Standing Room Only Orchestra Reviews

Standing Room Only Orchestra 3
  • Glen

Glen Kesselring · Getting married on 03/06/2020

Standing Room Only does great with 50th anniversary

We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary in June at our beautiful farm in SE Iowa. Standing Room Only entertained for our celebration . Our guests absolutely loved them and danced all evening. We highly recommend Standing Room Only.

Sent on 10/09/2019

Monte Lamb · Getting married on 11/05/2019

SRO did a wonderful job and I recommend them highly!

SRO exceeded our expectations in every way. The musicians were tight, the vocals were superb, and they were responsive to our requests for the types of music that we wanted for our anniversary party. The members were so friendly and helpful in making sure that they were prepared before the event and even visited the venue beforehand so they would know what type of sound equipment to bring and how to plan their setup. All of this meant for a great performance that everyone enjoyed immensely. I will recommend them to anyone for any type of party where live music can add to the festivities.

Sent on 05/28/2019

David Murad · Married on 07/20/2019

Great entertainment and

SRO made our event even better! Kara was great to work with, and our conference attendees really enjoyed the music and entertainment. If you're looking for a professional, talented and overall great entertainment for your event, I can't recommend Standing Room Only highly enough.

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Marty

Marty Dubin · Married on 06/02/2019

Exaclty What We Wanted, Endless Compliments

SRO was an absolute treat, and the perfect enhancement for our wedding. They took our music likes and dislikes and formed a program for the night that was exactly what we wanted, even though it may not have been "the usual requests." Their rendition of "Shout" was SPOT ON. And they knew exactly when to keep the energetic beats going, and when it was time to give everyone a breather with a slow song. And Kara was a perfect emcee for the evening: she kept the speeches and pace quick at the beginning, then made sure everyone had a good time the rest of the night. I would happily recommend them to anyone who wants a live band for their special day.

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Standing Room Only Orchestra 4
  • Nicolette

Nicolette Cannon · Married on 06/01/2019

AMAZING! 10/10 recommend

We booked SRO for our wedding reception and HOLY COW were they amazing! And I know we weren't just being biased because even now we still have wedding guests telling us how much they loved our reception band and how amazing the music was. The whole band was exceptionally talented, professional and organized. 10/10 would recommend booking them for your wedding / event!!!

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 05/25/2019

Such a great experience!

My Dad insisted I work with my sister’s band from a decade ago! I however wasn’t so sure... it’s been a decade and did I really want my sister’s wedding band to play?! Heck yes I did! Working with Kara and the rest of standing room only was in the end one of my most confident decisions I made for my wedding day. Kara was there for me in the process and her and I worked on an extra special project for my groom. Thank you Standing Room Only for making my wedding day So Much FUN! You guys blew all of my guests out of the water that they keep talking about the night weeks later! They were such a pleasure to have we loved every moment!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Keaton Connell · Married on 05/10/2019

Best wedding band ever!!!

Simply put! They are the best band you could have for your wedding! They were the talk of the reception. Everyone loved them and couldn't get enough of them. The dance floor was filled the whole night!!

Sent on 10/10/2019
    Standing Room Only Orchestra 5

Tabitha Galloway · Married on 10/27/2018

Highly Recommend Standing Room Only!

Really accommodating and so easy to work with. We had SO much fun at our reception!! If you want everyone dancing at your wedding, this is the band you should go with.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Stephanie · Married on 08/04/2018

You guys. Stop here! Look no further. Standing Room Only was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding and I would choose them again in a heartbeat! The dance floor was packed from beginning to end with people of all ages! They absolutely killed it. I don’t think many of my college friends left the dance floor the entire night. Family and friends called us after the wedding to say they have never seen that many people still on the dance floor at midnight. There was hardly a break between songs - they just kept rolling! Amazing!!
    In addition to the reception, we used SRO for ceremony music and cocktail hour music. There were multiple options to choose from for both - we went with an acoustic guitar and violin for the ceremony and the jazz trio for the cocktail hour. I would HIGHLY recommend these options!! I distinctly remember hearing the processional song I chose as I walked down the aisle and thinking how beautiful it was. Kara was fantastic to work with throughout the whole process. She was quick to respond to emails and accommodated ALL of our requests! The band learned songs for the ceremony and the reception that we requested, and they performed them perfectly.
    Many people told us that was the best wedding they have ever been to, and I think SRO was a huge part of that. My parents told the venue manager to recommend SRO to anyone else who gets married there. I've had friends call me over the past few weeks to get the band info so that they can use them of recommend to other friends. I am SOOOOO happy that we chose Standing Room Only!!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Maria · Married on 05/05/2018

My husband and I recently booked Standing Room Only for our wedding and they were FABULOUS! The dance floor was packed all evening long. They truly catered their playlist to what our guests wanted to hear throughout the evening, and we received SO many compliments on their sound throughout the night and even after the big day. Kara and her team are professional, responsive, talented, and fun. FIVE STARS AND TWO THUMBS UP!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Robert · Married on 12/30/2017

Kara & all the Standing Room Orchestra members were outstanding. My thanks go out to Kara & all the SRO band for making my daughter's wedding on December 30, 2017 a huge success. From the many hours of planning to the final song of the night, it all came together seamlessly, just as Kara said it would. Just give her the ball and she rolls with it (no worries) Just dance your fears away and that's what we all did. They were a tremendous success on & off the dance floor. Kara, thank you again & see you & SRO this summer at yet another family wedding.

Sent on 02/01/2018

Sarah · Married on 07/29/2017

SRO played our wedding in July 2017 at Prairie Production. Their String of Sound Trio did our ceremony music, we did the solo guitar during cocktail hour, and then the seven piece band for the reception.
    All were AMAZING. The band killed it! Dance floor was packed the entire night and our guests were constantly coming up to us asking about how we found the band and raving about how much fun they were. Throughout the planning process, SRO was very responsive and kept in close contact with us. Kara was so helpful and always responded quickly when we had questions. She was a pleasure to work with! In addition to how awesome the band was, we were also very pleased with the price. So worth it! Thank you for making our wedding so fun, SRO!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Gina · Married on 07/15/2017

From a musician....These guys were phenomenal! Every single guest who thanked me to the invitation, commented on how fabulous the band was. "What is their name? Where did you find them? Best wedding reception music I've been to this summer!" Their set list was incredibly comprehensive - from Motown to 70's, 80's, or 90's pop to Sinatra and Torme to rap, and current hits. They always had the perfect mix of instrumentation and vocals. They had a guy in the crowd constantly monitoring the sound from each instrument and speaker and constantly adjusting the mix wirelessly. Upbeat, easy to work with. The orchestra package included three brass (a must!) and the trio's music during the dinner was perfect - a bass, a guitar, and a fantastic sax. Would hire them again in a heartbeat! Our kids were so happy.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Robert · Married on 07/01/2017

Standing Room Only was amazing! From the first time we contacted them to the last song on the dance floor, this band was exceptional. They were professional, personal, and extremely talented! Our guests never left the dance floor and were in awe with the selection of music and the quality of the musicians. I hired this band for my daughter's wedding and have used them on several other occasions as well for charity events. I can always count on them to be at their very best!! They are truly the best band EVER!!!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Paige · Married on 06/17/2017

Standing Room Only played at our wedding, and I cannot express how great they were! They played at my brother's wedding, and when it came to my turn - they were the first decision I made. SRO traveled from Chicago to Indy to play, and I am so excited they did. The band chooses the best set list (you know the songs no one can resist dancing to...), phenomenal sound, and way about them that keeps everyone engaged. By the end of the night, EVERYONE was dancing!

Also, Kara is amazing to work with pre-wedding. She made everything run so smoothly. She helped with all the logistics for the ceremony (shout out to String of Sound!), intros during dinner, and other reception requests I had.

SRO is simply the best :)

Sent on 06/26/2017

Chris · Married on 05/27/2017

We can not speak highly enough about the Standing Room Only Orchestra. Not only are they exceptional musicians, they also excel in all the "little things" that helped make our wedding day so much more than we could have imagined. Starting from day one, Kara was a wonderful communicator and made sure all of our questions were answered and made the planning process ever so smooth. On our actual wedding day, the band went above and beyond by providing microphones, speakers, and a sound specialist for our outdoor wedding ceremony prior to our reception. Our wedding singers were delighted to work with such professionals. During the reception, they took care of all of the M.C. duties and made sure we were moving through introductions, first dances, speeches, etc. in a timely manner. And finally, the party....oh what a party! The bands promotional information says that they are masters of getting people on the dance floor and we're happy to report that that is no lie. Our dance floor was packed from beginning to end! Their music selection is impeccable. We can't tell you how many compliments we have had from our guests about "our band". We would highly recommend the Standing Room Only Orchestra to any couple looking for a memorable wedding reception.

Sent on 06/09/2017

Christina · event on 03/25/2017

We requested the services of Standing Room Only for the reception event at our association's annual conference. The DJ provided by Standing Room Only came well prepared, arrived early and was able to provide both cocktail and dance music all evening. The process from the beginning of when we first inquired, through the contract signing, to the end of the event, all went seamlessly. I definitely recommend Standing Room Only for any corporate events or receptions.

Sent on 04/05/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/15/2016

Standing Room Only played at my ceremony / cocktail hour (piano) and reception (9 piece band) in Rock Island, IL. I was so grateful they were willing to travel 3 hours from Chicago. The lead male singer was not available for my date but they told me before booking and were able to bring in an excellent replacement for the night. Andrea was the lead female singer and MC and she did a great job running the show. I didn't have a lot of time to pick out songs and Kara planning the whole thing and did a great job. The dance floor was packed the whole night!!! Everyone loved the band! After shopping around for a good band, I think Standing Room Only brought a lot of value for their price. Thank you SRO!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Tess · Married on 09/24/2016

Many compliments to the Band!! They were great!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Danielle · Married on 09/04/2016

My mom and I worked with Mike and then Kara, and we loved working with both of them. They were both very sincere, professional, and wanted to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. All of our guests told us how wonderful our band was (during the wedding and after the wedding, repeatedly), and my husband and I were incredibly impressed with their voices, instrumentation, and ability to play to the crowd for five hours. They stayed until midnight as promised, and the dance floor never lost energy or enthusiasm throughout the night. My parents were incredibly happy with the price we paid too. A lot of bands we looked at were not as talented, and their packages were more expensive for less amount of hours. SRO's package was incredible, and we are so, so happy we chose them! Please consider SRO for your wedding!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Leslie · Married on 09/03/2016

This is the most amazing live band around!!!! Our wedding guests were on the dance floor from the second they started playing. The music was truly the best part of our night. We also had the pianist during the ceremony, guitarist during the cocktail hour, and jazz trio during dinner- every single performer was outstanding. The band also MCd the event and he kept our whole night on schedule. We are SO grateful for these talented musicians for making our wedding the best night of our lives!!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Anthony · Married on 08/06/2016

Standing Room Only was EXCELLENT for our wedding on August 6th. Very professional group of people. They played a perfect set list which kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. The energy level was amazing. I received so many great comments from our guests that this was the best wedding band they had ever seen. Do yourself a favor and book this band for you wedding!!!

Sent on 08/30/2016

amanda · Married on 07/16/2016

I cannot say enough about SRO. They were flexible, responsive, and most importantly, SO FUN! I have gotten so many compliments on SRO from our wedding guests. We had someone playing piano at our rehearsal dinner, a trio for our cocktail hour, and the 9-piece band for the reception. In all three settings, we were absolutely blown away! They played a huge variety of music that got everyone on the dance floor. In addition to making sure the wedding guests were having fun, the band appeared to be genuinely enjoying their evening which made it even more special. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Katie · Married on 06/18/2016

We saw this band perform at a friend's wedding a year before ours. We had so much fun and they were so good we didn't even consider any other band options. We love dancing and they kept everyone (kids and grandmas) dancing the entire night. Great mix of genres and styles! We had multiple people comment on his great the band was. Could not recommend them more!!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Megan · Married on 05/28/2016

Standing Room Only did an amazing job keeping our dance floor full. They played music across genres that was enjoyed by all generations. We had grandparents, parents, and young adults all boogying down. They were so easy to work with and learned all of our special songs. Their pricing was very reasonable and certainly more affordable than the other Chicagoland bands we considered. We were so glad we invested the extra money to have a band and STRO was the best choice we could have made!!

Sent on 06/25/2016