Steve Balesteri Reviews

Steve Balesteri 7
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 07/19/2019

Absolute perfection!

Steve Balesteri Music was hands down the best choice we made for our wedding. Steve was friendly, accessible, responsive, and an overall delight to work with. He played soft, romantic, acoustic versions of our song choices for our ceremony and he and his band rocked all of our favorite songs throughout the night. They even took the time to learn and perform special songs just for us. He performed our special song last for the night and let us dance for a memorable moment to finish off the night. If you’re looking for live music, Steve’s your guy. Plus, his services are incredibly affordable. You can’t go wrong!

Sent on 07/27/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 07/06/2019

Would hire these guys 100 times over again!

Steve and the Uptown Sound absolutely made our wedding! He was great to work with, helped us out on customizing our experience with him and took care of things that we didn't care to make decisions on. MC'd the night and the band was amazing! The dance floor was packed the entire night because of them! I would hire him 100 times over again, definitely recommend! Thank you Steve!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Kurtis M Fisher · Married on 06/15/2019

Stop Searching! Steve is the ONE!

Steve Balesteri band was amazing. the best way i can describe him. you know when you get that feeling that you know this choice is the one and you can stop band searching the other choices. thats the feeling i had when i was talking with him. he may do 1000 gigs a year, but he made you feel like your wedding was the make or break it point for him. not desperate. but amazing! he made everything simple and he had the entire dance floor going all night long. never once did i have a doubt that he was the right choice. my wife and me are always looking at where we can see play again, so we can continue to show our gratitude and listen to a great band! Thank you again Steve!
    Kurt and Megan
    6/15/19 wedding

Sent on 08/12/2019
    Steve Balesteri 8

Megan Doody · Married on 06/07/2019

Wedding at the foundry suites

Thank you so much for everything you did! From meeting before the wedding to make sure everything was perfect and all the emails in between with quick responses. You and the band did absolutely amazing and the music could not have been better for my ceremony and cocktail hour !

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/01/2019

An amazing music experience!

Steve Balesteri is talented, professional, so personable and creative! He really took the time to get to know me and my husband, our family, our musical taste and even learned a very special song for us! I highly highly recommend him for your event. You will not be disappointed :) Make sure you check out his shows, too. He is definitely one of our favorites!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Hillary · Married on 05/26/2019

Steve Balesteri is the Best Band for a Wedding!!

Steve Balesteri and his band are the perfect choice for your wedding. From the get go, Steve was great to work with. He is an extremely friendly person and was very supportive in helping us craft our vision for the music at our wedding. Many of his band members can play multiple instruments so you have significant flexibility in the music that you would like played.

I cannot say enough about how great Steve and his band were for our wedding. He provided a perfect backdrop to our ceremony and cocktail hour, was a great emcee to provide flow to our reception, and was able to get everyone out on the dance floor to enjoy themselves.

Steve has a huge song list spanning many genres and even had his band learn a few songs that weren't on his list but were important to us. He provides a great combination of band and DJ that allows for a variety of music to be played. Based on the music we said we liked, Steve was on point with his setlist for the wedding. There were multiple people that came up to us during and after the wedding to say how much they enjoyed the band and how good they were at getting everyone dancing.

To sum it up, we had a great experience with Steve Balesteri and his band and would strongly recommend him for your wedding.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Beverly · Married on 09/01/2018

The ONLY band you should consider

Steve and the Uptown Sound were a huge hit at our wedding and kept the energy going all night long! Steve could not be more accommodating and worked very hard to ensure all of our requests and specifications were met. He and the band learned a new song for our first dance, customized specific music for the introductions and remained highly interactive with our crowd the entire night. The band was a hit with all ages! In addition to the band, Steve performed a solo acoustic set during our outdoor cocktail hour which set the tone for the entire event. Of all the vendors we dealt with, Steve stood out with regards to his level of professionalism, degree of communication, helpful suggestions and overall degree of service. We can't recommend Steve and The Uptown Sound enough! They are a blast!

Sent on 12/30/2018
  • Z

Zach Bouley · Married on 08/25/2018

One of a kind, incredible, made our wedding nighy

STEVE AND HIS BAND WERE AMAZING.

Steve is naturally one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Him and his band were so easy to work with, and made the music portion of our wedding extremely stress free.

As far as their performance, they were a 10/10. Their sound is amazing, and I love how they incorporate today's popular music into their set lists. Our entire wedding crowd danced all night and I loved every second of it. Since the wedding we've gotten countless compliments on Steve and his band and how much fun they made our night.

I know it's cliche to say but we can't imagine our special night without Steve and his band!

Whatever you do, book them for your event!

Thanks Steve!

Zach and Alison Bouley

Sent on 11/13/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2018

Unbelievable!!!! Steve is beyond amazing. He was sure to cover every detail with us prior to the wedding and helped in every way to keep us on our desired schedule the day of the wedding. He provided us with all the sign choices we wanted and was sure to keep everyone dancing !! So many of our guests asked about his contact information as they were all overly impressed and want to use him for future events. I can’t rexomend him and the band enough! I promise you won’t be disappointed with your choice.

Sent on 08/10/2018

Chelsea · Married on 07/06/2018

I booked Steve Balesteri and the Uptown Seven band for my wedding in July and they were amazing. They are able to play a wide range of music and are professionals at what they do . Steve was very easy to work with and was willingly to learn a Tom Petty song that my husband and I love. I would highly recommend them to future brides/grooms to use for their wedding day.

Sent on 08/03/2018

Kyle Berberich · Married on 06/02/2018

Wedding band

Steve and the band were beyond perfect, worked with us to create an amazing night!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2018

Steve and his band are a must have! Whether you are looking for a solo performance or a seven piece band. I used him (guitar) along with a keyboard and violinist for my ceremony music and cocktail hour. He did an awesome job. He even learned an Italian song for us! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed cocktail hour. Our day wouldn’t have been complete without him!

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Steve Balesteri 9
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 04/21/2018

The best band in Buffalo!

I first met Steve and his band when his band performed at my best friends graduation party, we had such a blast that night we started watching him play around various places in buffalo. I then saw him perform at another one of our friends weddings and ever since then I had my heart set on him playing at my wedding (I wasn’t even engaged yet!). The day after I got engaged steve was the first person I contacted, I needed to get the dates he had available before I could book the venue. I was a bit of a crazy bride, even had a 12 page schedule, and the day was planned down to the minute. Steve took the time to meet with me at spot coffee (more than once), and made sure that everything I wanted happened (and everything i didn’t want, didn’t happen). Steve went above and beyond, including inviting my best friend to practice with him so they could sing our first dance as a duet. His list of songs is extensive and he is always willing to learn something new. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Sierrha · Married on 04/07/2018

Steve was amazing from start to finish! He was able to accommodate last minute requests the week of the wedding and always knew how to keep our guests on the dance floor! He also was amazing at customizing a song for our first dance by combining our two favorite songs. We’d choose his band a million times over!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Victoria · Married on 10/28/2017

Steve and his band were absolutely amazing and the whole package. He managed to provide a six-piece band (including horns) that fit into our our narrow budget and which had the sound and excitement of a group much larger. He was happy to travel to us in Philadelphia and called every so often to check in and get our preferences. Out of all the compliments I received on our reception, Steve was the most praised. Everyone loved them! Our wedding had a Frank Sinatra/1950s vibe which Steve executed perfectly. He performed amazing swing music during the cocktail hour and dinner and took it up a notch to current, top-40 music afterwards, so everyone could get up and dance. I could not recommend any vendor more highly! They dressed appropriately and were all fun to work with. Steve is the sweetest guy, and he and his band are amazing!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Carolyn · Married on 09/04/2017

My now husband Tom and I decided in May to get married in September so Tom's role was to find a band and quick! He was researching on line and came across Steve and the Uptown Seven. Steve was performing a solo at 800 Maple the following week, so we went to hear him and he was outstanding. One of the songs he sang - So Much Better - which he wrote, was absolutely beautiful and we decided then and there it would be our first dance song. We introduced ourselves during his break and truly, from the moment we met him, we knew we'd struck band gold so to speak. Steve incorporated the songs which have significant meaning to us and blended them seamlessly and beautifully throughout our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The songs enhanced and enriched the mood we wanted to achieve perfectly. Two hi-lights were Tom's son singing Fly Me To The Moon with the band which Steve graciously accommodated. In addition, he met Tom prior to practice together as Tom wanted to surprise me by singing I'll Be by Edwin McCain at our reception...and what a beautiful surprise it was! There was not a dry eye in the house. The dance floor was packed for every single song and everyone raved about the band and said they hadn't danced that much in years. We couldn't agree more - next to marrying, it was the best decision we made. Included are few pictures including the hi-lights mentioned...Mr. & Mrs. Thomas Bello

Sent on 12/28/2017
    Steve Balesteri 10
    Steve Balesteri 11
    Steve Balesteri 12
    Steve Balesteri 13
    Steve Balesteri 14

Alex · Married on 09/03/2017

We heard about Steve and Uptown Seven from a friend of ours who is plugged into the music scene in Buffalo and they did not disappoint. Honestly, this was the best wedding band I've ever seen, and that isn't just my opinion as we heard that from many of the guests at our wedding. We asked Steve to learn some songs especially for us and they did so and absolutely nailed them. Going into our wedding there were a few things we were concerned about with music being one of them - it can make or break a wedding! But once they started all our fears fell away and we could not have been more thrilled with Steve and his band. They are absolutely amazing and you will be so thankful you booked them. They even came with a DJ to keep the party going while the band took a break, so the music was non-stop for over three hours.

5 out of 5 no doubt about it and they honestly blew us away. I could not recommend them highly enough, they were amazing. Thank you Steve and Uptown Seven!!!!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2017

We can’t say enough good things about Steve and the Uptown Seven! Additionally, we're not alone in our praise, because many of the guests at our wedding felt the same way.

I have always liked the idea of a band/DJ combination at weddings and was happy to find a vendor that did both. Although, I am originally from Buffalo, I currently live elsewhere and was a little nervous about booking different vendors for our Buffalo wedding without meeting them in person. However, Steve is fantastic to work with and we were able to do all of the planning over phone and through email. His responses were also timely and professional.

His singing and band’s performance were excellent. They were able to incorporate our first dance into a performance/recording hybrid which was just what we were looking for. Steve also acted as the MC for the night, which was extremely helpful since our wedding was a bit atypical.

All the stars for Steve and the Uptown Seven! *****

Sent on 09/01/2017

Caitlin · Married on 07/01/2017

Steve Balesteri and the Uptown Seven are hands down the best band in Buffalo! All of our wedding guests would agree because they were dancing from the first song up until the very last song.
    I first met Steve when he was playing a solo acoustic show at a Buffalo Bison's happy hour. I immediately knew I wanted him to play at my wedding. When I reached out to Steve he was very responsive to all of my questions and extremely accommodating when we needed to schedule a time to meet. Leading up to the wedding we were able to see Steve perform solo and with the band at multiple venues. There are very few days where Steve isn't performing.
    We can't thank Steve Balesteri and the Uptown Seven enough for making July 1, 2017 the best day of our lives!!!!
    -Michael & Caitlin Jantzi, Buffalo, NY

Sent on 07/14/2017

Sergei · Married on 03/25/2017

Great band! Steve was fantastic to work with. He was very accommodating to our song requests and helped curate a great setlist. Steves solo acoustic set was wonderful for the cocktail hour and the rest of the band brought a lot of energy to the reception. Highly recommend working with them.

Sent on 12/23/2017

Ami · Married on 10/29/2016

Steve and his band Uptown Seven performed at our wedding reception this past fall. Steve performed an acoustic solo act during cocktail hour, and his full band Uptown Seven performed after dinner. From start to finish they exceeded our expectations. The dance floor was full all night, and we still have guests telling us how much they enjoyed the band! Uptown Seven played a variety of music that catered to all generations. The band did a great job reading the crowd, and seemed to know exactly what everyone wanted to hear throughout the night.

In addition to being a talented musician, Steve was also very professional and easy to work with. He was quick to respond to e-mails, and thoroughly answered all of our questions. The night of our wedding he was on time, and followed our schedule perfectly (he was the MC for the evening). Steve even came to find me after the band finished their first set to make sure I was happy with everything they were playing.

I would highly recommend Steven and Uptown Seven to anyone looking for a great band for their wedding!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Natalie · Married on 10/15/2016

Steve was an absolute joy to work with!!! We wanted a big band, and got to choose all the instruments! We had violin, piano, and vocals at our church ceremony, a quartet for the cocktail hour, and a ten piece band with DJ for the reception. Steve was very open to my crazy requests and song list and even learned some songs for us. We had a pretty young crowd (20s-30s) at our wedding, and the dance floor was packed the entire time. The best part was that the band was very affordable and quick to respond. We loved every minute of it. Thanks for everything, Steve!!! We will definitely recommend you to everyone who wants a band for their wedding.

Sent on 02/01/2017

kate · Married on 09/10/2016

Steve and his band were fantastic from start to finish in the planning process. He was kind, professional, responsive, flexible, talented, and most importantly AFFORDABLE! The night of our wedding at the Statler (Terrace Room) they were prompt, they looked great, and Steve was an awesome emcee! And the dance floor was packed all night. If you're on the fence, I say go for it!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Courtney · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I have been listening to Steve and his band play for years, so really it wasn't a conversation when we had to pick out our wedding band. Steve is very responsive, lets you tell him what type of music you want and if you have any special requests. I think we had about 15 special requests, and they played them all!! Even if that meant learning a new song. They even sang our first dance, and I think they did a better job than the original. Our reception was at Shea's on the stage, and I think I got just as many compliments on the band as I did on the venue. Most of my pictures from the night are of everyone dancing, which I love. Steve and his band are very professional as well, not one worry the entire night. I would recommend going to listen to them, in a few different settings so you can really see that they are very versatile, and can mold to any setting. Our wedding was one our friends and family will be talking about for years to come, and I think that Steve and his band helped in that way. THANKS STEVE!!

Sent on 10/18/2016