Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar Reviews

Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar 3
  • Brian

Brian Daugette · Married on 11/05/2019

Incredibly responsive, and talented

Stan was awesome. He was very responsive to our emails. He even learned a few songs for us that weren't in his playlist, and adjusted his performance based on the vibe of the reception. If you're looking for some some great acoustic music for your event, go with Stan.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Meredith · Married on 09/27/2019

Awesome Experience

I'm so glad we booked Stan for our ceremony music. He was very quick to respond, easy and flexible to work with, and the music was fantastic. It was exactly what we wanted for our ceremony. I'd highly recommend him to anyone looking for music during your wedding. He made everything so easy for us!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Dan

Dan Boyd · Married on 06/29/2019

Extremely talented and professional musician

Stan played guitar at our ceremony, and he was fantastic. He arrived on time, played exactly the songs we wanted, and everything went off without a hitch. We kinda dragged our feet with selecting songs for him, but he was kind, understanding, professional, and extremely quick to respond. He was a joy to work with, and any wedding ceremony would be better to have him included.
    Thank you, Stan!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar's reply:

Dan - thanks for your kind words! It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding in that beautiful setting at the Waterfront Park. And the weather cooperated!!

Scott Devening · Married on 06/08/2019

Stan Hamrick

Stan played the cocktail hour between my daughter’s wedding and the reception. He was perfect for the occasion and I received many positive reviews from our guests. I highly recommend Stan for any occasion.

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Adam

Adam Hancock · Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect!!!

I reached out to Stan two weeks before our wedding in a panic, as our previous ceremony and cocktail hour musician booked a more lucrative gig and terminated our contract at the last minute. I did a quick google search and found Stan on weddingwire and his style & description fit exactly what we were looking for. From the first day I reached out to Stan he was professional, responsive, and was able to accommodate our special date without hesitation. Furthermore, my wife and I had been planning our wedding for over a year and we had our hearts set on my wife walking down the aisle to "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles. All I can say is WOW!! Stan pulled this off with such precision and his music was absolutely perfect for the processional, recessional, and cocktail hour. I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason and Stan was meant to play on our special day. Thank you Stan!!!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar's reply:

Thank you Adam! It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day - especially with all the Beatles tunes you wanted! Best to you and Bree!!

Beth hulburt · Married on 03/23/2019

hire this guy

So glad he was available for our wedding! He was hired with short notice, very professional, made great suggestions, played lovely music. Our guests commented on how much they enjoyed it. Thank you!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar's reply:

Thanks Beth!! It was a pleasure being a part of your big beautiful day at lovely Moss Vineyards!!! Best to Nick.
  • Ellie

Ellie Sexton · Married on 02/22/2019

Best wedding musician!

Stan just really set the tone for our entire wedding. He's such an amazing musician, it was absolutely magical to walk down the aisle with my father with Stan's beautiful guitar accompanying us. The transition between each room, from ceremony to the cocktail, felt so effortless with Stan.
    With the craziness of the day of our wedding, we didn't have to worry a thing with Stan, he was there way earlier to set himself up and was ready to go way in advance. Our ceremony started later than planned and the cocktail hour went long, but he was so gracious and nice to play through it all!!
    Our speaker we were going to use for the reception broke 3 days before the wedding, and Stan was there to save the day for us with his speaker!

We absolute recommend hiring Stan Hamrick for any events big and small, he's just such a joy to be around, so easy to work with, the level of professionalism is excellent (as a bride planning a wedding from a far, he was very quick and responsive which helped ease the process). His musicianship is off the chart with wide range of repertoire! He really set the tone and the mood for our wedding, and would definitely invite him again for any other events!!

Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar 4
    Sent on 03/08/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2018

Stan was the absolute BEST! He is so incredibly talented and many guests mentioned how good it all sounded! He even learned to play my, now husband’s, and I’s song for me to walk down the aisle to. It was all just amazing and Stan made it even better! Thank you!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

Everything was perfect. It was exactly what we wanted it. He was very easy to work with, very professional, & knew exactly what he was doing. I would definitely recommend him and hire him again.

Sent on 06/03/2018

chris · Married on 05/19/2018

Stan is the man! Easiest way to put it. I felt Stan was genuinely happy to be a part of our day. He was very accommodating, very friendly and one heck of a guitar player! Highly recommend Stan.

Sent on 05/20/2018

Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar's reply:

Thank you Chris. It was my pleasure!

jonathan · Married on 05/12/2018

Stan was great to deal with from start to finish! His flexibility was appreciated and everyone commented positively about his music. I would strongly recommend him for your wedding or any special event. Thanks for everything Stan!!!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar's reply:

Thanks Jon! It was a pleasure being a part of yours and sara's day. Best wishes!

Kristin · Married on 01/06/2018

Stan did a wonderful job playing at my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He was so great to work with prior to the wedding. He provided a detailed list of music he played (very diverse) and even offered to learn songs. Many guests raved about him to me at the wedding. Would recommend booking Stan for your event!

Sent on 02/18/2018

Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar's reply:

Thanks Kristin! Great to be part of your special day!

Eric · Married on 10/15/2017

First of all the band was fantastic. The showed early to setup and played till the last guest left. they played the pre-ceremony music, the ceremony music, and reception. We had a wide variety for guest's tastes and Stan's group had something for everyone.
    And they were so accommodating. A friend of my wife's requested to sing our first song. We asked Stan and he stepped right up and sent her some short digital files of accompanying music she could practice to, and on wedding day is was beautiful and flawless. He even stepped in and MC'd for us at the last minute.
    I can recommend his band highly enough!

Sent on 02/27/2018

Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar's reply:

Thanks Eric! It was a pleasure being a part of that special day!!

Elly · Married on 10/07/2017

Potmac Jazz not only take their music seriously, they're very professional in demeanor. We were fortunate to have them play at our wedding reception. We requested an unlisted song for our first dance and Stan managed to practice and provide a demo recording. We were grateful to have this in order to practice with our dance instructor prior to our wedding. The band was on point and created an enjoyable atmosphere not only for us but our guests as well. They deserve all the praise!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Billy · Married on 09/23/2017

Stan is a consummate professional and a highly skilled musician. He performed solo classical guitar at my wedding, both the service and the cocktail hour and my wife and I could not have been more pleased. There were also many compliments from the guests. Highly recommended!

Timothy · Married on 09/03/2017

Stan was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had a small wedding in the middle of the Virginia countryside. From first contact he was very responsive, collaborative and open. He prepared four different songs we had requested for the ceremony. His playing on the guitar and singing were the perfect complement to an amazingly beautiful occasion. I would recommend Stan to anyone.

Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar 5
    Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar 6

Stan Hamrick - Acoustic Guitar's reply:

Thank you Tim! It was a pleasure to be a part of your celebration!!! Hope the whole family is well.

Paul · Married on 06/17/2017

Stan and his group were amazing at our wedding! We asked him to play the instrumental for a couple of songs that were not in his repertoire when my wife walked down the aisle and he practiced them and played them to perfection for us. I really appreciated it and it made my wife very happy.

Sent on 02/08/2018

Edwin · Married on 11/11/2016

Stan played for my wedding a little over a year ago, in November. He played on a weekly basis at a restaurant I was managing at the time, and he was both a crowd and employee favorite, so I knew he'd be a great choice once I found out he also does weddings!

Even though I had the advantage of already knowing his skillset, I was completely satisfied and certainly impressed with his knowledge and ability to play just about anything, literally. He was 100% accommodating in terms of playing what we wanted to hear, and also had suggestions that were very helpful and helped make our wedding that much more memorable.

Would absolutely recommend to anyone who needs a live musician. Professional, friendly, personable, and pricing was more than reasonable. Thanks Stan!

Rachel · Married on 05/02/2015

Stan and the Potomac Jazz Project provided an outstanding evening of high quality and entertaining music for our guests at my daughter's wedding reception. They worked with me on a request list and were willing to learn two new songs for the occasion. This meant a great deal to me and my family. The guests raved about the music. I cannot say enough about how pleased we are with Potomac Jazz.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Kent · Married on 10/18/2014

Stan and the Potomac Jazz Project were exceptional for my wedding reception. Stan did a terrific job in custom-designing the event with seasoned, professional musicians -- at a reasonable price. We started the evening with a duo for the cocktail hour (very nice), expanded to a trio for the dinner hour, and then expanded into a full eight-piece jazz band for after-dinner dancing. The band was comprised of truly professional musicians playing American songbook classics (which was great for my inter-generational guests). First rate performance. Stan and his assembled musicians are the real deal. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Courtney · Married on 08/16/2014

Potomac Jazz Project was phenomenal! They accommodated all of our requests for songs and even worked on the timing to make sure they fit within the scope of the ceremony. We would highly recommend them. They were professional and very pleasant to work with.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Eric · Married on 06/07/2014

If you want Jazz of any kind at your wedding, look no further! As a musicians ourselves, the bar was high for a band at our wedding, and we were thrilled with the Potomac Jazz Project. (We had a trio of piano, bass, and drums) Stan and the band were very responsive to our requests - both musical and logistical - and they were a true asset to the event.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Perfect! Set the mood for the most wonderful day of my life. Stan and the band were very talented and professional. They were so accommodating and when I requested certain songs, they were able to play all of them. If you looking for a jazz band that can play the classics, look no further. I'm so happy I chanced upon them.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Tim · Married on 05/16/2014

We engaged the Potomac Jazz Project for our daughter's wedding and could not have been more pleased with this decision. From the initial contact, Stan was prompt, professional and always in communication. We cruised from Annapolis to Baltimore for 3 1/2 hours and the music was outstanding and set the perfect mood for a glorious afternoon on the Chesapeake.
    Stan made the suggestion for a quartet of bass, drums and keyboard with a vocalist and that worked out perfect. I requested they be playing when our guests boarded and when we got to the ship, there was PJP, on-board laying down a cool, classy sound. Our guests were blown away by the quality and selections of classic standards and jazz renditions. Everyone complimented us on the band.
    The Potomac Jazz Project are ultimate professionals, accommodating and the perfect compliment to almost any event where live music would enhance the party. I will surely be using them in the future and I highly recommend Stan Hamrick and the PJP to class-up your next event!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Potomac Jazz Project played my wedding on October 19, 2013 and they were the absolute best to work with. From the inquiry stage all the way to the week of the event, Stan's responsiveness was great. So many of our guests commented on how great the music was - it truly made the event. I highly recommend working with Potomac Jazz Project!

Sent on 11/01/2013