Stef Elizabeth Photo Reviews

50 Reviews for Stef Elizabeth Photo

• Katy

Katy Smalley · Getting married on 06/20/2021

Amazing Photos!

When looking for a photographer we found a lot of stiff poses and photos that looked overly edited, so we were overjoyed when we found Steph! We just got our engagement photos back, and I can’t wait for her to do our wedding! She immediately put us at ease, and we had so much fun at our engagement shoot! Nearly every comment on our pictures we’re friends and family saying how natural and happy we looked- no stiff poses here! Or they commented on the GORGEOUS way Steph captured the sunlight in all our photos! I can’t say enough good things, I highly recommend Steph Elizabeth Photos!

Sent on 06/17/2020

Stef Elizabeth Photo's reply:

Katy, I'm so happy to hear that you and Alex enjoyed your photos! You guys were so much fun to work with and I'm looking forward to documenting your day!

Kara · Married on 03/21/2020

Amazing and Great To Work With!

We booked Stephani Elizabeth Photography for our wedding and engagement photos and I’m so glad we did. I really love candid style photos and when I saw Stephani’s gallery I knew right away that she’d be the perfect fit for our wedding! Her photos are so colorful and have such life to them! I really wanted photos that looked natural and not overly posed, so I was very excited to have her as my photographer.

When we first started looking for photographers, my fiancé and I had a lot of questions with how the process works and Stephani was very good with answering any and all questions. She is personable and punctual when it came to our initial meeting and for our engagement session. Always very communicate, which I really appreciated.

When it came to doing the engagement photos, Stephani made the session very fun and easy! I’m not good with getting my photo taken, so I was nervous at first, but her style of taking photos quickly made my nerves go away and the results were fantastic! We both look natural and happy. I would definitely recommend Stephani to anyone who wants a great photographer and she absolutely delivers. I’m really looking forward to her taking my photos for my wedding!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 02/29/2020

The BEST Photographer for US!

I spent so much time stalking photographers and galleries online, and thought I "knew" who I wanted to use for my upcoming wedding. After reaching out, and looking at some photos from my space, I was less than thrilled with their work.
    My friend found Stephani Elizabeth Photography, and after our first coffee date, I knew I had found my photographer. She sent me galleries of my venue from past weddings that she has shot, and I fell even more in love with her work.
    Fast forward a few months, and we did our engagement photos. I sent her a curve ball with, "I want to shoot at my barn with my horse and dog. AND I want to shoot at a festival." After 24 hours of our shoot, I had a sneak peek gallery of about 25 photos, and less than 2 weeks I had the rest of my gallery of over 100 perfect photos.
    I can't be more excited to have Stephani shoot our wedding in February.
    Any brides looking for an amazing local photographer, should definitely look into Stephani Elizabeth Photography.

Sent on 08/06/2019

Stef Elizabeth Photo's reply:

Thank you so much Erin! I enjoyed our unique shoot with you and Brian and I can't wait to shoot your winter wedding. I know it will be spectacular!

Alison · Married on 11/02/2019

Great experience and great photos

I decided to book Stephani after seeing her beautiful, vibrant photos online, and I am so glad I did! I instantly fell in love with our engagement photos. She was able to capture us as a couple. Stephani was great to work with. She made us feel totally comfortable during the engagement session. Her photos are truly authentic.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Stef Elizabeth Photo's reply:

Alison, it was so great to meet you and Chad. Thank you both again for putting up with the rain and cold! I'm so glad you enjoyed your engagement photos and I'm looking forward to shooting your wedding :)
  • Sarah

Sarah Prentice · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing!!!!

Stephani was an absolute dream to work with! She made us feel so comfortable during our engagement shoot! I loved the candid and artistic look of her work and I loved how she showed the love my fiancé and I have for each other! I cannot wait for the wedding and to see what she captures that day!!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Stef Elizabeth Photo's reply:

Sarah, it was great meeting you and Chase and finding fun places around the race track to shoot. I'm super excited to document your guys' wedding day! Getting closer and closer now :) Thank you both for being awesome clients!

Elizabeth Otting · Married on 09/07/2019

Awesome experience with Stephani!

I was so overwhelmed when looking for a photographer because there are so many choices out there. Stephani's photos really stood out among all the photographers I was looking at because they had a real genuine quality to them. They weren't stiff and posed, but seemed to capture the couples' authentic personalities. And that was exactly the result we got when we saw the photos from our engagement shoot with Stephani! Her photos really captured us being ourselves. And she did a beautiful job of using the colorful fall foliage to create interesting backgrounds to the photos while still keeping us the main focus of each shot. We absolutely love them! Not to mention, it was super cold the day we did the photos, but you wouldn't have any idea we were freezing when looking at the pictures! She kept us engaged with prompts that kept me distracted from the cold and kept both of us distracted from the camera so we could interact like we normally do. Plus, Stephani has been great to work with logistically. She is always so quick to respond, is very professional, and has been so helpful throughout the process. I would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Stef Elizabeth Photo's reply:

Elizabeth, thank you so much! I enjoyed our session and I'm glad I was able to distract you and Matt from the cold as well! I'm very glad you both enjoyed the photos and I'm looking forward to documenting your wedding day :)
  • Annie

Annie Reich · Married on 08/17/2019

Beyond amazing!

I cannot say enough good things about Stephani! She was super easy to contact, always open to answering our questions and was really patient with mine and my fiancé’s crazy schedules. Working with her in person was even better and she made the session so much fun! She came up with fun prompts and questions to get a reaction out of us so she could capture a real genuine smile/laugh/hug/etc. She is amazing at positioning you in natural light settings so the light hits you just perfectly. Working with her made my cheeks hurt because I was smiling and laughing so much. She is extremely creative and when we got our engagement session photos back I almost cried because she did such a beautiful job at capturing our relationship. I will cherish her pictures for years! Would recommend her to everyone!!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Kathryn Bozell · Married on 08/01/2019

Best Photographer Ever!!

Stephani was absolutely incredible, our pictures came out perfect and were ready to view before we even returned from our honeymoon. Before the wedding,she offered us a very detailed brochure and contract, so we knew exactly what to expect and what plan would work best for our wedding. Despite how camera shy my husband and I are, she was able to capture amazing poses and angles without anything looking forced or awkward. She shipped us the complete USB of our photos within a month of getting married in the cutest personalized wooden box. Perhaps most surprising is how low her fees are given the excellent quality of her work; i couldn't believe she wasnt charging double given the high quality of each picture. We opted to only have one photographer as our wedding was incredibly small, and she was still able to get every angle and photo we wanted working alone- even during the ceremony! I highly recommend her to anyone looking for an incredible photographer without breaking the budget.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Samantha · Married on 05/26/2019

I spent a lot of time searching for wedding photographers and it was something that I didn't want to settle on, I'm so happy I went with Stephani. I just got back my engagement photos from Stephani and my fiancé and I absolutely love them! They are so natural and the photoshoot felt natural. Stephani was great to work with and super flexible and laid back which eased both of our nerves. My fiancé and I have very busy schedules, on top of working opposite shifts and she was great working with our busy schedules. She was even willing to drive up to Cincinnati for a 6am photoshoot! Her pricing is so reasonable for both the wedding package and her travel fees! I would highly recommend her to anyone. I can't wait to see what she is able to capture at our wedding!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Stef Elizabeth Photo's reply:

Samantha, it was wonderful to meet you and Joel even at 6 a.m., haha! You and Joel were so easy to work with and I'm happy you both enjoyed your engagement photos. I'm so looking forward to creating a beautiful set of wedding photos for you next year!

Shela · Married on 12/08/2018

Stephani is absolutely wonderful to work with! We initially booked her because we loved her bright and beautiful aesthetic, and reasonably priced packages. She had great knowledge about locations to shoot. She also knew how to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and had great prompts to draw out our natural reactions for great photos. Our engagement photos turned out sweet and natural - we'll keep looking on them to cherish over the years.

Sent on 09/19/2018
  • Ian

Ian McDowell · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing photographer! Highly recommended!

My wife and I were very fortunate to find Stephani online when shopping for a wedding photographer. My wife and I lived in Atlanta, GA at the time when we located Stephani. We met with her in Louisville and loved her personality, kindness, explanations, softness, and confidence. She made it easy for us to explain what we hoped for. After securing Stephani it was difficult for my wife and I to get back to Louisville for the engagement pics. However, she worked around our schedule and met us on our way into town to take the photos at a park. The real craziness then happened when my wife and I moved to Barcelona, Spain about 2 months before our wedding. Life became extremely complicated. We had so many other important events going on, and we were not able to dedicate the proper amount of time to finalizing the plans for the wedding. I know the distance and lack of planning made it difficult for Stephani, but she came through despite the difficulties. She was always so kind and worked around all of our not-so-perfectly-planned events of the day. Stephani never got frustrated (at least not that I could tell). She was so helpful and professional and really helped to make sure we got all of the photos that we had hoped to achieve. My wife and I returned to Barcelona two days after our wedding, and I feel bad that I never truly had the opportunity to thank her in person for all that she did. I absolutely love my wedding photos. I had the time of my life that night and Stephani's photos captured everything so beautifully. Thank you so much Stephani. I'm sorry that I did not get to tell you that in person. I am happy to recommend your wonderful skills to anyone that wants my advice. You really are an expert at your craft, and I feel very fortunate that you photographed our wedding.

Sent on 04/09/2019

Nancy Todd · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful Wedding Photographer

We chose to work with Stephani for our wedding photographs because we loved her use of light and candid compositions. We wanted our wedding photos to feel natural and reflect who we really are as a couple. We live in California, but had our wedding in Lexington, KY. We were a little nervous hiring someone whom we had never met in person, however Stephani was really responsive and through detailed email correspondence made us feel at ease. She was flexible with our travel schedules, very professional and prompt each time we met with her. It had been some time since my husband or I had been photographed professionally, therefore we were really grateful that she offered an engagement session. Stephani was great at adapting to new locations on the fly and was creative when coaching us through the poses. She was quick at taking care of the formal group shots so that we didn't spend too much time posing for photos on our wedding day. Lastly, she captured some wonderful candid moments without being too obtrusive in the process. We are very pleased with how the photos from our engagement session and day of turned out. My husband and I were so impressed with her work that we hired her to do photos for my parent's 30th wedding anniversary. We would highly recommend working with Stephani to any bride and groom or family.

Sent on 04/14/2019

Kameron · Married on 10/26/2018

Best experience I've ever had while working with a photographer. Very professional, punctual, and creative. I loved the style and ability to make things work. Would definitely use and recommend for any event/celebration.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Carolyn · Married on 10/20/2018

My fiance and I spent a ton of time looking through photographers' galleries when we were trying to decide on a photographer for our wedding. We were drawn to Stephani Elizabethe Photography because of the beautiful candid shots we found on her website. She has a great way of capturing the moment.

Before the wedding, Stephani suggested that we take engagement photos-- primarily so that we could all get to know each other a bit better. Working with Stephani on the engagement shoot was incredible! My fiance and I were prepared to have a perfectly awkward time, but it wasn't that way at all. Stephani was prepared with fun prompts to lighten the mood and soon enough we were all laughing and having a wonderful time.

And I'm so glad that we decided to do engagement photos! The photos are gorgeous! And Stephani captured our joy and love in the most beautiful way. I can't wait to get some prints and canvases made so that I can hang them all over our house!

Stephani Elizabeth Photography is incredible and I would recommend Stephani to any couple looking for a photographer.

Sent on 12/02/2017
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Michener · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly Recommend Stephani Elizabeth Photography!

We were drawn to Stephani because of the quality of her candid photographs. We thought that they really captured the joy of the moments, and that they were a beautiful quality. Sure enough, when we received our wedding photos, we were thrilled. All of the photographs are beautiful, and we have received many compliments from friends and family. Our wedding day flew by, and Stephani was wonderful at capturing all of the little moments throughout the day. She also managed to get the group photos taken quickly so that we could get back to the wedding festivities. We highly recommend Stephani Elizabeth Photography.

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie Vaughn · Married on 07/28/2018

Vaughnstakevows

Stephani was absolutely wonderful to work with. She made the two of us and our guests feel comfortable in from of the camera, and the pictures all turned out absolutely wonderful. Her turn around time was good, and we love having the online gallery to share with our families.

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/23/2018

We are so happy to have found Stephani. My fiance and I loved her candid style photos and her use of lighting. All of her pictures are clear and focused, but most importantly she has a way of capturing the chemistry between couples. Our engagement photos were on a very rainy day and Stephani had the best ideas to photograph in the rain. We were so happy with the way they all turned out. You truly can see our love in our pictures. We are so excited to have Stephani a part of our wedding day and are so happy to have such wonderful pictures to treasure forever.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Marian · Married on 05/26/2018

My fiance and I booked Stephani for our wedding in May 2018. We just had our engagement session with her and we are blown away with her photography skills. She is so fun to work with and makes the process very easy for couples. She has an exceptional ability at capturing those special moments with her camera. Cannot recommend her enough

Sent on 11/10/2017

lindsay · Married on 05/12/2018

I chose Stephani Elizabeth Photography because I loved her candid photographs. We recently had our engagement photos with Stephani. She did a great job at making my fiancé and I feel comfortable throughout the whole process. I don’t like having my picture taken and wouldn’t say that I’m a natural in front of the camera, but Stephani kept the mood light and made the process easy and fun! She did especially well at capturing the beautiful light as the sun set and gave us wonderful scenery for our photos. I would highly recommend Stephani Elizabeth Photography, especially if you’re planning to do any outdoor photos!

Sent on 10/17/2017

lindsay · Married on 05/12/2018

Stephani was so wonderful to work with on the day of our wedding and throughout the whole wedding planning process. She was always accommodating and easy going during the entire process. We were so excited to see all of the wonderful photos! Stephani was able to capture so many incredible shots and was even able to get some large family photos for us. We had five young children in our wedding and Stephani was able to get smiles from everyone at once – which is no easy task!

Stephani does a great job at capturing natural light and making photos look and feel candid. I would definitely recommend Stephani to anyone searching for a photographer to capture their special day! Thank you Stephani!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Kassie · Married on 04/28/2018

I lost count how many photographers we looked at before we found stephani. We loved the candid shots we saw. Poses are nice, but candid shows what it is really like in the moment which was very important to us. When we contacted her she responded right away! Stephani was so easy to work with, extremely flexible, and very easy to talk to. Pictures can be very awkward, but she made taking them fun and comfortable. She took so much time to get the best shots possible.

We got married in a barn that was darker and took some pictures outside. The lighting for both was incredible. We had the most beautiful sunset pictures. There are so many amazing pictures it was impossible for me to pick my favorite ones to print to hang in our house (I ended up printing over 200!!) A good photographer for my wedding was very important to me. The pictures are a great way to relive one of the best days of your life! Stephani was the best choice we could have made and we are so happy we did!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Virginia · Married on 04/13/2018

Stephani is so unbelievably talented! We had our engagement shoot yesterday and the preview photos we've received are so incredibly beautiful. It makes me so much more excited for the wedding knowing photos will be in Stephani's capable hands!
    Update: While we haven't gotten everything back just yet, the wedding photos are absolutely stunning! It's such a treat to get a batch every so often as she finishes editing them. It's been less than two weeks and we have about 250 photos back. I'm super awkward in front of a camera and she's great at getting those perfect reactions for posed photos and even better at candids! I couldn't have picked a better photographer with all the money in the world.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Morgan · Married on 12/31/2017

I am so so glad that I found Stephani when looking for a photographer!!! With all of the minor glitches we had, a sick priest, flower girl with the stomach bug and negative temperatures- she worked her magic and our pictures are complete perfection!! I was Extremely nervous about working with Stephani being in different states however she was very responsive and easy to communicate with!! She even drove here to meet before our big day- I am so happy things worked out and Stephani was a part of our special day!!!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Taylor · Married on 12/23/2017

My husband and I could not be happier with Stephani. She did a wonderful job with our winter wedding. Very professional. She even offered to come to our venue ahead of time to look around with us. The pictures were beautiful.

Sent on 04/08/2018