Steven Mitchell JP Reviews

14 | Simsbury, CT

14 Reviews for Steven Mitchell JP

Jordan · Married on 11/11/2017

Steven was incredible! He is funny, and very easy to get along with. He worked with us and was very accommodating!! Would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Robbie · Married on 10/22/2017

Steven Mitchell handled our Wedding in the most delightful, unique & most expedient way we could've ever imagined. As there were many traditional as well as non traditional features we wanted to incorporate, we found Steven Mitchell to be our JP of choice considering his experience and intuitive expertise. Our guests had a great time and we were left with memorable moments we will forever treasure!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Amanda · Married on 04/17/2016

Steven was great to work with for our wedding in 2016. He always made himself available to me and my husband leading up to our wedding day and he was incredibly professional and flexible with our needs. Our guests are still raving about our ceremony. They loved Steven and how well he shared our story. We would highly recommend him to others!

Sent on 01/28/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/26/2012

Steven was great! It was so nice having someone with such a great personality preform our ceremony.

Sent on 05/31/2012

krista · Married on 06/10/2011

Great guy! I got married in simsbury and he lives in simsbury so i had no stress about him being there on time or anything! Everytime i spoke with him he calmed me down about all the wedding gitters! He has a great sense of humor and everyone LOVED HIM!!!!!

Sent on 11/15/2011

Laura · Married on 04/02/2011

Justice Steven Mitchell is who we hired to do our wedding on April 2nd, 2011 and he was great. He was very accommodating and gave us a very pleasant ceremony. Everything about his services were excellent. The way he conducted the ceremony was absolutely perfect and we couldn't have asked for a better job.

Sent on 04/21/2011

Kimberly · Married on 08/21/2010

JP Steven Mitchell....amazing character, gave life to our wedding and kept our guests attentive during the ceremony. Very photogenic, great voice (didnt need a mic for our outdoor wedding), kept our ceremony short just as planned. He added a refreshing flair to our ceremony with his new IPAD and matching bow tie. We highly recommend Steven Mitchell for JP.

Sent on 09/13/2010

Sarah · Married on 05/29/2010

I am very surprised to see that Steven only has two reviews on here. He was hands down the best vendor that I worked with throughout my wedding and would and will reccommend him to anyone in a heartbeat. I met him at a bridal show and immediately knew I wanted him as our JP. He is extremely accomodating, and more than able to create the personalized ceremony you are looking to have. He kept ours short and simple exactly how we wanted it. All our guests were pleased with the length as well as quality of the ceremony :)

Sent on 11/03/2010

Katherine · Married on 06/16/2007

Steven Mitchell did an incredible job as the Justice of the Peace for our wedding. He met with us to discuss what we wanted, gave us advice on writing our vows. He provided us with a warm, friendly, and memory filled ceremony that truly made our special moment that much more special. And in the event of something happening day of, he had a back-up JOP so that there is no chance of us not being able to be married due to an emergency in his life. That alone was a huge weight lifted off our shoulders.

Sent on 03/03/2008

Sarah · Married on 06/11/2011

Steven was great. We wanted someone more light hearted like ourselves since we don't take life too seriously. He actaully performed one of our friend's ceremony and we knew he would be good for what we were looking for. Short, sweet, and funny. When the day came around the weather was looking a little iffy so my husband asked if he could do it in under 10 minutes, which he did :) We made it in right before it started to rain. I love the fact that he uses an iPad too!

Sent on 09/23/2011

Dan · Married on 09/28/2014

Steven was great, on time. And we wanted a very easy going service and he provided that and more. Very pleasant and funny person, and makes you happy and smile thru the service. Thanks, Steve. Dan and Deb Alkas.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Carmen · Married on 07/23/2011

3.0

Steven was one of the most personable and seemingly flexible JPs we interviewed through several bridal shows and phone conversations. When we first met him it was great to meet someone who might not only be able to speak to our guests in a lightly comedic and yet educated way, but also someone who would work with our themed wedding that was very unique. Quality was a 4 because I also felt as if the ceremony vows (which I had emailed the final copy to him) were unpracticed at our rehearsal, but he did allow us the flexibility to write our own and add in anything we wanted. He was organized and had everything on his IPad so he wasn't fumbling through papers, but I felt like he was more willing to "sell" ideas to us before he had our money. Originally we wanted him to dress up in a certain way for our theme wedding and when I brought it up at our meeting when the deposit was due, his original response of, "sure whatever you want" became a, " I have something that is similar but more of a JP outfit." I was a little disappointed by that. And he happened to be out of the country when I contacted him a month before the wedding so he didn't get back to me for a bit, which is hard on a jittery-over-prepared bride. For the price we paid, I don't feel the value was the best, but we are married, the certificate was in the mail in a timely mannor, and it was pretty much what we wanted.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Tim · Married on 11/27/2008

1.5
      3.5
      1.5

Steven Mitchell was 45 minutes late for our initial consultation. As I waited for him, there was no call from him to let me know there would be a delay, nor did he answer my calls and messages. His staff at his car dealership finally contacted him at my urging, and then told me he would be late. He finally arrived, blaming delays on traffic.
    I gave him three stars for flexibility for being willing to do the creremony on Thanksgiving day. But on the day of the wedding, he was 35 minutes late! Claimed " traffic" was bad. None of the others in attendance experienced any delays that morning, many of whom were from out of state! He did not even have the courtesy to call ahead to inform us of his delayed arrival time. I had to call his cell and leave messages inquiring to his eta for him to finally call back. His promise of five more minutes was more like 15 to 20!
    Even though I emailed the text of the ceremony and vows days in advance, he stumbled through the ceremony as if he were reading it for the first time.
    In our opinion, he was unprofessional and unprepared on our special day. His tardiness set an uncomfortable mood, and his attempt at charming his way through the ceremony did not quite pan out.
    His rates were above average with the other JP's I spoke with. I don't believe it was worth it. I will admit he did get the license into the town right away for me.
    Maybe this is not typical of his performance, but this is the experience I had.

Sent on 02/23/2011

Lucia · Married on 06/16/2012

1.6
      0.0
      0.0

Steven was scheduled to marry us on 6/16/12. We met with him at a coffee shop prior to the wedding to go over details and he was very scattered. We had to repeat our names, dates, etc multiple times. the day before the wedding I called him to confirm the location because we had a plan B in case of bad weather, he then subtly informed me that he was going to be 'a little' late because he had booked himself for another wedding in another town just prior to mine. The reason why i originally hire him was because my wedding was in Simsbury so just like 'Krista' mentioned before, i didn't want to be stressed out about him being late or lost or something. The reception was promptly starting as soon as the ceremony ended so I could not delay it because my JOP decided to be greedy and take another $400 plus from another couple 15 miles away. When i asked about it, he just told me to relax and that no one was going to be there on time anyway! Obviously all my guests arrived promptly expecting a ceremony to start at the scheduled time. The only good thing he did for me was find me another JOP to perform the marriage. The morning of the wedding, I had my 'consultation' with this woman on my way to getting my hair done. It was a nightmare having to deal with this THE DAY of my wedding.

Sent on 03/28/2013