Stacy Smith Studios Reviews

Stacy Smith Studios 6
Stacy Smith Studios 7

Jessica Furtado · Married on 09/14/2019

Getting ready location

I rented out the studio for me and my girls to get ready for my 9/14 wedding and was it breathe taking. The studio was huge plenty of room for all of us plus some to get ready in. My photographers were like a kid at disney with all the photo ops they definitely wasn't expecting that with the mill look on the outside they couldn't wait to start shooting. Stacy provides so many little extras microwave, fridge, bluetooth speaker, utensils, plates and even cups and glasses which was great having less stuff to remember to bring on an already hectic day. Stacy and Jake were very responsive,friendly, and accommodating for my group even when we ran out of time and just had to go and leave some stuff behind. Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience and I highly recommend them to everyone. Everyone has been raving about the pictures!!!!

Sent on 09/18/2019
    Stacy Smith Studios 8
  • Fidelia

Fidelia · Married on 07/19/2019

Dream Team

Stacy and Shawn were great to work with and work so well together! Stacy is very knowledgeable and talented and made us feel so comfortable since we first met her. With all the run arounds and added stress on the wedding day, she and Shawn were flexible, fun and stayed on top of everything. Our engagement and wedding photos came out amazing! We absolutely loved them! We wish her and Shawn all the success in their work and will definitely book them in the future!

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2019

Simply amazing

I could go on for hours about the photography done by Stacy Smith studios for my wedding day but for a second I would like to tell you how renting her studio the day of my wedding really made my day even more perfect. With a lot of family situations at hand we were literally unsure of where we would be living and or how would we be getting ready for the wedding day. I didn't want a typical hotel that would look like any other pics . As a former hair dresser I know how hard it is for the artist to do their work in such confined spaces. Stacy's studio gave me eveythjnt I needed for my day. For starters the place is HUGE. I had 10 brides maids an a flower .. plus 3 additional friends an aunt and my mother all in the same space to get ready ,, you can't say that about your house or a hotel typically. We walked around with out getting in the way of each other at all. The make up artist an hair dressers had a room to do hair an make in with styling chairs beautiful mirrors an natural lighting. Stacy also provided a blue tooth speaker an a fridge for all the goodies. There where also an additional bathroom ! Now to the next part the studio makes the perfect imagines timeless. There was ample parking for my huge bridal party wich was also very helpful . Stacy is also very accommodating when it came to getting the key to set up .. she really made me feel at ease. I would highly recommend not only Stacy's work but her studio rental.. by far the best 2 decisions I made during wedding planning.. wedding planning is so stressful but i am so very thankful I came across Stacy's add to rent her studio over a year ago .. that simple inquiry about the studio made me fall in love with not only the studio an her work but Stacy her self is beautiful inside and out ...Stacy’s work speaks for its self ! There is simply no other way to say it ! I look at my photos daily as a reminder of what a great day she gave me by capturing all the shots I NEEEDED and wanted. She went directly off my Pinterest bored and off a list she asked to do my self for “shots request “. The best of the best ! I'm so blessed to say that I was lucky enough to not only have her studio but for her as my photographer on my wedding day .. you will not have a single regret .. book Stacy book the studio I promise it will
    Be the best decision you will make in your wedding planning

Sent on 08/29/2019
    Stacy Smith Studios 9

Hillary · Married on 11/11/2018

As a wedding officiant, I've worked with many photographers and I must say, Stacy Smith and her team are outstanding. They are more than mere professionals, they are great people who are deeply invested in preserving the moments that make life worth living. If you peruse Stacy's portfolio you'll find that her work is exceptional. Her photos show a keen balance of elegant poses and artful candids. She knows how to use light and shadow, framing and focus to capture the true depth of emotion and movement. She is both skilled and talented at what she does. Additionally, she's a lot of fun to work with! She has a great sense of humor and a beautiful spirit. I've seen her calm nervous brides and make grooms laugh, putting everyone at ease on the big day. If you want beautiful photos of your wedding that truly tell your story, Stacy Smith is your photographer.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Katelyn · Married on 10/26/2018

I had such a difficult time choosing a photographer for my wedding. I met multiple photographers in person and for some reason I just couldn't pull the trigger....then I met Stacy! She made my fiancée and I feel so at ease. She was professional, creative, energetic and so talented. Our wedding is next October but we recently had our engagement session and let me tell you....I was blown away! She was open minded to all of our suggestions and she had such a creative eye! We got our photos back right away and my fiancé and I could not be more impressed. Stacy is by far the best choice!!

Sent on 10/19/2017
    Stacy Smith Studios 10

Katelyn Adams · Married on 10/26/2018

Stress free & amazing

After searching tirelessly for a photographer for our wedding we came across Stacy Smith and after our initial meeting, my fiancé (at the time) and I were 100% certain that she was the one! She was organized, creative and made us both feel extremely at ease and comfortable. Stacy and her team are so professional and welcoming. They know exactly how to get the perfect shots and are always willing to go above and beyond. I will NEVER use another photographer again. Stacy and her team have a customer for life with us. We can’t say enough good things about them and the service they provide. On our wedding day the one thing I was not worried about was Stacy & her team. She made sure I was stress free and kept us all on schedule. With all of the chaos going on the day of the wedding it was such a relief to have Stacy and her team there.

Stacy Smith Studios 11
    Stacy Smith Studios 12
  • Ainsley

Ainsley Mclachlan · Married on 10/12/2018

Exceeds all expectations!!

You will 120% not be sorry for choosing Stacy Smith Studios as your photographer for ANY event!!! I can't even begin to describe how special she made our big day. From the first day we met, to our (complimentary) engagement photos, to the wedding and everywhere in between she has been there for us. We first met Stacy at a friend's wedding and we were blown away by the engagement and wedding pictures she took for them. Stacy is one of the sweetest women we've ever met, offering to be there if we needed anything at all throughout the whole wedding process. On our wedding day her and Shawn were there excited as ever with huge smiles on their faces. Also, it had rained the whole morning before the wedding, so the ground was pretty wet, but during our photos at cocktail hour, Shawn wouldn't even let me move unless he was behind me holding my dress off the ground. He was so funny, kind and easy-going. They had both memorized a majority of the pictures that I had pinned on Pinterest and made sure they made most of them happen. Stacy even brought a giant picture frame as a prop for one of the pictures that I wanted. We received more compliments about the photographers than anything else on our wedding day. We also had a Photo Booth through the studio in which Taryn spent the whole night dealing with the little kids that wanted to take photos every 5 minutes (and help put the book together) with a smile on her face. It was so much fun going through the photobook the next day! Everyone was so impressed that they stayed as long as they did, that they reached out to our family and friends asking if they would pose for pictures, and because they were such nice people. They all truly made sure they captured every second of the day and it meant so much to us. We are so excited to see all of our photos and share them with everyone. We have no doubt in our minds that they are going to be AMAZING! If you are trying to decide whether or not to go with Stacy Smith Studios, let me decide for you. DO IT!

• Ramona

Ramona Carbone · Married on 09/29/2018

This is one photographer you need!

I simply can not say enough great things about Stacy. On one of the most stressful days ever she made it wonderful. Her eye is impeccable. She got shots at my daughters wedding that moved people to tears they were so good. She has such a great personality that she felt like family. I was honored to have her with us that day! If your looking for someone with a great eye for detail and the warmest heart call Stacy. I guarantee you will be happy!

Stacy Smith Studios 13

Michaela Jones · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing and understanding

Stacy and Sean did a fantastic job! They will literally do whatever it takes to get the photo - lie on the ground, climb in bushes...They really get a feel for what the couple is going for

Ashley · Married on 09/01/2018

The first time my now husband and I met with Stacy, we knew she had to capture our special day. On the day of the wedding, Stacy and Shawn were a dream team. From the moment they arrived, they had us laughing and put us at ease. They were not afraid to crawl in bushes, climb on furniture or lay on the ground, all for the perfect shot. It is obvious in speaking with them that they are passionate about what they do. It has been two weeks since our wedding and we have just received our sneak peek. Amazing! The photos Stacy and Shawn took to capture our day have far exceeded our expectations and we can't wait to see the rest! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/22/2018
    Stacy Smith Studios 14
    Stacy Smith Studios 15
    Stacy Smith Studios 16
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 08/30/2018

Why I chose Stacy Smith for my Destination Wedding!

Why I chose Stacy Smith for my Destination Wedding!!!

This review is lengthy, but if you're a bride in search of a great photographer please read this in it's entirety. You won't be sorry! Stacy Smith is AMAZING!

Hiring wedding vendors is an overwhelming process to say the least! Where do you even begin!?!? I searched and searched for photographers and then I heard about Stacy through a friend who hired her to photograph her wedding and raved about her photography work. I then heard about Stacy again from a friend who is a small business owner who met Stacy at a small business event and had nothing but wonderful things to say about her as a person. This girls name just kept coming up with such good reviews, so I decided I would give her a go for our engagement photos. I knew it would only be for the engagement photos because we were having a destination wedding and I automatically assumed that we could not budget in to house another person besides ourselves while in Mexico.

So we went to the engagement shoot not having a clue what to expect, and let me tell you, we had an absolute blast with Stacy! She is fun and outgoing and is willing to do whatever it takes to get a good shot! She made us feel so comfortable and relaxed while in front of the camera. We laughed so much, I swear we almost forgot she was even shooting pictures! We had only just met her, but felt like we'd known her for years! We maybe spent an hour to 90 minutes with her and on our way back to the cars asked her what it would take to get her to accompany us to Mexico to shoot our wedding!

Before the big day, I decided to have Stacy shoot a boudoir session with me as a gift for my husband. What an amazing experience that was. Stacy made me feel sexy and confident while in front of the camera. She gave me tips ahead of time on how to get a good shot as well as provided me with the option to have my hair and makeup done by a professional at her studio before the shoot. She went above and beyond in helping me prepare and in the end provided me with a gorgeous leather bound book filled with photos for my husband to enjoy. ( He LOVES it BTW!)

Fast forward to our big day, in Mexico. We decided that we did not want to hire the photographer that the resort provided. We felt that not getting to know them ahead of time would never allow us to feel comfortable in front of the camera and we would never have the opportunity to connect with them on a personal level. For those reasons, I felt our photos would suffer and I decided against hiring anyone but Stacy! And to be honest, the price to bring her was compareable to the photographers prices there at the venue! Needless to say...Stacy came! Stacy spent a few days in sunny Mexico with us and we were given the opportunity to work with a unique photographer that we've gotten to know on a personal level. She knew what we liked and didn't like in photos, she knew how we interacted with one another as well as how we interacted with her and the camera. We felt 100% comfortable while she photographed us because by the time our destination wedding rolled around, we felt close enough to Stacy to be able to call her our friend. The day of our wedding was much like the day of the previous photo sessions we had. Lots of laughing, fun, and being ourselves! Stacy had scoped out the resort to find a perfect spot for our "first look" photos, she laid in the White sands of Mexico to get the perfect shot of our group toast, and even participated in a push up challenge with our best man! We had an absolute blast!

The day after our wedding we went out for a sunset trash the dress session. We trekked through some rocky beach water to make our way to a secluded area that provided indescribable scenary for our shots. Stacy showed no hesitation in bringing all of her equipment out there with us. She was willing to do what she had to do to get the most amazing shots imaginable. What I love most about Stacy, is how passionate she is about her job. She LOVES what she does and it shows in her work. She gets so giddy and excited when reviewing photos scanning for blinking eyes and imperfections. It is a joy to watch her master what she truely loves to do.

We feel truely blessed to have found Stacy, grateful that she was able and willing to travel outside the country to shoot our wedding, and privileged to have her artwork showcase some of the greatest moments in our lives. Our wedding will NOT be our last photography session with Stacy Smith Studios!

We have zero regrets in our decision to bring Stacy to shoot our destination wedding! And you won't either!

Crystal · Married on 08/24/2018

We spent a while searching for a photographer who we could connect with. Our wedding pictures were very important to us. We wanted someone who cared greatly not only about us, but about the quality of the pictures. My first phone call with Stacy was so informative. She is professional, knowledgeable, and I wish I had found her sooner as she immediately had suggestions to help in our planning. Stacy and Shawn took great interest in our timeline, the details, and making sure they focused on the things that were important to us. The day itself went great. Shawn, Jose and Eddie were fun, energetic, and very professional. We've already seen some of their work and everything looks amazing. We couldn't be happier with the decision to team up with Stacy Smith Studios and highly recommend them!

Crystal and MJ

Sent on 09/19/2018

Danielle · Married on 08/04/2018

Stacy was professional, energetic, and very accommodating for us. On the day of our wedding, a tornado touched down only a few miles away from the venue. Even with all the crazy weather, traffic, and chaos she was on time, helpful and flexible! With that being said, we were running later than expected. Stacy stayed with me and the bridesmaids making sure my hair and dress were perfect. We were able to work with the weather to get some amazing pictures taken on a day that'll never be forgotten. Stacy and Moe took amazing pictures and we couldn't be happier with how they came out!

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Stacy Smith Studios 17

Kimberly · Married on 06/24/2018

Amazing!

Stacy is amazing to work with! My husband and I live in NC and were on vacation in RI to plan our wedding. Stacy was able to see us with the tight schedule we had, as we were there for a week. We had some idea of what we wanted for pictures. We met with Stacy and she takes the time to get to know you as a couple, your family dynamic and bridal party. After meeting with her and leaving, we looked at each other and said “She’s the one!” What we had decided for a budget didn’t matter anymore... we knew we had to hire Stacy. We also had engagement photos done and due to vacation time and traveling Stacy agreed to work around our schedule and did them a week before the wedding. She’s very responsive, flexible and most of all easy to work with! I would recommend her and her team to anyone who asks! She has definitely gained a life long customer with us!

Holli · Married on 06/23/2018

Breathtaking!

I heard about Stacy from a friend and we are so glad we hired her and her team! I knew from the first time meeting her she would do an amazing job and she blew us out of the water. I rented the studio to get ready before the wedding and the space is so magical and breathtaking. We also rented the photo booth, all of our guests absolutely loved it! She put together a scrap book at the end of the night of all the photo strips and our guests could write us all a special message. I can not put into words what an AMAZING job she did. Stacy will do anything to get the most perfect shot......she was in the marsh! Our ceremony was very emotional and every shot she captured was beautiful. Every time I look at the photos I get emotional, I feel as though I am in that moment again. I couldn't be more grateful for her and the wonderful works she does!!

Brittany · Married on 06/02/2018

Stacy Smith Studios provided one of my greatest experiences. I went for a boudoir shoot, and Stacy made me feel completely comfortable. Before the shoot, we prepared my outfits and some ideas for poses or accessories. She helped with with my poses. It was extremely fun and easy to work with Stacy, she even provided a little champagne to make me less nervous. I became more confident as the shoot went on, and I am more than happy that I did it. I loved the images, I didn't know you could look so beautiful, but Stacy really captures it! She worked with me for edits and photo placement. She really takes your opinion and suggestions into account, she is not pushy. This was an amazing experience, but also a very professional one. If you want pictures done, sexy or otherwise, see Stacy because she will capture exactly what you want!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Meaghan · Married on 05/19/2018

Working with Stacy was absolutely awesome, from start to finish. She was very flexible about where and when we were available for our engagement shoot and then was super amazing on our wedding day. It rained and was very windy all day and she made it work! The photos were incredible and we could not have been any happier with the outcome. She will literally do anything and everything to capture your wedding day memories and that is why I would recommend her to all of my family and friends in the future.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Jennifer Azevedo · Married on 05/12/2018

Amazing to work with!

Stacy was amazing to work with. From our first meeting with her, I knew I didn't want to work with anyone else.
    She also did our engagement photos which came out beautifully. We also hired her to take photographs at our rehearsal party, and we were so grateful to have professional photographs from that event as well as the wedding. She was extremely professional (and so was her colleague) and fun to work with. Most importantly, she had a really calm demeanor the day of the wedding, so I didn't feel like I had to worry about anything. She's fantastic. I highly recommend her!

Melissa · Married on 04/27/2018

I did a boudoir session with Stacy back in March, I was doing the shoot for my future husband (at the time). I was so nervous to even think about doing one, I knew if I was going to I wanted to step out of my comfort zone. When Stacy contacted me about doing one she was so helpful with all the questions I had. When I got to Stacy's studio it was amazing! it looked great! so many pictures displayed, her set up and backdrops look amazing! She has a beautiful room you can get ready in. The bedroom set!!! Is out of this world!! I packed a bag of all my outfits, shoes and accessories. We both went thru all the clothes I had and Stacy worked her magic of which outfits would go best in the studio. So here we go! It was time for me to get my first outfit on. I was so nervous I was basically shaking. I had a Bruins T-shirt on with my new last name on the back with only booty shorts on. I told Stacy I felt odd walking around with no pants on, Stacy told me this is a no pants area lol....Stacy is great! She made me feel so comfortable and beautiful. She always showed me how to pose and where to be before we started a new outfit. She even helped me with my lingerie when I couldn't get it to snap. Towards the end of my shoot It was my time to step out of the box and do the photos I was nervous about. At this point in the shoot I was ready. When I left Stacy's studio I felt amazing! I was so excited I did the shoot and also stepped out of my comfort zone. I left that shoot with no regrets. When I got my photos back I could not believe them!!! That's me!!!! They were all amazing. I picked my top photos I wanted and Stacy once again worked her magic and gave me a rough draft of what the photo book would look like. If you are going to do a shoot totally get the book!!!! On our wedding day I gave the book to my husband. He loved it!!! He also knows me and was shocked that I actually did it and stepped out of the box. I 100% recommend Stacy Smith.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Shawna · Married on 11/18/2017

Working with Stacy Smith Studios was a no-brainer for my fiance and I. From the moment we met with Stacy for our first consultation, we knew she was the photographer for us. We were comfortable with her immediately, and were pleasantly surprised at the affordability of her offerings - you make your own package and aren't forced into any pre-made packages. She made recommendations based on our wants and needs and quickly got us a quote for our wedding, including a complimentary engagement session. Our engagement session was perfect and allowed us a chance to really get to know Stacy. We were lucky enough to have both Stacy and Shawn shoot our wedding. The photos are absolute magic! We received many more photos than our original estimate, and Stacy even worked to get us our sneak peek and all of our formal photos in time for the holidays, less than a month after our wedding! I can't say enough about Stacy and her team. They go way above and beyond the call of duty; Stacy even helped me put my veil in and out of my hair without a hitch. Everyone in our wedding party enjoyed working with Stacy and Shaun. Do yourself a favor and book Stacy as soon as possible!

Sent on 02/14/2018
  • User6555509 · 1+ year ago

Stacy is wonderful. The engagement session was enjoyable and the photos were amazing. Can't wait for the wedding to see what she does.

Sent on 03/07/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/21/2017

Amazing photographer!! He and his assistant absolutely did there best to capture every moment of our day! He couldn't have said to me enough..."you don't ask me, you tell me" but let me just say I didn't have to tell him anything he did it better then I could have asked. I would recommend them to any bride and groom looking for that perfect photographer. We're so lucky to have found them.

The new,
    Mr. & Mrs. Masse

Sent on 10/23/2017

Mike · Married on 10/21/2017

The new,
    Mr. & Mrs. Masse

Sent on 10/23/2017

Renee · Married on 10/07/2017

STACY IS AMAZING!!!!! From the first meeting with her, we knew right away that she was the perfect fit for us. We had so much fun with her, she is so easy to work with and makes you feel completely at ease (and this is coming from someone who hates getting her picture taken). My husband hates it even more and after the engagement pictures he was more comfortable and it is 1000% because of Stacy! Stacy and Mike were amazing for our wedding day. They kept everything moving and the day went so smooth, I highly recommend booking them for your big day! By far one of the best decisions I made in the wedding planning process!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Cherelle · Married on 10/06/2017

Stacy just gets me, from the beginning she understood my concerns. She listened and didn't hesitate to make sure she snapped every pose we asked for.
    Stacy photographed our proposal, our engagement and our wedding. Shawn was also photographing our wedding day with Stacy, he was incredible as well. They are both so easy going, and they are determined to get the perfect shot, even if that means shoes off and get in the ocean!
    I highly recommend Stacy Smith Studios for ANY occasion. Next up will be the newborn pics!

Sent on 10/27/2017