Stepping Stones Garden Reviews

21 | Burlington, WA

21 Reviews for Stepping Stones Garden

Cat M. · Married on 08/16/2019

Magical venue!

We got married at Stepping Stones in August 2019. Our experience was just wonderful. Kendra was so helpful and accommodating from the beginning. She was flexible with us stopping by to see the venue several times and answered all of my many emails timely. We also left our wedding cake behind and she was kind enough to keep it in the freezer for over a week; that’s really going above and beyond.

The garden itself is simply amazing. Kendra and her team put so much work and love into every aspect of it and it shows. The plants are gorgeous and healthy, the lawn and concrete areas are clean, and there is a variety of flowers so that something is always in bloom. There are also so many details to discover. Because the grounds are so big, there are many different areas where you can do your ceremony, cocktail hour, etc. No two weddings here will be exactly alike. Guests will love exploring the garden because there is something interesting or beautiful around every turn. And there is plenty of room for guests to get away from a loud DJ or band if they want to.

Day of, Kendra’s crew were helpful and several of our guests have said that the bartender specifically was excellent (he didn’t give my underage cousins any alcohol—and they definitely tried—so that’s a win in my book!). Logistically, there are plenty of outlets, lots of light, great spaces for everyone to get dressed, plenty of refrigerators for caterers, etc. We had a hair and makeup crew plus all bridesmaids and both moms in the bridal suite no problem.

Guests have told us that ours was one of the best weddings they’ve ever been to, and Stepping Stones is a huge part of that! I would recommend Stepping Stones to anyone! We can’t thank Kendra enough for making our wedding so wonderful.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Lyndsay A. · Married on 08/10/2019

Brides - must see venue!

This is a must see venue! Kendra and Keegan were absolutely AMAZING to work with! I had ZERO stress the day of my wedding. The venue hands down is the most beautiful place you can get married. Our photographers loved the venue due to so many great places for photos. Every guest talked about how gorgeous the venue was. You won’t regret checking this place out - I promise!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Jordyn

Jordyn D. · Married on 08/03/2019

Best wedding venue ever

Stepping Stones Garden is the most beautiful wedding venue I have ever seen. There are multiple locations to have your ceremony, a gorgeous barn, the perfect large, white tent to have your reception under and the most beautiful flowers throughout the entire venue. All of our guest raved about our venue and told us multiple times it was the perfect wedding location! Kendra, the owner, is the sweetest soul and does everything in her power to make sure you have your dream wedding. Her son Keegan also helped set everything up the day of our wedding and it was even more perfect than we could have imagined. Thank you so much Kendra and Keegan for everything!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Becca

Becca W. · Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful place for our wedding

Perfect place for our wedding. We needed a place for 175 guests and we wanted to bring home brew beer as well as having our own caterer. Stepping Stones was perfect for that. The venue was beautiful and Kendra and her staff were great.

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 05/18/2019

Nothing short of magical

Stepping Stones is an absolutely amazing venue. Kendra and her team work their butts off to make this venue absolutely gorgeous and were helpful in every step of the planning process. If you’re even kind of considering them for your venue GO FOR IT. I cannot speak highly enough of them.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Melody · Married on 10/07/2017

My daughter and son in law's wedding. Wonderful gorgeous venue and gardens! Many different areas to choose from for your ceremony. Kendra was very helpful and gave us a fabulous day (even though it rained) so we brought the ceremony into the barn. Loved it! The guests were very impressed...from the road you can't even see the venue quiet and private!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Jocelyn · Married on 08/25/2017

The most beautiful venue we went to I'm so glad we were able to have the most beautiful wedding I could ask for their. Kendra is amazing and helps you out as much as she can. Hardly need to decorate just because its so beautiful and very well taken care of wouldn't have chosen any other place.

Sent on 10/01/2017

Sadie · Married on 08/19/2017

Stepping Stones is the most beautiful venue I have ever been too. It is exactly what I was looking for when selecting a venue. The grounds are so beautiful and well kept that there was hardly a need to decorate. Kendra goes above and beyond and really cares about you and your big day. I would recommend Stepping Stones to every new bride looking for the perfect place to get married! If I could give more than 5 stars I would!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Debra · Married on 07/29/2017

Stepping Stones was the first venue my daughter and I looked at. Jacqui new from the beginning that it was going to be her choice.
    The grounds, lights, barn and all the special private nooks were a huge selling point for us.
    The owner Kendra was absolutely adorable and very patient with us. I made numerous requests to measure, take pictures, and have another look at something. A simple text message to her, always gave me permission to enter the grounds.
    We will share photos once we have them.
    Thank you again Kendra for a fabulous,
    unforgettable day.
    Debbie

Sent on 08/31/2017

Alexis · Married on 08/27/2016

The best advice I can give any future Bride is to please check this place out. Kendra at stepping stones garden was always such a wonderful, and gentle person to work with. She was super responsive, flexible, and genuine. Was one of the best decisions I made. We heard non stop positive feedback from all friends and family about how beautiful it was. My husband and I knew from the moment we stepped on the property this is what we wanted. Stepping stones garden was way more than a venue, the beginning of our journey as husband and wife. This property is also great for families with kids with lots of space, with plenty of nooks, for all members of the family. The grounds are so beautiful, that you barely need decorations. I can't recommend this venue enough. I promise you won't be sorry!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Sharon · Married on 08/20/2016

I would very much recommend that anyone getting married discover this piece of heaven. I was fortunate and attended a wedding here this summer and was absolutely overwhelmed. The gardens were breathtaking and Kendra the owner did not miss a single detail . The venue, staff and special details all make this the perfect place to start your new life with the one you love.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Lessley · Married on 07/12/2016

Our daughter and son in law got married here last month. It was a beautiful wedding thanks in a large part to this wonderful venue. The flowers and landscaping are lovely!!! This is a great venue because it has so much to offer. There are several places to set up for the ceremony, including covered areas in the event of rain. The grounds are spacious and include pathways, ponds, and private sitting areas for guests to enjoy and explore. Kendra and Keegan are great to work with. They are warm and friendly and help in any way they can. We would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Kierra · Married on 11/07/2015

What a wonderful venue! There are many beautiful options for ceremony spots as well as reception spots and built in rain contingency options. The venue is expertly maintained and an absolutely gorgeous location for whatever style wedding you are looking for.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Mark · Married on 09/12/2015

Stepping Stones Garden is a beautiful and secluded location for your wedding just North of Mount Vernon WA. Kendra is fantastic to work with. She is communicative, responsive and helped make our wedding day so very special. The facility is spacious and so very beautiful. Our guests had a great time and we continue to hear how much everyone loved the venue. Thank you Kendra, you have my highest recommendation. Many years of great success to you !

Sent on 10/01/2015
  • Sherry

Sherry · Married on 07/11/2015

We had the wedding of our dreams at Stepping Stones Garden thanks to the beautiful grounds and the wonderful venue owner Kendra. She is an amazing power house of a woman that works so hard on the gardens and is constantly striving to accommodate her couples.
    We reserved the Stepping Stones Garden venue over a year and a half before our big day and it has been such a pleasure working with Kendra, getting ideas and watching the venue and gardens grow....what an amazing experience and we couldn't of asked for anything more. We highly recommend Stepping Stones Garden for your wedding, our pictures are just coming in and they are all so vibrant with the depth of different greens and multi-colored gardens in the background, and the newly remodeled barn area was so much fun to work with and decorate for our reception. In our opinion SSG is the most beautiful and versatile venue in all of Skagit Valley (& we personally toured all of them) ......Thank you so much Kendra!!!!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Troy · Married on 09/20/2014

I don't know where to begin. Our wedding was perfect and that was due in large part to Stepping Stones Garden. Amazing location with easy access for travelers. Beautiful setting (beautiful grounds) that made for amazing pictures at all times of the day; sunrise to nighttime. There are many wonderful activities and multiple picture locations. The venue was amazing also because of what it came with. There are multiple places to perform the ceremony, and there is a huge tent include all for the same price as renting a tent only from a canopy/party company. Check this place out. I wish the 100 year old house was included too or available for rent, but it makes a great backdrop! There are also separate bride and groom retreats for pre-ceremony prep on-site. The owner went out of her way to make it even better for us, she is great.
    Thanks Kendra for an amazing experience and amazing day!

Sent on 02/14/2016

Stephanie · Married on 08/29/2013

Kendra was very flexible with our needs and accommodating. She also was able to give us good advice for selecting local vendors. She is very knowledgeable in the business and oh so kind and generous; a calming spirit to work with on a crazy day such as a wedding! A beautiful outdoor venue with rainy day accommodations;)

Sent on 07/14/2015

Dannielle · Married on 08/13/2011

My wedding at Stepping Stones Garden was idyllic. These gardens are so absolutely gorgeous and so perfect for weddings! So many special aspects from the huge tent area, unique trees and flowers, twinkling lights everywhere, the beautiful barn with rustic bar, brides room with small pond outside, and the arbor guests walk though on arrival. It is conveniently located near I5 but with the views of Mount Baker and being cocooned inside the gardens you would never guess it! Just love this place.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Shari · Married on 09/14/2017

Such a perfect setting for a wedding! No matter the weather, you are set at Stepping Stones Garden. Our daughter's wedding was on September 14, 2017 and was going to be an outdoor ceremony. Weather forecast watching for two weeks was the norm, but it was awesome! The barn may not look like much on the outside, but you could not find a more rustic and charming area for a reception...or wedding! Even with most flowers done blooming this time of year, the gardens were beautiful. Call Kendra...now!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/30/2016

This venue was an absolute dream to have my wedding at. The grounds could not be more beautiful! All the flowers were in bloom for our July 30th wedding and the colors were amazing. The owners clearly take exceptional care of the gardens and it definitely shows. One of my favorite things about Stepping Stones is that you're not confined to one designated spot for the ceremony and reception setup. The space is HUGE and there are many different areas to do things. The owner, Kendra, was wonderful to work with and always responded quickly to my emails.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/07/2018

Stepping Stones is the most beautiful venue. Between the gardens, the chandelier decorated barn, and the vintage bed and breakfast attached, our day was filled with magic and beauty. The owner Kendra was beyond accommodating for us. She helped with every question I had, prepared the grounds beautifully, and helped sooth my nerves before walking out to the ceremony! I cannot speak more highly of her. Throughout the day family and friends raved about how wonderful to the venue was and how nice Kendra was.

We stayed the night in the attached bed and breakfast, which included a honeymoon suite. This suite was very modern, had a kitchen, bathroom, living room and bedroom. Very sweet looking. My family stayed in the house area of the bed and breakfast which was filled with vintage décor and kept its original design. This area was GREAT for pictures. Similarly, the brides room which is attached to the house was also very vintage and quaint. I loved the look of this place so much. Really fed my artistic soul.

My husband and I feel very lucky to have found such an amazing spot with such incredible people to help us celebrate our marriage. Forever grateful for this place!

Sent on 07/10/2018