Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection Reviews

587 Reviews for Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection

• Cristine

Cristine Wisniewski · Married on 10/03/2020

Top notch experience

Steve Moody was wonderful! He is very informative and keeps up communication between the bride and the groom all evening to keep things running smoothly! Everyone was out on the dance floor all night having a blast! I couldn’t of asked for a better evening! Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/05/2020

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

What an Incredible Day!!!!!! Thank you so much for leaving kind words for us Chrissy. Zack and I had such a great time with you guys.

Looking back...it really could not have been more perfect...from the weather to the food, to the fun and memories. In my own mind....Your grand entrance will be one of my absolute favorites for a long time to come. So glad that Doug didn't end up with a Black Eye!!!!! P.S. We loved the "party table" that was placed closest to our dj booth. Those folks knew how to have a great time. They sang every song all night long! All the best! - STEVE

Bryan Borowski · Married on 09/20/2020

Best DJ/Officiant

Simply stated: Steve was the best. For anyone planning a wedding, especially in these uncertain times, Steve Moody was a constant.

Steve Moody served as both our Officiant and DJ for a wedding. From the beginning stages of our wedding planning, throughout all of the constant pandemic updates/changes, and finally, to our wedding day, Steve was there for us. If we had to make changes due to restrictions, etc., Steve was willing to make adjustments.

Not only were we able to communicate with Steve via phone and email (and his responses were always timely), but about a week prior to the event, Steve did a thorough walkthrough with us at our venue. This allowed for Steve to get to know us on a more personal level.

Steve Moody's website is very easy to navigate, and his wedding planning form is perfect for anyone planning a wedding. Steve allows you access to this form at the onset of working with him. This forms provides him with the layout and schedule for the entire day. The form breaks down what songs you want to hear all throughout the day, whom is giving a speech, and even asks questions about yourself (likes, dislikes, etc.), amongst others. With the stresses of planning a wedding, completing this form and working with Steve made the process very simple and enjoyable.

Lastly, Steve is just a joy to work with. He was very well-known and respected at our venue (The Chesapeake Bay Beach Club), and everyone had something kind to say about him. The man has a heart of gold, and was willing to do just about anything for us throughout this process.

If we could give him 6 stars, we would.

Bryan,
    Thing #1......OMGosh...Thank you So much. It about made my morning to read this. I truly LOVE what I do....and it makes me so happy that it comes across that way. Truly, your wedding day could not have been any better...from the weather, to the excitement of your guests, the food, the fun....you name it!

Over the years we have really come to love the staff at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club.... So thankful to hear that they feel the same way. It's a great team of folks there.

Thing #2....Your wedding day seemed to be over in the blink of an eye, as I think that I had just about as much fun as your guests. We have all been locked up for so long with all of this Covid mess that it was just wonderful to be out with real live people...see smiles, hear laughter and see people happy.

Can not thank you enough for your kind words and for allowing me to be a part of your special day. The feeling is totally mutual. Wishing you both all the best as you start this new journey together! - STEVE
  • Kara

kara · Married on 09/18/2020

The Unsung Hero of Our Special Day

Steve Moody was the ABSOLUTE BEST DECISION we could have made for our special day, he truly is the unsung hero of your special day. He controls the flow of your wedding, and communicates with you throughout the day. I had so many people tell me how great our DJ was.

Steve is truly a professional, and you can tell he LOVES his job, and CARES about your day being perfect. And this is why he has so many 5-star reviews. His passion for his job makes all the difference. I unfortunately can't say that about all venues/vendors. Fortunately, however, with Steve, you can relax and enjoy your day, he takes care of everything. He is the perfect emcee for your big day. He is professional and classy, but also makes it fun. He ensures everything stays on track, and makes all the necessary announcements, all while reading the crowd to play the perfect tunes.

Steve will meet your expectations with what you envision for your wedding day. His role in our wedding was absolutely FLAWLESS/PERFECT. Steve and his wife Lori went above and beyond to prepare for our wedding with the COVID madness. When I was stressed over covid, which called for some adjustments on my wedding day, I didn't call my coordinator, I called Steve! I promise you he is the one running the show, and making your day special. He played all of the tunes we liked, and then some, and had the crowd (of all ages) dancing with flawless transitions from song to song. He is the most reasonably priced and pure quality. I researched many other DJs who were into heavily remixing songs, which doesn't suit all audiences, and were too overtop as far as emcee style. Steve makes sure the day is about the bride & groom, and doesn't overpower.

Steve is like Tiffany's jewelry, classy, timeless, and never goes out of style. You can't go wrong hiring his team.
    *Photos taken by laurenmyersphotography.

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

KARA!!!!!!!!!! You are now officially my new spokesperson! LOL Wow! I had sooooo much fun with you guys. What comes across as work in coordination and performance... is actually something that I enjoy with all my heart.

That's the bottom line. I love to see folks happy and having a great time. Anything that I can do to help make that happen, is just the icing on the cake.

I knew from our very first phone call that we were going to have an amazing time together... and am so happy that everything went as smoothly as it did due to the extra hurdles with planning the wedding during Covid. Though restrictions, lockdowns and sickness were on everyone's minds during the planning process ....the day of the wedding was just perfect! When your guests left that night...all of that was the furthest from their mind. All they knew was that they had the chance to see a beautiful ceremony, visit with family and friends, enjoy an outstanding meal....and then party like crazy! So many people kept saying that they had never been to a wedding quite like yours. PERFECTION!

Thank you both again! - STEVE
  • Chris

Chris Sokolis · Married on 09/12/2020

Amazing DJ

My wife met Steve at a Bridal Convention and knew right away that he should be the DJ for our wedding. When we first spoke, he was so energetic and you could really tell that he had a passion for this. When COVID struck, we were very concerned about how we would move forward with our wedding and reception. When we booked with Steve Moody over a year ago, we had no idea that a pandemic would hit, potentially causing us to postpone our wedding, but Steve was always positive. Steve took the time to call and ease our mind on how things would proceed and we were grateful for that. Using his Planning Form, we were able to provide him with the information needed to make sure our music was what we wanted, while also giving him an idea on what we liked so he could keep the night going. Steve took the extra step of customizing our first dance songs and recording our vows and toasts. With Steve, we were able to relax and enjoy celebrating with our guests! We would highly recommend Steve for any couple looking to have an amazing night.

Sent on 10/04/2020

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

Chris, I can not thank you enough for your kindness. It has been one crazy year. 2020 will be remembered for a long time to come. I'm so thankful that we were actually able to make all of this happen with you guys.

You and Rachel were just amazing to work with. I do remember speaking with Rachel and her mom at that Bridal Show and how excited they were....which makes me even more happy that everything ended up working out so perfectly. I had just had a terrible car accident in spring of 2019 and was in a leg brace and walking with crutches. I had promised them that I would be on the mend by your wedding day if they hired me. LOL

We had several folks come up and get business cards during the night so hopefully we will see you again at one of your friend's weddings. Wishing you guys all of the best! You have made it through planning a wedding in 2020...it's all easy flying from here! - STEVE
  • Emily

Emily Hawse · Married on 08/29/2020

Best DJ in Town!

Stave & his team were tremendously easy to work with for my wedding in August 2020. Being a COVID bride is stressful enough, so having a vendor you know you can relay on is a must! Their electronic form with our preferences was easy to complete - they did a prep call a few weeks in advanced and reviewed EVERY detail you can imagine. Overall, their support put me at ease. The team MCed my entire outdoor ceremony and then continued the party inside for our reception. Everyone at the wedding was on the dance floor following dinner, and Steve's team kept the top hits flowing!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND 10/10

Sent on 09/18/2020

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

You guys ROCK! Thank so much Emily. We have done quite a few weddings at the Wylder Hotel...and they are always amazing. Very special place! All of us were keeping our fingers crossed as rules and regulations constantly changed leading up to your wedding day. Beyond happy that everything was able to come together so perfectly. Robbie and I spoke afterward, in great detail, about how awesome your wedding day was. He had such a great time with you all.

All of our 2020 couples have had more stress on them than anyone can imagine...and we are so proud that we were able to help make your day everything that you dreamed of. Excited for this next chapter for you guys! - STEVE
  • Morgan

Morgan Ahne · Married on 08/28/2020

Amazing, fun, above and beyond, highly recommend Steve Moody!

We had our wedding during COVID and we weren’t sure what to expect. Steve helped us tremendously by providing extra equipment to accommodate the changes due to COVID, he was very flexible, and super helpful. He got the party started and kept everyone dancing the whole night! Everyone is still talking about how much fun they had... we all had a blast and felt SAFE at the same time. We can’t thank Steve enough for all his help with making our dream wedding come true even through a pandemic. He truly went above and beyond.

Mandy Parks · Married on 08/08/2020

Professional

This vendor was really easy to work with. Very professional.

Sent on 08/18/2020

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

Thanks so much Mandy! I know that Matt really enjoyed spending the day with all of you. He told me that you paid to have him stay an additional 3 hours!!!!! WOW! I am so glad that you guys had such a great time. I had a feeling that he would be the perfect fit for you. - Steve

Megan Reed · Married on 08/08/2020

Outstanding Service

When Covid struck, we were all very concerned about how we would move forward with our wedding and reception and how that would look. We were worried that we would not have the wedding/reception envisioned. Working with Steve, it was obvious that we had nothing to worry about! Him and his team handled any and all guidelines that needed to be followed seamlessly. We were able to relax and enjoy celebrating with our guests! When we booked with Steve Moody a year ago, we had no idea that anything like this would happen. We are so glad that we did! Him and his team are AMAZING!

Sent on 08/20/2020

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

Megan, Thank you so much for taking the time to write. WOW what a great day! I know that things were slightly different than you originally planned...but everyone in attendance had a fantastic time!

We've spent a ton of time, on our end, putting policies and protocols in place behind the scenes to help out as much as we can during all of this. Covid has made things "tricky" but still manageable and still a fun time for everyone in attendance.

Loved watching you and your dad during your special dance!!!!

Julie Macdonald · Married on 08/01/2020

Incredible

Steve makes the entire planning process easy and personal. Day of, you have nothing to worry about. He gets people relaxed and dancing and puts all the guests at ease. Planning a wedding during a pandemic was far from easy, but Steve and Lori were there through every step of the way. I recommend him to all my friends and family. I can say without a doubt that our wedding was what it was because of Steve!

Sent on 08/10/2020

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

Julie, we can not thank you enough. Very few of our couples in Summer 2020 made the effort to march forward through all of this Covid mess. Everyone from our team that worked on your wedding day was so happy to see you guys finally get married. We all LOVE what we do...but when we see the results in your smiles, laughter, and memories that you create, it's like being awarded a huge bonus. So excited for you both!

Jessica O'Toole · Married on 07/10/2020

DJ Steve Moody is the best!

We had friends that had Steve DJ their wedding and when we got engaged we asked if it would be okay to use him too because he is fantastic! Steve sure everything ran smoothly and with all the chaos COVID brought he rolled with the punches! I was so happy with our wedding and we can’t thank Steve enough! I got so many compliments on the music and any random song I requested he found! Good have been more happy!

Sent on 08/04/2020

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

We made it through Covid girl!!!!!! Yeee Haaa! I felt like I was holding my breath for the longest time for you guys. I knew in my heart that it was all going to work out...but just worried about all of those executive orders that kept coming out in the weeks leading up. Had such a great time with you all, and very happy to hear that your guests told you how much fun they had. Hope to see you all again at a friends wedding in the future...as we had several folks ask for business cards during the night. All the best! - STEVE
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie White · Married on 05/23/2020

Excited to work with Steve!

My future husband's brother used Steve Moody for his wedding in September 2017 and it was awesome! So we decided to chat with him to see if he would be a fit for our upcoming May 2020 wedding. The second we starting talking with him we knew. He was super down to earth and really interested in what we want for our special day. Highly recommend that everyone check his company out and chat with him!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Stuart Caton · Married on 03/07/2020

Don't Go Anywhere Else - Steve Moody is a Pro.

As Father of the Bride I wanted a wonderful wedding event for my daughters big day. Steve Moody had a plethora of helpful hints about how to make the most out of event. His guidance was exceedingly helpful. He was on time, professional and always listened carefully to our specific requests about atmosphere and selections and implemented them with great care. He got our event started well and kept it moving with no dead time. He is a master of reading the crowd and the moment.
    He is a pro. Best of all the guests and wedding party commented that he really made our event exceptionally fun and memorable. I cannot recommend Steve and his team more highly. I would work with him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/31/2020

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

Thanks so much Mr. Caton! What a great day all the way around. I think Nick and Rachel didn't stop smiling from the time I first saw them...all the way until the end of the night. Your family knows how to party! Wow.
  • Lindsay

Lindsay McClain · Married on 02/29/2020

Perfection

Hiring Steve as our dj was the best decision I didn't know I made! We were leaning into playing our own music, but Steve totally controlled the flow of the reception and we didn't need to worry about a thing! They also played all of our requests.

Sent on 03/05/2020

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

You are a ROCK STAR! What a fun day! Thanks so much for taking the time to write Lindsay. We enjoyed every second of it. LOVE LOVE LOVE winter weddings. Everything from your dress to the decor at the venue...just perfect!

Casandra Blanchard · Married on 12/21/2019

Wedding on 12/21/19

Steve Moody Entertainment was AMAZING!!!!!!! All of our guest complimented on how great our DJ was!!!!! Steve Moody married us and the ceremony was absolutely perfect!!!!! Could not have wished for better!!!!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection's reply:

Cassie, I can not thank you enough for allowing us to be a part of your special day. As you, yourself, have worked in the wedding industry for so long...I took it as an extreme honor that you asked. I know that you have seen hundred and hundreds of DJs come through the doors over the years. It truly could not have been better. Everyone was smiling from ear to ear from the time we arrived until the last person left. Wishing you both all the best in your new life together.
  • Alex

Alex Corbutt · Married on 11/23/2019

The best DJ team!

This team is absolutely amazing! They made this process so easy! Jim Baker was our DJ for our wedding, and I can't say enough about him. He was responsive, supportive and so easy to work with. I made changes to our music selection at the very last minute, and Jim was happy to make the changes. Everything worked out perfectly. I really appreciated the fact that he took over everything (announcing speeches, cake cutting, sparkler send off, after party arrangements), so my husband and I could enjoy the night. Lori Moody checked in every so often about payment and playlists which was super helpful during such a busy time. I HIGHLY recommend this team.

Sent on 12/11/2019

Kelley Adams · Married on 11/10/2019

Best DJ I’ve worked with!

I’ve been to a lot of parties and weddings and they’re by far the best. Their planning sheets make sure to cover every inch of all that needs to be done and they are super thorough. Steve is just the nicest guy and he truly wants to give every couple the best experience ever. He will accommodate just about anything, and is so friendly. He keeps the party going, and actually plays the songs you request- don’t think just book them!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Kathryn · Married on 11/03/2019

Perfect DJ/MC

Steve was an absolute joy to work with. He helped the cellist and officiant with the ceremony set-up and the reception went so smoothly with him as the MC. He paid attention to our ceremony and played songs that tied the whole day together. He brought so much energy to the reception which made it such a fun atmosphere. Our wedding day would not have been a success without Steve.

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Walters · Married on 11/02/2019

Steve Moody was amazing to work with!

From the moment we met with Steve for our wedding, him and his wife Lori were so kind, easy-going and willing to help with just about everything for our wedding! They were also amazing with keeping constant communication up until the day of the wedding. We hired Matt Spence (one of their DJs) for our big day and couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He was so fun, easy to work with, outgoing and really kept the party going for the entire night. We also rented the photobooth through Steve Moody Entertainment which was a huge hit! Our guests even danced with the props on the dance floor throughout the night. I would definitely recommend Matt as a DJ for your wedding or any of the DJ's with Steve Moody Entertainment!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Crystal Caldwell · Married on 11/01/2019

Steve Moody is the perfect wedding DJ!

I had the pleasure of working with Steve Moody himself for my wedding. Steve was so attentive to all of my requests and was absolutely amazing to work with. Him and his staff made the entire process stress free. All of the guest are still talking about how awesome the DJ was! My husband and myself would HIGHLY recommend Steve Moody!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Taira Sullivan · Married on 10/19/2019

Absolutely the best choice for DJ/MC

I just wanted to say thank you and that Jules was fantastic. She definitely knew how to read the crowd in terms of when to play what kinds of music (fast or slow), which resulted in a packed dance floor pretty much all evening. I don't think I have ever been to a wedding where that happened before. Her suggestion to front load the formalities (first dance, parent dances, cake cutting, and bouquet toss) and have the rest of the night as open dancing was definitely the right way to go. The whole evening was fantastic, in large part because Jules and her DJ and MC skills. Your company was absolutely the best choice and I will be recommending you to any of my friends who get married in the future.

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/19/2019

Best.DJ.Ever.

I had the pleasure of working with Steve Moody himself for my wedding. Steve was so attentive to all of my requests and called and texted multiple time just to confirm everything was exactly to my liking. I was very picky about what happened at what particular moment in a song and Steve pulled this off PERFECTLY! He even told me that my wedding was one of the most intricate ones he had ever done :) He was knowledgeable about how to best capture audio for my video given the winds that day, and the music was able to be heard perfectly and every cue was on point (my officiant almost forgot our sand ceremony but Steve rolled with it perfectly!). I even asked him to corral the audience some so that everyone in the party could enter and exit and this was also perfect. In addition to the perfection at my ceremony, my reception was just as amazing. He lined us up and went through and had everyone's names pronounced correctly and even read a little sentence about how we knew each person! I have seen some bad wedding DJs that do not get the audience excited so when I was DJ shopping I mentioned this to Steve and he took it to heart because EVERYONE was standing and cheering when we entered the reception! It was amazing and I could not have asked for better. He also was very personable and made everyone laugh during the reception! We got some many compliments on how funny and lively he was! I also was worried about having to coordinate things myself all night but Steve and his assistant did so much I plum forgot to be stressed and just relaxed and had a great time! Even out exit he made sure everyone was outside for at the very end! Oh, and of course the thing everyone wants to hear when they are looking for a DJ-our dance floor was PACKED ALL NIGHT LONG! I have been to so many weddings where people get up for one song that is good and then they are done and go sit down. Not my wedding. Steve had EVERYONE dancing up until the end of the night! Everyone was so full of energy all night which I credit to Steve getting them excited and getting their spirits up (alcohol helps too). I cannot say enough about how amazing my wedding was because of Steve and I will shout his praises from the rooftops! You will NOT make a mistake hiring Steve FOR SURE!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Megan

Megan Gavagan · Married on 10/19/2019

Wedding 10/19/19

Great DJ! Entertained the guests and kept the dance floor full all night :)

Sent on 11/27/2019

Katelyn Rogers · Married on 10/18/2019

Outstanding

We were beyond impressed with Steve Moody and his crew! Everyone one so friendly and professional. We were blown away by the attentiveness in regards to playing songs that our guests were interested in dancing to. We are so blessed they got to be a part of our special day!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2019

I would give more than 5 stars if I could!

Steve Moody and his team are literally the best of the best!
    When it came down to choosing a DJ for our big day, we knew we wanted Steve Moody Entertainment. He is so organized, kind, and knows how to have a great time! Anything you need, he and his team have your back!
    The entire planning process went smoothly from start to finish and if you decide at the last minute something needs to change, he is on it! He also does a fantastic job throughout the day keeping you posted on what is happening next.
    We also did a photobooth through him, which was such a hit! Kasey and Taylor kept the props organized and created a beautiful album for us!
    I could go on and on about how great Steve Moody Entertainment is. Not only did we have an amazing wedding day, but we also gained a friend for life! If I could give more than 5 stars, I would!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Ashley Kaiser · Married on 10/12/2019

Awesome experience

We chose Steve Moody’s Entertainment Connection after an overwhelming amount of recommendations from friends.

From our first meeting Steve put us totally at ease. We watched videos of the available DJs and chose Matt Spence. He was awesome to work with! Matt played great music, was super open to random requests from us and our guests, indulged us in playing baby shark so kids could take over the dance floor, handled tough name pronunciations like a champ and helped us throw one heck of a party. If I ever need a DJ again I’d use this company and Matt in particular!

Thanks y’all!