Starfire Golf Club Reviews

31 Reviews for Starfire Golf Club

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Olivia

Olivia · Married on 11/01/2015

Michelle the event planner from Starfire was absolutely wonderful. I was planning this wedding all the way from Alaska. She answered all of my questions, )no matter had crazy), in a timely and very sweet manner. She was very easy to work with, very knowledgable and professional. The day of my wedding was PERFECT thanks to her and her amazing crew. She set up my wedding beautifully and everything went so smoothly. Thanks to Michelle and Starfire I get to brag about my amazing wedding and my family is still talking about how amazing it was!!

Although I didn't end up choosing Starfire Golf Club as my venue, Michelle the event manager was very helpful when I came for a tour, and answered all my emails and had great ideas. When comparing different golf clubs around the area this was one of my favorites! Its nice that they only hold one event at a time at the venue. Their menu looked really good, and the views are very pretty! I liked the reception room because it had windows and really modern chandeliers! They have pretty white lights in the trees that light up at night too.
    Anyone looking to have a golf club ceremony and reception should check it out!

MJ · Married on 04/04/2015

Starfire Golf Club was a fantastic venue! We loved all of the beautiful views the golf course had to offer and knew we would get gorgeous photos from it. We had the ceremony out on the driving range and cocktail hour out on the patio/grass area while dinner was inside the main ballroom. We decided to do a few different food stations to allow our guests to choose what they wanted to eat and it worked out fabulous. We loved the venue because there are a couple different options for having dinner and dancing. You could have dinner out on the grass by the patio and have dancing on the slab of concrete next to it or have dancing in the bar area and dinner with all of your tables in the main ballroom. We decided to be inside and have the patio as a place for people to hang out and have drinks. It was nice not being in just ‘one big room’. With the help of the DJ he got everyone moving from the dance floor area back to the ballroom and it was a fun interactive wedding. Starfire has amazing food and an exceptional wait staff. We were extremely impressed at how professional they were and how organized they were. Michelle Hlavin their wedding coordinator was very gracious to work with and put everything together better than we had hoped for. This is a great location and makes for beautiful photos at sunset. We highly recommend!

M & J

Kerri Hollister and staff are amazing

• Angela

Angela · Married on 10/12/2014

We had a Sunday morning ceremony and a brunch reception at Starfire Golf Club and I cannot speak highly enough about the venue, their event coordinator, Kerri, and their staff. Kerri was a joy to work and she is very experienced. She was able to give us very helpful recommendations based on our ideas. She made the planning portion really simple for us and made sure that everything went smoothly and stayed on schedule on our big day. We had countless compliments about the venue and the food. Everyone raved about the brunch buffet, which was delicious and offered a variety of options so even the pickiest eaters loved it. The Starfire staff set up our outdoor ceremony and the reception room the morning of the wedding and they both looked absolutely beautiful! The outdoor location for the ceremony was very scenic so only simple decorations were needed. We utilized their white arch for our ceremony and we provided rose pedals, which they used to perfectly line the aisle. The golf course was also the perfect setting for our wedding portraits. I would highly recommend Starfire Golf Club for any event. Thank you Starfire Golf Club for giving us our perfect wedding!!!

Alyson · Married on 11/17/2013

We had a perfect wedding at this extremely beautiful venue. Everything was so personable from the venue tour to the taste testing visits to the cocktail hour. The setting was amazing and our coordinator Kerri Hollister really did as best she could to make sure everything went smooth. Despite going through 3 different wedding coordinators we can really say that third times the charm with Kerri. All of the staff was friendly in an efficient non-invasive way. Thank you so much for the wonderful memories!!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Starfire Golf Club's reply:

Hi Alyson, It is SO great to hear the words "perfect wedding" because that is what me and my staff strive for! Even though we have several weddings a year, we want you to feel like you are the only one! You looked absolutely stunning on your wedding day (I saw the look in the groom's eyes...GAWK) and I hope you have a lifetime of happiness :) Sincerely, Kerri

Kerri Hollister, the events director, goes above and beyond. She attends to details and follows through seemlessly. Kerri has very good taste when it comes to setting up your wedding accessories. We are grateful that Kerri was a part of our extraordinary wedding experience at Starfire. The food was delcious and the service was great. The reception room looked elegant as we made our grand entrance.
    We chose Starfire for the openness and beautiful surroundings. It felt as if we were entertaining our guests in our home on a golf course.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Starfire Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, I will be sure to share it with my staff and our wonderful Chef! We truly do our best to make every wedding and event one of a kind and make sure our guests have a memorable experience. Thanks again! Kerri

I highly recommend Starfire for a beautiful wedding ceremony and/or reception. It was everything we could have hoped for--a gorgeous and photogenic setting, great food and drinks, and top-notch service, all without breaking the bank. The coordinator helped us plan everything and saw that the rehearsal and ceremony ran smoothly by providing a detailed timeline, cues for the wedding party, suggestions for procession order, etc. Her services were included in the facility fees, so we did not know how much to expect, and were very relieved that she took care of the details so we did not have to figure it all out. The buffet dinner and cake were excellent. We had just under 100 people and everyone had a wonderful time. The settings for our outdoor photos (golf carts provided to transport wedding party to a variety of locations) were so beautiful that the pictures almost look fake! We had a few children in attendance and they were able to run around on the lawns just outside of the clubhouse during the reception. It was all just what we were looking for and our special day was pure enjoyment.

Kara · Married on 11/02/2013

I had my wedding at Starfire last month and it was perfect and beautiful. Kerri and the Starfire staff made my day to be exactly how I always wanted - down to every little detail. They also took care of all of the little pain-in-the-butt things like setting up the centerpieces and decorations. Kerri pays so much attention to detail and she removed a great amount of stress from me throughout the whole planning process. Nothing went wrong on my big day and I have no complaints about this beautiful venue and wonderful staff.

We had our wedding at Starfire Golf Club and it was a dream come true. Everything was perfect. The food was amazing, on time and hot. The bar was speedy and kept everyone well hydrated. We worked with Carrie who was very accomadating with all of our request and she never said no to us. Customer service was amazing from the staff. I couldn't have asked for a more flawless night :) Thank you!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Starfire Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I will be sure to let our staff know what a great job they did. Thank you for choosing Starfire Golf Club for your special day, we wish you the best and congratulations!! Carrie Zinman

Kim · Married on 05/26/2012

We had our ceremony and reception at the Starfire. The ceremony was held outside and we had several outdoor locations to choose from. Our dinner was also held outside on the lawn. The food and the service were excellent. My family had nothing but good things to say about the dinner. Jill was great to work with and she was very easy to get ahold of and made the whole day run really smoothly. The staff were all friendly and anytime I stopped in to the country club they made me feel welcome.

Sent on 06/03/2012

Starfire Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for the positive feedback! We enjoyed hosting your wedding at Starfire!! Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Jill · Married on 03/10/2012

Starfire was a great pick for our wedding. We worked with Jill and she was very helpful with everything we needed. She helped us keep everything in order and made some great recommendations to the many questions we had come up during the planning process. Their menu choices were great and I am still getting compliments on how delicious the food was. The staff was very friendly and helpful to our guests, making sure they had everything they needed. There is plenty of parking available and we were even allowed to use a couple golf carts to help get some elderly family members to the ceremony without them having to walk all the way. I would highly recommend Starfire to brides looking for a venue in Scottsdale.

Dave · Married on 04/17/2011

The first time I laid eyes on Starfire I knew it was going to be a perfect place for our special day. Sandy and the other staff there were so helpful and friendly. They took care of all the planning and guided us through our choices for everything. When the day came, it couldn't have gone better. It is obvious that the people at Starfire are professionals and cared about our event as much as we did. The prices were reasonable and the food was awesome. I'd recommend Starfire to anyone looking for a great place for any event!

• lcarp203

Lindsay · Married on 11/06/2010

From the beginning the staff at Starfire was great. There was a staff change about 3 months prior to my wedding. New special events coordinators are Shane and Sandy. Shane is new to Starfire but Sandy has been there for over 9 years. Shane was flexible and easy to work with. He really accommodated my every request, even if it was a hassle for him. Sandy knows a lot about the course and the country club. She is a great resource. Another employee who deserves mention is Russ. He, like Sandy, has been around Starfire for many years. He knows the in’s and out’s of banquets and can answer any questions. He does it all from set up, manning the bar and closing everything down. All in all, every employee was great. I got complements all night on how nice they were and how hard they worked to make the night amazing for the guests. I also received a lot of compliments on the food. Truly a hidden gem!

Karina · Married on 07/16/2010

I can not write enough good reviews about this place! The event coordinator, Brooke, was the main reason why we selected this spot for our wedding/reception. Brooke was so down-to-earth, friendly and professional that she completely set our mind at ease. She had great ideas about the ceremony decorations, reception menu and decorations.. she was absolutely wonderful! Our wait-staff for the reception were perfect also. They were so sweet and attentive, we absolutely adored the entire place! Brooke, you are amazing, thank you so much!!

Erika · Married on 01/30/2010

Brooke and her staff were absolutely wonderful to work with! They made our guests feel comfortable and gave great care to each and every detail of our ceremony and reception! They were all flexible and willing to help at a moments notice!

Dont be afraid to ask for a quote...we didnt think we could afford such an amazing venue but it turned out to be LESS than your run of the mill hotel wedding! Couldnt have asked for better! Thank you!

Sara · Married on 12/05/2008

Brooke and the entire staff at Starfire Golfclub were awesome! They were very organized, easy to work with and helpful with the wedding planning process. The food and decorations were also great!

Katie · Married on 10/25/2008

Brooke at Starfire Country Club was so awesome to work with! She was very responsive with emails and phone calls, answered all my questions, and was always welcoming whenever I wanted to come in and meet with her in person. Brooke and her staff were very accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed during the planning process and on the night of our event. The country club itself is beautiful with tons of different spots for pictures and worked out perfectly for my wedding. The best thing of all was the food! I received so many compliments on the food from my guests. I am so glad we found Starfire at Scottsdale Country Club and would recommend it to anyone.

Robin · Married on 10/23/2008

I had a wonderful experience at Starfire!

Sheldon · Married on 10/17/2015

The staff was a total pleasure to work with. Michelle the event sales director helped with so many details and made herself available for lots of questions and offered us guidance. Tom and Enrique the bartending staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and our guests feel at home. I hope to have another event there and we happily recommend Starfire Golf Club to others.

Jennifer · Married on 03/13/2010

Working with Brooke Ertle at Starfire was the best decision we made regarding wedding planning. She is not only professional, she is also a creative resource. She used her experience to guide our decisions as needed, but wasn't afraid to try new things--such as streaming our ceremony online.
    Starfire it self is a lovely venue and we had great interactions with all the staff. The are priced very competitively, with minimums far below hotels. The food was delicious. Our photographer told us later that it was the best wedding food she had ever eaten. They worked with me to come up with a buffet that was acceptable to a vegetarian bride and meat-loving groom. They were happy to provide a second tasting to make sure the sauce for the meat was just right. We also had a cocktail tasting and Brooke helped us create our signature cocktail for the day. My family loved it so much we came back for an Easter brunch.

Crystal · Married on 03/01/2015

This venue was a beautiful choice for our Spring morning wedding! We had a brunch buffet and the food was wonderful!!

Kimberly · Married on 01/17/2015

everything went well. The only suggestions was I felt the dinner time took awhile to get all the food out.

Angela · Married on 11/09/2013

I recently had my wedding at Starfire and it was absolutely perfect! The ceremony was outside on the green timed as the sun set. Following the ceremony was an out-door cocktail reception for the guests with passed hors d'oeuvres made by the chef in house. We offered Prosciutto wrapped, bleu cheese stuffed dates, broiled in the oven, Grilled tomato bruschetta w/ balsamic glaze, and Seasonal vegetable flatbread: butternut squash and arugula.

During this cocktail hour for the guests, my groom and I hopped on a golf cart and headed to our own private champagne toast. There was a table by a small lake lit by candle light set up away from all the guests so we could have a quiet moment together. There was a chilled bottle of champagne, a cheese and fruit plate, and a few of all the hors d'oeuvres offered to the rest of the guests ready for us there. This was one of my favorite parts of the night!

After the cocktail hour, we joined the guests for the reception dinner on the back patio of the grille. The tables were set out on the lawn with all the trees wrapped in white lights. The band fit perfectly on the patio, and there was even room for our ice-cream vendor to set up.

Since the entire wedding took place outside, we offered an indoor room for the child-care room. The kiddo-s were able to do crafts, watch movies, and then join us later in the evening for music, dancing (and ice cream and cake!).

I would definitely recommend this venue to other brides looking for a beautiful out-door space that was more than accommodating to our requests!