night people kept coming up to us telling us how great he was and when we talk to people about our wedding the one thing everyone mentions is how great the music was. Thank you Michael for making our day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2016

Choosing Michael Tiernan for our wedding music was the best decision we made! He made the planning process easy and fun with his friendly personality and easy going demeanor (not to mention his incredible musical talents!) On our wedding day, he played a combination of live and recorded music just like we requested. His live songs for our recessional, first dance, father/mother dances, etc. were exceptional and the personal touch he added made them truly unforgettable. Also, his DJing at our reception was top notch - we loved the music he played! Michael had moms, dads, and all of our friends on the dance floor all night long. Our guests are still raving about the music at our wedding. Thank you, Michael, for making our wedding day incredibly special and memorable!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Laura · Married on 09/03/2016

We were lucky to have Josh Bonas for our wedding and reception! He played acoustic guitar for our ceremony, played live for the cocktail hour, did an special acoustic guitar version of The best is Yet to Come for our first dance and then DJ for the rest of the night. He was awesome! He listened to what we wanted and requested and then filled in whatever was needed in between seamlessly. I was quite emotional coming down the aisle - but Josh's music calmed me down and made me feel happy!

Sent on 09/12/2016