SteamPlant Event Center Reviews

14 Reviews for SteamPlant Event Center

• Trish

Trish G. · Married on 07/17/2021

Just Beautiful

Used outdoor patio area for our rehearsal dinner. Area is simply beautiful! Staff was very accommodating, pricing is reasonable and it is right on the Arkansas river. This place is a real gem.

Sent on 07/22/2021

Sherrill · Married on 09/24/2016

I am so glad we had our wedding reception here! I wanted a barn wedding or something with character. The lights and the character of the Steam Plant were perfect. Everyone here was great to work with. I was coming from out of town and Shannon made it easy to communicate via phone and email in preparation. She thought of things I didn't think of when I met with her a month before the wedding. In the end it was perfect. It was beautiful and we had so much fun! I got so many comments about how good it was and what a cool place the Steam Plant was for the reception!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Annie · Married on 08/29/2015

I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with the Steamplant staff and to have our wedding at this venue. It was absolutely perfect. The staff was well organized, timely in their responses, and truly provided great customer service. The venue was clean and beautiful! Looking back, we wouldn't change a thing! Sincere thanks for making our special day so memorable!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Jayme · Married on 12/04/2010

Work closely with Katja or the event planner. Let her know exactly what you want and they will make it happen for you!

Sent on 12/14/2010

Ashley · Married on 03/27/2010

Amazing venue and fantastic, helpful staff!! Katja and Emily were so very helpful! From the very first phone call about our interest in the venue until the very last guest left, Katja was taking care of everything for us - looking into beer and wine options, going the extra mile and setting our place cards out, set-up and clean-up and organizing the day so things went seamlessly!!! She provided us with tables and linens at the very last minute and I'm sure took care of things that I didn't even know about!!

Katja and Emily were very responsive - answered our emails and returned our calls within a couple of hours! They worked with us - listening to our ideas and providing some of their own to ensure the venue flowed.

The day really could not have been better. We had both our ceremony and reception at the SteamPlant and it was perfect. We intended to have the ceremony outside and reserved the annex just in case the weather wasn't ideal. We ended up having the ceremony inside and Katja worked hard to ensure the space did not look like a conference room.
    Linda at the bar was awesome - fast and efficient!

A very BIG and special thanks to the staff at the SteamPlant!!! We would not have done anything differently!!! You are the BEST!

Sent on 05/19/2010

Kelly · Married on 09/26/2009

Katja and the staff at the Steamplant were nothing but professional and courteous! It was such a great experience. They bent over backward to accomodate us. I would recommed it to anyone!

Sent on 05/19/2010

Maria · Married on 07/25/2009

I had a wonderful wedding at the Salida Steamplant. I had my wedding by the river and the reception in the large ballroom. Nadja was extremely helpful and went out of her way to make things easy. She had a list of caterers that lead me to a wonderful woman named Michelle Gapp. Also, there is a house a few doors down, that sleeps 10, and is beautiful.

Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/31/2011

Karine · Married on 08/23/2008

The cost also included the cost of all the wine and beer served at the event. The venue was beautiful and the setting was exceptional. If I had an issue, it was settled quickly and to my satisfaction. Every part of this experence was great.
    I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 12/06/2008
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 08/25/2012

The Steamplant Event Center was at the top of my list from the beginning to have our reception in terms of character, beauty, location and experience putting on events. The Steamplant Event Center was able to connect me with an amazing caterer and were very prompt in responding to any questions or concerns that I had. The Steamplant hosted wine and food tastings for us with our caterer as well. Their wine selection was great and they were willing to special order some of our liquor order. The bar tenders and staff were all very good at the wedding. Overall- they were very professional and flexible with our event needs. They also assisted with the rental of Riverside Park while also providing sound capabilities there as well. It went so smoothly and it was beautiful. Thank you!

The only area that I would say needs some improvement with this location is the silverware, additional glassware, possible expansion of the kitchen and upgrading of the white folding chairs. We ended up providing a buffet for our guests too because the kitchen was too small to plate meals for 130 people. There were also not enough wine glasses to have two wine glasses on the table service at the bar. We ended up renting more glasses. We also ended up renting folding chairs. I would recommend seeing the chairs, glassware and silverware before agreeing to rent them from the event center.

Thank you to the Steamplant and all involved for making this so beautiful and for making everything from planning to event staff and cleanup a wonderful experience!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Stacey · Married on 07/31/2010

The Steam Plant was great for our wedding. The were very accomodating for the size of our wedding and made every effort to make everything work. Katjia is amazing in helping plan the wedding and they were very flexible with moving tables and decorating. The location is also great.

Sent on 01/27/2011

Avery · Married on 06/26/2010

The Steamplant is a wonderful place to be married! I loved the location (since we're such river people) & the urban feel of the exposed brick inside & out of the Steamplant. I would definitely recommend the Steamplant Event Center to future brides. You get wonderful & professional service for a great value.

Sent on 09/14/2010

Kimberly · Married on 06/10/2012

Steamplant was the ideal setting for our ceremony and reception. They do have a few rules that can't be broken because it is located next to the city's property. I found the rehearsal hour to be very stressful, but the wedding day itself was a breeze!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Kristina · Married on 06/04/2010

4.2
      3.0

It was a wonderful place to have a wedding! It was a little expensive and they charge for some little things that I would have rather got somewhere else. We could not have chosen a more beautiful setting for our ceremony out in their pavillion right next to the river. We were able to decorate the eye sore of the concrete wall with great flowers and vines. They worked hard to accomodate the 200+ guests we had. The reception area, we used the ball room and converted the pavillion after the ceremony, was great they changed the pavillion quickly and we were able to get the reception started right away. I would recomend this location for any wedding, it was beautiful!

Sent on 08/05/2010

SteamPlant Event Center's reply:

4.3 stars is certainly not a bad result, but it was a little dissapointing to see that our flexibility was valued so low. The wedding was one with many changes and challenges and we accommodated all of them. We met many times with bride & groom and their family and took lots of time to listen and to help and assisit. We may may not be perfect, but everybody from our small staff works hard to make every single Wedding special.

Michell · Married on 07/04/2015

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

I worked with Beatrice and the team at the Steamplant, from early February until the day of the wedding. We loved the venue for the wedding (the plaza), the cocktail hour and the reception (in the ballroom) and the team at the Steamplant were very responsive to our needs.
    Thank you again for supporting us on our important day.

Sent on 08/16/2015