Starlight Music Reviews

137 Reviews for Starlight Music

137 Starlight Music Reviews

Laura Heumann · Married on 11/10/2018

Most Amazing Band

The Starlight Orchestra (part of Starlight music) was absolutely incredible!! They put on an outstanding performance and our friends and family were blown away. Everyone is still talking about them.

The energy in the room was electric and the dance floor was packed from beginning to end. Ramon (the band leader) was such a joy to work with and he really listened to everything we requested. He was also great at reading the crowd. We really can't thank him and the band enough.

This band is stellar and deserves to be in it's own league. The musicians are top-notch professionals. We highly recommend them especially for anyone who loves music and an energetic party.

Erica · Married on 11/10/2018

Best band out there!

We cannot say enough great things about Starlight Music and our band Rock and Soul. Evan truly understood what my husband and I were looking for and made our planning process from the beginning seamless and easy as well as enjoyable. Last weekend was the best weekend of our lives and we cannot thank Rock and Soul enough for making the party! From the ceremony music - which sounded beautiful, to the cocktail hour trio which was the perfect fit and finally to the reception - where you they absolutely killed it - we are so happy and grateful that we them there. Rock and Soul did exactly what we asked for and all week we have been consistently hearing from our friends and family how incredible the band was and how the dance floor was going all-night long, as well as people asking where we found Starlight Music and where they can hire them for their own events.

From the bottom of our hearts, we are so happy we found Starlight Music and loved every second of working with them.

Thank you again for helping make the best night of our lives! We hope to see you again soon!

alexandra · Married on 10/20/2018

Where do we even begin. Corey and I simply had the best night of our lives and that is in large part because of Evan and his amazingly talented Rock & Soul band. They so far exceeded our expectations of what the night would be. They blew us away with their set list - one song was better than the next. The run of show was on point, and the energy level was absolutely incredible.

All we heard all night and all day after was that the band was amazing. Literally, that was our biggest takeaway. So thank you thank you thank you, for absolutely everything. It was such a pleasure working with them and I hope there will be many more events & weddings where we can party at together again.

Sent on 06/12/2017

Starlight Music's reply:

Thank you Alex and Corey. Your friends were just too much fun! Rock & Soul had such an awesome time partying with you.

Aksc · Married on 09/23/2018

Starlight Music

Evan and his crew had a great range of songs and amazing energy. They really made our wedding day special.

Shelby · Married on 09/15/2018

From the ceremony to the cocktail hour and from start to finish of the party it was not only seamless but flawless. EVERYONE! Kept telling us how amazing you guys were and to quote my friend exactly she said,

“it was the first time at a wedding where I didn’t feel like the band played 7 songs and then the wedding was over. Idk how you guys planned the flow/structure but it was perfect. The band was incredible. Amazing playlist. “

You were truly unbelievable and we couldn’t have imagined a more wild and well done party.

Not only was the party and meetings to prep done so well and at all times we knew we were in good hands but you helped us plan our first dance so well. We were set up for dance lessons and really nailed a first song and dance down with guidance and on the night of we rocked it!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Starlight Music's reply:

Thank you Shelby! Your wedding at Beachpoint was so fantastic! Rock & Soul really enjoyed sharing in it with you. The outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour were lovely and your guests never left the dance floor. What a magical evening!

Jaclyn · Married on 09/15/2018

Such a fun Band!

We had our wedding Labor Day wkend 2018 and this band was amazing! We used Blake band who were unbelievable. Everyone kept on telling us how amazing the band was. Denny was such a great band leader and when we met with a couple of weeks before to create the music list, he knew exactly what we wanted and made it so easy. We also worked with Allie throughout the process and she was incredibly! So responsive and helpful with eveythjng we had to fill out and put together. I recommend this band to anyone! Starlight is great and also has different levels of band sizes as well, all are great. Thanks Alie, Denny and starlight music for making our wedding so much fun!

Caroline · Married on 09/01/2018

We selected Starlight’s Rock & Soul for our wedding and they were phenomenal! The band had everyone out of their seats on the dance floor the whole night. Guests of all ages were raving about the quality of the music and variety... Sinatra, The Bee Gees, Pitbull, Walk the Moon, & more.

It was a pleasure to work with Evan and Allie on logistics. Starlight is unique with only four bands, and we felt that we received a lot of attention. The company is highly professional and not only established a clear timeline of the night but also honored all our song requests. Furthermore, our wedding coordinator for the evening disappeared on us and ran errands for caterer instead, and we were relieved that Evan kept things moving despite their absence.

We found Evan to be extremely knowledgeable on weddings and events. He knew a lot about outdoor events and the band was prepared to perform all over the property for the ceremony and cocktail hour as well as under a tent.

We also never got the impression that Starlight was trying to nickel and dime us... While bands in the NY area are expensive, everything was included and Starlight’s overtime pricing was more reasonable than other entertainment companies. I’ve heard negative comments from my friends about last minute add-ons for expensive stages from Hank Lane, and I was glad that Evan talked to us well ahead of time about everything we would need and never tried to charge us last minute.

Overall, we are so glad we worked with Starlight and that Rock & Soul was available to perform at our wedding.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Starlight Music's reply:

Thank you Caroline for that amazing review! The wedding was so much fun and your home was INCREDIBLE! We can't wait to see photos :)

Rachel · Married on 08/25/2018

Evan and rock and soul were unbelievable!! Best band ever! So grateful and happy we went with them! Accommodated all of our requests and were extremely responsive. Everyone was asking who our band was after the fact! Don’t hesitate and book!

Kara · Married on 08/25/2018

We LOVED working Starlight, it was very clear that everyone we worked with both in the band and in the office really enjoys their jobs and are very good at them! Extremely talented individuals that work together well & were a pleasure to have at our wedding. Evan, Denny & Allie helped us customize our wedding to suit us. I am from NJ & my husband is from Puerto Rico, they did an excellent job in balancing the music & had everyone on their feet the whole time. We had a non-traditional unforgettable ceremony thanks to Denny! It’s been a month & I am still getting rave reviews from all of our guests. I would give them 10/5 stars if possible. Incredibly professional, adaptable & talented group. I wish I could order the soundtrack of the wedding!!!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Starlight Music's reply:

Thank you Kara!! Denny and everyone at Starlight Music appreciates your wonderful words :)

Maya · Married on 07/28/2018

Amazing to work with the team! Great service and wonderful people. Would recommend 100% to anyone.

Sandy · Married on 07/08/2018

Incredible energy put out the entire event. All our guests couldn't stop raving about the band. Thank you Evan and team!

Sent on 07/17/2018

MWAH!!!

Katherine · Married on 06/23/2018

BEST BAND EVER. We received SO many compliments on them. Honestly, we had no idea what to expect. We chose them solely because we loved Denny’s voice and we genuinely had no idea how they would be on the wedding night. Suffice it to say, they exceeded all of our expectations. The entire team was extremely easy to work with. Allie and Evan with Starlight were responsive, kind and organized. When we met Denny for the first time, we just knew we were going to have a great experience. For the ceremony, he sang and played the guitar for the family and wedding party processional. And then the music during cocktail hour and dinner were amazing but once we got on the dance floor – nobody left! Every single person danced all night. It was exactly what we wanted and just perfect! Highly highly recommend!!

Kristen · Married on 05/05/2018

Holy cow! My face still hurts I still can’t stop smiling. Evan, Mike, Allie and the whole White Light band and crew, your team and talent are out of this world!!! Nailed it!! Working with you was the best decision I ever made and opportunity I ever had. our wedding was a real dream come true, a magical night I will never forget.

Mike, band leader, incredible! Everything was seamless; you made a difficult job look easy. All my guests melted because of your voice. We were all so impressed. Everyone was so touched when you came to the crowd to serenade the couples. Swoon! I will never forget the huge smile on my dads face during “shout.” he was so so happy and that’s all I wanted from the night. The White Light Band looked like they were having so much fun and that resonated in my guests. There was non stop dancing all night which was all I could ask for. Thank you so much, just amazing!

Evan, starlight music manager, I don’t even know what to say. This has been the best opportunity of my life. The entertainment at my wedding was my biggest priority over everything. You, Mike, and White light really pulled it together more than I could ask for. I had a lot of set backs from other venders during planning and the immediate days before.. you handled everything like a real pro and truly delivered beyond. Not a moment of anxiety or stress from your part. You’re a real pleasure to work with. This was the best time of my life.
    Starlight music, I can’t thank you enough!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Starlight Music's reply:

Thank you Kristen for the lovely review! Your wedding was soooooooo much fun! White Light loves playing at Lake Mohawk and your guests were wild.

elise · Married on 04/27/2018

After month of searching for our band ( we literally looked at about 10 bands) we ended up choosing The Blake Band and they were so freaking good, honestly if you come up short on your guest minimum and have these guys we will come and cover our plate they were THAT GOOD. The ENTIRE group was outstanding- please do your self a favor and book them now. Our wedding was 4.27.18 and we have been to about three weddings in NYC so far since then, and people can not stop coming up to us saying how kick @$$ they were. NO one stopped dancing it was AMAZINNG.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Starlight Music's reply:

Hello Elise. Thank you for the AMAZING review :) The Blake Band and Denny appreciate everything you wrote. You and your friends were so much fun!

Marissa · Married on 04/07/2018

Blake Band was THE BEST. All of my guests couldn't stop raving about how it was the best wedding band they ever heard. I'm so grateful to them to making my party a BLAST. I cannot thank them enough.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Thank you Marissa!

Richard · Married on 03/17/2018

Don’t blame me if you don’t opt for Starlight. Used them twice, 9 years apart. Wish I had another daughter. Not really.

Samantha · Married on 01/20/2018

We could not recommend Evan and his band enough! From the second we met them, we knew they weren't your typical cookie cutter band - they are truly one of a kind and blew us away. 2 weeks after our wedding, people are still asking us for the name of our band because they were so great and people keep saying they've never heard a wedding band that was so good. I can't imagine why anyone who heard them at our wedding wouldn't use them -- they are the best of the best!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Starlight Music's reply:

Thank you Samantha!! Rock & Soul enjoyed your wedding so much! The Palace Hotel did a terrific job and everything was stunning. We appreciate your having us share in your wedding.

Carrie · Married on 01/07/2018

Evan and his band Rock & Soul at Starlight Music were absolutely phenomenal at our wedding! Throughout the planning process Evan was very easy to work and responsive to our emails and calls. At our wedding, the band had high energy and sounded amazing. We had a blast at our wedding singing and dancing the night away. Our guests were blown away and we had guests coming up to us during the reception to find out the name of the band! We highly recommend Evan and his band Rock & Soul! Thank you so much - you guys are the best!!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Starlight Music's reply:

Thank you Carrie! We appreciate you taking the time to write such an awesome review.

PJ · Married on 11/18/2017

You guys were AMAZING! My feet are ripped to shreds, I missed dessert, and hardly drank anything after dinner (at my own wedding) and I BLAME you! Your music and entertainment was too good to ever leave the dance floor for even a moment. You made the wedding, every attendee agreed :) THANK YOU (hit me up soon for photos!)

Sent on 11/28/2017

Starlight Music's reply:

Thank you for the great review PJ! Rock & Soul has so much fun partying with your friends and family!! It was our pleasure to have everyone rockin' all night! Glad you never stopped dancing!

Kris · Married on 10/21/2017

We have had the pleasure of using Starlight music for all three of our children’s weddings. And our friends are upset that we don’t have more children. They are over the top fabulous and professional and fun. They truly make the wedding celebration even more special. I might have to throw a 70 th for myself just to have them again. The very best and most fun band.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Starlight Music's reply:

Thank you Kris for having us share is so many wonderful celebrations with your family!

Suzanne · Married on 10/14/2017

Best band ever! No one sat down!! Couldn't be more pleased !

Suzanne · Married on 10/14/2017

How can I begin to express how fabulous Starlight Music is, and how much EVERYONE at my son's wedding loved them! They are so talented, classy and warm and so thoroughly engaged in making the evening electrified! Everyone danced...even my 93 1/2 year old mother, along with her walker, and my friend who was recovering from hip replacement!
    I was pleased beyond all of our high expectations....everyone agrees that Starlight is in a class by themselves!

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2017

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Starlight Music's Rock & Soul band. They are AMAZING and truly 'rocked' the house. Guests were on their feet the entire night dancing, and we had the time of our lives. Evan the band leader is just the best. He knows how to read the crowd and keep the energy flowing. If you're looking for a wedding band, seriously look no further. The quality of musicians and professionalism you'll get with Starlight is truly like no other. Thank you, Rock & Soul!! -Amanda & Pete

Sent on 10/28/2017

Starlight Music's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda and Pete! The band loved being around all of the amazing musicians at your wedding! You had so many talented performers there and we enjoyed getting to hear them and even jamming with them a little. Also, the song your wrote (and performed) was beautiful.... We really appreciated getting to share in your special day.

Christina · Married on 09/30/2017

Starlight was fantastic!! So many of our guests commented that Starlight was the best they'd ever seen at a wedding and not just at the reception! We had their rock trio play cocktail hour and they killed it! Would highly recommend these guys! You will not be disappointed! They had everyone at the wedding dancing. We had guests coming up to us all night asking how we found this band!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Starlight Music's reply:

Thank you Christina! Rock & Soul had such a wonderful time partying with your guests at The Morningside Castle!! Everything was perfect and you and Patrick were awesome :)