Standing Room Only Orchestra Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Gail W. Married on 11/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding and dancing ever!

Kara and all the band members of SRO:
    I cannot thank you enough for making Carrie and Jonny's simply the most fun wedding I've ever been too!!! The music was over the top good and everyone was so happy and complimentary of the evening, with the band being everyone's favorite ever. After listening to your YouTube clips, I knew you were good, and that you'd be at the base of a fabulous party, but you exceeded my expectations ten-fold! The energy was so amazing and all of our guests haven't stopped talking about how amazing the music and dancing was! Thank you for helping to make Carrie and Jonny's wedding unforgettable! I am still on Cloud 9 and my only regret is that we can't do it all again. Thank you, thank you!
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan S. Married on 11/12/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly recommend for an energetic dancefloor

SRO was amazing! People were coming up to me throughout the night to tell me how incredible the band was. They were energetic, got everyone involved, and made the dancefloor a highlight of the night!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Tom Married on 10/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Premier band with excellent musicianship and professionalism

SRO was recommended to us by two separate couples who had them play at their own weddings. In short, I am glad that I took their advice and had SRO play at my own wedding! The band was simply fantastic from start to finish. SRO was extremely organized, energized and insightful which made the planning process easy. The band's flawless performance was the obvious highlight with them playing all of the songs that we had on our wish list plus more! SRO did a great job of interacting with the crowd and kept the dance floor full the entire wedding which I have never seen before! SRO will make your wedding a special memorable experience for everyone.
    Meaghan C. Married on 10/15/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best wedding band around!

Standing Room Only was the best choice for our wedding! We had so many guests tell us it was the best wedding band they have ever heard. From the start Kara was easy to communicate with and was so easy to work with. We are so happy we picked SRO for our wedding!
  • Gregory
    Gregory J. Married on 09/10/2022

Great Band

We hired SRO for our daughter’s wedding three weeks ago and are very happy we did! We had music all night long! They played during cocktail hour and during dinner! All wonderful! They helped keep the evening going all night at a great pace! There was a great variety of different music! They were very easy to work with! They learned a Beach Boys song! We had a ten piece orchestra and they totally rocked the dance floor all night long! Our guests danced all night long! We received so many complements on this band! If you want an exciting, fun, and dancing all night long this is the band to have!! This band is wonderful! Hire them!
    Pat Married on 08/06/2022

SRO rocks!

Standing Room Only absolutely ROCKED our wedding. Kara was so easy to work with and professional from beginning to end. She incorporated our specific asks while creating a set list that kept the dance floor going the WHOLE time. If you want your guests up dancing rather than sitting and watching, this is the band for you! We received countless compliments from our guests (old and young) that the band was the best they have ever seen at a wedding. They even traveled to the Lake Geneva area where we got married, no problem. I will definitely be recommending SRO to anyone I come across looking for a professional, fun, and rocking wedding band for their special day. Thanks, Kara & SRO!
    Green L. Married on 07/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Talented & fun musicians who are a delight to work with

Our organization hired the Standing Room Only Orchestra for an event, and we couldn't be happier to have done so! All of our interactions were extremely professional, and the band members could not have been more polite and helpful. They knew the perfect mix of music to keep people on the dance floor, and they were really talented musicians, as well. Fun was had by all, and we will definitely hire them to play for our next big event!
    Emily D. Married on 06/25/2022

Standing Room Only Lives Up To The Name

Kara & Standing Room Only was a first-rate wedding band with the utmost professionalism and groove. We were beyond impressed with their talent, sound and flexibility to fit in where we needed them at our venue. Our wedding day would not have been as fun as it was without them. They truly are the best live band we have ever heard at a wedding and we have been to several! Hire them if you have the chance and you won't be disappointed.
    Tony H. Married on 04/23/2022

Absolutely Amazing

They kept the dance floor full and the crowd moving for three solid hours. Their song selection was great, and they are supremely talented musicians. Our guests raved about how wonderful the Standing Room Only Orchestra was!
  • Shawn
    Shawn B. Married on 12/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best choice for wedding entertainment

We chose Standing Room Only Orchestra to perform at our wedding and from the first conversation with Kara I knew we made the best choice. So easy to work with, professional, responsive and reliable, the whole process was smooth and worry free. SRO provided live ceremony music, live cocktail hour music as well as the full reception. The versatility and range of services was perfect and the expertise in working with us to understand and complete our vision was outstanding. The performance was second to none, the dance floor was packed the entire night, they brought great energy and the guests couldn't stop raving about them! I can't express enough how much a fantastic live band adds to the entire experience and SRO is a perfect 10.
    Mary P. Married on 10/16/2021

SRO Rocked the Dance Floor

Standing Room Only (SRO) was a fantastic addition to our wedding day. My older sister used this band a few years ago and I was excited to be able to work with them for our wedding. Kara and the whole team was organized and quick to respond. She made sure she had (and followed) our preferences, but she took on the bulk of planning and made the process so easy!

On our wedding day, SRO did a great job of MCing and then opened the dance floor for 3 hours of rocking! We would highly recommend working with SRO and are so grateful that they were a part of our day!
  • F
    Flo M. Married on 08/27/2021

SRO is amazing!

Kara Kesselring and the band were absolutely amazing! If you are looking for a band that will get your guests up and moving, tapping their feet, and singing along, SRO is the band to hire. Our guests ranged from children to seniors and everyone in between. Everyone was on the dance floor enjoying their beautiful music. Kara is a gem. She is incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, patient and kind in helping you with song selection, reception itinerary, and timing. The band made it happen. Their voices and instruments blended into perfect harmony. We had guest after guest ask where we had found this wonderful band… and this was only the six-piece ensemble. You won’t ever regret booking SRO!
    Abigail Married on 05/22/2021

Amazing Wedding Band

Kara was so helpful throughout our entire wedding planning process. We booked SRO before Covid and when we realized that our wedding was going to half the size as originally planned, Kara was extremely flexible when we asked to make changes to contract.

She also provided a ton of guidance when my husband and I couldn't decide on song choices. We knew she was the expert so we told her we wanted music to keep people on the dance floor and trusted her with the rest!

I've gotten nothing but compliments from my guests about SRO - our wedding was the first big event since the beginning of Covid and they made it a total blast!
    Mark D. Married on 08/02/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Incredible experience from planning all the way to the last song.

Our wedding was a few weeks ago now, and still the first thing I hear from our guests is how awesome the band was! Kara and the rest of SRO kept the dance floor completely packed all night, at some points there wasn't enough space for everybody on the dance floor. They have a great variety of music old and new and are willing to learn anything that they may not already know. I was thoroughly impressed by how they kept energy high by stringing songs together and flowing from one to the next without slowing down.
    On top of a great performance the day of the wedding, Kara made everything music related fun and easy all the way leading up. They provided music for us throughout the entire evening from the cocktail hour through dinner, down to the very last song. They made no fuss going between playlists and live music and curated everything we asked for.
    In addition Kara was a great MC all night for the entire event through all of the speeches and everything else.
    I could not give a higher recommendation for Kara and the rest of Standing Room Only Orchestra. If you want great music and a fun easy experience, book them straight away!
    Mike Married on 06/27/2020

Incredible!

SRO had the whole room dancing all night! Kara was so helpful with everything we wanted and needed. It was such a great experience, and were happy they traveled from Chicago to Milwaukee for the best party!
  • Glen
    Glen K. Married on 03/06/2020

Standing Room Only does great with 50th anniversary

We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary in June at our beautiful farm in SE Iowa. Standing Room Only entertained for our celebration . Our guests absolutely loved them and danced all evening. We highly recommend Standing Room Only.
    Monte L. Married on 11/05/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

SRO did a wonderful job and I recommend them highly!

SRO exceeded our expectations in every way. The musicians were tight, the vocals were superb, and they were responsive to our requests for the types of music that we wanted for our anniversary party. The members were so friendly and helpful in making sure that they were prepared before the event and even visited the venue beforehand so they would know what type of sound equipment to bring and how to plan their setup. All of this meant for a great performance that everyone enjoyed immensely. I will recommend them to anyone for any type of party where live music can add to the festivities.
    David M. Married on 07/20/2019

Great entertainment and

SRO made our event even better! Kara was great to work with, and our conference attendees really enjoyed the music and entertainment. If you're looking for a professional, talented and overall great entertainment for your event, I can't recommend Standing Room Only highly enough.
  • Marty
    Marty D. Married on 06/02/2019

Exaclty What We Wanted, Endless Compliments

SRO was an absolute treat, and the perfect enhancement for our wedding. They took our music likes and dislikes and formed a program for the night that was exactly what we wanted, even though it may not have been "the usual requests." Their rendition of "Shout" was SPOT ON. And they knew exactly when to keep the energetic beats going, and when it was time to give everyone a breather with a slow song. And Kara was a perfect emcee for the evening: she kept the speeches and pace quick at the beginning, then made sure everyone had a good time the rest of the night. I would happily recommend them to anyone who wants a live band for their special day.
  • Nicolette
    Nicolette C. Married on 06/01/2019

AMAZING! 10/10 recommend

We booked SRO for our wedding reception and HOLY COW were they amazing! And I know we weren't just being biased because even now we still have wedding guests telling us how much they loved our reception band and how amazing the music was. The whole band was exceptionally talented, professional and organized. 10/10 would recommend booking them for your wedding / event!!!
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 05/25/2019

Such a great experience!

My Dad insisted I work with my sister’s band from a decade ago! I however wasn’t so sure... it’s been a decade and did I really want my sister’s wedding band to play?! Heck yes I did! Working with Kara and the rest of standing room only was in the end one of my most confident decisions I made for my wedding day. Kara was there for me in the process and her and I worked on an extra special project for my groom. Thank you Standing Room Only for making my wedding day So Much FUN! You guys blew all of my guests out of the water that they keep talking about the night weeks later! They were such a pleasure to have we loved every moment!
    Keaton C. Married on 05/10/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best wedding band ever!!!

Simply put! They are the best band you could have for your wedding! They were the talk of the reception. Everyone loved them and couldn't get enough of them. The dance floor was filled the whole night!!
    Tabitha G. Married on 10/27/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly Recommend Standing Room Only!

Really accommodating and so easy to work with. We had SO much fun at our reception!! If you want everyone dancing at your wedding, this is the band you should go with.
    Stephanie Married on 08/04/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    You guys. Stop here! Look no further. Standing Room Only was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding and I would choose them again in a heartbeat! The dance floor was packed from beginning to end with people of all ages! They absolutely killed it. I don’t think many of my college friends left the dance floor the entire night. Family and friends called us after the wedding to say they have never seen that many people still on the dance floor at midnight. There was hardly a break between songs - they just kept rolling! Amazing!!
    In addition to the reception, we used SRO for ceremony music and cocktail hour music. There were multiple options to choose from for both - we went with an acoustic guitar and violin for the ceremony and the jazz trio for the cocktail hour. I would HIGHLY recommend these options!! I distinctly remember hearing the processional song I chose as I walked down the aisle and thinking how beautiful it was. Kara was fantastic to work with throughout the whole process. She was quick to respond to emails and accommodated ALL of our requests! The band learned songs for the ceremony and the reception that we requested, and they performed them perfectly.
    Many people told us that was the best wedding they have ever been to, and I think SRO was a huge part of that. My parents told the venue manager to recommend SRO to anyone else who gets married there. I've had friends call me over the past few weeks to get the band info so that they can use them of recommend to other friends. I am SOOOOO happy that we chose Standing Room Only!!
illustration stars