Stacey's Bridal Reviews

2.9

• I
    Izabella R. Married on 06/04/2021

Thank You Malerie!

Just yesterday I secured my dress and placed it on layaway! Stacey's has such beautiful dresses and the girls that help you find your dream dress are supportive and friendly. Absolutely No Judgement occurs, and they encourage and assist you each step of the way. I know I'm not supposed to have favourites, but I love Malerie! She is so kind and encouraging that I can't wait to go back for my next dance and find another beautiful dress with her! Thank You Again Stacey's (and Malerie)! I'll be sure to come back soon!
    Allie Married on 11/03/2018
    Stacey and her staff were amazing today! I walked in after being at 3 other stores and they helped me out SO much. I tried a dress on that I liked but wasn’t in love with the back. Stacey came in and made it the dress of my dreams!! Stacey and her staff were extremely helpful!!
    Jane Married on 01/01/2018
    Tammy in mastectomy center is Awesome! Very knowledgeable and friendly!
  • Allison
    Allison Married on 09/04/2016
    I made the mistake of not trying on my dress until a week before the wedding. Stacey's did a great job at fixing my mistake and tailoring it with only a week left!
  • User1386249 2+ years ago
    Stacey's was an amazing place to get my dress and bridemaid dresses. It was just like being on the TV show. They asked me what kind of a wedding atmosphere I was wanting and how I wanted to feel in my dress. I tried on several styles and ended up walking out that same day with my one of a kind designer dress! They also gave a discount on my bridesmaid dresses.
    Justin Married on 07/20/2013
    We had some small minor problems with things that fit right but they were very helpful on getting them fixed, the owner or manager was very helpful she even gave us her personal number if something went wrong that morning that she would come help fix it.
    Mary Married on 06/22/2013
    Michael was great to work with and we are sad that we won't get to see him very often now that the wedding is over. My daughter's dress was actually $400.00 cheaper that anywhere else and was a special order that came in exactly perfect. If you want your experience to be wonderful, ask for Michael!!!!
    Vicki Married on 11/12/2011
    I had an excellent experience. We purchased my bridal gown, bridesmaid dresses, shoes, jewelry, and tux rentals. All went smoothly and everyone was great to work with. It was nice to have so many things at the same store.
    Shanna Married on 02/11/2011
    I explained what I wanted and got the dress of my dreams. Her eye for sizing and style was so accurate, I tried on less than 10 dresses! Great price, great time, beautiful store!

She has moved! Her new store is: Stacey's Prom, Bridal & Lingerie, 11161 Plum Drive Urbandale, IA 50322 - (515) 226-9794
    Jessica Married on 08/05/2006
    I went for the princess dress with lots of layers so I ended up purchasing my dress at a prom shop. It was beautiful & only cost $300
  • User2170695 2+ years ago
    I had been to many different stores to try on dresses and always seemed to fall in love with a different style. I was pleasantly surprised to be asked a few different questions about what I wanted in a dress, my venue, theme, colors etc before I even started trying dresses on. I was also very adamant about not wanting to try on any strapless gowns, and the young man assisting me didn't give me any grief about that (other stores tried to talk me into giving them a shot).

I didn't fall in love with the dress immediately (looking back I have no idea how I couldn't have!) but after putting on a veil, a hair piece, jewelry etc I couldn't imagine getting married in anything else! It was great to walk out with a one of a kind designer dress that day (in my size and everything!) instead of waiting 4-6 months like some other stores make you do due to ordering them.

Everyone loved my dress which is what every bride wants! I got so many comments (even from the tailors!) about how unique and beautiful my gown was.

I'm one happy and satisfied customer!
  • User2046729 2+ years ago
    I had been looking for a specific kind of dress for a while and I finally found the one I wanted at a more affordable price at Stacey's. The attendant was very kind and helpful and I found several dresses that I really liked. I was able to order my dress even though it was less than five months before the wedding with no shipping costs, rush, and a cheaper price than two other stores at which I had found my favorite dress.
  • User1386471 2+ years ago
    If you have a budget make sure they stick to it...like any company trying to sell you something they will push your limits. Other than that they were great to work with. They put me in gowns I wouldn't have thoughts of and I loved. Give yourself plenty of time to get your gown or bridesmaids dresses in - they come from overseas.
  • User2571985 2+ years ago
    Had a horrible experience, wrong dresses ordered, calls not returned, bad alterations, they said we would get a discount and than nothing.
  • Kayla
    Kayla E. Married on 02/04/2021

Terrible Experience

I would never recommend Stacey's Bridal to anyone. My first experience picking out my dress was fine but the lady that helped with that quit. Each time I went for a fitting or needed help there was mass confusion. It took over a month to get prices on tuxes. I called multiple times and was told it was being looked into. Finally, I just went with someone else that had outstanding customer service. I was called three times to set up an alteration appointment that I had already set up. The day of my wedding my Matron of Honor's zipper was stuck. I got married in Aruba so I had my cousin that was in Iowa reach out to Stacey's Bridal to have them Facetime with solutions. They were extremely rude and not helpful. They just kept saying it's so easy to fix.... but it wasn't. There was a defect in the zipper. I ended the call with I'll reach out when I get back to Iowa because I expect my money back then in a very rude/snarky tone I heard I doubt that's gonna happen. Luckily a very nice seamstress that was at the resort helped my Matron of Honor with a workaround so she was able to wear the dress..... but only for a few hours before the whole zipper ripped out.
    Hannah Married on 10/10/2020

Very rude manager

Went in to Staceys to find shoes and use credit I had when I put a dress on hold for 3 days. Had no idea I needed a “pink slip” and that they couldn’t lookin me up on their system. Manger was suuuuuuper super super rude. I will not be back and I won’t reccomend to anyone I know.
    Natalya Married on 09/01/2018
    Came in to try on wedding gowns today at Stacey's in Urbandale IA, USA. Had an appointment that was made few days ago and confirmed... Sales Consultant was not ready for me. Reception girl took me to the fitting room and went to pull wedding gowns for me to try on. When she came back with only 2 dresses after searching for 10 min I asked her where is my Sales Consultant she said she still busy with her prev appointment... I asked reception girl few questions about brands this stores carries however she said "she usually doesn't do bridal appointments and doesn't have the info but my Sales Consultant will ". She went to check on the Sales Consultant... again... I am in the room for about 30 min now since my appointment started... Had not tried on even 1 dress yet... She comes back and tells me that my Sales Consultant is STILL busy but now with mother of the bride... So what about me and my appointment??? I walked out.... Such poor customer service and complete disrespect to client's time is just unbelievable and unheard off!!! Never again I gonna step in this store and sure will not recommend to anyone.... Just unacceptable by any standard... What a shame.... PS. Week later... I haven't heard from anyone from Stacey's, no apologies nothing... Looks to me that this owner doesn't really care for any of her clients or store reputation in general....
    Cariann Married on 04/21/2018
    one of the worst places I've been. not worth the time. I called to see about scheduling an appointment; when asked for availability, I replied that I was busy that whole weekend--4 times. when the woman on the phone stated again she had a later appointment again that weekend, I again stated I was busy with something that whole weekend. to which she rudely replied, "umm ma'am, I don't need your whole life story." I'm beyond appalled at this response. I'd tried multiple times to be polite in choosing a different time to set up an appointment, and she still refused to do it any other time than that weekend. that is beyond ridiculous. needless to say I will never step foot in this store, and will continue to tell as many people as I know to stay away from any Stacey's Bridal.
    PS, it made me make the score of 1. I would never rate them even that high.
  • Dawn
    Dawn Married on 10/30/2017

Bra Buyer Beware!

Buyer Beware - I had gone to Stacey's for a professional bra fitting (not a wedding gown). I had weight loss surgery in October 2020 and my weight had stabilized but I needed new bras. I was helped by someone who suggested I was now a 34DD "pushing an E". That is bigger than I have ever been when my size seemed smaller than I've been since high school in the cup. We tried several bras, net/net she said regarding the last 2 "those look very good, this is how a bra is supposed to fit." I bought them both for a total of $85. When they didn't work out, 1 cut my arm, 1 looked like it could fit someone 4 times my size, I called Stacey's to see about an exchange. I waited on hold for 22 minutes. Called back and was told to come into the store. No apology was issued and the owner (Stacey) said that they don't do returns only alterations. These bras were a horrible fit all the way around - no alteration would have made this right. Mind you, these are store brands not custom made bras. It was alterations or nothing from Stacey's standpoint. Zero attempt to make this right besides me alter the store brand bras. Who does that for store brand bras? I told her to just donate the bras since they were of no use to me. I then emailed her to fix the issue. She didn't respond for 2 days because she indicated she was too upset to respond. I sent a 2nd email providing my phone to call to resolve the issue. She responded very rudely via email. Net/net if you are looking for customer service, this is NOT your place. You can easily be fit and serviced at SOMA, Von Maur, or Victoria's Secret by companies that stand by their product and put the customer first. Very sad review to post considering my mother has done mastectomy business there for 25 years. I tried 4 different emails to resolve this matter before posting. Stacey wants to stick to her "No refund" stance and not provide me a store credit to choose something that fits and doesn't cut my arm. Hard to imagine how you'd be treated if you crossed her path unhappy about a wedding dress. Buyer beware!!!
    Louise Married on 10/07/2017
    Avoid at all costs! This company is fraudulent and do not abide by their returns and refund policy. I am stuck with two bridesmaid dresses of very poor quality and an awful colour.
    They refuse to give a returns address and are now ignoring all emails.
    I am £180 out of pocket and Trading Standards can not assist as the company insist that the dresses are made to measure even though I ordered standard sizes and did not pay extra for the made to measure. Due to the fact they requested measurements to check the sizes, they say that they are made to measure.
    Please avoid! Total waste of money ??
    Senada Married on 05/08/2017
    Dresses are fine, sales staff is fine, but the owner is horrible. Awful, awful person.
    Bernadette Married on 10/28/2017
    You may as well throw your money on the fire
    Jennifer Married on 10/14/2017
    If you value your special day, go else where! I am currently in a feud with Stacey's because I was sold a cheap dress that fell apart 3 days before my wedding day which she is claiming I sabotaged on purpose! Go to David's Bridal or make your own dress, it would be better and stronger than their crap!
    Snne Married on 06/30/2017
    Avoid avoid avoid ... I have purchased a dress which I waited 1 month for & when I got it out it is nothing like I ordered & it's lined with something that looks like thick curtain material! And is far too small
    When I emailed them
    They said I have to send pictures of myself wearing it , well I would if I could get it on !!
    I have now emailed and had no reply at all , and so I assume I'm stuck with it so that's over £100 down the drain !!!
    And expensive mistake ..
    please avoid .. and save your money
    Senada Married on 05/08/2017
    There is not enough space for me to share my full story, but what I will say is that the owner is the most unprofessional, rude, and disrespectful person you will ever deal with. A former employee made a promise, that Stacey decided not to keep, even though the whole mess was created by her employee. She took no responsibility at all, did not apologize ones, and actually yelled and fought with me in the front entrance, with other guests around. It was completely horrifying and embarrassing. If that is the type of service you want, then come to Stacey's. I would never ever ever ever buy anything else here again.