Stephanie Gibbs Events (Formerly Sweet Grass Events By Stephanie Gibbs) Reviews

51 | Charleston, SC

51 Reviews for Stephanie Gibbs Events (Formerly Sweet Grass Events By Stephanie Gibbs)

Mary · Married on 10/14/2017

Stephanie did a phenomenal job bringing to life the floral arrangements I had envisioned for my October wedding. She is truly talented and so knowledgeable and totally exceeded all of my expectations. Working with her was a breeze and I cannot thank her enough for making my day so special and beautiful. Countless people have mentioned that my flowers were some of the prettiest they've ever seen at a wedding. Stephanie is awesome!!

Jan · Married on 02/25/2017

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Stephanie on the flowers for our daughter's wedding. Her creativity and vision were evident from the start. She designed and executed a flawless floral and greenery plan, transforming a plain ballroom into an elegant and breathtaking room. When our wedding budget ran away from us, she found ways to cut or substitute without losing any of the vision. From the massive hanging ceiling greenery to the bridal bouquet, the attention to detail was evident. She was professional and reliable and I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Anna · Married on 02/18/2017

Stephanie was absolutely amazing and my flowers were gorgeous! She was so fun and easy to work with!

Debbie · Married on 05/24/2015

Stephanie is a VERY talented event planner and floral designer. In several meetings with my daughter and I, Stephanie clearly understood the vision that my daughter wanted for her wedding and seamlessly created them for her. She confirmed with vendors ahead of time and coordinated them perfectly the day of. There was nothing for us to do except relax and enjoy which we DID! The flowers, decor, and layout matched the feel of the venue. The wedding day ran smoothly due to her detailed timeline. Stephanie will be coordinating my younger daughter's wedding is just 4 months. I can't wait to see what she does for Betsy!

Laura · Married on 05/02/2015

Stephanie is absolutely AMAZING. She is extremely helpful, knowledgable and very reasonably priced for the services she provides for brides prior to and on the day of their big day. I absolutely love working with her.

Erica · Married on 03/07/2015

WOW! Stephanie is absolutely fantastic and is truly a one-stop shop! Stephanie provided day-of coordination, florist and décor for our wedding at The Stony Landing House in Old Santee Canal Park. She made the entire process so seamless and she is super organized and detail oriented to ensure we didn't miss a thing. She listened to what we wanted and guided us to vendors (caterer, rentals, etc) who matched our vision and personality. Our family and friends are still talking about how amazing Stephanie was. Without a doubt, she was the single, best investment and value we made throughout the entire planning process! Hands down, I would give Stephanie my highest recommendation for any bride-to-be.

Mary Hughes · Married on 10/24/2014

Stephanie Gibbs was so very helpful and was ready when there was a problem and solved it, like bridesmaid dress problem and things we forgot she was prepared! Did beautiful flowers that were just what my daughter wanted! Would definitely recommend her to anyone!

I used Stephanie as both my wedding planner and my florist. She was incredible. She really went above and beyond over the course of the weekend - dropping things off, picking things up, taking pictures of set up to make sure I was happy. Everything was beautiful! She really knows what she is doing; the room looked fabulous and the flowers were gorgeous. She took care of everything and I had no concerns the entire time and everything went off without a hitch. She was perfect!

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2014

Stephanie made our day absolutely perfect!! She was so easy to work with and made the planning process so fun. She did our flowers for the wedding as well which were absolutely gorgeous!! I could not have asked for a better wedding planner!!

Rachel · Married on 03/28/2014

My husband and I used Stephanie with Sweet Grass Events as our Coordinator for our wedding. She came highly recommended. If I say she was a true God Sent that would be an understatement. She made everything about our wedding day so fun and easy. She went above and beyond through the planning, setting up and day of the event!! When I think of my wedding day I will think of Stephanie and how great she was to work with!! I would hands down recommend her!

Working with Stephanie Gibbs was absolutely the best decision we could have made! She was our coordinator and also did the decor and flowers for our wedding and she exceeded expectations in every way. She answered questions and helped keep things running smoothly during the planning process. She was always fast to respond and provided invaluable guidance. I don't know what we would have done without her. On the actual day of the wedding I literally didn't worry about a single thing because I knew she was on it. You're not just another client with Stephanie- she is a genuinely kind person and really cares about making your wedding perfect. On top of that her creativity for decor and flowers I think is truly where she shines. Shes such a creative person and has an incredible sense of style. She totally got the vibe for what we wanted and then stepped it up a notch! I got so many compliments on my flowers and decor. All of our guests were just blown away with the experience that she created for our wedding and I could not have been happier! Stephanie Gibbs delivered far beyond our expectations in every aspect and is really just a great person. We loved her!!

Amy · Married on 05/18/2013

Stephanie was absolutely amazing. She handled everything, including the unexpected, with the ultimate professionalism. In addition she was a dream to work with. I would highly recommend her to help any bride with any needs. She is awesome.

Katie · Married on 04/16/2013

Stephanie was our day of coordinator for our At-Home Reception, and I'm so glad that we had her. She was so wonderful and able to help with small touches that made our party perfect. She is so friendly and easy to work with! I miss talking to her already! I would definitely recommend her.

Meghan · Married on 04/13/2013

Stephanie was hands down amazing!!! She was great with working with my budget first off and so helpful along the way during my engagement. She was very easy to get in touch with, answered all my questions even though I hired her strictly for day of coordination so that was amazing of her and definitely not required since I wasn't paying her for all my hundred million questions. The day of she was so soooo awesome. She was super friendly and able to keep everyone in line and on point. She also was really great about brining me and my hubby drinks whenever we needed them and before we were even introduced she brought us a plate of the passed appetizers so we could try one of everything as well as cocktails :) for dinner she brought us both full plates and gave us some time to eat and actually get to enjoy ourselves! One of my favorite things about her, she was really good about pulling you away from people who were cornering us for long periods of time so we could go have fun and talm to other people- that was much appreciated! Overall, she's amazing and you should call her immediately if you're engaged even if its just day of coordination she will make your wedding or special event that much better!

• Megan

Megan · Married on 03/30/2013

One of the best decisions I made during the planning of our wedding was hiring Stephanie Gibbs as our day of coordinator! She was always available to answer my questions leading up to the wedding, resourceful when I forgot or needed something, and kept her cool coordinating a 300 person wedding! I would highly recommend Stephanie to any bride needing a wedding planner!

Lisa · Married on 03/29/2013

Stephanie is absolutely AMAZING at what she does! Stephanie did all of my floral arrangements and coordinated my wedding of 125! She gave me just enough control (Major Type A), but handled all of the major details herself. I was amazed at how stress-free I felt the day of the wedding. She delegated tasks to family and friends so I wouldn't have to worry about a thing! We literally only met one time to talk about the floorplan, ceremoney, and reception timeline. When I arrived to the venue, everything was set up just as I had invisioned! Stephanie always kept a calm and collected demeanor! Her floral designs were GORGEOUS!!! She has truly found her calling as a wedding planner and floral designer! I feel so blessed to have Stephanie as a good friend and will HIGHLY recommend her to any local or destination bride! She knows what she's doing, who to contact, and how to make you feel completely at ease!!! Thank you Stephanie!! I am forever grateful for the masterpiece you created!!!

Dawn · Married on 03/15/2013

Working with Stephanie was such an absolute pleasure in every way possible. It wasn't a vendor planning our wedding, it was a dear friend. I am a total 'type A' bride who was planning a destination wedding. I interviewed almost 10 full service planners and something just 'clicked' with Stephanie. She's a very down to earth, 'real' person, who just cares a lot about her clients. Throughout the entire process Stephanie was there to ensure that the day we envisioned was not only what we got, it was better! She was able to help steer us to amazing vendors and kept us within the budget we had set. Stephanie excels at the small details, and with just some broad guidelines, put together a day that our guests couldn't stop raving about. We planned the wedding from about as far away from Charleston as possible (Sydney, AU) and could not have done anything without Stephanie. Even though distance prevented us from talking for long periods of time, Stephanie was always a step ahead of our thoughts. And the decor, we cannot say enough about how creative, artistic, and resourceful she was. She also did our flowers, which ended up being one of my favorite parts of the day! It was perfection defined. We can't recommend her enough!

Heather · Married on 11/17/2012

Sweet Grass Events and their staff helped our wedding flow very smoothly. Everything turned out perfect, I would definitely reccommend Sweet Grass Events to anyone in need of a wedding or party planner.

Lindsay · Married on 11/17/2012

Awesome! Highly recommended. Stephanie went above and beyond what we expected and then some. She was very diligent and even kept in touch throughout the night and day with updates from the Weather Channel! We hired her for "day of" which was wonderful and much, MUCH more than what other "day of" planners had promised us.

Hanna · Married on 10/12/2012

Stephanie was an absolute pleasure to work with!! She has lived in the Charleston area through out her life and has made wonderful contacts. If you have a vision, or even if you don't, Stephanie will make sure your day is perfect from every aspect. She is a florist, a designer, a planner and a great friend. I only wish I could do it all over again with her - I truly had the most magical wedding day -- even my husband admits that she was WELL WORTH the money spent (and that's coming from a man!). Hire her -- I promise, you will not be disappointed!

• Halley

Halley · Married on 09/29/2012

Can't say enough nice things about Stephanie - she went above and beyond to make our wedding day so memorable. Having Stephanie by my side running the show gave me such peace of mind! If I had to do it all over again stephanie would still be be apart of my wedding and I can't say that about all my vendors.

Joyce · Married on 09/15/2012

Stephanie was personable, knowledgeable, professional, enjoyable to work with, caring, organized,efficient, and has outstanding attention to detail. Her people skills were top notch as she is in an industry dealing with varying personalities, emotions, expectations, etc. Our wedding was on very short notice (5 weeks). Stephanie made the short time line process not only less stressful, but enjoyable, and fun and memorable. The event far exceeded our expectations and we could not be happier. She was a delight to work with and her customer service was over the top!
    We simply cannot thank you enough!!!

Shannon · Married on 09/15/2012

Our wedding was PERFECT! I had only 40 DAYS to plan a wedding, and I (the bride) wasn't even living in the area, so finding Stephanie was an answered prayer. She was very responsive to my ideas; she picked up on my vision and preferences very quickly, even the unusual ones (like the classical music concert in lieu of dancing). She was EXCELLENT with my very detail-oriented mother, even when my mother and I changed around a lot of things that Stephanie or we had already planned--the location, the schedule, the number of guests, table-seating, and so forth (and remember, all of our changes were happening with less than a month before the wedding day!) Stephanie was fine with the adjustments, but she also had the courage to voice her concerns or thoughts, which was helpful.

I love that Stephanie is down-to-earth and not at all pretentious. I felt comfortable talking to her and found her to be very pleasant. Also, she will do an excellent job taking care of you throughout the whole process. For example, when I had to leave a meeting early, she made sure to get my mom to a soccer game and even loaned her a bleacher seat and umbrella! Such great service, above and beyond expectations! Stephanie also responds quickly to emails and phone calls throughout the process and she does an excellent job keeping everything on track the day of the wedding--without appearing stressed! Rather, she is there as a friend and supporter who you hardly notice (she doesn't draw undue attention to herself), she just appears whenever you need her or quietly reminds you that it's time to cut the cake.

I can also say that Stephanie knows her stuff and has great familiarity and vendor contacts in the Charleston area. She is a do-it-herself person, so she handled all the flowers, programs, and decor for us and everything was perfect. The flowers were gorgeous.

Really, we could not have been happier! After only 40 Days of planning, we had the wedding beyond our dreams—Thank you Stephanie!

Bill · Married on 09/15/2012

Stephanie was absolutely outstanding. She was so helpful. We would never have gotten everything done. And the wedding was the best I've ever been to. And Stephanie was the key in making everything happen. I would highly recommend her.

judi · Married on 06/10/2012

As the mother of the bride, I was more than pleased with the services Stephanie, owner of Sweetgrass Events, provided. This was a destination wedding for us and Stephanie allowed us to enjoy our time with family and friends rather than worrying about wedding coordination. She also has connections and knows quality vendors.
    Everything was beautiful and well coordinated. As I have said to many people, all we had to do was show up! Thanks Stephanie. This was a very memorable experience-which it should be!