Stacy Richardson Photography Reviews

21 | Birmingham, AL

21 Reviews for Stacy Richardson Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Harriet · Married on 12/10/2016

Stacy is so easy to work with. She took any pictures requested and was attentive to every detail. Excellent

Sent on 12/13/2016

kate · Married on 05/27/2012

Hiring Stacy was one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process. She has a personality that can light up a room and make you feel completely at ease and comfortable in front of the camera.

Her style is photojournalistic, so apart from the standard "posed" photos one must take, you won't even know she is there- and her imaged will simple tell the story of your wedding.

While she is currently based in Alabama, she also still works out of Annapolis so we didn't have to pay any additional fees for her to travel.

I look forward to seeing the rest of our photos and a long friendship with this amazing photographer

Sent on 06/11/2012

The · Married on 10/08/2011

We looked at several photographers and none were as passionate about our Wedding day like Stacy was. We booked Stacy in February
    2011 for our 8 October 2011 wedding at Kent Manor. From the very first time we sat down with Stacy it was like old friends that haven't seen each other in awhile. Sitting down with coffee talking about wedding photos to how our kids grow up so fast. Just that one time that we sat down with Stacy we knew that she was going to be an amazing photographer. We stayed in contact with Stacy during the planning of the wedding. Stacy put us at ease with any questions or decisions that we needed to make based upon our needs for the wedding. The day of the wedding Stacy and Heather greeted us upon arrival and helped out in so many ways! During the time we were getting ready for the wedding it seemed like Stacy and Heather weren't even there.
    Meaning, they blended right into the environment and just took amazing photos. Our wedding day was perfect, the weather, our families, friends and an amazing photographer! Stacy not only became our photographer but she became a close friend!!

Overall we were blessed to have Stacy as our photographer and we would HIGHLY recommend her to any of our friends and family!!!

Sent on 12/13/2011

Courtney · Married on 05/14/2011

You will not regret hiring Stacy Richardson. The moment we met with her we knew she would be perfect. Her work is beautiful and you feel so comfortable around her. She will do anything to get the perfect picture yet you barely know she is there. Everyone in our family and wedding party loved her, such a wonderful personality and delivers the absolute best shots of your day. We were so pleased with the final result. Photography was my #1 priority and I wanted the best....we absolutely got it with Stacy! Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/14/2011

Anne · Married on 05/01/2010

Stacy was awesome! From our first encounter with her up until the last dance of the night at our wedding we were in capable hands and couldn't feel better about our choice as photographer. During the wedding planning process we did interview other photographers and never felt comfortable with other vendors. There is a lot of trust involved with hiring a photographer and Stacy's warm, personal style coupled with her amazing talent makes her a perfect choice. We hired her for her photo-journalistic style, along with one assistant.
    My family was so impressed with Stacy and her work, that my sister and her fiance also hired her!

Sent on 08/15/2010

Emily · Married on 08/08/2009

Stacy was by far our BEST vendor. She did our engagement session as well as the wedding and the photos are simply incredible. She is super personable, super responsive, and the mini-slideshow is up within days of the event. We LOVED her!!!

Sent on 03/03/2010

Laura · Married on 05/30/2009

My husband and I LOVED having Stacy as our wedding photographer, and the pictures are amazing! She had photographed a coworker's wedding and I loved the pictures, so we met with Stacy over a year before our wedding. She immediately made us feel very comfortable. We had an engagement session with her in downtown Annapolis (where she had a great line-up of spots for photos), which was a great way to get used to her style. She was very good both at organizing family and friends into position for photographs quickly, and at taking candid/photojournalistic shots. She also went above and beyond by going to check out both our venue and the place we were getting ready to scout places for pictures, and showed up early and stayed late on our wedding day.

We are so pleased with the way the photos turned out. I highly recommend Stacy Richardson!

Sent on 07/14/2009

Laura · Married on 05/10/2008

Stacy provided us with the best photographs of our wedding we could ever imagine. They were truly artistic, captured the moments as they happened. We could not be happier! Her cost was very reasonable, comparable to most other photographers in the area, also we will get all the photos on a DVD. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 03/01/2009

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2007

Photography was outstanding! Stacy was very personable and had great idea's. She was also unobtrusive and we didn't even know she was there taking such great pictures. Service before and after the wedding was professional and Stacy was always quick to respond to any questions we had.
    Great work and would highly recommend.

Nicole · Married on 05/12/2007

Stacey Richardson was amazing. I couldn't have asked for anything better. She was great at making the photos not look posed but more natural. She was able to catch every element of the day and even got things that I didn't know about:)

I would recommend Stacey and do recommend her to all of my friends and family-she now takes our family portraits!

Donna · Married on 04/28/2007

My husband and I were extremely pleased with our photographs and wedding album. We would highly recommend Stacy Richardson Photography to anyone who has a special event they want captured on film.

Sent on 05/14/2008

Drew · Married on 04/27/2007

Stacey Richardson is a pleasure to work with. Her attention to detail and responsiveness was top notch. She was able to tell a wonderful story with her pictures and makes you feel as if you were there just by looking at them.

Sent on 05/05/2008

Kristin · Married on 06/04/2001

There is no greater celebration in my mind than that of a wedding; the joining together of two individuals, family members, and friends, as a symbol of ever lasting joy and love.

When I thought about the planning of our wedding I knew that the most important element to me was my photographer - I knew that years and years from now they would be our lasting memory of our day. With that being said I took finding a photographer VERY seriously. Stacy came to us highly recommended and as soon as I spoke to her I knew why. She was extremely professional and made me feel very comfortable through the whole process leading up to our day.

The day of the wedding Stacy could not have been more helpful - we have a very large family and we also had step family - she took control and made it very easy for me and my husband, we actually really enjoyed the whole process of taking our pictures. She really just let us be ourselves and we didn't even realize sometimes she was taking pictures.

She captured our entire day exactly how I remember it - she did not miss a single moment and what I loved about her photos the most was she did not miss a detail - she see's a wedding through the eyes of the bride and groom she captures moments that most people would never see. To say that we were pleased with her service would be an understatement.

I would recommend her to any bride - she made our day and our pictures that we will have for a lifetime so memorable!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Melanie · Married on 09/17/2011

Amazing, amazing, amazing! We were nervous that the pictures would feel awkward but Stacy and Erin made us feel like they were barely there and it was so easy and fun. We've only seen one of the pictures so far (on her website under the 365 blog for 9.17.11) and we can't wait for the rest!!!!!

Hire Stacy - you couldn't possibly regret it!

Sent on 09/27/2011

Julie · Married on 07/13/2008

Stacy is phenomenal to work with. She is easy going and does an incredible job. Her work speaks for itself. We also did an engagement session with her and would highly recommend doing so.

Sent on 08/06/2008

Andrew · Married on 03/29/2008

Stacy Richardson was one of a handful of area photographers who had an excellent sampling of candid photos on her website. We focused on candid photos because we assumed that if a photographer can handle candid shots, then she can handle posed shots and everything in between

We picked Stacy over other competant wedding photographers because of the smooth rapport we instantly felt with her. She was very friendly, warm, helpful, and patient during our initial meeting.

Stacy and her staff handled both our engagement session photos and our wedding photos. Heather and Mandy did a great job of handling our engagement photos in Annapolis. Everyone we showed the photos to said they looked fantastic.

Stacy and Heather also did a great job on the day of our wedding. At my brother's wedding, the photographer, who was much more expensive than Stacy and who had been very nice during their initial meetings, turned out to be a diva and a pain in the butt during the wedding.

Stacy and Heather were professional, yet friendly and accomodating throughout the wedding. They were quick to handle different situations, and they really helped to make a stressful, exciting day go by more smoothly. Again, many of our guests later commented that our photographers seemed to be really good.

The photos came out beautifully, with a nice blend of candid and posed shots. The pictures are all techically proficient and again demonstrate Stacy and Heather's good eye for creative photography. All in all, Stacy Richardson did a great job of helping to capture our special day. We would highly recommend her to other future newly weds.

Sent on 05/19/2008

Kelly · Married on 05/26/2007

Stacy was wonderful! My new husband and I are so happy with her work and our album is fantastic! I would recommend Stacy and I plan to use her services again in the future!

Sent on 05/06/2008

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2006

3.5

Everyone we show our pictures to are just blown away by their ability to really capture the unique and special moments. She found a way to be everywhere but not make herself known. We had over 600 photos taken and were thrilled with everything. While she can seem to be a bit pricey, I assure you that her work is nothing short of phenomenal!! Book early, as shes getting to be rather popular!

Sent on 11/06/2007

Liz · Married on 08/01/2009

Stacy did a great job at our wedding. They showed up early, they stayed late, they were fun, friendly, and yet very professional. They took our suggestion for pictures yet kept us on time to get all of our "must have" pictures done.

Stacy was also super helpful with the pre-planning. She insists you fill out a pre-planning worksheet which not only helped me figure out which pictuers I wanted, but also helped me figure out the timing of the ceremony and reception (we ended up having an hour break between the events).

Overall, she was responsive, creative and a fantastic photographer!

Sent on 08/20/2009

Amanda · Married on 06/02/2007

Stacy is an excellent photographer. She is easy to work with, listens to requests and takes fabulous pictures.

Jane · Married on 04/22/2017

1.8
      1.0

Disappointed!
    I did not have even one photo for 7 weeks. Then they were posted on line for 8 days when the message “access to content is protected by owner” appeared. It took 3 weeks to gain access again. The Thumb Drive took over 3 months to receive. Photo ideas we sent to Mrs. Richardson on Pinterest were not replicated. Missed many shots like the brides hair, entrance to the event, boutonnieres, receiving line, band, etc. etc. There was only one photo of the entire wedding party and the matron of honor’s eyes were closed! Even worse the only photo of the extended family the Bride’s eyes were closed! Since contacting Ms. Richardson she has not corrected the photos. We have been collecting photos from guests.
    The photos we did receive were beautiful.

Sent on 10/28/2017