Starlight Wedding Films Reviews

23 | Sugar Loaf, NY

23 Reviews for Starlight Wedding Films

23 Starlight Wedding Films Reviews

Kristen · Married on 09/22/2018

After hearing from several friends that they regretted not hiring a videographer for their weddings, we decided to give it a go. We were referred to Starlight Productions from another company who'd shot my friend's wedding, but was unavailable on our day. What a happy accident! From the initial outreach, Bill has been nothing short of reliable, professional, and just an all-around pleasure to deal with. Beyond being very organized about day-of logistics, he even gave us some great general tips about our wedding venue, having shot there before. On the big day, Bill went above and beyond, staying through the entire night (well past our photographer) amid a packed, rowdy dance floor! Seeing our preview video brought back all the emotions from the day, and even revealed moments to us that we didn't see ourselves at the time. Bill seemed to be everywhere at once! We can't wait to see the rest of the footage, and know it'll be thoughtfully and skillfully done. The icing on the cake is the very reasonable pricing! Trust me, you will not regret choosing Starlight Productions for your big day. THANK YOU BILL!!!

Janice · Married on 08/25/2018

Beyond THRILLED that we hired Starlight Video last weekend for my daughter's wedding! Bill was AMAZING - arrived early, stayed to end and quietly video taped this special day. Two days after..he shared a few festive pics which I was so excited to receive. Yesterday I received the video preview WOW - can not wait for the final product. What a wonderful experience. THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Brendan · Married on 04/28/2018

Amazing!!!

The moment we met Bill, we knew we had to have him be a part of our special day. Bill made us both feel extremely comfortable and was in constant communication with us leading up to our wedding day, making this whole process less stressful. The day of our wedding, Bill and Jeff were there will us every step of the way, from getting ready, to the first look, to the church and finally the reception!!! They were both very professional and we couldn't have asked for a better team! A few days after our wedding we received a sneak peak!!! It was amazing and we could not wait to see the final copy!!! Our final copy was absolutely perfect!!! He was able to recreate our day so that we can now watch it over and over!!! We are so lucky Bill was there capturing our wedding day and so grateful for the special gift that he gave us!!!

Kelly · Married on 08/04/2017

We were so glad we decided to have a videographer at our wedding and Bill from Starlight Productions was a great choice! He knew our budget was tight and created a custom package for my husband and me. He arrived exactly on time and captured all of the important moments of our day! Even after the wedding, he was great with communication and delivered our video exactly on time so that we were able to give copies to our parents as Christmas presents! We watched the video on our first New Year's Eve and drank the bottle of champagne Bill so generously gave us. We ran into him at a gig my husband's band was playing and we spoke about some details from our wedding day, which shows that Bill really cares about each wedding he does and takes the time to really get to know the bride and groom. Thank you, Bill!

LeAnn · Married on 12/03/2016

I lovedddd working with Bill. He was so informative and made me feel absolutely comfortable in his ability to capture all of the moments of my special day. He was also amazing at keeping me informed about the editing process and when I would be able to expect my video to be done. I just watched the video last night with my husband after getting it and was amazed with all of the emotions and memories that came flooding back. The video was so beautifully done and really captured my wedding day so well. For me this was an essential thing to have for my wedding because that day flew by and having the video helped me to not only relive it but to see all the moments I missed. I wouldn't have had this if it wasn't for Bill. I highly highly recommend using him if you are thinking of a videoagrapher. He's the best!!!

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2016

I am so happy I booked Bill from Starlight Productions. He was everywhere I looked the entire night. Two days after the wedding we have a beautiful 3 minute highlight reel and we can't wait to see the video. I know it will be amazing as he was so attentive the whole night. Bill was easily reachable before and after the wedding and this guy is a total pro. Book with Starlight you will not regret it!!!

Bill did an absolutely amazing job capturing the moments of our October wedding at the Brotherhood Winery in Washingtonville, NY. He was so easy to work with in planning our videography expectations and is so passionate at what he does. Bill was there from beginning to end to capture every little detail. He created the most amazing wedding preview video and we are so happy we chose Bill to share in our wedding day. We cannot wait to re-live the most memorable day of our lives with the full wedding video! Thanks again Bill!

Amanda · Married on 03/14/2015

Bill was amazing! Very responsive through out the initial contact to the day of the wedding. VERY accommodating and flexible.

I didn't even notice him at the wedding (sign of an excellent camera man) and we got back the preview video and couldn't have been happier. I watched it probably 5 times the first day. It highlighted everything we wanted!

Thanks for everything Bill!

Lia · Married on 09/20/2014

My husband and I went back and forth between the importance of having a videographer for the wedding. We decided on Bill after a recommendation from a co-worker and his very affordable prices. We never met him before the big day and I was a little nervous the day of. Bill was professional and friendly and eased my stress as soon as I met him. He even knew my photographer from a past wedding. Needless to say it was a decision I am so happy we made.

Bill was a joy to work with. You hardly knew he was there. Besides introducing himself I practically forget we had a videographer until a few days after the wedding and he sent us our wedding video preview. I have watched the preview at least 100 times with tears and laughter- its so perfect!! He caught moments I didn't even know existed. A special glance between my father and I as we walked down the aisle, special moments and laughs under the chuppah between my husband and I, even dancing with our 88 year old grandfather. This was only a 2 minute preview---I can't wait to see the whole footage.

I am so happy we decided to use Bill as our videographer and would 100% recommend him to any brides. Especially if you are confused about if you need a video---you do!

Our wedding video preview:

Kristen · Married on 09/06/2014

We were so thrilled by services provided by Bill Celnick and Starlight Video Productions for our wedding in September 2014. Bill was very professional and has significant experience in filming weddings. He even came to our rehearsal at the church to meet us in-person, speak with the priest and check out the church. He went completely unnoticed the whole time, but managed to capture all of the major moments. We found their services to be of very high value for the price. We were especially thrilled when we were able to watch a short video a short week after the wedding! It was so special being able to re-live everything without having to wait months for the full package. We would highly recommend Bill for wedding videography.

Eileen · Married on 10/05/2013

Bill was incredible and such a pleasure to work with! We never even met Bill before we booked him and booked him based solely on his professionalism and the samples we saw of his work.

I had first reached out to Bill on a Friday afternoon and like most vendors, I didn't expect to hear back from him until the following week. Much to my surprise, I had an e-mail from him later that night apologizing for taking so long to get back to me as he had been shooting a wedding that day. It was at that moment I knew we had to hire Bill. He was extremely responsive throughout the entire process, both before and after the wedding. Bill showed up early the day of the wedding and was not one bit intrusive the entire day. We received a preview of our wedding day about a week after the wedding and we loved it! We can’t wait to see the final product!

Since booking Bill, two of my friends have also booked Bill. I would highly recommend Bill to all future brides and grooms!

I

Charlotte · Married on 05/19/2013

When we were planning our wedding , we had friends, and recommendations for every vendor necessary. DJ, florist, Photographer, etc. The only thing we had to shop for was a videographer. We recently moved to upstate NY and were not sure of any videographers in the area. So we did a little research and saw good reviews for Starlight Productions, and figured, hey, let's give it a shot.

I talked to Bill a few times on the phone and he was very professional, informative , and knowledgable . We set up a date and time to meet and when we did, we knew almost immediately he would be our choice. We were not certain how the perception would be from someone who had never met us about videoing a same sex wedding. Bill made us feel extremely comfortable and even showed us his work of another same sex wedding he recorded.

We didn't need to meet with anyone else after seeing his work. Bill made sure to stay n touch with us periodically leading up to our big day. He made us feel very confident and secure about everything . Other than asking some questions of what we wanted, he had everything covered and added some suggestions that I wouldn't have ever thought of.

Bill showed up early the morning of the wedding and was there for every moment, without us even realizing or tripping over him or his assistant. The day was phenomenal. When we got our DVDs we cried from beginning to end. The angles, the music, the close ups.....they were all perfect. Bill and starlight were as important as anyone that day, and they captured every important and emotional minute of our big day.

I would highly recommend Starlight Video Productions to anyone looking for a true pro, as well as a genuinely nice guy.

Tara · Married on 11/16/2012

AMAZING! WONDERFUL! I can't say enough about Bill and his assistant and the amazing job they did on our wedding day. Bill has the kindest demeanor and the second I met him I knew he was a "must have" for our wedding. He remembered everything we had asked for and did his absolute best to make sure those special shots happened...all without being intrusive! Not only was the quality of his work outstanding but you really get your money's worth...we got a great custom package for less than other videographers were asking for for less work! Bill also sent us a "coming soon" movie style trailer to keep us looped on our footage before the video itself is completed. Once again, I cannot say enough about Starlight Video! Bill and his team are a gift to brides and grooms!!!!

Thelma · Married on 11/09/2012

Bill was amazing!!! He was very professional, really listened to us and produced great work. One of the best choices we made for our wedding!

Kellie · Married on 09/08/2012

Bill was awesome! I hired him based on other reviews and a brief telephone conversation. I could tell he knew what he was doing. He showed up and was very professional and super talented. When we received a preview of the video, we absolutely loved it. The final product was even better. It looked just like a movie. The editing and music were also amazing! Thanks Bill, you rock!

Keegan and Kellie

Kristen · Married on 07/14/2012

The Starlight Video team actually documented my brother & sister-in-laws wedding up in NY. My entire family absolutely loved the final product, which captured their entire wedding day from start to finish! When I was planning my wedding down in Maryland, there was no doubt in my mind who I wanted there to capture all the moments of our special day! Bill and his wife are wonderful and they were more than happy to travel to Maryland to work with our family again. In the end, it felt like they were a part of our special day as dear friends! Throughout the entire process (planning, communicating, coordinating the actual wedding weekend and creation of the video), Starlight Video was always very professional as they walked us through the video development, kept us updated on timelines and always answered any question/concern in a very timely manner.

When my husband and I watch the final video of our wedding, we were blown away by how much footage Starlight Video was able to fit but at the same time how they were able to make it all flowed beautifully! From baby pictures to couple picture, to the rehearsal to the ceremony to the reception and even pictures from our honeymoon, Starlight Video was able to artistically compact it all. It is so amazing to have all of the special moments and memories from our relationship and wedding weekend captured in one DVD and we will have this to look back upon forever (I cannot even count the number of times I have watched it to date!)!!!

Nancy · Married on 05/04/2012

As mother of the groom, I can't say enough about Bill from Starlight Video Productions. He is such a nice and accommodating person. During the wedding, he was so unobtrusive, we didn't even realize it was being filmed, but when we received the video, it was just so beautifully done, it was like re-living the day, every moment captured so perfectly. The music and effects create such emotion, every time I watch it. We appreciate Bill's talent and professionalism and he offers a great value for such wonderful services. My son and daughter in law couldn't be happier with the results!

Lindsay · Married on 10/15/2011

Weddings are expensive. We had already spent a lot on the venue, dress, flowers and photographer. We didn’t want to spend anymore on a videographer – but deep down I knew we would regret it if we didn’t get one. Bill did a beautiful job capturing our special day and his price did not break the bank!

My favorite part of the whole experience were the emails I would receive from Bill after the wedding. As he was editing the footage, he would send me “sneak peaks” of what he was putting together. I was surprised by how emotionally impactful it was to relive those moments on film. I am so thrilled we decided to use a videographer and I am so pleased by Bill’s work and client commitment.

Shanna · Married on 09/24/2011

Bill Celnick from Starlight Video is an amazing artist, professional and overall person. He is truly passionate about what he does and it shows in his work and the way he treats you. He treated our wedding with the highest of priority and made us feel like a bride a groom should feel, #1! He answered all of my questions quickly and I felt that I could go to him with any of my requests or comments. He worked with us from start to finish to create something that was truely unique and special for us. The turnaround time was amazing, we got our wedding video a little over a month after our wedding! I knew I could trust and count on him to deliver a beautiful video to us and he did. We watched it with family and friends and laughed and cried the entire time, he captured everything wonderfully and also delivered to us PERSONALLY the videos, along with a blu-ray version, ipad/ipod version and ALL the raw footage, as well as a thank you gift. You dont get service like that from just anyone these days. Do yourself a favor and book Starlight Video Productions.

Jennie · Married on 07/10/2010

When we were first planning our wedding, we were both really torn about the idea of a videographer. We wanted a video of our wedding but in the past, a videographer was equated with bright lights, chronicling bad dancing moves and just generally documenting events that might be better off forgotten.

A friend of a friend used Starlight Productions one year prior and I was intrigued after I saw part of their wedding video. Starlight Productions seemed different than all the rest. Then my good friend used them and I had the opportunity to meet Bill at their wedding. After seeing him in action at the wedding and seeing how truly unobtrusive he was, we convinced my parents that a video was necessary.

Since my parents (footing the entire bill for the wedding) considered the videographer an "extra" for the wedding, the fact that Bill's prices are very reasonable made it that much easier to convince them.

Upon making our contract with Starlight, we found that not only was Bill extremely accommodating but he answered all of our questions promptly and professionally. We could immediately tell he was really passionate his business and also is extremely knowledgable. We knew we wouldn't have to worry about him missing a beat on our wedding day.

About four months to our wedding day, we discussed timeline and he was able to tailor one of his packages to be more in line with what we desired for our wedding day without a problem.

On the day of the wedding, we were unaware of his presence with the camera. Not only this, but 3, yes, that's right, 3 days later, we received the most beautiful, heartwarming, made us want to re-live our wedding day over and over again, 2 minute long trailer. It was done so professionally our family members were sending it out to everyone to boast about the beautiful masterpiece Bill had complied during his busiest season (in 3 days, none the less).

Over the next few months, we stayed in contact with Bill. Many times he would write to inquire about how we'd like this or that for our completed video. He gave us so many choices - some we decided on our own, but others we left up to Starlight's professional opinion.

When the video was ready (about 9 weeks after our wedding date), Bill sent a copy to both our parents and to us. We live overseas so it took a bit longer to get to us. Our parents had already watched it and just raved and raved over the amazing job Bill did documenting our wedding day in such a classy way. Our parents wrote Bill to tell him what a wonderful job he did. In turn, he wrote us saying that he hoped that by the time we watched it, it lived up to our expectations.

Our video arrived a few days later (thank goodness for quick mail delivery :)) and my husband and I painfully decided to wait until the weekend when we could enjoy the video without having to worry about work the next day. We made it a fun date night at home, on the couch with a bottle of Veuve.

To say that we loved the video is absolutely an understatement. We both spent the evening crying and laughing while listening to the most suiting music for each scene and re-living our wedding day by "being guests at our own wedding" as Bill put it. We genuinely could not have asked for a better way to document our most special day. Bill, you are simply amazing.

If anyone is questioning whether or not to get a videographer or which company, do not question anymore, just book Starlight Productions!!!

Kate · Married on 02/07/2009

If you are swaying back and forth about having a videographer for your wedding let me be the one to sway you—you NEED to have one and it NEEDS to be Starlight Video Productions!! We have nothing but good things to say about our experience with Starlight Productions! From the first contact we had with Bill everything was a breeze. He was more than accommodating! He allowed us to customize our video package to ensure we got what we wanted and in a price range that we were very happy with. Bill was great with following up to all of my e-mails—both before and after our wedding.

On the day of the wedding Bill was excellent! He was never intrusive but managed to capture EVERYTHING! He was prompt, professional & friendly. And we were blown away with our video! Bill sent us a small 3 minute clip right after the wedding to give us a small sample. I watched it about 3000 times!! His editing was brilliant and his music choice was wonderful. As for the actual video-we were blown away! He took the most important day of our life and made it even more beautiful! We are thrilled we went with Starlight Video Productions!

Liliya · Married on 06/29/2014

They were so attentive and nice! I barely noticed they were there throughout the wedding but yet I know they were videotaping all the important moments. I would highly recommend!