Stick Boy Bread Company Reviews

15 | Fuquay Varina, NC

15 Reviews for Stick Boy Bread Company

Dia · Married on 05/26/2017

You may know that Stick Boy does tasty pastries and coffee drinks, but did you know they also do wedding cakes? Maryanne really knocked it out of the park for our wedding cake, so don't discount them just because you don't live in Fuquay. When we drove down for a tasting, we were able to try four flavors including one we made up. The wedding cake brochure on the Stick Boy Fuquay website does NOT have all the wonderful, beyond delicious flavors that Maryanne can whip up for your special day, so be sure to email her for the full list. She can also do custom flavors!

We settled on London Fog and Butterbeer (for the geeky side of us) at the tasting and she sketched a design in pen right then based on the wedding invitation we left with her. We had emailed her a few cakes we liked the look of, then she expertly matched the colors in the invitation and the moody, dramatic feel it had with the watercolor cake style we liked. Our cake was stunning and perfect! I probably shouldn't admit this, but the cake was still delicious, moist and very edible two weeks after the wedding. I don't know how it would freeze because it's all gone!

Stick Boy delivered our cakes, including a birthday cake for one of our guests, to Raleigh, and all we had to do was bring the cake stand back to Fuquay. I appreciated being able to rent the cake stand from them as it was one less thing to worry about. I've now had two birthday cakes (mine was a custom flavor) and one wedding cake from Stick Boy. All were moist, flavorful and received compliments. We'll definitely be repeat customers.

Sent on 06/12/2017

Stick Boy Bread Company's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Dia! You and Joe were such a pleasure to serve! Best wishes! -Maryanne

Melissa · Married on 10/29/2016

Stick Boy is much more than your local bakery. While it retains all of the important aspects of a local staple (i.e. friendly and local staff, small town/small business mentality, local products, and fresh baked goods) they can still pull out all the stops for a top notch elegant wedding cake.

We first came across Stick Boy while attending school in Boone, NC and were overjoyed to find one located close to us in Fuquay-Varina once we moved back to Raleigh. We sampled and visited multiple bakeries but without a doubt Stick Boy provided not only the best tasting cake, and the best value but also the best customer service.

The lady we met with when we went in for our tasting is the same lady that does the baking and decorating. She could tell our uneasiness surrounding the initial flavors we tested and as such she insisted on going to the back to mix us up a different flavor (based on our input) that to say the least was a huge hit.

We received a three tier cake for between 70-90 people.
    Bottom Tier - Chocolate Chip with Amaretto Frosting
    Middle Tier - Vanilla Cake with Salted Caramel Frosting
    Top Tear - Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Frosting

We had rave reviews all throughout the wedding night and afterwards that everyone loved the cake and was able to find a flavor to enjoy. To top it all off; Stick Boy provides a free personal cake for two on your One Year Anniversary matching a flavor from your wedding cake. That perk was just icing on the cake.

Sent on 11/27/2016
  • LeannWebb

Leann · Married on 09/17/2016

We ordered our wedding cake from Brandon at the Boone, NC location and we could not be more happy with how it turned out! Brandon helped us decide on flavors and a design that perfectly reflected our personalities and the style of the wedding (we chose an almond cake with espresso buttercream). It was absolutely amazing! The best wedding cake I have ever eaten. Brandon was very helpful and responsive to our emails and phone calls and was always professional. We had flowers at the venue for him to decorate the cake with once he arrived and I was completely stunned with how beautiful it was!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Rosalie · Married on 07/01/2016

When my husband and I started planning our wedding, there was no doubt that we would have Stick Boy make our cake. Even though our venue included a cake (from another bakery) as part of our package. We have been loyal Stick Boy customers for years and love all of their breads, scones, cookies and cakes. Our biggest problem was deciding which flavor to go with because they are all so good! Maryanne was a pleasure to work with. She let us bring my in-laws to the tasting and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I didn't go there with pictures from a magazine or a Pinterest board, I just told her my color scheme and the fresh flowers that I wanted. Maryanne offered up some wonderful suggestions and even provided a computer sketch for us, so we could see how the finished product would look. She let us pick two different flavors, so one tier was white chocolate cake with raspberry filling and the other two tiers were chocolate cake with a peanut butter mousse filling. It turned out beautiful and equally delicious!!! Our guests raved about it and loved that they had a choice of flavors. We will always have Stick Boy do our cakes for any special occasion.

Sent on 07/21/2016

Jessica · Married on 03/13/2016

When we got engaged, Stick Boy was at the top of my list for cake bakers. And I'm so glad we chose them. Their cake and fillings were delicious, everybody loved it. And they got our design perfectly. We had a chocolate cake with espresso filling, but the chocolate didn't show through the buttercream frosting, so we had perfectly white cake. The value was incredible as well; I couldn't find a better price anywhere. Aside from the cake itself being amazing, Stick Boy took the hassle out of saving our top layer, and gave us the option to come back on our anniversary for a freshly baked cake.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Cake turned out even more amazing than we expected. When we were announced as a married couple during the reception everyone was looking at us and we were looking at the cake in amazement. We have also receive many comments on the look and taste of the cake by guests.

Sent on 09/06/2015

Brandon was exceptional to work with and created incredible wedding cakes for our wedding day! Great value for the money as well.

Sent on 06/08/2015
  • Tanya

Tanya · Married on 09/20/2014

Brandon was very friendly and professional during our original meeting, as well as throughout the entire process. Our wedding cake looked amazing and was delivered on time. We received many compliments from our guests on the look and taste of our cake. I liked the fact that the cake wasn't too sweet. We had our initials engraved on the cake. Overall, we were very happy with the cake. We will definitely contact Brandon Kop from Stick Boy Bread again if we need another cake!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Great to work with, and everything was easy. A lot of cake for the price. However, I didn't like how it tasted! Other people say they liked it, but we love cake and didn't even finish our pieces because we didn't like it. Also, had hoped for more WOW factor in the cake design, but they are professional and easy to work with. Even coordinated with my florist/venue so I didn't have to do it.

Sent on 12/09/2014

The wedding cake was both beautiful and delicious! The price was reasonable and the staff was very helpful and gave us exactly what we wanted! They delivered to our reception site in Durham.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Melissa · Married on 09/28/2013

Everyone LOVED our wedding cake from Stick Boy Bread Company, even my new husband who isn't a huge fan of cake to start with! The bakery made our 3-tiered, vanilla buttercream, vanilla cake, with cream cheese frosting filling just the way we had asked based on pictures and drawings we'd brought in. They managed to frost the outside of the cake sooo smoothly that some guests thought it was fondant! It was beautiful!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2012

Absolutely delicious and beautiful. The cake was perfect and was very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend Stick Boy

Sent on 06/20/2012

Ashley · Married on 09/17/2016

The cake tasted amazing! We got a lot of compliments on how good it was. Maryanne was very responsive to all my e-mails. My only complaint is it was supposed to be white with a shimmer over it but it had some silver on it instead. It still looked great but I was surprised when I saw it

Sent on 10/11/2016

Megan · Married on 06/13/2015

Got right down to business and came up with a cake design that was exactly what I wanted. Although, I did have some designs planned in pink icing that ended up just being white when it was delivered. But it was still absolutely gorgeous, lots of people raved about how delicious it was and I would absolutely recommend them!!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Daniel · Married on 06/16/2013

We were very pleased with our cake from Stick Boy. The decoration showed no flaws and it tasted great. The price was totally fair and we feel we got an incredible value. Our baker was nice and he ensured that our cake was on time. The only reason for 4 stars on professionalism is that the showroom for picking out cakes is small so I'm really just being overly critical here. Our baker provided us with all of the cake and frosting samples that we wanted. We froze our top tier and ate it a year later. It still tasted great! We always visit this bakery while in Boone. It is such a fun atmosphere. I recommend Stick Boy without any reservations.

Sent on 03/12/2015