Stephen Bobb Photography Reviews

40 | Takoma Park, MD

40 Reviews for Stephen Bobb Photography

Ryan · Married on 09/14/2014

From our first meeting with Stephen, we were convinced that he had to shoot our wedding. He never once gave us a sales pitch. He was just sincere, told us some about his background as a photo journalist and how he likes to apply those principles to shooting weddings in order to 'tell the story of your day'. Honest and simple. After showing us some of his portfolio we agreed that his work spoke volumes and we were sold. We couldn't have been happier with Stephen and his assistant on our wedding day. Thank you again for telling the story of our day through the amazing moments you captured on film, er memory card.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Stephen Bobb Photography's reply:

Ryan, thanks for your review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed working together and the resulting images. I just want to clarify that I was not a working photojournalist, though I do primarily shoot in a photojournalistic style! Thanks again, Stephen

Vaia · Married on 06/28/2014

Stephen Bobb took our wedding photos last month, and he did a fantastic job. He was quick and easy to work with, and had a great sense of humor. He truly has an eye for real moments, and managed to take at least one great candid of EVERY person in our wedding party, parents and siblings. Stephen has a fantastic eye and gets beautiful shots that are filled with love but aren't sappy! They're sophisticated and somehow homey at the same time. A tough feat to pull off! We love Stephen and hope to work with him again!! I can't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 08/14/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2014

We cannot say enough good things about Stephen. First and foremost, we adore our wedding photos. He (and his wonderful assistant, Kim) took a great combination of portraits and candids. Our photos are joyful, crisp, and vibrant. Stephen edits his photos quickly too -- he delivered all of the files within a month or so of our wedding. Several friends and relatives have remarked to us that Stephen's wedding photography is the best they've ever seen.

Stephen is also just a nice guy. We found him to be a breath of fresh air on an otherwise hectic day. He was prompt, he was kind, he was calm, and he was hardworking. And unlike many wedding vendors, he was exceptionally responsive in the months leading up to the wedding.

Do yourself a favor and book him today! (We booked him a full year in advance!) We promise his services are worth every penny. In fact, we feel like it's the best money we spent in the entire wedding planning process!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2014

Stephen was a pleasure to work with. My husband and I looked through tons of photographers and couldn't be happier that we picked him. He has great attention to detail, has a good eye for posed shots but also catches the emotions and feelings of the day. There are a lot of pictures I didn't even realize he was around for and caught on camera. His assistant, Kim, was also wonderful! I'd definitely recommend him to anyone. Can't wait to get our photo album!!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Jimmy · Married on 03/26/2014

We engaged Stephen as our wedding photographer and are extremely satisfied with his work. First, his photographs are gorgeous--they really do capture the joy that we experienced that day. We were able to work with him to think through specific shots that we were hoping to get, but by and large Stephen just took pictures throughout and capture a lot of in-the-moment action shots (which we really like a lot). Second, he was extremely flexible with time--we had a courthouse wedding and our first date was snowed out, and Stephen was very flexible and able to reschedule with us. He was also generally very responsive--there was 1 time we didn't hear back from him for a day or so, but very very minor. After the wedding, the photos were back to us in about 3 weeks. Overall, we're very satisfied with Stephen and his work and would definitely recommend him to others (or work with him again for other special events).

Sent on 08/17/2014

Elise · Married on 12/22/2013

Good photography is very important to me. For our wedding, photography was at the top of my priority list. When I was looking at venue pictures online, Stephen Bobb's photos of the Carnegie Institution were what sold me on getting married there. I looked at those photos repeatedly online and was thrilled when I learned Stephen was able to shoot our wedding.

Working with Stephen was wonderful. He reached out before the wedding to understand exactly what photos we wanted and then he made sure that he got all of our most-wanted shots during the wedding. At the wedding, he and his assistant did a wonderful job taking candid shots unobtrusively. We are so happy with the way the photos came out. They are beautiful. Plus, I love Stephen's tag line: Joyful wedding photography. Who doesn't want that?

Sent on 05/10/2014

David · Married on 11/02/2013

We really enjoyed working with Stephen Bobb. His photos are a wonderful combination of great spontaneous shots that capture the emotion of the event as well as lots of family and couple portraits that we'll treasure forever. Stephen is a pleasant, friendly guy. He was very interested in what we wanted. During the wedding, he must have been everywhere but he and his assistant never came out of the background.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Joey · Married on 11/01/2013

Stephen and his assistant, Kim, were all that we could have asked for in a photographer. They were extremely accommodating and worked with us to make sure the day worked exactly as we pictured. They were professional, personable, efficient, and enthusiastic throughout the day. What we liked most about Stephen was the way he is able to capture every special moment during the day without being intrusive. When the pictures came we were in complete awe of his work. They perfectly captured the emotion of the day and were absolutely beautiful. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 12/04/2013

Daniel · Married on 10/20/2013

We absolutely love Stephen Bobb's work -- you can feel the joy captured in all of the moments of our wedding day. An overseas friend commented, "It looks as if you hired the best photographer in the western hemisphere. We are really impressed and fascinated to be able to take part in your festivities like this." We feel the same way -- he and his 2nd photographer are worth every penny.

Stephen Bobb was the first vendor we contacted, and the last -- we had so must trust in his abilities (he had previously shot a friend's wedding so impressively) that we forgot to discuss the shotlist until days before the wedding. We weren't looking for a ton of formally posed photos, and his photojournalistic style really captures moments with a sense of awe and wonder.

Since he has worked with so many of the best vendors in the DC area, Stephen was also a great resource early on in suggesting venues, wedding coordinators, etc. He kept checking in with us and was very gracious about negotiating down services to meet our budget (we eventually added those services back in as our budget allowed).

After the wedding, we received our first 'sneak peak' photo within about 12 hours. We were absolutely amazed by the promptness as well as the quality. People constantly asked us, "Wow-- where is this? This is absolutely gorgeous!" A few weeks later, Stephen emailed us a Facebook album with the top 100 photos so we could share with family and friends. Two months after the wedding, we were able to view all the photos online to order, and received a beautiful woodcut USB drive with high-resolution quality files.

As a former wedding photographer and a network TV professional, I was extra critical of hiring a talented photographer to capture our 'rustic' winery wedding -- but Stephen Bobb went above and beyond. If you can afford it, hire him as soon as you can!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Heather · Married on 08/24/2013

The most important vendor selection for me was our photographer. Pictures are forever and I wanted to be sure that we selected someone that would really capture the day for us and also someone that we would enjoy spending the entire day with. I found that photographer in Stephen Bobb. I saw photos Stephen had taken of another wedding at our venue (Hotel Monaco, where he is a preferred vendor), so I reach out and set up our initial meeting. I had multiple appointments set up with potential photographers, but after meeting with Stephen I canceled the remaining appointments – I knew we had found our photographer. Not only are his photographs beautiful but he is a joy to work with. The package he offers covers everything you need and isn’t overpriced. Every email or phone call with Stephen was professional and helpful. We took our engagement pictures by the Tidal Basin and on Capitol Hill. Stephen was able to get some amazing photos that made it look like we were the only ones at these locations, even though there were people everywhere. On the day of our wedding, Stephen and his second shooter Andrea showed up on time and ready to shoot. We got all the photos we needed at the hotel before walking to the church. Stephen and Andrea hung tough as we made our way through pedestrian packed sidewalks and crossed busy streets, getting amazing shots along the way. We even arrived at the church early because things were going so smoothly! Stephen made a point to get all the shots I’d specifically asked for (and so many more), but I never felt like I had paparazzi with me. Stephen was just quietly there capturing every moment. The whole day was fun and relaxed and I’m glad Stephen was there every step of the way. We recently got the whole set of photos and couldn’t be happier! They are so so so lovely, and bring back such special memories of our wedding day. I look forward to having Stephen capture many more milestones in our life in the future.

Sent on 09/11/2013
  • User3668167 · event on: 07/20/2013

This review may be a bit atypical because I had the pleasure of working with Stephen Bobb to photograph not my wedding or an engagement session, but my proposal itself. It may also have been the first time that Stephen was photographing a proposal and he executed it flawlessly. As important as his quality photography was his discretion! Everything went as planned and she suspected nothing -- and she said yes!
    When I was planning for the proposal, I wanted a photographer to capture it. I knew I wanted to propose in Annapolis and I surveyed the work of a number of local photographers and liked Stephen's work immediately. He was cooperative, reasonable, professional and responsive. There were a few parts to the proposal that had to happen in a set sequence, so I wanted to meet with Stephen and a cellist who also would be involved (the proposal included a surprise cello serenade). Stephen took the time to meet with the cellist and me a couple of weeks before the proposal and was great at helping me work through some of the details.
    When we approached the agreed rendezvous, I saw Stephen from the corner of my eye, but he did not make himself seen -- crucially important at that moment because that would have given it away! Stephen managed to capture the whole cello serenade, my proposal and her acceptance beautifully. My then-fiancée and I spent an hour with Stephen around Annapolis capturing some excellent photos. Stephen was great at balancing his own creativity (which itself is superb) with making our creative ideas into reality.
    We could not have been more pleased with the results. And he did a great thing by giving us a sample of the photos within two days. He provided us with a sequence of photos that we could share with family and friends and it was nice to be able to share the photos so soon after the event. His photography is exceptional and I recommend him strongly.

Sent on 11/10/2013
  • User2512024 · 2+ years ago

Stephen’s photography is stunning. His color and black and white photos captured the emotions and stories of the day. His candid photos free you from self-conscious posing that can mask the true happiness of the day. When we look at Stephen’s photos, our memories of a year of stressful wedding planning melt away. All that remains is pure joy.

He has an instinct for what is important, even in unfamiliar circumstances. He caught all of the details in the Hindu and Christian ceremonies that were important to our families. And given the logistics of the set-change in between the two ceremonies, he had to work incredibly fast. Despite the need for speed, he captured all the things that made our ceremonies unique.

Stephen is a pleasure to work with. We loved meeting him when we were looking for a photographer, and our subsequent communications with him were easy and mellow -- a welcome contrast to some other aspects of our wedding planning. He was completely amenable to all of our requests, even when we asked him to avoid the “standard” wedding shots. He is easy-going and flexible and we cannot recommend him enough. We hope to have another opportunity to benefit from his artistry and skill.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Heather · Married on 03/23/2013

We hired Stephen Bobb Photography to photograph our wedding and it proved to be the smartest decision we made through the entire planning process. My husband and I are simply blown away with the images from our wedding - when we saw the photographs for the first time were moved to tears. Stephen and his team are true artists. We never thought our wedding would look like something out of a magazine but it does. But most importantly he captured the true emotion of that day - something that people who weren't able to attend can feel as well (they were moved to tears as well.) For the rest of our lives we will look back on these images and instantly be able to feel everything we felt on that day. We will cerish these forever. Working with Stephen was a breeze and easily the least stressful part of planning the wedding.

Sent on 04/25/2013

Julie · Married on 01/26/2013

We hired Stephen when he was still with Love Life Images, but I wanted to give him credit on here for his amazing work. Stephen's pictures are real. He documented our wedding day like I remembered it. Our wedding guests were commenting on how stealth and "ninja-like" he was because they didn't even realize he was there taking pictures. We are so happy with our pictures and can't wait to get our album so we can relive our special day over and over.

Sent on 03/03/2013
  • Sonya

Sonya · Married on 10/15/2011

I am delighted to be writing the first Wedding Wire review for Stephen Bobb. Stephen was my wedding and engagement session photographer. My now-husband and I fell in love with his work while browsing through wedding albums at our venue, Bluemont Vineyard. Stephen Bobb's photographs make you feel like you're in the room with the subject. He has an incredible eye and a distinct style. Also, he is a very nice person to work with and be around. Our wedding photos are spectacular, I highly recommend looking at his work on his photography blog. I also found the studio he works with, Love Life Images, to be very professional and helpful during my wedding planning process.

Sent on 11/08/2011