Stephen Bobb Photography Reviews

34 | Takoma Park, MD

34 Reviews for Stephen Bobb Photography

Bob · Married on 09/15/2018

Couldn't be happier!!!

Stephen is fantastic! Not only does he take beautiful pictures, he's incredibly easy to work with a pleasure to be around on a day filled with emotion. He managed to be everywhere yet was never obtrusive. He scouted out terrific locations for shots and has a well-developed eye. He captured every moment of our daughter's wedding. A true professional, we give him the highest possible recommendation.

Kathleen · Married on 09/15/2018

09/15/18 Wedding

Stephen was amazing! He captured every moment perfectly, and we are so thrilled with our photos! He was so great to work with too- can't imagine having had a better photographer for our wedding!

Emma · Married on 07/07/2018

Stephen and his second photographer did such an amazing job capturing every moment of our wedding. What amazes me every time I look at our photographs, is how much more they are than just pictures. Anyone can snap a picture but it takes so much more to be able to capture the life and emotion Stephen captured in each one. From our engagement shoot to our wedding day photos, we are so lucky to have such an amazing spread of beautiful moments to treasure and allow us to relive such an incredibly wonderful time in our lives. We have received so many raving comments from our friends and family who have seen our photos about what a great job our photographers did! Needless to say, Stephen and his team are priceless! We cannot give him enough praise or thank him enough for being such a tremendous part of our wedding day. If you are looking for the best, Stephen Bobb Photography should absolutely be your choice!

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2017

We just got our photos back and WOW we are so very happy with how they turned out. I had initially reached out to Eli Turner for wedding photos and he recommended Stephen Bobb. We had met with several other photographers that just didn't have what we wanted--their photos felt stiff and staged and sad. We didn't want a videographer so we wanted a photographer that really captured all the moments of the day/night. Stephen did just that and was also an absolute pleasure to work with! I'm trying to decide now which photos to have printed and there are SO many good ones I don't even know where to begin!!

E · Married on 12/16/2017

We wish we could give Stephen 5,000 stars! He was fantastic to work with from the beginning of our wedding planning process, to shooting our engagement photos, to helping us organize all the photos we wanted taken at our wedding, through the wedding day itself. We knew our wedding photos would be absolutely stunning after seeing our gorgeous engagement photos, but we were still blown away by his ability to capture pure moments of joy and all the other emotions expressed on our, our family’s, and our guests’ faces throughout the night. All of our family and friends have said they’ve never seen such beautiful wedding photos, a sentiment with which we resoundingly agree. Not only are the photos true works of art, but Stephen also was wonderful to work with and a true professional. He was happy to reschedule our engagement shoot with just a few hours notice when the forecast changed and it suddenly was pouring. He and his assistant arrived early and stayed late the day of the wedding to ensure they could capture everything. He patiently checked off photos on the long list we provided him throughout the night and always was available. We can’t wait to create our wedding album. Look no further for the best photographer in the DC area!

Christy · Married on 09/30/2017

Stephen captured our wedding day perfectly! His photos have so much life and emotion in them; I almost feel like I am watching a video of the day when I flip through. I highly recommend Stephen to any bride or groom-to-be who is looking for an amazing photographer! From start to finish, he's been a joy to work with. Thank you, Stephen! I truly hope to work with you in the future!

Ben · Married on 09/10/2017

Stephen was great! He showed up early, stayed late, and beautifully captured the entire day. He knew just where to be at just the right time, yet was hardly noticeable and never got in the way. Best of all, the composition of the images was breathtaking. Some of the photos brought me tears of joy!

Stephen worked with our budget and provided exactly what we needed. I would highly recommend him.

Charity · Married on 09/02/2017

Stephen was so great to work with. He was easy to contact with any questions that arose and already had a working knowledge of our venue which was extremely helpful since we were planning from out of town. Neither my husband nor I are super comfortable in front of the camera but Stephen immediately put us at ease and captured so many stunning pictures of our wedding. We are thrilled with how all of our photos turned out and have received rave reviews from our family and friends as well!

Jerald · Married on 08/19/2017

Stephen and his assistant/partner Erin were all over the place in a good way. From the photos of my wife and her bridesmaids getting ready to me and my groomsmen laughing it up, they were there for every shot. They captured so much emotion from the evening and this is one instance where pictures can really tell you how the entire night went. I loved how he gave us very little direction when taking our couple shots. He let us be us and really let our love shine through and it shows through our photos. Last but not least the reception photos were so amazing. He captured the emotional speeches and the moments on the dance floor so seamlessly.

Sandy · Married on 08/19/2017

Stephen, and his assistant, Erin, were fabulous! From our first meeting right up to the delivery of the photos, Stephen was professional, responsive & knowledgeable. He was unobtrusive throughout the entire evening, yet he/they were everywhere capturing every moment whether it was the formal portraits or candid shots. And the results were spectacular! So natural & thoughtful & beautiful & celebratory! Stephen was able to beautifully capture the joy & emotion of the ceremony and the reception. The artistry of the photos definitely had that "wow" factor. All those who have seen the initial slideshow have come away with tears. Stephen has provided our family with so many beautiful visual memories of a very special day. Stephen & Erin, we are so grateful for your role in Carey & Jerald's wedding.

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2016

My husband and I had the pleasure of having our wedding photographed by Stephen in September, and we were so pleased with our experience (and the photos!). After lots of online research and a recommendation from our wedding coordinator, we contacted Stephen in late January and knew from that phone call that we wanted him to photograph our wedding. He was friendly, easy to talk to, concisely described his experience and style, and answered all our questions. As others have stated, his style is very photojournalistic, and we often wondered how he and his co-photographer that day (Andrea) got so many great pictures without being noticed (many of our family and friends commented on this too). His style is also very clever and whimsical (without being cutesy), and he obviously takes great care to capture real moments and emotions. During the year, he worked with us to determine our schedule for the day of the wedding, helped us narrow down our “must-have” pictures, and made many thoughtful and helpful suggestions. The day of the wedding he was prompt, calm, prepared for the weather (it rained, so our outdoor wedding was moved indoors last minute), and got all the pictures we wanted. We received a preview of our pictures a few weeks after the wedding while we were on our honeymoon (via Facebook) and it was such a nice surprise to see so many beautiful pictures to remind of us our special day while we were abroad. When we received our thumb drive of all the pictures, Stephen sent the drive in a beautiful wooden box with one of our pictures etched on the front! He also sent us handwritten (!) thank you notes – one for when we signed our contract, and the other when he sent the final product. It is these examples of going above and beyond that really sets Stephen apart (in addition to his phenomenal photography), and we would recommend him to anyone who wants a special time in their lives captured beautifully!

She`Keena · Married on 09/10/2016

My fiance and I hired Stephen for our engagement photos and our wedding day. From first contact everything went smoothly. Stephen answered all my questions in a timely manner and even made recommendations for shooting locations. It rained on the day our engagement photos and rescheduling wasn't a option due to the fact I had my make up professionally done and our schedule didn't allow it. Stephen made it look as if the rain was apart of our shoot. My mother had an umbrella that we were able to work into a few shots. We loved our photos! What I loved is that we were able to be ourselves, none of that pose, click, pose. We interacted as we normally would and Stephen captured some really great moments. We are so looking forward to our wedding day. If you're looking for greatness with a camera lens Stephen is your man.

Amber · Married on 11/05/2015

Stephen was amazing! I’m writing this review 3 years after our wedding... so I feel it is imperative to specify how significant that is. It means his photographs illicit the memories of our special day, they captured not just a catalog of events, but the mood and emotion. We chose Stephen because we didn’t want the cliche staged photos, we wanted something more raw and real. His photos years later remind us of exact conversations and moments throughout our wedding. Also, I’ll note we did a surprise wedding (everyone thought it was just the engagement party) and Stephen did a phenomenal job capturing the experience as our guests realized the truth. I would have paid anything for the quality photos we received, but Stephen’s prices are more than reasonable.

I could not have asked for more wonderful photographs from Stephen Bobb. He was very professional and timely with his photos. He did a great job capturing the wedding in every angle. I would certainly hire him again!

Anne · Married on 07/11/2015

Stephen Bobb has been the photographer for both of my daughter's weddings. He is an amazing professional and manages to capture all the candid moments that make the wedding day memorable. He is completely unobtrusive yet snaps the best photos that bring the events of the day to life every time you look at them. He doesn't force "gimmicky" or trendy shots but will honor requests for specific activities or locations. For instance, my daughter got married on 7/11 and he took some amazing shots of the wedding party with their free slurpies at a 7/11 store. Silly, maybe, but it made the bride and groom happy. I highly recommend Stephen Bobb to any prospective engaged couple.

• Yunyoung · Married on 10/25/2014

Every time we look at our wedding photos, we can't help but always have giant smiles on our faces. Not only because it was one of the happiest days of our lives, but also Stephen Bobb was able to capture our special day with so much care and thoughtfulness. Stephen is absolutely one of the most talented photographers out there. We met him at a wedding showcase and as we browsed through his portfolio, we were instantly hooked by the beauty of his images. His style of photojournalism really shines through in his wedding photography as he captured those intimate, candid moments. It was a pleasure working with such a professional. Stephen was very accommodating, kind, and dedicated to his craft (he crawled into some bushes to take some awesome shots!). We love our wedding photos and are so happy that we were able to work with Stephen on our wedding day.

Stephen Bobb photographed the wedding of my son and daughter-in-law four years ago. I was so impressed with his work that I contracted with him to photograph our wedding as well.

He did an excellent job for us. The pictures were outstanding, and he was unobtrusive in taking them. He was unfailingly cooperative and professional, and I would recommend him without reservation.

Ashley · Married on 09/20/2014

Stephen is a photographer that deserves 100 stars! Working with Stephen Bobb Photography was an absolute pleasure and our wedding day photos were even more perfect than we could have imagined. We've received so many compliments on all of the photos.

On the day of the wedding, Stephen Bobb Photography was professional and a joy to work with. We could not imagine a more perfect wedding and we could not imagine more perfect photographers.

Stephen's time and attention to detail is spectacular, and his kindness made wedding planning a joy and a breeze. Thank you again for making our wedding so special, Stephen Bobb Photography!

Ryan · Married on 09/14/2014

From our first meeting with Stephen, we were convinced that he had to shoot our wedding. He never once gave us a sales pitch. He was just sincere, told us some about his background as a photo journalist and how he likes to apply those principles to shooting weddings in order to 'tell the story of your day'. Honest and simple. After showing us some of his portfolio we agreed that his work spoke volumes and we were sold. We couldn't have been happier with Stephen and his assistant on our wedding day. Thank you again for telling the story of our day through the amazing moments you captured on film, er memory card.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Stephen Bobb Photography's reply:

Ryan, thanks for your review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed working together and the resulting images. I just want to clarify that I was not a working photojournalist, though I do primarily shoot in a photojournalistic style! Thanks again, Stephen

Vaia · Married on 06/28/2014

Stephen Bobb took our wedding photos last month, and he did a fantastic job. He was quick and easy to work with, and had a great sense of humor. He truly has an eye for real moments, and managed to take at least one great candid of EVERY person in our wedding party, parents and siblings. Stephen has a fantastic eye and gets beautiful shots that are filled with love but aren't sappy! They're sophisticated and somehow homey at the same time. A tough feat to pull off! We love Stephen and hope to work with him again!! I can't recommend him highly enough.

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2014

We cannot say enough good things about Stephen. First and foremost, we adore our wedding photos. He (and his wonderful assistant, Kim) took a great combination of portraits and candids. Our photos are joyful, crisp, and vibrant. Stephen edits his photos quickly too -- he delivered all of the files within a month or so of our wedding. Several friends and relatives have remarked to us that Stephen's wedding photography is the best they've ever seen.

Stephen is also just a nice guy. We found him to be a breath of fresh air on an otherwise hectic day. He was prompt, he was kind, he was calm, and he was hardworking. And unlike many wedding vendors, he was exceptionally responsive in the months leading up to the wedding.

Do yourself a favor and book him today! (We booked him a full year in advance!) We promise his services are worth every penny. In fact, we feel like it's the best money we spent in the entire wedding planning process!

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2014

Stephen was a pleasure to work with. My husband and I looked through tons of photographers and couldn't be happier that we picked him. He has great attention to detail, has a good eye for posed shots but also catches the emotions and feelings of the day. There are a lot of pictures I didn't even realize he was around for and caught on camera. His assistant, Kim, was also wonderful! I'd definitely recommend him to anyone. Can't wait to get our photo album!!

Jimmy · Married on 03/26/2014

We engaged Stephen as our wedding photographer and are extremely satisfied with his work. First, his photographs are gorgeous--they really do capture the joy that we experienced that day. We were able to work with him to think through specific shots that we were hoping to get, but by and large Stephen just took pictures throughout and capture a lot of in-the-moment action shots (which we really like a lot). Second, he was extremely flexible with time--we had a courthouse wedding and our first date was snowed out, and Stephen was very flexible and able to reschedule with us. He was also generally very responsive--there was 1 time we didn't hear back from him for a day or so, but very very minor. After the wedding, the photos were back to us in about 3 weeks. Overall, we're very satisfied with Stephen and his work and would definitely recommend him to others (or work with him again for other special events).

Elise · Married on 12/22/2013

Good photography is very important to me. For our wedding, photography was at the top of my priority list. When I was looking at venue pictures online, Stephen Bobb's photos of the Carnegie Institution were what sold me on getting married there. I looked at those photos repeatedly online and was thrilled when I learned Stephen was able to shoot our wedding.

Working with Stephen was wonderful. He reached out before the wedding to understand exactly what photos we wanted and then he made sure that he got all of our most-wanted shots during the wedding. At the wedding, he and his assistant did a wonderful job taking candid shots unobtrusively. We are so happy with the way the photos came out. They are beautiful. Plus, I love Stephen's tag line: Joyful wedding photography. Who doesn't want that?

David · Married on 11/02/2013

We really enjoyed working with Stephen Bobb. His photos are a wonderful combination of great spontaneous shots that capture the emotion of the event as well as lots of family and couple portraits that we'll treasure forever. Stephen is a pleasant, friendly guy. He was very interested in what we wanted. During the wedding, he must have been everywhere but he and his assistant never came out of the background.