Stephen Blackmon Reviews

Stephen Blackmon 5
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful Photos!!

Stephen did a wonderful job capturing all the beautiful moments of our wedding day!! He has such a natural talent at finding and shooting the perfect shot! He is also so laid back and fun to work with-he makes it super easy to feel natural!! Our photos are absolutely amazing!!! I’ve already been printing and framing for us and for our family!!! Definitely recommend him!!

Sent on 06/16/2019
    Stephen Blackmon 6
    Stephen Blackmon 7
    Stephen Blackmon 8
    Stephen Blackmon 9

Hannah Steinbeck · Married on 04/20/2019

The Perfect Photographer!

Stephen was fantastic! He was laid back, friendly with guests, and fit in with our crew so well I almost forgot he was working and not a part of the party! In fact, when my husband had a mishap and lost his ring briefly in the sand, Stephen was right next to us digging away (and captured the moment perfectly). All in all, his work captured the love and meaningfulness of the day!

Sent on 05/05/2019
    Stephen Blackmon 10
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/20/2018

What a guy!

Stephen was easy to work with and is able to adapt to anything unexpected on your wedding day. He sees little moments that he wants to capture that you would never have thought of. We loved working with him!

Sent on 11/16/2018

ashley · Married on 04/20/2018

We decided to book with Stephen after reviewing his portfolio and we couldn’t be happier with our wedding photos! Aside from being a master of his craft, he is flexible and easy to work with. We didn’t want to spend my entire wedding day taking pictures and by hiring Stephen we didn’t have to! He somehow manages to get the best pictures and you don’t even know he’s there! Book him and you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Jennifer · Married on 06/03/2017

Loved working with Stephen. He was on time, he made us feel very comfortable and the photos turned out great!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Mary · Married on 05/05/2017

We are over the top pleased with photos and services from Stephen Blackmon for our daughter's wedding in Charleston, SC! Mr. Blackmon was very personable, at ease and excels at blending into the background so that we hardly knew he was there! He produced both candid and constructed shots with unique artistic flare and expertise. Mr. Blackmon worked with us to meet our budget, adding a second photographer just for the time that we requested. All correspondence was timely and professional with easy access for payments and contracts. We are loving the Internet platform used to view and download the high-resolution photos with great ease in sharing. In short, we highly recommend Stephen Blackmon Photography!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/02/2016

Stephen was awesome and we loved his laid back style, just go with the flow kind of attitude. We booked Stephen for both our engagement session and outdoor wedding after reading his reviews online and looking at his previous work. He is extremely personal, yet professional. He makes you feel comfortable. We had a guest show up with a drone camera, and he just rolled with! I would HIGHLY recommend Stephen to anyone! The only regret we have is that we did not add the video service. Our pictures came back quickly and he has excellent communication and correspondence. Thanks again Stephen for capturing such an awesome evening! HIRE HIM, you will not regret it :)

Sent on 10/24/2016

Ashley & Perry · Married on 09/05/2016

Stephen and Cody (the second photographer) were absolutely amazing! We booked for eight hours and they were on top of everything. All of our guests, and both of us, were super comfortable with them and they blended right in. The turn around time for us was three weeks to the day and all of them are just perfect. They show our personality and there were so many! We planned our whole wedding from Chicago and Stephen was so easy to work with long distance, both through skype and email. Of all the stressful things that go into planning a long distance wedding, photography was not something we had to worry about.

We also booked the photo booth through Stephen and it was great! The digital copies made it so nice and our family loved that they could get the photos texted to them.

Could not recommend enough!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Morgan · Married on 06/11/2016

Very personable and knows what he is doing. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Kylie · Married on 05/21/2016

I am so happy that I chose Stephen Blackmon for our wedding photos! Stephen was an amazing addition to our wedding day! He arrived at least 20 minutes ahead of time, which alleviated a lot of stress for me on our wedding day. He was extremely helpful the entire time, answering any questions that I had and even locating our officiant when we needed to sign our wedding license. We received our pictures quickly, and they are amazing and exactly what I wanted! I could not be happier with how they turned out. Stephen and Cody managed to take pictures of everyone throughout the night, without me even noticing they were there most of the time. I would recommend Stephen Blackmon to anyone looking for a photographer. I am so thankful we had him there on our big day!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Anna · Married on 04/02/2016

Short version: Stephen is AMAZING. Hire him. You will not regret it. Our #1 hope for our wedding pictures is that they didn’t feel stiff and truly captured the joy of the day – Stephen pulled that off effortlessly.

Long version: We met Stephen and decided to work with him before we even knew when/where we were getting married. We liked him and his work so much that we actually included his availability as one of our requirements when considering venues. He was more than patient with us as we made the venue decision, and ended up traveling from Charleston to Greenville, SC for our wedding.

On the day of our wedding, Stephen and his second shooter showed up early to check in and take a look around the area. He scouted out some great spots for pictures, particularly our first look. He transitioned from one photo site to another, and from one group of people to another so smoothly. He took charge but wasn’t pushy, and he did a great job of keeping everyone engaged in the process. Multiple people (parents, bridal party, coworkers and friends) have told me that our wedding pictures are the best that they’ve ever seen, that they perfectly captured the mood of the day, and that Stephen himself was a blast to work with.

Stephen went above and beyond in every way. He kept us from falling behind on our timeline, helped rebuild our ceremony arch when it fell over (TWICE!) and did it all with a smile on his face. You could not ask for a better photographer for your wedding, and you definitely won’t find anyone better than Stephen.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Stephen is wonderful to work with and it was such a pleasure to have him be a part of our wedding day as our photographer. He was patient, flexible and fun to work with and his work is incredible. He captured the memories we will cherish for a lifetime!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Caroline · Married on 10/03/2015

Our wedding was during the "Historical rain event" on Oct 3rd 2015. I was so worried about moving everything indoors and the whole logistics of cramming everyone into the house and how the pictures would turn out with the not so ideal backdrop and low lighting. However, Stephen showed up early, snapped amazing photos of everyone getting ready, and beautiful shots of the cake and decor. He somehow got several different angles of the ceremony in our small crowded living room, and I never even saw him in there during the ceremony! He's like a camera wielding Ninja. During a brief break in the rain he was able to get amazing shots of us outside. He never asks anyone to pose or stop doing what they're doing for a photo. He moves around unnoticed and gets the most beautiful real life, in the moment shots. Could not ask for a better experience or quality of work!! We are more than pleased!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Stephen Blackmon Photo + Cinema did an amazing job. They did an excellent job directing us on how to pose when needed and also captured a ton of amazing candids. I highly recommend their services. The crew is 100% professional but also very fun to interact with, they fit right in with our wedding party.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Stephen was amazing from start to finish. The engagement photos blew us away and then he went and topped them with the wedding day photos. His eye for a shot is incredible and he is a true pleasure to work with. He is a great guy and I can't imagine there is a better photographer in Charleston. I would highly recommend hiring Stephen for your wedding photography, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Joanna · Married on 08/01/2015

Stephen (photographer) and Cody (videographer) were excellent.
    Stephen really captured the moment with many action shots, and blended them perfectly with posed photos. Stephen, Cody and the rest of their crew blended seamlessly into the crowd that you didn't know they were there. The photo booth was a big hit and everyone enjoyed it. We would highly recommend Stephen Blackmon Photo + Cinema!!!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Rachel · Married on 04/25/2015

Stephen and Cody were so amazing to work with. We were beyond impressed with our photos. They were so much more creative than the run of the mill shots. These two definitely know what they are doing. We were a little shy and awkward doing our engagement shoot and Stephen still managed to get many great shots. They are fun, personable, professional, and above all, make you feel comfortable being yourselves. I highly recommend getting the videography + photography package because this is something you will hopefully cherish for a lifetime. We have watched our video many times already! Stephen and Cody are worth every penny!!!! LOVE THEM!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Gus · Married on 10/16/2014

Stephen and his team are the epitome of professional photography services. Their unique style and attention to detail make for photos that will capture the moments of your special day in a way that will bring them to life over and over for years to come. Stephen and his team's laid back personality and easy going approach to their craft make for an enjoyable, stress-free experience. Our guests commented many times on Stephen and his team's ability to capture so many moments while never being "in the way". My wife and I loved having Stephen and his team photograph our wedding and would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Sabrina · Married on 08/09/2014

My husband and I could not be happier with the services provided by BlackDeer Media! The photos were absolutely amazing and helped me relive that wonderful day to the point that I had tears in my eyes. It was easy to choose them as we instantly connected with Stephen when we first interviewed. Working with Stephen was a dream and he listened to all of my picture requests. He made taking the family pictures the day of easy and stress free. He sent us teaser pictures while working the over 500 pictures that where taken. I would recommend them to all of my friends - hopefully they plan on getting married in Charleston because I don't think there exist a better photographer to work with! Thank you so so so much for capturing our special day so well!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Tally · Married on 05/03/2014

I cannot speak highly enough about the skill, professionalism, and creativity that both Stephen and Cody bring to their work. We were astounded by how breathtaking the photographs AND video turned out, after seemingly effortless performance by them and their team. I am extremely picky (as is my husband) about the quality of still photography and cinema, and we were both blown away not only by how gorgeous and thoughtful the products were, but also how wonderfully easy and fun they were to be around! We felt like they both captured the personalities of everyone involved (particularly our children) and their sense of humor brought out the best in all of us. I recommend both Stephen and Cody without hesitation -- and there is no better value in all of Charleston County!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Laura · Married on 04/19/2014

Stephen is INCREDIBLE!!! He was on his game for the entire night and all of his shots were amazing. We requested mostly candids, as we aren't really into the generic posed pictures. That was literally our only request, and it was like Stephen read my mind--everything was absolutely perfect. We got our pictures back from both our engagement shoot and wedding day much more quickly than I expected. And Stephen is so personable, too--he has an awesome sense of humor and everyone had a lot of fun with him while we were taking pictures. He was quick to answer any questions we had and stayed in touch during the whole process. I couldn't be happier with our experience and pictures.

Sent on 05/10/2014

Kristan · Married on 03/01/2014

These guys are amazing!!! They did our engagement pictures, my bridal portraits, and our wedding. These guys totally captured these events in ways I never thought possible. I look at these pictures and I relive the most amazing year of my life. I will cherish these pictures forever. I could never thank you guys for this. There was never any doubt who I would use for these events as I have watched a few of my friends use them. I think this may have been the person I contacted not long after I called my Mom and told her I was engaged. I sincerely thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for the amazing job! And I will definitely recommend you guys to everyone!! and I will see you again! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 03/24/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2013

Can I give Stephen 10 out of 5 stars? If I could I would. From the beginning Stephen was great to work with-very friendly and prompt in answering e-mails. The day of he was apparently there taking the most amazing pictures but I never felt like he was "in the way." He had great ideas for our bridal party pictures and with our adventurous bridal party we took a little trip to get some really fun shots near the waterfront. His use of color is phenomenal and all of our pictures are vivid. My favorite aspect of his photography, however, was his ability to capture the emotion of the day. I was able to relive the day and feel the emotions just through looking at the pictures. Everyone that we have shown thus far has raved about the pictures and I can't believe that he is not charging 3x what he is (glad he is not because we wouldn't have been able to afford him!) Stephen is an amazing photographer and I HIGHLY recommend him to capture your special event!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Ashley · Married on 09/01/2013

My husband and I were from out-of-state and Stephen was incredibly helpful through the whole wedding planning process. Especially when we needed a back-up plan in case it rained. He made sure the day was about what we wanted and never complained or denied any of our requests. We can't recommend him enough and absolutely love our wedding pictures. He is so reasonably priced for the quality of images we have from our Charleston wedding. Thanks again Stephen for helping us make our day one we will never forget!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Ashley · Married on 07/06/2013

Stephen was very easygoing and wonderful to work with. He has a great eye and takes really nice shots. I couldn't have been happier with my photos. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 07/25/2013