Steele Canyon Golf Club Reviews

Steele Canyon Golf Club 3
Steele Canyon Golf Club 4

LaTesha · Married on 05/31/2019

Superb Customer Service

From the moment we walked onto the Steele Canyon Golf Club property we were treated with the upmost dignity and respect. Greeted instantly upon getting out of the car, and staff gave us the feeling of being very family oriented. From the 1st interaction all the way to the conclusion of the wedding, the level of customer service, consistency and attention to detail remained above all. Both Barry and Yvette were on top of everything at all times, and even helped us to keep our wedding jitters at bay. We could not have selected a better venue to hold our wedding, and if we had to do it again Steele Canyon would still be our first choice. Thank you for making our fairytale wedding a dream come true as you all are the real MVP's. If you are seeking a Beautiful venue, with excellent food and Superb Customer Service, look no more as Steele Canyon Golf Club is the best thing since sliced bread!!!!!

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Steele Canyon Golf Club 5

Leonard · Married on 10/20/2018

Great! Will recommend to all

Barry is great I had a wonderful time planning this and the packages they offer

Sent on 12/05/2018

Nornita · Married on 09/15/2018

If they are available on your date, PUT YOUR DEPOSIT DOWN NOW! And if they are not available, consider changing your date. Yes, Barry and Yvette and their entire team are that GREAT! We cannot express enough how grateful we are of this venue. They definitely made everything so breezy, so relax and so efficient. Their communication is superb, their vendors lists amazing and they are such joy to work with. They are very kind people, direct, trustworthy, excellent professional opinions and of course, beautiful venue overall. We are so lucky to be able to work with Barry and Yvette, to find this location and to work with their preferred vendors. They made everything less stressful (so important for bride and groom) and our family and friends complimented how accommodating and nice the entire staff were on our wedding day. They broke down the process from picking a package to modifying each section to making our wedding vision come true. We strongly recommend Steele Canyon Golf Club for your wedding, birthday, social events and more. You want to be working with trustworthy, kind people filled with great ideas and efficiency. If you are reading this review, you found THE ONE you found the venue you need!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Kathleen · Married on 09/15/2018

Pete & Kathleen"s wedding

We can't say enough about the Steele Canyon Golf course/clubhouse venue. It was absolutely breathtaking! Barry & Yvette were on top of everything and so accommodating! If you haven't yet, attend an open house at the clubhouse, with the wedding vendors. The recommended vendors are the best of the best! It's literally a one stop shop for all your wedding needs!! Thank you Barry for all your help, time, and effort; it was a perfect day!! Pete and I are forever grateful 😊

Sent on 12/08/2018

Dale · Married on 09/01/2018

Having our wedding at Steele Canyon Golf Club was one of the best choices we made during this whole journey. From the beginning, Barry and Yvette the wedding coordinators, guided us step by step with the wedding process. My husband and I truly appreciate all the work that went into making our special day even more special. This venue is a hidden gem. The sunset alone is breathe taking. The food from appetizers to main course was outstanding. We did not get any complaints, everyone loved it. Thank you again to Steele Canyon Team, you made our dream come true.

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Steele Canyon Golf Club 6
    Steele Canyon Golf Club 7
    Steele Canyon Golf Club 8

Leanne · Married on 08/25/2018

Barry and Evette (i love these guys!) have been very helpful on everything from the day we sign up to the day of our wedding! We get to go on their “open houses” to see and talk to their vendors. See all the samples of their table arrangements. Their vendors are all nice and they are all helpful!! I love this place!! I love the vibe, and the clean and well maintained environment. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a wedding venue. They got everything in their packages that are helpful to those who are in budget! Best believe if you need anything, they will be there to help you!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Megan · Married on 10/14/2017

Barry, event manager, was very responsive and always made me feel at ease. The day of was perfect. Everything was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the wait staff was exceptionally attentive.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/26/2017

The venue is absolutely beautiful. The staff always have smiles on their face and are very helpful. Barry was amazing. We planned the wedding from Arizona. Barry was very accommodating with our schedules and always responded to our emails and calls in a timely matter. I don't know what I would have done with out him. He has over 20 years experience with weddings and knows it all. He made my western theme wedding come alive. Highly recommend this venue to everyone! They also do events so when the time comes we will be having our baby shower there!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Mary · Married on 07/23/2017

We recently had our wedding @ Steele Canyon Golf club. It was simply fabulous. Barry handled every detail & made sure it was perfect. His attention to detail put my mind at ease. All of our friends said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. The only thing we wish we didn't like is that it had to end! Everyone should get married here! Thanks so much for everything!!!! We are truly beyond pleased!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Coree · Married on 06/10/2017

The views of Steele Canyon Golf Club are something that cannot be beat. My husband and I had looked at many wedding venues before looking at Steele Canyon and once we saw this place, we booked right away. We loved that the ceremony location and reception were near each other. We wanted a clean open look that we could do what we want with, and this definitely offers that. We were able to transform the venue into our nature/ national park theme and it turned out amazing. This venue doesn't need much decoration but it allows for some nice details to be added to make it your own. It was also nice because the guests were able to see us running out to take some golden light photos so it never felt as though we were completely gone to take photos. You are also supplied with a golf cart to go out on the course and fine all different kinds of scenery. You are sure to find the look you want for pictures. Barry, the wedding coordinator, is amazing. He allowed us to customize anything we wanted and he is very prompt with communication. The day of the wedding, literally nothing went wrong even though many people told us things always go wrong. I owe a lot of that to Barry and his organization :] Also, the food is AMAZING. All our guests talked about how great the food was and still are talking about it today. If you are looking for an open venue with amazing views (plus sunset views from the deck) BOOK STEELE CANYON FOR YOUR WEDDING.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Samantha · Married on 04/02/2016

The setting and views at Steele Canyon are unbeatable. There are different ceremony options and so many locations around the golf course providing one of a kind photos so your day feels special comparing to no other! Barry & his team were phenomenal. Years of experience provided so many valuable ideas that I would have never come up with even with an outside wedding coordinator. Guests are still commenting that this is the best venue in town!!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Liz · Married on 07/18/2015

Steele Canyon was the very first venue my now husband and I looked at, we fell in love with it! Victoria gave us a quick tour and sat down with us to go over the venue booklet. She was awesome! Very sweet and gave us exactly what we wanted. Barry was also amazing! He went over the final touches with me and my parents, we was so kind and listened to everything we said! After the meeting I had a few questions and requests that I sent his way and he was quick to respond and accommodating! The day of the wedding there were thunderstorms in the morning ( which never happens in San Diego! ), my mom and sister in law went to put the final touches on the table and Barry was so nice to explain to my mom what they were going to do if it rained again and where they were going to set up the buffet. It was fantastic! Everything went perfect! I loved every minute of the reception and was so happy! Thank you, Steele Canyon!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Tricia · Married on 07/17/2015

Barry, our wedding coordinator was amazing. From the first time I communicated with him until the actual wedding, he was very helpful and available to answer any questions. We had to plan my daughter's wedding from the East Coast and what could have been a nightmare was a dream come true, because of Barry and the beautiful venue setting. We were not disappointed with anything, from the set-up, to the food, to the view, to the weather, my daughter's wedding was just what we hoped it would be.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Debbie · Married on 04/10/2015

Everything about Steele Canyon is a cut above! From Event Coordinator, Barry Rice, to the FABULOUS food, to the quiet and beautiful surroundings (that make for some gorgeous wedding pictures!) – Steele Canyon exceeds all expectations! We had our Rehearsal dinner there, too!

We were treated like family every step of the way and will treasure the memories always – we’ll be back for lunch, Barry!

Planning my daughter’s wedding at Steele Canyon was a pleasure from start to finish and oh, what a finish! Steele Canyon gave my daughter and new son-in-law the wedding of their dreams.
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Steele Canyon for your wedding venue! Check them out – you’ll be glad you did!

Sent on 04/25/2015

Jordan · Married on 04/10/2015

I don't even know where to start... Barry at Steele Canyon literally MADE our wedding! To be honest, I don't think he told us "no" to a single thing we ever asked for! He is so fun, has a way of de-stressing you by making you laugh, and ALWAYS makes you feel like he has everything taken care of. He was flexible with our menu, our seating arrangements, or "plant selection"- I have a thing against green potted plants... I'm not sure why, but he ran with it! He let us stop by whenever we needed with whatever vendors we needed. My husband and I felt like he was our friend helping us plan our wedding, not just a venue coordinator. Our wedding came off BEAUTIFULLY, and I will be always thankful!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Rachelle · Married on 12/13/2014

Our wedding coordinator Barry was great. The wedding was everything we expected and more. The reception area is really nice. We love the fact that is it open and people get to go out to the patio area to get some fresh air. The food was very good. Everybody had a great time. People can't stop telling us how our wedding turned out really nice....the best wedding they have ever been.
    We also had our rehearsal dinner at the restaurant. Barry accommodated us and even set up a special menu for us and our bridal party. Overall, our experience with Steele Canyon Golf Club has been amazing. They took care of a lot of things for us and we didn't have to stress about having too many vendors.
    Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Kathy · Married on 07/19/2014

We hosted our daughter’s wedding at Steele Canyon and it was fabulous! We had many compliments regarding this venue and many “how did you find this place?”. Fortunately, we live in Rancho San Diego and were aware of Steele Canyon. The beauty and privacy of Steele Canyon make it a unique wedding location in San Diego County. The affordable cost allowed us to provide transportation for our guests staying downtown. The service was fantastic and the food was great. We used Barry’s preferred vendors: Jasmine Creek Florist, Electrifying Entertainment, ABM Photo, Touch D’Elegance linens and Photo Box. The result was a perfectly orchestrated evening! My only complaint is that it ended too soon!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Maxine · Married on 06/14/2014

We give Barry and his staff at Steele Canyon Golf Club 5 stars for our wedding! Barry was absolutely amazing. SC has a lot to offer with its amazing views and airy pavilion, but what we loved most about SC is BARRY RICE, the manager. Barry was available and helpful every step of the way - from signing the contract to the day of Barry was by our side making sure everything was taken care of. We would recommend this venue to everyone - for the location, ambiance, service and staff.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Lorissa · Married on 05/25/2014

Barry and his colleague gave great service. As our wedding got closer he gave us his cell number so I could call him anytime with any questions, and I did. He answered his phone like he said and answered my question. He was very straight forward when we first met. I had a lot of questions and he got right to the point. I never sensed that he was hiding anything or had any tricks up his sleeve. He is also very flexible to do whatever he can (within reason) to make our day run smooth. He even talked to my other vendors for me to clarify the order of events. He makes you feel like more than another client

Sent on 07/14/2014

Vicky · Married on 11/09/2013

Steele Canyon is absolutely amazing! We fell in love with the venue when we visited their open house a year ago. The food is so good and a great value! The wedding coordinator, Barry, is absolutely the best! He was there from day one till our wedding day when he joined us on the dance floor for the cupid shuffle dance =). Whenever I had concerns/questions I could always call, email or visit him. He always made me feel like everything would work out and be fine and it was! Our friends and family had a blast at the wedding and are still talking about it 3 weeks later. I 100% recommend Steele Canyon. They are a top notch venue and the staff members are so professional and nice.

Sent on 11/25/2013

alicia · Married on 10/19/2013

we could not be happier with steel canyon as our venue for our big day! the ceremony, reception and food was amazing. whats even more amazing is the coordinator, Barry, he made us feel confident from day one, anytime we needed him he was a phone call away and the day of made everything run perfectly!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Jacklyn · Married on 10/06/2013

We were so lucky we were able to work with Barry! He made planning a breeze and this venue doesn't "nickel and dime" you for the small things. Our wedding was better than I imagined. The view from cocktail hour was beautiful and the staff couldn't have been better! Thank you Barry & Steele Canyon for giving us the wedding of our dreams!!!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Brian · Married on 09/28/2013

Barry and his staff were fantastic!!! The wedding went off without a single problem. Leading up to the wedding, Barry was helpful and always there to meet with us and answer our questions. He had an answer for everything and was very organized. On the day of the wedding, he was working with all of our vendors to ensure that everything went according to our timeline. The staff at the wedding was professional and extremely quick and responsive if we needed anything. I would HIGHLY recommend Steele Canyon. Also, the venue is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Heather · Married on 09/07/2013

Barry from Steele Canyon was amazing. The food was great and the venue was beautiful.

Sent on 10/04/2013