Steve Balesteri Music Reviews

Steve Balesteri Music 5
Steve Balesteri Music 6
  • Z

Zach Bouley · Married on 08/25/2018

One of a kind, incredible, made our wedding nighy

STEVE AND HIS BAND WERE AMAZING.

Steve is naturally one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Him and his band were so easy to work with, and made the music portion of our wedding extremely stress free.

As far as their performance, they were a 10/10. Their sound is amazing, and I love how they incorporate today's popular music into their set lists. Our entire wedding crowd danced all night and I loved every second of it. Since the wedding we've gotten countless compliments on Steve and his band and how much fun they made our night.

I know it's cliche to say but we can't imagine our special night without Steve and his band!

Whatever you do, book them for your event!

Thanks Steve!

Zach and Alison Bouley

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2018

Unbelievable!!!! Steve is beyond amazing. He was sure to cover every detail with us prior to the wedding and helped in every way to keep us on our desired schedule the day of the wedding. He provided us with all the sign choices we wanted and was sure to keep everyone dancing !! So many of our guests asked about his contact information as they were all overly impressed and want to use him for future events. I can’t rexomend him and the band enough! I promise you won’t be disappointed with your choice.

Chelsea · Married on 07/06/2018

I booked Steve Balesteri and the Uptown Seven band for my wedding in July and they were amazing. They are able to play a wide range of music and are professionals at what they do . Steve was very easy to work with and was willingly to learn a Tom Petty song that my husband and I love. I would highly recommend them to future brides/grooms to use for their wedding day.

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2018

Steve and his band are a must have! Whether you are looking for a solo performance or a seven piece band. I used him (guitar) along with a keyboard and violinist for my ceremony music and cocktail hour. He did an awesome job. He even learned an Italian song for us! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed cocktail hour. Our day wouldn’t have been complete without him!

Steve Balesteri Music 7

Sierrha · Married on 04/07/2018

Steve was amazing from start to finish! He was able to accommodate last minute requests the week of the wedding and always knew how to keep our guests on the dance floor! He also was amazing at customizing a song for our first dance by combining our two favorite songs. We’d choose his band a million times over!

Victoria · Married on 10/28/2017

Steve and his band were absolutely amazing and the whole package. He managed to provide a six-piece band (including horns) that fit into our our narrow budget and which had the sound and excitement of a group much larger. He was happy to travel to us in Philadelphia and called every so often to check in and get our preferences. Out of all the compliments I received on our reception, Steve was the most praised. Everyone loved them! Our wedding had a Frank Sinatra/1950s vibe which Steve executed perfectly. He performed amazing swing music during the cocktail hour and dinner and took it up a notch to current, top-40 music afterwards, so everyone could get up and dance. I could not recommend any vendor more highly! They dressed appropriately and were all fun to work with. Steve is the sweetest guy, and he and his band are amazing!

Carolyn · Married on 09/04/2017

My now husband Tom and I decided in May to get married in September so Tom's role was to find a band and quick! He was researching on line and came across Steve and the Uptown Seven. Steve was performing a solo at 800 Maple the following week, so we went to hear him and he was outstanding. One of the songs he sang - So Much Better - which he wrote, was absolutely beautiful and we decided then and there it would be our first dance song. We introduced ourselves during his break and truly, from the moment we met him, we knew we'd struck band gold so to speak. Steve incorporated the songs which have significant meaning to us and blended them seamlessly and beautifully throughout our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The songs enhanced and enriched the mood we wanted to achieve perfectly. Two hi-lights were Tom's son singing Fly Me To The Moon with the band which Steve graciously accommodated. In addition, he met Tom prior to practice together as Tom wanted to surprise me by singing I'll Be by Edwin McCain at our reception...and what a beautiful surprise it was! There was not a dry eye in the house. The dance floor was packed for every single song and everyone raved about the band and said they hadn't danced that much in years. We couldn't agree more - next to marrying, it was the best decision we made. Included are few pictures including the hi-lights mentioned...Mr. & Mrs. Thomas Bello

Steve Balesteri Music 8
    Steve Balesteri Music 9
    Steve Balesteri Music 10
    Steve Balesteri Music 11
    Steve Balesteri Music 12

Alex · Married on 09/03/2017

We heard about Steve and Uptown Seven from a friend of ours who is plugged into the music scene in Buffalo and they did not disappoint. Honestly, this was the best wedding band I've ever seen, and that isn't just my opinion as we heard that from many of the guests at our wedding. We asked Steve to learn some songs especially for us and they did so and absolutely nailed them. Going into our wedding there were a few things we were concerned about with music being one of them - it can make or break a wedding! But once they started all our fears fell away and we could not have been more thrilled with Steve and his band. They are absolutely amazing and you will be so thankful you booked them. They even came with a DJ to keep the party going while the band took a break, so the music was non-stop for over three hours.

5 out of 5 no doubt about it and they honestly blew us away. I could not recommend them highly enough, they were amazing. Thank you Steve and Uptown Seven!!!!

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2017

We can’t say enough good things about Steve and the Uptown Seven! Additionally, we're not alone in our praise, because many of the guests at our wedding felt the same way.

I have always liked the idea of a band/DJ combination at weddings and was happy to find a vendor that did both. Although, I am originally from Buffalo, I currently live elsewhere and was a little nervous about booking different vendors for our Buffalo wedding without meeting them in person. However, Steve is fantastic to work with and we were able to do all of the planning over phone and through email. His responses were also timely and professional.

His singing and band’s performance were excellent. They were able to incorporate our first dance into a performance/recording hybrid which was just what we were looking for. Steve also acted as the MC for the night, which was extremely helpful since our wedding was a bit atypical.

All the stars for Steve and the Uptown Seven! *****

Caitlin · Married on 07/01/2017

Steve Balesteri and the Uptown Seven are hands down the best band in Buffalo! All of our wedding guests would agree because they were dancing from the first song up until the very last song.
    I first met Steve when he was playing a solo acoustic show at a Buffalo Bison's happy hour. I immediately knew I wanted him to play at my wedding. When I reached out to Steve he was very responsive to all of my questions and extremely accommodating when we needed to schedule a time to meet. Leading up to the wedding we were able to see Steve perform solo and with the band at multiple venues. There are very few days where Steve isn't performing.
    We can't thank Steve Balesteri and the Uptown Seven enough for making July 1, 2017 the best day of our lives!!!!
    -Michael & Caitlin Jantzi, Buffalo, NY

Sergei · Married on 03/25/2017

Great band! Steve was fantastic to work with. He was very accommodating to our song requests and helped curate a great setlist. Steves solo acoustic set was wonderful for the cocktail hour and the rest of the band brought a lot of energy to the reception. Highly recommend working with them.

Ami · Married on 10/29/2016

Steve and his band Uptown Seven performed at our wedding reception this past fall. Steve performed an acoustic solo act during cocktail hour, and his full band Uptown Seven performed after dinner. From start to finish they exceeded our expectations. The dance floor was full all night, and we still have guests telling us how much they enjoyed the band! Uptown Seven played a variety of music that catered to all generations. The band did a great job reading the crowd, and seemed to know exactly what everyone wanted to hear throughout the night.

In addition to being a talented musician, Steve was also very professional and easy to work with. He was quick to respond to e-mails, and thoroughly answered all of our questions. The night of our wedding he was on time, and followed our schedule perfectly (he was the MC for the evening). Steve even came to find me after the band finished their first set to make sure I was happy with everything they were playing.

I would highly recommend Steven and Uptown Seven to anyone looking for a great band for their wedding!

Natalie · Married on 10/15/2016

Steve was an absolute joy to work with!!! We wanted a big band, and got to choose all the instruments! We had violin, piano, and vocals at our church ceremony, a quartet for the cocktail hour, and a ten piece band with DJ for the reception. Steve was very open to my crazy requests and song list and even learned some songs for us. We had a pretty young crowd (20s-30s) at our wedding, and the dance floor was packed the entire time. The best part was that the band was very affordable and quick to respond. We loved every minute of it. Thanks for everything, Steve!!! We will definitely recommend you to everyone who wants a band for their wedding.

kate · Married on 09/10/2016

Steve and his band were fantastic from start to finish in the planning process. He was kind, professional, responsive, flexible, talented, and most importantly AFFORDABLE! The night of our wedding at the Statler (Terrace Room) they were prompt, they looked great, and Steve was an awesome emcee! And the dance floor was packed all night. If you're on the fence, I say go for it!

Courtney · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I have been listening to Steve and his band play for years, so really it wasn't a conversation when we had to pick out our wedding band. Steve is very responsive, lets you tell him what type of music you want and if you have any special requests. I think we had about 15 special requests, and they played them all!! Even if that meant learning a new song. They even sang our first dance, and I think they did a better job than the original. Our reception was at Shea's on the stage, and I think I got just as many compliments on the band as I did on the venue. Most of my pictures from the night are of everyone dancing, which I love. Steve and his band are very professional as well, not one worry the entire night. I would recommend going to listen to them, in a few different settings so you can really see that they are very versatile, and can mold to any setting. Our wedding was one our friends and family will be talking about for years to come, and I think that Steve and his band helped in that way. THANKS STEVE!!

Kelsey · Married on 08/06/2016

Steve and Uptown Seven added so much fun and flair to our wedding. The combination of live music and the DJ for breaks was the PERFECT balance. Steve also worked with us to MC our entire evening and take care of a lot of our absurd ideas and requests. He played our college football fight songs and put up with our endless requests and input.

Our wedding was truly special because of Steve and Uptown Seven. I can't say enough about how fun and accommodating they are. They are a must book!

Tim · Married on 07/16/2016

My wife and I wholeheartedly recommend Steve and his band for your wedding or function. He played at our wedding reception and was a pleasure to work with. From our initial inquiry with him regarding his availability through the conclusion of our reception, he was professional and highly responsive, and was willing (and did) learn specific songs to play. Our guests raved about the quality of Steve and his band, and he kept all age groups dancing all night long. Steve and his band are the answer to your WNY band search.

Rachael · Married on 12/27/2015

We had Steve perform at our wedding during the ceremony and cocktail hour. He is awesome! His performance was great, he was professional and worked with us to accommodate exactly what we envisioned for our special day. We also choose to have him perform his song "So Much Better" during our ceremony and then he surprised us and performed it for our first dance (which we had requested the DJ play, but Steve realized it as he was about to pack up and then started singing it!). It was so special and we love the song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1GanuGucqU. I would not hesitate to recommend Steve. He is extremely talented and it was a pleasure to work with him.

Casey · Married on 12/27/2015

You have an ability that needs to be enjoyed by the masses! We had Steve perform at our ceremony and into the cocktail hour at our wedding. He performed numerous songs but we absolutely LOVED his original "So Much Better", and we were honored to have it as our wedding song and to actually have the person who created it actually sing it was amazing! He also learned a song that we both were hoping to have in the ceremony.

Steve you have such an original voice and sound mixed with the creativity and love of music. I truly think in the coming years that you are going to explode on the mainstream music scene! Your voice and sound is nothing like the formula songs that they put together to sell albums in this day and age. Your best days are yet to come!!! If people are thinking of hiring Steve for anything, you will not be disappointed!

Michelle · Married on 08/29/2015

I knew that Steve would be the perfect fit for our wedding after only minutes of watching him perform with his charismatic personality and love for music. We hired Steve to sing acoustic during our cocktail hour and boy he was a hit! He knows how to captivate the crowd he is singing to, old or young. He can play just about anything, from old classics, to anything new today! I had compliments coming for weeks after our wedding on how fabulous he was. He is professional, friendly, has great communication and most of all talented! I did not have one complaint in choosing him, the only question is- why haven't you booked him yet?!

Vicki · Married on 08/07/2015

We absolutely recommend Steve and his band for your event/wedding! He was easy to work with, responded quickly, and had a great list of songs to choose from! We first had him preform at my work holiday party and we knew we wanted them for our wedding immediately. Steve came to our wedding venue to make sure the set up would be right months prior. I even had a surprise up my sleeve for my husband that he immediately said of course to! My future sister-n-law sang with Steve and the band for our first dance. They practiced prior and it was the PERFECT surprise for my hubbie and our guests! We had a great night of tunes and dancing! Steve Balesteri Music is great to work with and our guests loved our reception at the Burchfield Penny because of the art and tunes!

Colleen · Married on 06/20/2015

Steve and his band were absolutely AMAZING!!! He kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night!! They are accommodating, great to work with, and great to listen to :). The guests at the wedding were also so impressed with him and his band!!! Everyone wanted his card so they could book Steve and the band for their next big event!!! I would recommend Steve and his band to anyone!! They do great work!!!!

Kelli · Married on 06/06/2015

Steve balesteri & his band really turned our wedding into a great time that everyone has been talking about the past two weeks!! There were so many moments that our guests were saying "this band is awesome!! They sound better then the original artist"!! Our guests couldn't get off the dance floor because that's how good They were!! We saw them at our friends wedding and knew immediately we had to have them at our wedding too! they truly brought the wedding to a whole other level! Thanks for giving us such a memorable experience! Book this band you won't be disappointed! We couldn't have asked for a better experience!!

Steve and the other guys he had with him were great! Very easy to work with regarding any requests or concerns that we had leading up to and the day of the wedding. They really kept the party going!