Station 3 Reviews

19 Reviews for Station 3

Station 3 1
Station 3 2
Station 3 3

Station 3 is a beautiful place to get married!

Sent on 01/14/2017

Ladies this venue is amazing! It's very charming and the beautiful natural lighting sets the tone for a romantic experience. Shellby, the venue coordinator was outstanding! I'm sure I had a million questions and changes and she was always very accommodating. I didn't have to worry about much at all before the venue provided a detailed list of services and things often overlooked during planning.
    Please check out this venue! The pictures don't do it justice at all.

Sent on 01/05/2017

Tim · Married on 10/15/2016

Kerri and team did a great job with our wedding. We spent two years planning our wedding and Kerri and team were more than accommodating. We love the details of the venue and it is unlike anything else on the market. We are so proud and happy that we chose Station 3 and would recommend it to anyone that want a great venue and with a great team to get married at.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Michael · Married on 10/08/2016

When we decided to have our wedding here in Houston all we knew was that we wanted a venue that was different from your average hotel banquet hall. We wanted something with character, something that matched our eclectic personalities and style. During our tour we knew that Station 3 was the place for us. Between the exposed brick and the rich hardwoods we felt at home there. We couldn't have been happier anywhere else. With around 100 guests it was easy to use the change out the upstairs, downstairs and outside courtyard. We love Station 3!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Kate · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband and I are native Houstonians living in Brooklyn. For our wedding, we wanted to give our guests the most authentically Houston-esque event possible. When we found out about Station 3, we knew there was no other option for us as far as the reception was concerned. The beauty of the space goes without saying, but anyone considering having their event at Station 3 should also know that the event managers (we worked with Kerri & Hayley) are all so helpful, organized, and very communicative. We did not give them an easy event (sudden, torrential downpour + lots of outside/independent vendors + fire inspectors, oh my!), and they handled it like champions. Needless to say, our guests (the majority of whom are in the wedding/events/restaurant business) were blown away.
    Thanks again for hosting everyone in safety and in style!

Sent on 06/25/2016

If you are looking for a venue with a romantic ambiance, and vintage feel, then this is the place to get married!
    I got married here in June 2016 and I must say I had the BEST day of my life! I out out-of-towners from Los Angeles, and they were absolutely wowed by the venue (even my local Houstonians) loved the place. The Staff here are so accommodating and nice--shouts out to Kerri and Hayley for all of their hard work. They have such down to earth and warm personalities--which is a definite plus in my book! The courtyard which I used for cocktail hour was so beautiful, and the upstairs views are ahhhhmazing! Everyone had a wonderful time at my wedding (ceremony & reception). These ladies are very professional and helpful.

Sent on 06/23/2016
  • nathuhbelle

Nathalie · Married on 04/09/2016

We knew from the moment that we saw their website that Station 3 was the perfect venue for us; the historic charm and beauty of the firehouse are incredible. The exposed bricks, wood floors, and beautiful lighting make it a great space. Kerri, Ashton, and Hayley were incredibly helpful from the moment that we first contacted them; they almost immediately answered any questions that we had. One of the things that we loved the most was the ability to make our wedding completely our own in terms of vendors and decorations versus a more "standard/packaged" deal that we saw other places (i.e. the pick one of these three centerpiece type locations). Our guests were full of compliments about Station 3 - it is truly a beautiful and memorable space. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 04/14/2016

Meg · Married on 01/09/2016

What can I say, we had a beautiful and intimate wedding and I am so grateful to all the ladies at Station 3 who helped us along the way (Kerri, Ashton, Hayley...hope I did not forget anyone!) From the moment we looked at Station 3 we knew it would be perfect for the wedding we were planning and the number of guest we planned on having. Whenever I had questions, I usually got a response within the next day or even sooner if I emailed! Their bar staff was also wonderful. We only wish they had a cash bar option, but we understand why they could not. It all ended up working out nicely. The day of the wedding, the coordinators did an amazing job helping the day-of coordinator with all the logistics of the night. If anything went wrong, I did not know about it! :) I can not say thank you enough, and I highly recommend Station 3 to any couple looking to find a beautiful place with helpful coordinators!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Station 3's reply:

Hi Meg,

We were so happy to be a part of your special day! Thank you so much for your kind words - it means a lot to all of us! We wish you both a lifetime of happiness!!

Linh · Married on 12/19/2015

After visiting a few other venues around Houston, Station 3 was our last stop. We almost didn't go because we thought we had already found one we liked. Well after a short tour and talking to Kerry, we immediately knew this venue was the one for us. Kerry was incredibly friendly and down to earth. She was responsive in answering our many questions. The venue was beautiful, small but intimate and exactly the look we were going for. We had our ceremony and the reception there and are so glad we didnt make our guests drive anywhere. The location is a short distance from downtown so it was very convenient to have an afterparty close by on Main St.

Sent on 02/14/2016

Katie · Married on 04/11/2015

Not only is Station 3 a unique, memorable and captivating venue, but the service and staff made my wedding planning experience that much better! We worked with Kerri from beginning to end, and she was nothing short of amazing. She was extremely helpful, prompt, responsive and a joy to work with! From choosing a date down, to my bridal session, and then execution on the day - it was all fantastic! The venue is not full-service, which could easily be very stressful, but she helped provide us with trusted preferred vendors, including my wedding planner, to help make everything go as smoothly as possible. Also, the upside of not full-service is the ability to have a very unique and custom wedding! Kerri was very flexible in helping us make our plans work in the space perfectly! She worked with my planner on the layout and other aspects of the night to make sure my reception went off without a hitch - which it did :) All my guests continuously commented on the beauty and uniqueness of the venue as well - definitely not your typical hotel ballroom or run-of-the-mill private space. The exposed brick, lighting and all of the detail that has gone in to Station 3 has truly made it a remarkable and memorable space. It also has a very nice patio that can be utilized along with views of downtown. For me, there was no where more perfect than Station 3 for my wedding reception, and I would highly recommend it!!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Lauren · Married on 03/14/2015

Got married here in March 2015 and absolutely loved it. The space is beautiful and unique and I received many compliments from my guests about it. The venue has a lot of natural beauty, so even without a ton of decorations it still looks elegant. The venue coordinator, Kerri, is really amazing. She was so helpful the day of and every day leading up to the wedding. She was always available to help, with venue-related or just general wedding related questions.

Would definitely recommend this venue for weddings or any other event. The beautiful facilities and professional staff made it a wonderful experience.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Meagan · Married on 09/13/2014

My husband and I got married during mid-September and had the wedding we will cherish for many years to come at Station 3. The venue package comes with the services of the venue Coordinator, Kerri Smelek, who is extremely professional, responsive, and the person you want to have on the day of your wedding. Luckily for us, we were able to book the date of our wedding many months in advance and secured our spot on the calendar. The venue caters to smaller groups, our wedding was right at about 130, which was perfect for the venue. The venue uses a web-based seating chart that allows for easy seating arrangements. Kerri will provide suggestions on what may work best, what she's seen done in the past, etc. Further, we were able to utilize the venue for bridal portraits which was a very unique spot as the venue is pretty much a blank canvas. The venue also allows you to bring in outside vendors, which was exactly what we were looking for as we didn't want the constraints like other venues. Because of Kerri, we had a stream-lined wedding with happy vendors, happy attendants and a happy couple! I could not rave enough about this spot. It is a hidden treasure that is unique to Houston that won't be a secret very long!!

Sent on 10/01/2014
  • Jen

Jen Coll · Getting married on 03/07/2020

Reception Venue

Very unique venue in the heart of Houston. This was my first and only group tour which turned out great because everyone asked questions that others possibly hasn’t thought of.
    They had a good vendor list and very flexible to accommodate your ideas. I could tell they were extremely experienced and suggested several alternatives layout options.

Sent on 05/16/2019

Our wedding was so beautiful and all of our guests were blown away at the uniqueness at the venue. The staff at Station 3 was very helpful, responsive and professional.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Seanna · Married on 09/19/2015

We love Station 3, Kerrie, and the girls there! They did an great job and our wedding was perfect. As soon as we saw the venue we knew it was the one for us. I loved the idea that it's pretty much open to whatever decor idea you can dream up, plus getting to chose your own vendors is great. From the get go Station 3 was more than helpful in answering in and all questions, and letting us meet vendors at the venue when we needed. Working with them was easy and I wasn't worried about a thing. Everything worked out perfectly and the day of our wedding was a success. I had SO many wedding guests say how much they loved the venue and everything about it. We did too! Thanks Station 3 for making our wedding day so special. We couldn't recommend you more!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Cory · Married on 07/28/2018

Unique, wonderful venue! I am so excited we chose to get married here. We loved the brick and hardwood floors. It was really great to get married close to downtown, because out-of-town guests really enjoyed getting to visit Houston. I also really liked that the dancing was on a different floor from dinner so it encouraged our friends and family to keep dancing all night. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Karli · Married on 09/16/2017

3.0

Beautiful and unique venue! The staff is super friendly and on top of their stuff. The only complaint I have is the cost of the packages. For example, the bar itself is expensive and by the time you add in the mandatory gratuity and bar staffing (two separate fees), you're paying almost as much for the alcohol as you are for the venue. We spent about $4,000 on alcohol for the basic beer, wine and liquor package. On top of that, you have to rent all of your bar glasses.

Overall, our wedding turned out beautiful and I wouldn't have had it anywhere else!

Sent on 10/07/2017
    Station 3 4
    Station 3 5
    Station 3 6

Matilde · Married on 08/28/2015

Fell in love with the place, and the staff were fantastic! As helpful as they could be! Answered promptly, and were always willing to give a hand. My guests loved every bit of it. They felt it was very unique, and the aura was spectacular. I wouldn't change it!

Logistically, a little more difficult than I expected. You are only allowed to set up an hour before your event which meant I had to pay for people to set up. I also had to pay extra for the time these people needed. This incurred cost not originally planned. (Some venues, if they have no other events booked, let you come in and set up earlier). Also, their drinks package changed during the year from when I first saw the place which made it more expensive and less drinks were available than originally expected. (One of the reasons I chose the place was their cash bar after the open bar package ended. The cash bar has been removed). You really need to have a coordinator or someone other than your fam helping for this one. This is what I ended up doing, but it was not in my original budget.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Station 3's reply:

Matilde,

Thank you so much for the feedback from your Wedding Reception and we truly do appreciate the kind words about our staff. We are sad though to hear that you were unhappy with the logistical side of things as we always strive to provide the most positive experience for each of our clients.

We would like to address these concerns as there may have been confusion on how we operate as a venue. We offer both an 8 hour and 10 hour rental for Receptions on Friday nights and it is up to each client as to how much time they would like to have access to the venue when they sign their contract. This time is for the setup time, event time and teardown time. You are allowed to then use those 8 or 10 hours any way you choose. We do not stipulate how many of those hours are allocated to setup vs. event time as it is different for each event. As you mentioned, we do offer an hourly “add on” option if you decided that you need additional time over what you had originally contracted as we know unforeseen changes can occur during the planning process and often times our clients realize that they need more time for setup then initially thought.

As for the Bar Packaging changing from the initial date of contract signing this is also correct. The Bar Packaging did change from 2014-2015 but we did make sure to honor the old pricing from 2014 for you as this was when you signed your contract. It is also correct that we did remove the Cash Bar option for all weddings as a blanket policy change as we found that logistically it did not work well for the clients who had used this for their weddings in the past and we did not want to continue to offer an option that did not leave guests happy in the end.

We thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and hope to use this information to help improve communication with future brides.

1.0
      3.0
      2.0

Make sure you hire a wedding coordinator. This is not included in the cost.

Sent on 05/06/2016